AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

My Hitachi just exploded on cam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeAudreyHorne

Inactive Cam Model
Feb 28, 2016
Twitter Username
@missaudreyhorne
Chaturbate Username
missaudreyhorne
So while camming last night, I decide to get a little spontaneous and turn on the Hitachi in public chat. I wanted to get off, anyway, and suddenly, I see this flash of bright light on the monitor (but not IRL). I turned it off and said, "WTF was that? Did anyone else see that?!?" A couple of people said, "Yeah, I think it's your magic wand." I told them that the thing was still working, and I didn't feel my pussy burst into flames, so, you know, my brilliant logic was to keep going. I did, and then I felt it - a hot spark right on my collarbone (luckily, the puss is still intact). I yelp (not the site) and try to rip the thing from the socket, except it already has - the Magic Wand portion burnt away from the cord portion, which has a black spot where it was seared away. I had to shut off the cam then. GO TO BED, AUDREY. YOU'RE ELECTRICTY-DRUNK!

tumblr_o4i2hf3cyk1s9q4o5o1_1280.jpg

Were you recording? I feel like that would make a GREAT video!!

Mine exploded also but off cam...I didn't have the guts to buy another one after this

• Hugs
Reactions: emahlee
So while camming last night, I decide to get a little spontaneous and turn on the Hitachi in public chat. I wanted to get off, anyway, and suddenly, I see this flash of bright light on the monitor (but not IRL). I turned it off and said, "WTF was that? Did anyone else see that?!?" A couple of people said, "Yeah, I think it's your magic wand." I told them that the thing was still working, and I didn't feel my pussy burst into flames, so, you know, my brilliant logic was to keep going. I did, and then I felt it - a hot spark right on my collarbone (luckily, the puss is still intact). I yelp (not the site) and try to rip the thing from the socket, except it already has - the Magic Wand portion burnt away from the cord portion, which has a black spot where it was seared away. I had to shut off the cam then. GO TO BED, AUDREY. YOU'RE ELECTRICTY-DRUNK!

tumblr_o4i2hf3cyk1s9q4o5o1_1280.jpg
i guess i was away for too long ....wtf is hitachi??? sigh lol

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TIME!!
Lol. But seriously, if it's happening to more than one person may be the manufacturer should be notified?. Would they recall this kind of thing, like a automobile recall? At the very least I think you guys should get a free product replacement :)

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TIME!!
Lol. But seriously, if it's happening to more than one person may be the manufacturer should be notified?. Would they recall this kind of thing, like a automobile recall? At the very least I think you guys should get a free product replacement :)
If it already tried to electrocute you, would you really want another one? :haha:

Reactions: SaffronBurke
ON CAM, TOO?!!?

I did get sympathy tokens afterward - "towards a new Hitachi", but I might try to sell the recording for all of those with a fetish for vaginal penetration and fire.

Yes, during a girl/girl bdsm show. It exploded on the poor girls pussy..while she was tied up in a cage.

well, if the thing is made for back massage, maybe staying in touch with wetness all the time is the problem. at some point is almost like throwing elctric fixtures in the water?!

Reactions: FreeAudreyHorne
Damn!! I had this happen to me as well, Just as I was about to climax, the hitachi shorted out and sparks went spraying out from between my legs. It was both epic and terrifying. I was not recording, and while I'm thankful I did not singe my whoo-ha off, I am a little butt-hurt that I didn't catch it on camera.

Last edited:
I just ordered my first Magic Wand a day before reading this thread and now I'm terrified. :bag:

I didn't get a Hitachi, I got this: http://www.amazon.com/Lush-Speed-Therapeutic-Massager-White/dp/B00TMLY36U
Not sure if that makes me feel better or worse... lol

Hitachi's (or similar, industrial-sized vibes) are great! You just want to keep an eye out for shorts in the cord after a lot of use. If your vibrator begins to cut in and out while turned on, despite being plugged in properly - it's time to retire it. Once the power begins to cut in and out, it usually means the wires in the cord are loose or damaged. It's when these loose or damaged wires make contact with one and other that you can get sparking.

Last edited:
I just ordered my first Magic Wand a day before reading this thread and now I'm terrified. :bag:

I didn't get a Hitachi, I got this: http://www.amazon.com/Lush-Speed-Therapeutic-Massager-White/dp/B00TMLY36U

Also, If you are really worried about your vibrator cord shorting out, you can always invest in a rechargeable wand:

http://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-Rechargeable-Original-Massager-Certified/dp/B00YFUMFCM
http://www.amazon.com/California-Exotics-Embrace-Body-Wand/dp/B00EE7F9VU

Reactions: FayePotato

I was one of the lucky ones - I had mine for six years before this happened. And really, I believe it was the combination of age + being plugged into an old outlet in an even older apartment. I blew a breaker. You'll (probably) be fine. :cat:

Reactions: FayePotato
Status
Not open for further replies.