AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Morning person or night owl?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a night owl all my life and never good at observing the clock. Without any external influence like work hours or appointments, I tend to end up with a 25+ hour day rhythm. I was born and grew up in the arctic, so a "normal" 24 hour cycle was never a thing anyway. It was either constantly night or constantly day, with a month and a half of transition periods inbetween.

Keeping some sort of routine is even tougher now with the lockdown here, so I regularly become surprised when I look at the clock 😅

EDIT: sorry, this was in Ask-A-Model section, and I'm a user ...

Been a night owl all my life and never good at observing the clock. Without any external influence like work hours or appointments, I tend to end up with a 25+ hour day rhythm. I was born and grew up in the arctic, so a "normal" 24 hour cycle was never a thing anyway. It was either constantly night or constantly day, with a month and a half of transition periods inbetween.

Keeping some sort of routine is even tougher now with the lockdown here, so I regularly become surprised when I look at the clock 😅

EDIT: sorry, this was in Ask-A-Model section, and I'm a user ...
Is ok,all replies are welcome

I'm not a model, but I'm definitely a night owl.
I'm your average working stiff with the standard 8+1 hour full-time shift remotely (7 to 4), so I can't sleep in the middle of the day despite wanting to. However, I found a schedule I personally like is sleeping in the evening (right after work, starting around 4:30pm or so), waking up late night time/early early morning, and then staying up the rest of the night/morning. I eat dinner when I wake up, I eat a small breakfast-snack right before I start work, and I eat lunch somewhere between 11AM and 2PM. I enjoy the night time, and it also lets me feel more energized going into work, since it takes me awhile to wake up. Likewise, I'm the kind of guy that can wake up from an alarm half-asleep, get up and turn it off, and fall back asleep without even realizing it, so falling asleep way earlier than needed reduces stress of me oversleeping.

Seriously though -- I remember one time a few years ago in college, I downloaded a 'math alarm' app where you had to solve math equations to turn the alarm off. It worked for two days, but then I remember oversleeping one day. I wondered my math alarm didn't go off, and I saw the app was gone. If I had to guess, my half-asleep self couldn't solve the math equations I set, so instead I deleted the app, thus turning off the alarm lmao. That's just a guess though-- when I'm half asleep, I don't actually remember what I did when I fully wake up. Hence, I usually set about 2 hours of phone alarms each night at 15 min intervals (the intro 'soft alarm'), plus 2 louder desk alarms I have to get up to turn off (the slightly later 'heavy alarm'), plus a loud-ass computer alarm set at the end (the fallback 'red-alert' alarm). It's almost pathetic, but hey-- what can I do? lol

That being said, from a camming perspective, I honestly only really visit/tip one room that I happen to really click with, and lately her schedule has shifted to some days 3:30PM to 7/8PM my time, so I've found my sleep schedule adjusted slightly, since I'm generally casually PMing throughout her streamtime. Granted, she sometimes streams like 5:30AM my time, so my unorthodox sleep schedule aligns well with that too.

I also happen to like watching horror movies/TV serires, and horror media binges are best done at 2AM in the dark, so it works out :haha:

I used to be a night owl, but throughout college I became a morning person, and now it's rare for me to sleep past 8. Being on cam is essentially the last thing I do every day from 6 to 9 pm. I know later streams are often better, but I just can't stay up later than that. I'm usually in bed by 11.

I'm a night owl, I could easily stay up to 3/4am every night. Waking up sometimes feels like I'm easing myself out of a coma.

I got an SAD alarm clock though and it's made a huge difference. I still don't like mornings but they're a little less traumatic now.

Reactions: EvaRomania
Night owl. I would like to change my schedule and start getting up early in the morning, but all my attempts are in vain, I still in any way return to the nocturnal lifestyle.

I use to be a night owl.

But like a decade ago, I lost my job. And for the month I had no job, I could get up, go to bed when ever I wanted. So I stayed up an hour later every night. Till I ended up at 6 to 10. Sense then, I've kept that schedule.

Night owl. I would like to change my schedule and start getting up early in the morning, but all my attempts are in vain, I still in any way return to the nocturnal lifestyle.
Is more about how we are used. Big changes are very difficult. It took me a long time to become a morning person but after many months I need to go back to being a night owl because mornings does not work for me anymore

Definitely a morning owl. As soon as the sun hits my window, I'm up, if not earlier. All my productive hours are early, after lunch my brain is mush especially during the hot summer weather. Around 9pm I can fall asleep sitting up lol.

My schedule lately. Wake around 5am - Set up for camming - Cam 5:30-10am - lunch - be highly unproductive - sleep

Definitely a morning owl. As soon as the sun hits my window, I'm up, if not earlier. All my productive hours are early, after lunch my brain is mush especially during the hot summer weather. Around 9pm I can fall asleep sitting up lol.

My schedule lately. Wake around 5am - Set up for camming - Cam 5:30-10am - lunch - be highly unproductive - sleep
oh,so how many hours of sleep do you need to can wake up so early?

oh,so how many hours of sleep do you need to can wake up so early?
I'm usually out by 10pm on weekdays so 7-8h.
Back when I started I was doing morning and night shifts camming weekdays and I got soo burnt out. Night is way too draining for me. I might set up a pvt with a regular in the evening but I find it very difficult to keep up the energy for much more than that.

If doing a split shift day I work: 7am-10/11am then 2-5pm
But if I want the afternoon and then evening to myself then 8am until 2/3pm.

Nights are way more lucrative but I always get sick without fail after a couple of weeks of working until the wee hours of the morning. And to think I used to party hard and pull all nighters and sometimes all weekenders all the time....sob. Since turning 35 four years ago, I have to be asleep early or I look and feel like a zombie! The great thing is I often get mistaken for 25-27 on cam (like every day, though I list my real age anyway as I am proud to be older/experienced/getting on). It must be down to the early nights!

Definitely a night owl. I hate having to get up early to take the bus to a doctor's appointment. I had an appointment on Friday, and it was still dark out when I left the house at around 6:15 AM.

Seriously though -- I remember one time a few years ago in college, I downloaded a 'math alarm' app where you had to solve math equations to turn the alarm off. It worked for two days, but then I remember oversleeping one day. I wondered my math alarm didn't go off, and I saw the app was gone. If I had to guess, my half-asleep self couldn't solve the math equations I set, so instead I deleted the app, thus turning off the alarm lmao.

OMG, I remember hearing about that kind of alarm two years ago when I did a Google search! There was also one where you have to do 30 repetitions of weight lifting to shut it off. And one called SpinMe...that makes you get up and spin around with the phone in your hand to turn it off. Also one that makes the bed shake, etc.

OMG, I remember hearing about that kind of alarm two years ago when I did a Google search! There was also one where you have to do 30 repetitions of weight lifting to shut it off. And one called SpinMe...that makes you get up and spin around with the phone in your hand to turn it off. Also one that makes the bed shake, etc.

Any alarms like that would very likely be defenestrated in my house.

Any alarms like that would very likely be defenestrated in my house.

Happy Birthday! I had to look up the definition of 'defenestrated'. You could've just said "thrown out the window."

Steve Harvey Lol GIF by NBC

I'd really LOVE to be a morning person, but I'm an 'I can stay up and happily work until 3 am' person. Tried to train myself to wake up early but it just doesn't happen.

One of these days, I should look into those. I bet my apartment neighbors hate me from early morning alarms constantly going off. :giggle:

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Night Owl, I always worked swing shifts and partied late weekends, during college. I don't party anymore, but I have never been able to transition back to mornings. My body is really set in this schedule. After college, I mainly had swing and night shift jobs too, so I'm a pretty cemented night owl.

Status
Not open for further replies.