AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Music on Streamate?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2021
Hi, are we allowed to play music from our laptop while camming? Or maybe even DJ it a bit as entertainment? Is this ok as "fair use", no weird issues about copyrighting etc.?

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
I will tell you my experience. I live-stream with a radio on in the background turned about medium so I can hear it mostly and the viewers can hear it faintly. EVERY video I made with ANY music on it was not “acceptable” because of the music in the background. So I think music is ok while live-streaming but I would try my best to avoid music in your for sale videos as that has become a problem for me not getting videos approved because of that. There actually is a place on the site where I saw that you can download music to use for streamate videos specifically ? But I haven’t tried that yet. All I know is they do not post videos for sale with music but live streaming with music is OK. Hope this is helpful. I am on SM.

Upvote 0
I will tell you my experience. I live-stream with a radio on in the background turned about medium so I can hear it mostly and the viewers can hear it faintly. EVERY video I made with ANY music on it was not “acceptable” because of the music in the background. So I think music is ok while live-streaming but I would try my best to avoid music in your for sale videos as that has become a problem for me not getting videos approved because of that. There actually is a place on the site where I saw that you can download music to use for streamate videos specifically ? But I haven’t tried that yet. All I know is they do not post videos for sale with music but live streaming with music is OK. Hope this is helpful. I am on SM.
This^^^ 100%

Upvote 0
There is also a tip menu item for "pick a song" as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot (100).png
    Screenshot (100).png
    71 KB · Views: 15
Upvote 0
I got an email from livejasmin saying music will no longer be allowed during live streams because of copyright issues. What do you guys think about this? Do you think this will become the norm on other cam sites? It's already in practice on twitch. Music really helps me feel sexy and put on a good show. I really don't understand "fair use".

I also always kind of hoped that copyrighted music during a live stream would offer a little more protection from pirated uploads. One more element out there doing DMCA takedowns.

Upvote 0
I got an email from livejasmin saying music will no longer be allowed during live streams because of copyright issues. What do you guys think about this? Do you think this will become the norm on other cam sites? It's already in practice on twitch. Music really helps me feel sexy and put on a good show. I really don't understand "fair use".

I also always kind of hoped that copyrighted music during a live stream would offer a little more protection from pirated uploads. One more element out there doing DMCA takedowns.
I'm able to play music low enough where I can hear it and enjoy it, but the viewers cannot.
Whether you can do that or not probably depends on what speakers, mic, and computer you use though. I don't use any specialty-sensitive mics or speakers for live streams.

Upvote 0
I'm able to play music low enough where I can hear it and enjoy it, but the viewers cannot.
Whether you can do that or not probably depends on what speakers, mic, and computer you use though. I don't use any specialty-sensitive mics or speakers for live streams.
Yeah I'll have to play around and record myself so I can get the level right. Maybe just sneak an airpod in one ear and have a silent disco with me myself and I. lol

Upvote 0
I wondered if a PRS licence is required, if playing music on stream or even during any online show breaks the PRS regulations - PRS is a UK performance right licence for businesses.

Upvote 0
Hi, are we allowed to play music from our laptop while camming? Or maybe even DJ it a bit as entertainment? Is this ok as "fair use", no weird issues about copyrighting etc.?
In the live stream, yes that's totally allowed. You cannot use copyrighted music in the recorded videos though - the only music allowed is the one from our playlist.

Upvote 0

I got it too and that's terrible. It is so boring to work without my music even if it's purchased by me legally. Just what are these new rules? Glad it's still allowed here.

Upvote 0
you guys can look up copyright free music by typing in NCS in YouTube :) i hope that helps.. but otherwise terrible news..
And the question is - how will they check if i am listening copyright free music from this channel? I think they just will be checking if it's playing from their app and if not - we will be fined or banned.

Upvote 0
i used to work as an A&R for a music company. so the thing is... there's something like shazam (you know the phone app?) that, if built into the player of a website, automatically analyzes and reports the sound.. I suppose that is how it works with YouTube.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.