AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Music in the background of livestream

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RiyaGenesis

Inactive Cam Model
Sep 10, 2011
The Internet
twitter.com
Chaturbate Username
Riya_Xx
Hey all,
I notice a lot of models listening to music on cam and honestly some of my favourite things are dancing (badly) and singing along/lipsync to music.

I'm wondering tho, can you get copyright complaints for this because of it technically being a show you're making money from? I know some models that only listen to royalty free or their own music, but plenty more that don't. Any thoughts? I see threads about using music in videos (I wouldn't.. It's an expensive lesson to learn) but what about live broadcast?

Its the same on cam as it is in videos. If it's copyrighted music and you are on a commercial based site you are not supposed to use it as you have no rights to it. Can you get in trouble for it? Yes. Have models? Not any I have heard of. Closest I have seen it happen to is YouTube people being sued for such. Will it ever happen? Maybe. No way to tell until it does. So as it is girls are just rolling the dice hoping they arent the ones who get chosen for it to happen to. Some sites actually already ban music and any logos on their site including say a can of Pepsi being on cam.

• Helpful!
Reactions: RiyaGenesis
If you are really worried about it, here in the UK you can buy your own PRS licence (I guess something similar exists in the US) but the fee depends on how many people view your room.

• Helpful!
Reactions: EllieKnox
Status
Not open for further replies.