AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MyFreeCams Profile Help!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
Ok, first off, I don't know why so many new girls feel the MFC profile is so important to the point where they freak out and search out people to pay to help them. The built in MFC profile editor is simple and easy to use, and you DON'T need some elaborate CSS design to set up your MFC profile. Just answer the questions in the "edit profile" section of your admin pages, or leave them blank if you don't want them to appear, and use the "customize profile" link in your admin pages to change the appearance as you desire. You don't HAVE to have a fancy designed profile to let your viewers know what you're all about. The most important aspect of your MFC career is being ON cam and entertaining, not so much what's on your profile...

BUT, if you do want something fancy for some reason, let this thread be the place that you ask questions and find help for it.

Attention all MFC profile editors! Post a reply here if you have advice, services for hire, or helpful links for HTML and css design.

A few girls have gone to this site for basic help with HTML and CSS - http://www.w3schools.com/

I am going to direct all new models to this thread for info since we see at least 1 per week popping up asking for desperate "HELP!" on their MFC profiles. :)

Take it away, folks!

• Hugs
Reactions: Cutie_Kisses
Upvote 0
None of these codes are working for me. Unless I'm not putting them in the right spot in the code. i don't know.

I'll mess with it when I have more patience. Or when i have money, I'll just pay for the toolkit or something.

Upvote 0
OMG cammodelexpress.com is awesome! And if you are decent with a photo editor (I use gimp 2.0, weird name, I know but it's very easy to use!) you can give your profile an extra personal touch! I just don't have a single clue about how to use code, so that site does all the hard work for me! Lol :p thanks for the great site @Miss_Lollipop !

Oh, and members can also send you gift subscriptions to the site, so that's always awesome if you have members that like to help out like that!

Upvote 0
Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
Upvote 0
hey... im not sure if this is to in-depth or to hard, but has anyone found out how/if you can change the color of the caption font when you hover over an image? i have the background of the hover and the font-family and size sorted i just cant change the caption color, i have looked everywhere that i can think of but cant find the right color tag to edit... any help would be awesome

cheers

Upvote 0
is there a way to use a different text on your mfc profile than the options provided? im AWFUL with tech & css is a pain in my ass, im having trouble finding answers! thanks

im guessing you mean different fonts when you say different text.... there is an "easy" way (i say "easy" because once you have learnt it its not too hard) The way i do it is using the css code @font-family.
for example:

/* latin */
@font-face {
font-family: 'Abhaya Libre';
font-style: normal;
font-weight: 400;
src: local('Abhaya Libre Regular'), local('AbhayaLibre-Regular'), url(https://fonts.gstatic.com/s/abhayalibre/v1/zTLc5Jxv6yvb1nHyqBasV-gdm0LZdjqr5-oayXSOefg.woff2) format('woff2');
unicode-range: U+0000-00FF, U+0131, U+0152-0153, U+02C6, U+02DA, U+02DC, U+2000-206F, U+2074, U+20AC, U+2212, U+2215, U+E0FF, U+EFFD, U+F000;
}

this is added to the TOP of your css code, and everywhere you want this font you use this font add font-family: 'Abhaya Libre'; in the css coding.

The hard part is getting the @font-family code in the first place. I use the website https://fonts.google.com/ to find the fonts i would like to use.
The big issue is that fonts.google.com give you a css link to add to your page header (something that we cant do on MFC profiles) so what i do is type the url https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= followed by the name of the font i want to use. (example Abhaya Libre so the url would be https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Abhaya Libre )
What this does is open the css file which allows you to copy the needed code to paste in to your MFC profile css.

I know its a long winded way of doing it but it means the font is stored online which means people dont have to have it on there computer (or other device) for it to work.
I know this is kinda long and im sorry but i tried to explain it the best i could.

I hope this helps

Upvote 0
ok im completely stuck again... but if i can get this to work i should be able to finish the profile finally (after about a month of working on it)

i have added some divs to the Interests and Hobbies section, and have a background on each main profile section and on each added div as i want each div (parent or child) to appear as its own independent entity. i have the widths set the same i have the same background and border on all divs (mfc or added divs)

this is what i have so far https://jsfiddle.net/Lfccdjk6/2/... as you can see the parent and its 2 children each have a background, what i was/am hoping to do is stop the parent background before its children so that all 3 divs appear independent of each other.

i have tried everything i can think of, short of using a background image (would rather stay away from this method)
if no one here can help i think im going to have to completely redesign the look of the profile :(

please any advice

Upvote 0
as you can see the parent and its 2 children each have a background, what i was/am hoping to do is stop the parent background before its children so that all 3 divs appear independent of each other.

Unfortunately I think what you're trying to do is not possible. Not the way you envision it, anyway.

The issue is that the child <div>s are necessarily contained within the parent <div>, the "know_me_container" generated by MyFreeCams, and so they're displayed inside its border. There is no simple way to "pull out" the children so they appear outside their parent's area on the screen without changing the structure of the surrounding HTML—something MyFreeCams does not seem to allow you to do.

It would be possible if you could prefix the HTML you're inserting with closing tags, something like this:
HTML:
        </span> <!-- value -->
      </div> <!-- container -->
    </div> <!-- profile_section_content -->
  </div> <!-- profile_section -->
</div> <!-- profile_row -->

<div class="profile_row">
  <div class="profile_section" id="profile_user_content_1">
    <div class="profile_section_content">
      <div class="profile_section_background"></div>
      <div class="heading">
        test 1
      </div>
      <div class="container" id="user_content_1_container">
        <p>info</p>
        <p>random content</p>
        <span class="value">
Unfortunately, if you try this you'll discover MyFreeCams "helpfully" deletes the closing tags at the top of the HTML fragment and reinserts them at the bottom, meaning we're once again stuck with our content nested inside the parent container.

The only other solutions I can think of would be to
  • Try using CSS to make the "Interests & Hobbies" section itself invisible, by removing its border and background and hiding its MFC-generated content, and position the child elements directly on top of it; or
  • Find some way to insert HTML that ends up outside of the containers MyFreeCams generates to house the various profile sections. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Upvote 0
yeah i tried closing the MFC generated divs, you can close the span but not the divs.
i know of one way to do it but it makes the generated div content no long auto generated and has to be manually added and edited, i was trying to keep the original functionality of the profile as its a gift for a model so i wanted to make it as simple as possible to add and edit the content when/if needed

but thanks for the advice

Upvote 0
disable the background and heading of the parent div
manually enter all the details in to just one of the mfc section "eg Craziest Thing I've Ever Done" add a heading tag and all the other tags such as the labels and values... give this section a background and style as needed. then in another section (eg More About Me/Bio) add all the new user added divs and style as needed

in my head this all makes sense and should work
but it means to edit the "normal" profile info you need to be able to edit and understand the html/css

your thoughts/ideas on this approach?

Upvote 0
your thoughts/ideas on this approach?

None, really, except that the same thing crossed my mind tonight and I rejected it for much the same reason: Too destructive and too much work. Plus I figured you wouldn't want to lose entire sections of your profile.

Hope you're able to change the design of your friend's profile to something workable without a lot of effort. Let me know if I can offer any ideas or another set of eyes.

Upvote 0
you can check it out if you want.... http://profiles.myfreecams.com/riverlands

WOW, that looks really great! I especially love how you've laid out the "Polaroids" at the top of page and animated them with CSS. Very clever. Every model should take a look at this to realize the sorts of things that are possible.

If I were you, I would simply remove the border and background from each of the "usercontent" divs you've added and allow their text to be contained together within the "Interests & Hobbies" section, relying on just the section headings themselves ("Current Specials", etc.) to provide visual separation. I realize this technically breaks the consistency of your layout, but from experimenting here it looks perfectly fine to me and I doubt very much a member would ever even notice that not every section appears in its own panel.

Upvote 0
Hey mate, thanks for taking a look... I love the Polaroid look... the model I'm giving it too use a Polaroid camera still, that's why I used this idea.

I had a play yesterday as well I think I'm going to it just like u said but maybe put a styled hr in between each user content section.

I've done more on this profile than my own.... I gotta up my own game now lmao

Upvote 0
OMG MFC_tittyteaser I love the "running little white square" --- I can't catch it... how did you do that?
Its on top of the Manyvids graphic, the left bottom area. I don't know if it's a glitch, an coding error or intended but its funny how "eludes" my mouse pointer... Oh... and the profile design its looking pretty awesome. :)

Upvote 0
OMG MFC_tittyteaser I love the "running little white square" --- I can't catch it... how did you do that?
Its on top of the Manyvids graphic, the left bottom area. I don't know if it's a glitch, an coding error or intended but its funny how "eludes" my mouse pointer... Oh... and the profile design its looking pretty awesome. :)

hey dan... thanks for the feed back.... i cant get the "running little white square" u were talking about... its not meant to be there lol
what browser are you using? does it happen all the time?

thanks for any info u can provide

Upvote 0
I use Chrome browser, scroll down to the wall/comment section, hover the manyvids image and there it is, my little friend the square . When I try to hover it, it moves left or right or up

Attachments

• sq.png
    sq.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0
I use Chrome browser, scroll down to the wall/comment section, hover the manyvids image and there it is, my little friend the square . When I try to hover it, it moves left or right or up
hey dan

thanks for the screen shot that helps... i still cant get the issue to occur, but im wondering if it has something to do with the images loading (the images are cached on my computer so they load instantly) just wondering if its like a place holder for an image that hasnt fully loaded or something like that.

but thanks again... ill have to have a better look at it when im not so busy
cheers

Upvote 0
hey dan

thanks for the screen shot that helps... i still cant get the issue to occur, but im wondering if it has something to do with the images loading (the images are cached on my computer so they load instantly) just wondering if its like a place holder for an image that hasnt fully loaded or something like that.

but thanks again... ill have to have a better look at it when im not so busy
cheers
No problem...
I don't know what to say... if it was an image placeholder ... well it behaves strange because it moves and unfortunately I can't detect it as an element via dev console. Anyway have fun & b creative :)

Upvote 0
Hey peep, what's up. I'm in the process of making graphics for my MFC profile. For those of you that make your graphics in Photoshop, how big do you make the smaller icons? So offline tip buttons and such. Would like to know so that I don't make buttons that are too large.

Upvote 0
Hey peep, what's up. I'm in the process of making graphics for my MFC profile. For those of you that make your graphics in Photoshop, how big do you make the smaller icons? So offline tip buttons and such. Would like to know so that I don't make buttons that are too large.
It very much depends on the rest of your layout, if you need to keep a balance between the other elements.
Its not a standard size so I don't believe you'll do something wrong.
For icons i use 45x45 and for buttons ... around 170x46 -- but like I've already mentioned... it very much depends on the other elements, position, available space.. so on.
By the way.. if you feel like you made them too big, you could use a custom class to make them smaller. This way you don't have to redesign them, upload and replace the bigger ones.

• Helpful!
Reactions: EllaGray
Upvote 0