AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Music software to use while camming

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2017
Twitter Username
@RubesTuesdayMFC
MFC Username
DeeReynolds_
Hi All!

So sometimes I'm just not in the mood to chat to the room using my voice, but just chill out to tunes. I've noticed some models using a music software where you can only hear the music, no background noise e.g. Kickaz and PoppyNaked. Any idea what its called?!

Thank you!

Hi All!

So sometimes I'm just not in the mood to chat to the room using my voice, but just chill out to tunes. I've noticed some models using a music software where you can only hear the music, no background noise e.g. Kickaz and PoppyNaked. Any idea what its called?!

Thank you!
There are few different ways to do this, both software and hardware based ones. Before windows 10 it was more common to have "What U Hear" or Stereo mix enabled by default in windows if the drivers supported it. This meant that a sound output could also be used as an input easily directly in windows. In windows 10 for the devices that have this feature supported by its driver it is now disabled by default and have to be turned on but it seems that support for this feature is much less common nowadays.

The second option is Virtual Audio Cable and although the website looks very sketchy it works, but it may require some troubleshooting if you run into issues.

The third option is to let the broadcasting software OBS take care of the sound mixing for you. This is only possible on MFC if you are using the OBS HD streaming beta which to be honest isn't a 100% perfect at the moment so you might want to stay away from this one until it functions properly.

The fourth option is to get an actual audio cable and run from the speaker/headphone jack on your computer and plug it into line in or mic depending on what you want to use as a sound input, then people will be able to hear what you should have heard. To be able hear sounds yourself with this option you will need to use a slitter and plug that into your headphone/speaker jack first and then plug speakers/ headphones into that and the audio cable that goes into the microphone/line in.

The fifth option is using a mixer board. I use a USB mixer board and I normally use a dac and amp to get sound to my headphones, the dac and amp works very much like a sound card, but it only has sound output. So I run an audio cable from the dac and amp to one of the line ins on my mixer board and because it is USB it shows up as a sound input device in windows. So If I want to play music I just turn down the volume for my mic on the mixer board while leaving the volume on line 3/4 where my dac and amp is plugged in turned up at a comfortable level. This is probably the best option because it gives the most control over the sound that you broadcast, but it is also the most expensive one, because you need at least a mixer board, XLR microphone, headphone or speakers and an audio cable. This would probably cost around $200 dollar for ok quality gear. If you are starting out there are probably other things you should invest in before you try this and to be honest I don't think I have seen any MFC model do it this way. It might look a bit complicated but it is actually quiet easy to get it to work.

Options 1, 2 and 4 are probably the ones that you might want to look into if you are on Windows, if you are on a Mac I have no clue what the best option is.

There are few different ways to do this, both software and hardware based ones. Before windows 10 it was more common to have "What U Hear" or Stereo mix enabled by default in windows if the drivers supported it. This meant that a sound output could also be used as an input easily directly in windows. In windows 10 for the devices that have this feature supported by its driver it is now disabled by default and have to be turned on but it seems that support for this feature is much less common nowadays.

The second option is Virtual Audio Cable and although the website looks very sketchy it works, but it may require some troubleshooting if you run into issues.

The third option is to let the broadcasting software OBS take care of the sound mixing for you. This is only possible on MFC if you are using the OBS HD streaming beta which to be honest isn't a 100% perfect at the moment so you might want to stay away from this one until it functions properly.

The fourth option is to get an actual audio cable and run from the speaker/headphone jack on your computer and plug it into line in or mic depending on what you want to use as a sound input, then people will be able to hear what you should have heard. To be able hear sounds yourself with this option you will need to use a slitter and plug that into your headphone/speaker jack first and then plug speakers/ headphones into that and the audio cable that goes into the microphone/line in.

The fifth option is using a mixer board. I use a USB mixer board and I normally use a dac and amp to get sound to my headphones, the dac and amp works very much like a sound card, but it only has sound output. So I run an audio cable from the dac and amp to one of the line ins on my mixer board and because it is USB it shows up as a sound input device in windows. So If I want to play music I just turn down the volume for my mic on the mixer board while leaving the volume on line 3/4 where my dac and amp is plugged in turned up at a comfortable level. This is probably the best option because it gives the most control over the sound that you broadcast, but it is also the most expensive one, because you need at least a mixer board, XLR microphone, headphone or speakers and an audio cable. This would probably cost around $200 dollar for ok quality gear. If you are starting out there are probably other things you should invest in before you try this and to be honest I don't think I have seen any MFC model do it this way. It might look a bit complicated but it is actually quiet easy to get it to work.

Options 1, 2 and 4 are probably the ones that you might want to look into if you are on Windows, if you are on a Mac I have no clue what the best option is.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! What a thoughtful and insightful answer!!!!

Hi All!

You would think this would be so easy, right? Wrong, this is really hard. It's so hard in fact that even my favorite models who have figured out OBS pretty well seem to just never figure it out.

There are multiple ways to do this, but the software-only methods usually rely on a combination of:

1) A virtual audio cable software application
2) An application or chrome gadget that lets you direct output of specific browser tabs (e.g., Youtube) to specific output devices
3) A virtual sound mixer, so you can set the relative volumes of different combinations of sound output (this step is to really fine tune things and avoid audio feedback loops)

This video gives you the most complete overview.

This video gives you some idea of how one virtual sound mixer can be used to further enhance effects.

Once you get it all figured out please come back to this thread and let us know the combination of things that worked best.

Status
Not open for further replies.