AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MyFreeCams Profile Help!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
Ok, first off, I don't know why so many new girls feel the MFC profile is so important to the point where they freak out and search out people to pay to help them. The built in MFC profile editor is simple and easy to use, and you DON'T need some elaborate CSS design to set up your MFC profile. Just answer the questions in the "edit profile" section of your admin pages, or leave them blank if you don't want them to appear, and use the "customize profile" link in your admin pages to change the appearance as you desire. You don't HAVE to have a fancy designed profile to let your viewers know what you're all about. The most important aspect of your MFC career is being ON cam and entertaining, not so much what's on your profile...

BUT, if you do want something fancy for some reason, let this thread be the place that you ask questions and find help for it.

Attention all MFC profile editors! Post a reply here if you have advice, services for hire, or helpful links for HTML and css design.

A few girls have gone to this site for basic help with HTML and CSS - http://www.w3schools.com/

I am going to direct all new models to this thread for info since we see at least 1 per week popping up asking for desperate "HELP!" on their MFC profiles. :)

Take it away, folks!

I'm new to this and I need help editing my profile. I've made a layout for my blog on Tumblr before, but idk if this is any way the same.
Unfortunately not, but if you have managed to edit your Tumblr blog I'm sure you will do an amazing job with your MyFreeCams profile page. I will be glad to see your project come to life :) let me know if I can "throw" some suggestions or if you need help. Have fun and b creative

Upvote 0
So I'm trying to use http://mfc-profile.com/themecreator/ and so far whenever I try to post it comes up as the original layout for MFC.
Any help?
Can you provide a link to your profile?
Did you paste the code in Edit Profile > Step Three or Step Four / About Me box?
The editor is using inline CSS so it should work, tho some of the markup is a bit wrong

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/AmethystGrey
I posted in the about me section. So far the alignment is a little off
I see... I don't have your code and you already know how difficult is to digg into nasty inline css but I will try to help you as much as I can.
Please add your code into a plain text file and send it to me.
basically, if you add a fixed width value and margin values, your edited code should be aligned

not in the first paragraph because it's not the one you need editing.
in the second paragraph tag (it looks like this <p ) there must be values for width (at least) . Anyway, the paragraph should act like a wrapper, so you will need to add a css (omg another code) to properly align it
the code is
margin:10px auto 30px auto;

10px - away from top with 10 pixels
30px - the next element below your "project" will be away from the bottom margin with 30 pixels

It is hard for me to type un-geekley for you to understand.

Upvote 0
Hello.

I am editing my MFC profile through CSS. I am having a hard time figuring out how to remove the About Me Header and Friends Header. As you can see About Me Shows up twice and Friends is empty. Can someone provide me the CSS Code to remove those two headers? Thank you!

Attachments

• mfcccc.png
    mfcccc.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0
Hello.

I am editing my MFC profile through CSS. I am having a hard time figuring out how to remove the About Me Header and Friends Header. As you can see About Me Shows up twice and Friends is empty. Can someone provide me the CSS Code to remove those two headers? Thank you!
you can try this css . add it at the very end of your current css markup code

HTML:
#profile_about_me div:nth-child(1) , #profile_friends div:nth-child(1){display:none;}
It will remove the first child div element from the parent section
Let me know if it worked for you

Upvote 0
you can try this css . add it at the very end of your current css markup code

HTML:
#profile_about_me div:nth-child(1) , #profile_friends div:nth-child(1){display:none;}
It will remove the first child div element from the parent section
Let me know if it worked for you

That worked for me thanks! Also do you know what CSS Code I can use to keep my profile page centered when the browser is resized? For example when I look at it from my computer it is centered but when I go to a smaller laptop the profile is no longer centered?

Do you happen to know the CSS setting for making sure it stays put when it resizes?

Thanks so much!

Upvote 0
That worked for me thanks! Also do you know what CSS Code I can use to keep my profile page centered when the browser is resized? For example when I look at it from my computer it is centered but when I go to a smaller laptop the profile is no longer centered?

Do you happen to know the CSS setting for making sure it stays put when it resizes?

Thanks so much!
Unfortunately (I hate starting a reply like that) there are some issues when it comes to custom profile designs, I for one , use the grid system layout which makes my templates semi-responsive but to reply to your question the body css element should have the margin values.
Example:
body{margin:0 auto;}
- no matter what the width of the body element is, the margin:0 auto will center the layout on all desktop resolutions (or mobile too)
Example 2:
body{width:90%;margin:0 auto;}
the percent value is a relative width (in the above example)
A custom MFC profile design should have all default and custom elements (IDs, and classes) relative width values in order to be responsive.

Upvote 0
What are the dimensions that'll work for MFC? I would like to make my own background but I need the dimensions haha

Upvote 0
What are the dimensions that'll work for MFC? I would like to make my own background but I need the dimensions haha
I don't think I get your question but in any case. The dimension of the body element can be from 100% to 60% (below 60% it is way to narrow).
For background images is the same, you can use 100% width.
It looks like this
background-image:url(the-image-url-path);background-size:100%;
There are other attributes which can be added to a background image like:
background-position:
background-attachment:
background-repeat:
It very much depend on what image are you using.
I don't have necessary time to explain each and one of the attributes but if necessary I will.
Big image backgrounds around 1200x700 can use a set of attributes
Smaller image backgrounds like 120x120 use another set of attributes.
For example, smaller images must repeat themselves (tile background) defined by css attribute
background-repeat: repeat;
// bigger images can use background-repeat:no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed;
It's a lot to write about a simple image added as background via css

Upvote 0
You can now generate manyvids videos code and put it directly to Your profile :)
http://mfc-profile.com/manyvids-generator/
Nice improvement :) -- I have some suggestions tho...if I may,
- sanatize the markup code - remove nasty elements which have nothing in common with the actual code (target="_blank" to an ul element for example, rel="nofollow" ?) it doesn't help and doesn't fix anything
- add distinctive codes which really work with MyFreeCams platform...
- maybe develop the generator to work and render CSS too, a very powerful addition for MFC (hover effects for example)
Good luck mfcgraphic :)

Upvote 0
Nice improvement :) -- I have some suggestions tho...if I may,
- sanatize the markup code - remove nasty elements which have nothing in common with the actual code (target="_blank" to an ul element for example, rel="nofollow" ?) it doesn't help and doesn't fix anything
- add distinctive codes which really work with MyFreeCams platform...
- maybe develop the generator to work and render CSS too, a very powerful addition for MFC (hover effects for example)
Good luck mfcgraphic :)

Well i deleted the (target="_blank" to an ul element for example, rel="nofollow" ?) but what You have in mind typing:
'- add distinctive codes which really work with MyFreeCams platform...'

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well i deleted the (target="_blank" to an ul element for example, rel="nofollow" ?) but what You have in mind typing:
'- add distinctive codes which really work with MyFreeCams platform...'

Something more acceptable for MFC platform like using class or div elements, maybe not inline css, hover effects on buttons, links or images...
This is my own opinion and please take it as suggestion and not like something bad (i'm not the competition):
what is the difference between using an image instead of that huge markup?
The model can use a image element with some nice fonts and other graphic elements instead of a "gibberish" markup code.
Adding hover effects (among other things) in the functionality of a section makes it more interesting, interactive, appealing..

Your project doesn't support hover effects of any type right now and that's a minus. Yes the generated markup works pretty ok on MFC and CB platforms but basically it is intended to render markup format for CB only --- at least that nasty markup type is optimized for CB.
Hopefully you will see my suggestions as friendly advice with sole intention to develop your project further, offer better, smarter, faster, professional services.
Best of luck
Dan N

Upvote 0
Something more acceptable for MFC platform like using class or div elements, maybe not inline css, hover effects on buttons, links or images...
This is my own opinion and please take it as suggestion and not like something bad (i'm not the competition):
what is the difference between using an image instead of that huge markup?
The model can use a image element with some nice fonts and other graphic elements instead of a "gibberish" markup code.
Adding hover effects (among other things) in the functionality of a section makes it more interesting, interactive, appealing..

Your project doesn't support hover effects of any type right now and that's a minus. Yes the generated markup works pretty ok on MFC and CB platforms but basically it is intended to render markup format for CB only --- at least that nasty markup type is optimized for CB.
Hopefully you will see my suggestions as friendly advice with sole intention to develop your project further, offer better, smarter, faster, professional services.
Best of luck
Dan N

Hey thx for suggestions, about css for mfc i think i will make maybe seperate generator because it will be more work to make switch CB / MFC than making new one for MFC. Hope some day CB will do a CSS and make avalable DIV, SPAN...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan N
Upvote 0
Offline tips boosting model's camscore.
Can anyone confirm or not if offline tips are part of the algorithm used for establishing the model's camscore.
Yesterday, model camscore 864 > offline tip 100 tokens > camscore 1000 (no online, live activity)

Upvote 0
I realized very early that profiles are important. I do not know a lick of html css, any of that stuff, and being a new model and pressed for time I bought my profile template. I then went in and customized it myself. I loved it!! Had alot of fun. Thanks for this post!! Someday I may want to try my hand at my own when I can find the time!! For now my bought n paid for one works well!!
http://shop.design-xpro.com/ This is where I purchased my template.
mfc.im/Samantha_Jane This is my profile.

Upvote 0
I'm new to the site, but I recently made a profile for a friend on mfc as a favor, but learned the outrageous rates some people charge. After some encouraging from the friend, I've decided to offer my help to others. I'm curious what the best way/place to market myself for this would be, as I am fairly new to the MFC community. I have a BS degree in Graphic Design and Digital Media and worked the past year until recently at a web dev company, in charge of graphic and code development on multiple projects. Any advice would be very helpful.

Also, if any models are interested in seeing what I have done on the site, let me know your MFC name and I will add you to people who can view the profile. The profile is not yet live on her account and I still want to discuss her comfort with me publicly linking others to it as an example. Basically, I created the profile from scratch based off a theme decided, and images provided, by the model. Additionally, I am creating emotes, animated and static, for the model to use in chat, and may create a trailer of sorts to add to the profile later. Ideas are presented by me, but all decisions were, and continue to be, ultimately up to the model. Assistance carries on throughout setting up the profile and changes/additions requested afterward. This profile took within a week of my free time, including time spent gathering materials, figuring out how exactly the mfc profiles work and researching the "market" (common practices, do's/don'ts, existing creators, etc.).

My point: This is how I will always work - It's your profile, so it should be what you want. My job is to help us both create something even better, by your standards. If I ask any compensation, it will all be negotiable and will be based on many factors, but if it is ever thought to be unfair or over-priced compared to other creators, I will always explain the discrepancy or adjust the rate.

Sorry, this is so long, just trying to figure this all out :p Thanks for any input!

Upvote 0
I realized very early that profiles are important. I do not know a lick of html css, any of that stuff, and being a new model and pressed for time I bought my profile template. I then went in and customized it myself. I loved it!! Had alot of fun. Thanks for this post!! Someday I may want to try my hand at my own when I can find the time!! For now my bought n paid for one works well!!
http://shop.design-xpro.com/ This is where I purchased my template.
mfc.im/Samantha_Jane This is my profile.

I don't believe you don't have some sort of coding skills... your profile page is not "broken" after you edited by yourself and that's pretty awesome :)
I've notice the heart from Yandy button... don't tell me that particular change didn't give you a hard time :D.
Btw, which was the hardest editing/change you made... your opinion.

Upvote 0
I don't believe you don't have some sort of coding skills... your profile page is not "broken" after you edited by yourself and that's pretty awesome :)
I've notice the heart from Yandy button... don't tell me that particular change didn't give you a hard time :D.
Btw, which was the hardest editing/change you made... your opinion.

Thanks Dan !! Actually at first it was difficult, but I know how to follow directions, and with a lot of trial and error I eventually got it. The yandy heart I figured out in my sleep. I suffered over that one for a day or 2 before actually figuring that one out!! That probably was the hardest for me. The rest was more copy and paste, but that one took some critical thinking!! And of course I still have blank spaces on my profile, so I have future work. Today I learn to be a video editor!!

Reactions: Dan N
Upvote 0
2 days... why suffer? lol, i was one click away on twitter.
Sometimes my collaborators have the wrong impression that I charge them even if I read their emails. I'm so ugly and scare people off?
--- please don't answer! :) --- Always ask without hesitation, if I am time-free and able to help, I will.
If its a bigger issue and requires hours of editing then yes a fee is obviously included but for quick tips, suggestions, ideas, feedback, I'm there to help.

Reactions: samijanemfc
Upvote 0
Thanks Dan, I will keep you in mind!! Today I got a few html tutorials so I can understand it better, but I lost power and never got to it. I am excited though because from the look of it, I think I can get this!

Upvote 0
Thanks Dan, I will keep you in mind!! Today I got a few html tutorials so I can understand it better, but I lost power and never got to it. I am excited though because from the look of it, I think I can get this!
I am 100% sure you will. But not when you are exhausted... handwriting markup is difficult sometimes and requires a lot of attention and focus. Best of luck @samijanemfc

Reactions: samijanemfc
Upvote 0
Hi...can anyone help me with some code issues I'm having?
I'm trying to modify a free template because I really don't have time to go and code my own from scratch. I'm using this one here from Poker Babe
I'm ok at coding but this particular issue has me stumped! The code looks all fine to me but when I use it on my profile page things don't work as expected. I have even taken the code out put just the parts I'm trying to edit into an online editor and it all works fine, yet on my MFC profile it doesn't work at all.

In the template there are three heart button 1 for Twitter 1 for Amazon 1 for Offline Tips each have a hover image. Playing around with this section of code in the online editor it all works just as it should. Yet on my MFC profile each image is static, there's no hover, and no cursor change as there should be, and nothing happens when clicking on the button.
This is the html for the buttons
Code:
<div id="OneSection">

<div>
<div id="link-twitter">
<a href="https://twitter.com/PeachykinsMFC" target="_blank" title="FOLLOW ME" rel="noopener noreferrer"></a></div>
<div id="link-wishlist">
<a href="https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/wishlist/226ZA0TLH5MNM/ref=cm_wl_rlist_go_o" target="_blank" title="SPOIL ME" rel="noopener noreferrer"></a></div>
<div id="link-offlinetip">
<a href="http://www.myfreecams.com/mfc2/php/tip.php?&request=tip&broadcaster_id=20154246" target="_blank" title="TIP ME"></a></div>
</div>

And this is the CSS
Code:
#OneSection {
  display:block;
  width:920px;
  height:auto;
  padding:5px;
  margin-top:122px;
  margin-bottom:12px;
  margin-left:-50px;
  border:0 solid rgba(153,153,153,.4);
  color:#ccc;
}
/* =================================================================
                        Twitter, Amazon, & Offline Tip Links
=================================================================*/
.link-amazon {
  width:165px;
  height:165px;
  background:transparent url(http://holliecakes.com/mfc/AmazonButton.png) no-repeat;
  position:absolute;
  top:0;
  left:210px;
  text-indent:-3000px;
 z-index: -1;
}

.link-tip {
  width:165px;
  height:165px;
  background:transparent url(http://holliecakes.com/mfc/TipButton.png) no-repeat;
  top:0;
  left:385px;
  text-indent:-3000px;
}

#link-twitter a {
  width:300px;
  height:301px;
  top:146px;
  left:33px;
  background:transparent url(http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GnK2rEvRpro/Vl0Re-ZmoFI/AAAAAAAAKaw/e-b4whFzTIA/s1600/twitter.png) no-repeat;
}

#link-twitter a:hover {
  background-position:0 -301px;
}

#link-wishlist a {
  left:273px;
  background:transparent url(http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-J3MsYQoIAUI/Vl0Re94wsgI/AAAAAAAAKa0/0uC7LYigQH8/s1600/amazon.png) no-repeat;
}

#link-wishlist a:hover {
}

#link-offlinetip a {
  left:505px;
  background:transparent url(http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aHSXW_M2vUo/Vl0Rew9M2VI/AAAAAAAAKas/7eUzWECapgg/s1600/tipme.png) no-repeat;
}

#link-offlinetip a:hover {
}

I've gone over and over this code and I can't find what is wrong with it because it all works on every editor I put it into. Is there some reason why MFC wont let me make a button?

Here's my MFC profile link ignore all the writing etc but you can see the buttons do nothing.

Upvote 0