AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Motivation and suggestions for a plus size model?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosa_1347

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Jan 19, 2015
Hey gals,

I was hoping to get some ideas of where my best interests should be in terms of sites i should use.

i signed up with myfreecams and don't get me wrong i like the chats i have and the wonderful and creative people that stop by to see me... but that seems to be all i'm getting is just chats.

for my first week i made 64.10 which isn't bad in my opinion due to the fact i'm not hard up for money but the problem i have right now is they all expect me to just flaunt what i got for free.

no one wnats to tip, not even if i set low goals for the sessions, i haven't had a day with no tips yet but i still get kinda discouraged because i'm a plus sized girl.

i see other plus sized models with bad lighting and intergrated cams doing just what i do and not even talking and they get more tips than me... i don't understand why, is it because i'm fat...ish? do they just expect fat girls to be desprate for cash and do just about anything they want for free?

am i wrong for setting goals?

take for instance last night, I got this new toy, my only toy atm, a fox tail butt plug, and set a goal of 1000 tokens to do it in free chat and the rest was as fallows 30 for panties and bra, 150 for topless 250 for nude and then the 1000 to do the butt plug.

I was rather egar to do it because i have wanted one of these plugs for a long time and i thought it would be fun to just relax chat and see if anyone would be interested, sadly i was far off, even flaunting it got nothing.....

i wanna do a different sit in collab with mfc to try and make a little extra for outfits and fun toys to offer and take pics with so i have a better chance at earnings but it seems you get such a low percentage if your cam score isn't based on your earnings and so i feel backed into a corner.

i'm not comfortable with free.. even if i am fat, i don't put my junk on the cam without the goals met, but its so ungodly slow!

I was told that me being bipolar was a perfect niche because i'm into a lot of things for fun, and i'm a mother, i'm 23, and married so thats three different things that can draw attention. i talk, so you don't just hear typeing the whole time, i'm cute and i'm open about everything, so i just set my goals and chat, i don't beg, i don't plead for tips, and i try to offer up my best umph for the job.

i realize starting out is rough at first, but i see no help for plus size models on here, i searched several key words to find something, so i'm sorry if this post is annoying.

I just... am i really expected to be low end of the line because i'm a large woman?

I'm not a model but I get the impression that comparing what you're earning with what other girls are earning is just one of the worst things you can do. It just seems to lead to bitterness and frustration every time, and going into a camming shift feeling bitter and frustrated (unless you're targeting a very specific niche who are in to that) is going to make it extremely hard for you. Just focus on what you're earning and adjust things accordingly if you need to. You're a new model so maybe it's best to start with smaller goals that you know you can make, while you build a fanbase that will be big enough to support larger goals. And yes, there are many plus-sized models who do very well on MFC. Going purely on what type of model I see routinely occupy the higher ranks of MFC, I get the feeling that maybe plus-sized models enjoy slightly less traffic than other models, but I see plenty of plus-sized models, who, if their camscore is anything to go by, are doing very well for themselves on MFC. You may also want to look in to selling clips on Clips4Sale. There are many, many, many men who prefer plus-sized women, and if the top selling categories on C4S are anything to go by, a lot of them can be found there.

Hiya!
I'm writing this on my phone so i think i can't go into a lot of details but I wanted to share anyway. Being a plus size model isn't necessarily a disadvantage, there are plenty of members into curvy women and a lot of plus size girls are doing really well. Statistically it might be harder to get in the top 20 but it's not impossible to be very successfuL.

I personally wouldn't depend on being bipolar as a niche to attract members, I'm sure there are a few who like the idea of having someone to talk to who's in the same boat, but it's much more productive to "brand" yourself with generally accepted positive things. Are you into games? Specific music? Cinema? Pop culture? Anything more upbeat would probably be more attractive for members. Same goes for being married and being a mom, nothing wrong with that of course, but I bet there are other aspects of your life that are more interesting to a larger crowd.

I want to advice you to try and not watch others girl and think to yourself "her feed isn't as good as mine, why is she getting all the tips and I'm not?" Because that will drive you crazy and sometimes there really is no sense to make of it besides luck.

However, there is so much you can do to improve your shows and strategy! I would spend a couple of days reading pretty much this entire forum and specifically the threads on pricing and countdowns.

Good luck!
(Also it helps to put a link to your profile in your signature here)

mynameisbob84 said:
I'm not a model but I get the impression that comparing what you're earning with what other girls are earning is just one of the worst things you can do. It just seems to lead to bitterness and frustration every time, and going into a camming shift feeling bitter and frustrated (unless you're targeting a very specific niche who are in to that) is going to make it extremely hard for you. Just focus on what you're earning and adjust things accordingly if you need to. You're a new model so maybe it's best to start with smaller goals that you know you can make, while you build a fanbase that will be big enough to support larger goals. And yes, there are many plus-sized models who do very well on MFC. Going purely on what type of model I see routinely occupy the higher ranks of MFC, I get the feeling that maybe plus-sized models enjoy slightly less traffic than other models, but I see plenty of plus-sized models, who, if their camscore is anything to go by, are doing very well for themselves on MFC. You may also want to look in to selling clips on Clips4Sale. There are many, many, many men who prefer plus-sized women, and if the top selling categories on C4S are anything to go by, a lot of them can be found there.

I planned on doing pics today and tomarrow to get new profile pics and also get some albums and video's possibly that they would want to buy. I'm working on it, i guess i'm just jelous that girls way bigger than me that are new are getting tipped like crazy and i'm trying to be the cute, chatty, submissive type like i truely am and its not working as well for tips as it is for convo. but i don't fret over the tips near as much as it seems i just wanna make enough to afford new items is all. I have fun with it for sure but starting from the bottom up with limited wardrobe, one toy, and little to no props is hard to do.

Fay_Galore said:
Hiya!
I'm writing this on my phone so i think i can't go into a lot of details but I wanted to share anyway. Being a plus size model isn't necessarily a disadvantage, there are plenty of members into curvy women and a lot of plus size girls are doing really well. Statistically it might be harder to get in the top 20 but it's not impossible to be very successfuL.

I personally wouldn't depend on being bipolar as a niche to attract members, I'm sure there are a few who like the idea of having someone to talk to who's in the same boat, but it's much more productive to "brand" yourself with generally accepted positive things. Are you into games? Specific music? Cinema? Pop culture? Anything more upbeat would probably be more attractive for members. Same goes for being married and being a mom, nothing wrong with that of course, but I bet there are other aspects of your life that are more interesting to a larger crowd.

I want to advice you to try and not watch others girl and think to yourself "her feed isn't as good as mine, why is she getting all the tips and I'm not?" Because that will drive you crazy and sometimes there really is no sense to make of it besides luck.

However, there is so much you can do to improve your shows and strategy! I would spend a couple of days reading pretty much this entire forum and specifically the threads on pricing and countdowns.

Good luck!
(Also it helps to put a link to your profile in your signature here)

oh well in that case i guess i should rethink what i advertise lol. should i put that in my tags or about me?

i need to contenue to read up but i was just hoping to get some info about this. i studied what they did for a good three days , all plus sized models, one girl way way bigger than me making tons of tips, i like the payout better on my free cams than streamate (i haven't started here yet but 35 percent is so low...)

let me ask you, would being a hentai addict be something worthy? i'm huge into it and the cute sexual cosplay it retains. especially neko girls with the ears and tail, thus the reason i got the fox tail butt plug to play with lol, i have other costumes in mind too. i draw it as well would that be something to show?

i never really thought you had to have a neche because i'm into SO many things lol i guess i love dress up the most i'm odd lol

Rosa_1347 said:
mynameisbob84 said:

I planned on doing pics today and tomarrow to get new profile pics and also get some albums and video's possibly that they would want to buy. I'm working on it, i guess i'm just jelous that girls way bigger than me that are new are getting tipped like crazy and i'm trying to be the cute, chatty, submissive type like i truely am and its not working as well for tips as it is for convo. but i don't fret over the tips near as much as it seems i just wanna make enough to afford new items is all. I have fun with it for sure but starting from the bottom up with limited wardrobe, one toy, and little to no props is hard to do.

I'm curvy and very new to public camming as well, and aside from the general guidance that consistent cam-time on sites like MFC seems key, there's a couple pointers for freebies regarding BBWs and more giving-type people.
You may know some of this already, so I'm not trying to be patronizing.

One, as far an convo, a lot of people will get off on that. They look at your body, get you talking about sexytimes things you like...or even stuff that doesn't seem like sexytimes stuff to you...and they're done. You start to see the patterns after awhile, and get quicker at realizing when you're being led into free dirty-talk.

The other, BBW specifically, is that from what I read in another forum, you may get a lot of lurkers who just look at your belly and watch you move, get their jollies and move on. Someone even went so far as to suggest the appeal was so strong that larger ladies not show their bellies in free chat...which depending on a model's niche and style might be wise...but for me, it's not.
I really like my body, lingerie, and stripping, so while I use the BBW tag, I'm not into the idea of holding my belly in reserve. I might make some fetish clips at some point, but for now I just do my thing and accept the fact that there are lurkers for everything, and even make fun of it on cam.

It'll be OK, if you stick with it. And if you don't want to, that's OK, too. My camscore is pretty abysmal right now, but I'm not on nearly as much as I should be to raise it, either. I have a few people that regularly stop into my room, and as long as that's happening, then I figure the better I get at developing my shows, things will just grow from there (as far as tips).
In the meantime, I have fun, and if I'm not, then I log off.

I think the idea that you have costumes and such is cool. As long as you're having fun with it, having a creative outlet, and are comfortable with the likelihood of losing or breaking even on money for a time, I think things will get better for you :)

Reactions: AshleyFox and Gen
Hi! :hello2:

Alright, being a BBW on mfc - I do believe it makes things harder. I think mfc is a tough nut to crack for most models but I think it's extra tough for BBW girls. But - tough =/= impossible. Like you said you've seen a lot of BBW models with shitty cams and sitting there doing nothing - I love BBW girls so when I am on a tipping spree, that's who I search, and the vast majority are like that. But that's GOOD for you and me and other voluptuous babes because it creates an underserved market. You just gotta stick with it!

I wouldn't advertise being bipolar - being a mom could be your "thing" if you want, but I agree with Fay that advertising your interests is a good way to get the room going. I talk about comic books for example so I try to get viewers who like talking bout the same things.

I think it's unfair to be jealous of bigger girls making more money (not the jealousy part but the "they're bigger" part) . You're kind of upholding the idea that skinnier girls should be making money and fatter ones shouldn't. Comparing your earnings with anyone is a recipe for disaster but it's a bit rude to think bigger girls shouldn't be making money than you. Loads of girls who seem like they're doing nothing make good money so you'll drive yourself crazy if you let yourself be jealous!

My biggest advice: make some videos for sale, link your profile and Twitter account in your link here, stay positive, play games in your room, start with small goals (200 to top off, 200 to panties off, then maybe 400 to butt plug or something - small bits at first is a good way to start in my opinion), make sure your topic has lots of things to tip for (spanks! Flash! Video! 10tks to tell a joke! Whatever!). And stay positive! Work consistent hours (same days/hours every week). Tweet a lot! Read everything on here and be social, get involved in threads. Having model friends is invaluable for tons of reasons but it also helps you meet new people, they'll hype you to their regs, etc.

Good luck dear!!!

msmidori said:
Rosa_1347 said:
mynameisbob84 said:

I'm curvy and very new to public camming as well, and aside from the general guidance that consistent cam-time on sites like MFC seems key, there's a couple pointers for freebies regarding BBWs and more giving-type people.
You may know some of this already, so I'm not trying to be patronizing.

One, as far an convo, a lot of people will get off on that. They look at your body, get you talking about sexytimes things you like...or even stuff that doesn't seem like sexytimes stuff to you...and they're done. You start to see the patterns after awhile, and get quicker at realizing when you're being led into free dirty-talk.

The other, BBW specifically, is that from what I read in another forum, you may get a lot of lurkers who just look at your belly and watch you move, get their jollies and move on. Someone even went so far as to suggest the appeal was so strong that larger ladies not show their bellies in free chat...which depending on a model's niche and style might be wise...but for me, it's not.
I really like my body, lingerie, and stripping, so while I use the BBW tag, I'm not into the idea of holding my belly in reserve. I might make some fetish clips at some point, but for now I just do my thing and accept the fact that there are lurkers for everything, and even make fun of it on cam.

It'll be OK, if you stick with it. And if you don't want to, that's OK, too. My camscore is pretty abysmal right now, but I'm not on nearly as much as I should be to raise it, either. I have a few people that regularly stop into my room, and as long as that's happening, then I figure the better I get at developing my shows, things will just grow from there (as far as tips).
In the meantime, I have fun, and if I'm not, then I log off.

I think the idea that you have costumes and such is cool. As long as you're having fun with it, having a creative outlet, and are comfortable with the likelihood of losing or breaking even on money for a time, I think things will get better for you :)

well its not that i actually NEED the tokens anyways, idk.. last few days i've had guys pm me that i'm doing it wrong and i'm just getting warmed up. i can play dirty so to speak if i need to. i just really like feeling sexy and being told i'm cute. My hubby even watches when he can and i only cam when he's at work and my sons asleep. but max amount of hours a day would be 5 if i got on the second my son went to sleep till he wakes up and then from bedtime till my hubby gets home. sadly naptime changes so much.

i have a wishlist and skype so all should be well in the end i just need to set rates for skype. everyone keeps asking me to lactate on screen and i can't due to rules and i wouldn't do it for free anyways. lol

guess i just need to give it another week huh? mon-fri at least 2 hours a night isn't to awful and i've only been late on once so..

GenXoxo said:
Hi! :hello2:

Alright, being a BBW on mfc - I do believe it makes things harder. I think mfc is a tough nut to crack for most models but I think it's extra tough for BBW girls. But - tough =/= impossible. Like you said you've seen a lot of BBW models with shitty cams and sitting there doing nothing - I love BBW girls so when I am on a tipping spree, that's who I search, and the vast majority are like that. But that's GOOD for you and me and other voluptuous babes because it creates an underserved market. You just gotta stick with it!

I wouldn't advertise being bipolar - being a mom could be your "thing" if you want, but I agree with Fay that advertising your interests is a good way to get the room going. I talk about comic books for example so I try to get viewers who like talking bout the same things.

I think it's unfair to be jealous of bigger girls making more money (not the jealousy part but the "they're bigger" part) . You're kind of upholding the idea that skinnier girls should be making money and fatter ones shouldn't. Comparing your earnings with anyone is a recipe for disaster but it's a bit rude to think bigger girls shouldn't be making money than you. Loads of girls who seem like they're doing nothing make good money so you'll drive yourself crazy if you let yourself be jealous!

My biggest advice: make some videos for sale, link your profile and Twitter account in your link here, stay positive, play games in your room, start with small goals (200 to top off, 200 to panties off, then maybe 400 to butt plug or something - small bits at first is a good way to start in my opinion), make sure your topic has lots of things to tip for (spanks! Flash! Video! 10tks to tell a joke! Whatever!). And stay positive! Work consistent hours (same days/hours every week). Tweet a lot! Read everything on here and be social, get involved in threads. Having model friends is invaluable for tons of reasons but it also helps you meet new people, they'll hype you to their regs, etc.

Good luck dear!!!

sorry i didn't mean to come off like i was saying i was better than anyone. i don't think i should earn more than anyone i just meant with what they could do and with how good they looked, i didn't understand why i wasn't getting as much attention i the same..... totally not better than anyone for any reason.. sorry i came off like that

Reactions: Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.