AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

My job is trying to kill me

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambers Troll

Deactivated Account
May 15, 2014
Far away
My job is always trying to kill me. Was wonding about some of the close calls, embarrassing injuries, and scares others here have had working.
I work in an industrial setting, usually it is others doing something silly to put me in danger. This time I got my boot caught walking past a piece of machinery, I was carrying something, so couldn't get balance back. Went over the handle of the machinery shins first. Bashing the shins, dropping something, and a good face plant is always entertaining.

Reactions: Diana Blake
My injuries are all psychological :p I used to work production for TV news, and I loved it, but don't ever mix up which framing is needed for the next shot. Live news is fast paced and high stress. I've had some insane profanity directed in my general direction through my headset. Besides that, I've mainly worked in cubicles. I haven't had anything notable happen while camming, but I know other girls have, so I'm eagerly awaiting those responses.

My job is always trying to kill me. Was wonding about some of the close calls, embarrassing injuries, and scares others here have had working.
I work in an industrial setting, usually it is others doing something silly to put me in danger. This time I got my boot caught walking past a piece of machinery, I was carrying something, so couldn't get balance back. Went over the handle of the machinery shins first. Bashing the shins, dropping something, and a good face plant is always entertaining.
Did that same thing. Boot lace got hung up on a protruding bolt (climbing on machinery). If shoelace hadn't broke, might have wound up seriously hurt. Just had a headlong sprawl that had folks running from all directions going "OMG YOU OK?"

Oh yeah, and there was one other time I was running an overhead crane when the brake gave out. 20,000 lbs of steel started coming down towards me. Had to run for my life. So there's that.

Last edited:
Years ago I almost fell six stories at work.:giggle: You just have to laugh and move on. Dwelling on the little falls and fumbles of life will just drive you mad.

Was an ER nurse before camming. Once had to hand over a patient with a couple broken fingers from slamming them in a door because I couldn't wrap his hand properly. I couldn't wrap his hand properly because... while getting supplies to wrap his fingers, I slammed my hand in a door and broke two fingers. :facepalm:

My bosses at Victoria's Secret thought it was a great idea to make the clumsy short girl with the bad back climb not-quite-tall-enough ladders to put or retrieve heavy boxes on the top shelf in the back room. Lots of wobbling around in every direction and wrenching my back to catch my balance and not fall, and missing steps on the way down. I'm shocked that I never actually fell, but the fear of how bad such an injury would be gave me ninja reflexes that kept me on the ladder.

I am new to agriculture work and ran a grain cart for the first time last harvest. A few things happened:

1. Got a tractor stuck in a ditch.
2. Almost drove my rig off a ridge while making a turn. I was at a 90 degree angle when someone told me over the radio that it was a stupid move and subsequently jackknifed the grain cart trailer trying to back out of the situation.
3. Towards the end of harvest, I mixed up a couple SCV switches on my tractor while unloading into a grain trailer and retracted the arm on my cart versus closing a door to stop the flow of corn. Clogged the chute, jammed the auger and had to make ta mess to unclog everything. I got to throw the result of my mistake over my shoulder into the grain trailer with a scoop shovel afterwards.

One of my first jobs after high school was washing dishes at a State Mental Health Facility (asylum in the non politically correct days). All the patients were court ordered to be there due to some violence involved in their circumstances.

First week I was standing behind the serving line with coworkers and a patient threw a glass salt shaker at my head. I dodged quick enough. But the door of the stainless steel milk cooler got a nice dent in it.

Another time a patient walked up to me during lunch and yelled "LEAVE MY PUSSY ALONE!" All the other lady coworkers joined in with 'Yeah, leave her pussy alone jerry!' Then proceeded to laugh about that one and repeat it for weeks just to see me get embarrassed.

One time during winter I was returning to the kitchen and a patient lit his stocking cap on fire and threw it on the ground. He told me it was evil when I suggested we put the fire out. I chose not to argue any further.

And when it was really cold outside we'd let the patients into the kitchen building via the underground tunnel that has all the heating and electrical pipes running between buildings. I usually got stuck with the task of walking a couple hundred feet to the end of the narrow tunnel to unlock the door to let around 600 criminally insane people in. I'm slightly claustrophobic to begin with. That put new meaning to it.

It was the only job I've ever had where the staff had mandatory monthly self defense training. To this day I can break a stranglehold like nobody's business!

During the first Gulf War, we had a bunker dug in the ground next to our tent. Late one night, the Iraqis fired a Scud missile in our direction so we all piled into the bunker. It was a small space, enough room for four or five guys, roofed over with 4x4s and sandbags. The only way in or out was a little rabbit hole you had to crawl through one at a time. None of us had flashlights, and it was pitch black. After the missile passed, the guy closest to the rabbit hole started to crawl out, but stopped, blocking the rest of us. Somebody asked him what the fuck. Then we heard him say: "Anybody see the grenade I just dropped?"

A few years ago when I was still working as a reporter, I had to go cover a major forest fire in central Florida. One of the forest service guys took us into the fire zone, in an area that was supposed to be near the fire, but safe-ish. There was a small group of us standing in the middle of this forest when the wind shifted and the flames jumped, what they call a flashover. Suddenly fire's racing through the tops of the trees toward us, faster than I thought was possible. We all look at the forest service guy, thinking he'd be a calm professional who would lead us out. He's got a panicked look on his face, points away from the flames and screams 'run!'

But the one that really killed me: My editor tells me that Playboy is in town shooting 'Girls of the ACC' and wants somebody to come out and interview the girls. He doesn't have anybody else to cover it, so he's assigning it to me. But I'm on deadline for something else and can't leave...so I have to do the interviews by phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.