AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MyFreeCams Search/Sorting

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joeternal said:
I feel like I've already answered that question 4 or 5 times, but I'll give it one more try. Maybe the best way to put it is that I think your idea of camming (especially on MFC) as "fantasy" doesn't hold up, unless you're talking about some kind of specific roleplaying fetish. There are real people involved, on all sides. You're not a fictional character in a TV show, and neither am I. MFC actually states that their goal is for things to be "real" and not "phony" on their site.
You come to a cam model forum and want to teach them what their job really is?!

It’s a bold strategy, Cotton. Let’s see if it pays off.

PunkInDrublic said:
You know whats cooler than dating a camgirl? Dating any woman who isn't in the sex industry.

Erm... dude... You're entitled to have your own personal preferences and not want to date a woman in the sex industry, but please don't make blanket statements making out dating a woman in the sex industry is going to be worse than dating another girl. Each to their own. You may not like the idea of dating a camgirl, but a large percentage of women on this forum are in extremely happy, supportive, healthy relationships where their partners have absolutely no issue with how their wives and girlfriends make their livings.

My camming doesn't effect my relationship negatively at all, it just means that I can work around my boyfriends unsocial work hours and am always upbeat and full of energy when he comes home exhausted. Oh no, poor guy, he has a girlfriend who makes a good wage, is almost always in a good mood, cooks for him when he gets home and wakes him up with blow jobs and bacon sandwiches when he has to wake up at 3am for work. Life sucks for him!

In the statement of why this guy would even consider dating a camgirl when he doesn't want to date a camgirl, well, I don't know, it seems like a naive and delusional thing to even consider if that's your feelings on it. But hey! The cam girls who's job it is to act friendly and like they like members and enjoy their company are genuinely drawn to him! He goes to top models roomsand among those 500+ people in the room the models totally see him differently to every other member. It's not like their job to make people feel that way. Nah, genuine this is. Poor guy, he doesn't want to date camgirls, but they're just so desperate for it!

Oh, and Kitty, I think I might be in love with you ;)

I'm noticing a bit of a white knight theme from OP's comments.

I get the feeling he's looking to save, to uplift some waif from her camming life.
Because if she has a bf/husband he must have manipulated her to do this, so he could sit on the couch vaping and playing COD while she earns the $ to pay the bills. He's obviously no good for her.
And when she's seen the light, when she's serious about the OP she'll dump the bf & caming and fall into his arms while, grateful to him that he's elevated her station in life barbers addiago for strings plays in the background.
Thats a lil bit of a god complex
(but maybe i'm wrong)

KittyWilde said:
That goes for you, too, Joe.

I don't think I said anything to deserve that.

I wasn't agreeing with his post, by the way. I was correcting his attempt to put words in my mouth, which is something that's happened repeatedly in this thread.

Like I said, I wouldn't rule it out. The fact that a woman was a cam girl when I met her, or had been a cam girl in the past, would not be a disqualifying factor.

It's not the past that matters, it's the future.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Isabella_deL said:
PunkInDrublic said:
You know whats cooler than dating a camgirl? Dating any woman who isn't in the sex industry.

Erm... dude... You're entitled to have your own personal preferences and not want to date a woman in the sex industry, but please don't make blanket statements making out dating a woman in the sex industry is going to be worse than dating another girl. Each to their own. You may not like the idea of dating a camgirl, but a large percentage of women on this forum are in extremely happy, supportive, healthy relationships where their partners have absolutely no issue with how their wives and girlfriends make their livings.

My camming doesn't effect my relationship negatively at all, it just means that I can work around my boyfriends unsocial work hours and am always upbeat and full of energy when he comes home exhausted. Oh no, poor guy, he has a girlfriend who makes a good wage, is almost always in a good mood, cooks for him when he gets home and wakes him up with blow jobs and bacon sandwiches when he has to wake up at 3am for work. Life sucks for him!

In the statement of why this guy would even consider dating a camgirl when he doesn't want to date a camgirl, well, I don't know, it seems like a naive and delusional thing to even consider if that's your feelings on it. But hey! The cam girls who's job it is to act friendly and like they like members and enjoy their company are genuinely drawn to him! He goes to top models roomsand among those 500+ people in the room the models totally see him differently to every other member. It's not like their job to make people feel that way. Nah, genuine this is. Poor guy, he doesn't want to date camgirls, but they're just so desperate for it!

Oh, and Kitty, I think I might be in love with you ;)
I feel like I should start off by applauding you for going a full post without insulting anyone, good job. Kinda expected you to act like a five year old and tell me to fuck myself for not agreeing with you. Being with a camgirl isn't as bad as I might make it out to be but it isn't this great honor like so many models pretend it is.

KittyWilde said:
PunkInDrublic said:
Hey Joe, can I ask why you'd want to date a camgirl? You know whats cooler than dating a camgirl? Dating any woman who isn't in the sex industry. Find a non sex worker to date and you won't have to worry about getting her to quit for you, you won't have to worry about all the sacrifices you'd have to make, and you wouldn't have to worry about all the other negatives that comes with being with one.

And all this time I was hoping you would ask me out! I mean, you have proven yourself to be a charming, intellectual man with a heart of gold. Any girl, especially the ones with all that "cam whore" baggage and negativity (dear God, not a woman who can support herself and be in touch with her sexuality), would be lucky to have a nice gentleman like you to bring home to her parents. Wouldn't they be SO proud?

On second thought, go fuck yourself. :)

From another thread...
PunkInDrublic said:
I'll stop posting in this thread before Jerry throws a temper tantrum and says something like "I hate your fucking guts" to me. Yeah he seriously said that to someone on the internet before. haha not even joking, he got so mad at someone on the internet that he said that. Dudes got issues.

Dammit Kitty. You beat me to it. :lol:

Isabella_deL said:
But hey! The cam girls who's job it is to act friendly and like they like members and enjoy their company are genuinely drawn to him! He goes to top models roomsand among those 500+ people in the room the models totally see him differently to every other member. It's not like their job to make people feel that way. Nah, genuine this is. Poor guy, he doesn't want to date camgirls, but they're just so desperate for it!

You know, maybe this is a good opportunity for me to learn something. Because you're probably right that I'm a fool who knows nothing about women in general, let alone cam girls.

So tell me: If I'm in private with a model who I've been in private with several times before and "know" reasonably well in MFC terms, and she tells me point blank that she wants to have sex with me in real life, and then repeats that statement when I ask her if she's serious, should I assume that's just "part of the act"? Because that's happened to me a few times. :dontknow:

JerryBoBerry said:
KittyWilde said:
PunkInDrublic said:
Hey Joe, can I ask why you'd want to date a camgirl? You know whats cooler than dating a camgirl? Dating any woman who isn't in the sex industry. Find a non sex worker to date and you won't have to worry about getting her to quit for you, you won't have to worry about all the sacrifices you'd have to make, and you wouldn't have to worry about all the other negatives that comes with being with one.

And all this time I was hoping you would ask me out! I mean, you have proven yourself to be a charming, intellectual man with a heart of gold. Any girl, especially the ones with all that "cam whore" baggage and negativity (dear God, not a woman who can support herself and be in touch with her sexuality), would be lucky to have a nice gentleman like you to bring home to her parents. Wouldn't they be SO proud?

From another thread...
PunkInDrublic said:
I'll stop posting in this thread before Jerry throws a temper tantrum and says something like "I hate your fucking guts" to me. Yeah he seriously said that to someone on the internet before. haha not even joking, he got so mad at someone on the internet that he said that. Dudes got issues.

I wanted to thank your post a gazillion times. I wurv you, Jerry.

Joeternal said:
Isabella_deL said:
But hey! The cam girls who's job it is to act friendly and like they like members and enjoy their company are genuinely drawn to him! He goes to top models roomsand among those 500+ people in the room the models totally see him differently to every other member. It's not like their job to make people feel that way. Nah, genuine this is. Poor guy, he doesn't want to date camgirls, but they're just so desperate for it!

You know, maybe this is a good opportunity for me to learn something. Because you're probably right that I'm a fool who knows nothing about women in general, let alone cam girls.

So tell me: If I'm in private with a model who I've been in private with several times before and "know" reasonably well in MFC terms, and she tells me point blank that she wants to have sex with me in real life, and then repeats that statement when I ask her if she's serious, should I assume that's just "part of the act"? Because that's happened to me a few times. :dontknow:

:lol: ...
I CAN'T EVEN.

Bless your heart.

Joeternal said:
Isabella_deL said:

It's my firm belief that if a camgirl wants to be with you, you wouldn't still be paying for her time.

AllisonWilder said:
It's my firm belief that if a camgirl wants to be with you, you wouldn't still be paying for her time.

I've never pursued it.

Because I can't tell the difference between a woman who's telling me what she thinks I want to hear (or one who's trying to lead me on for tokens), and one who's being serious. So I need this learning opportunity.

I'm really dumb. I've never had a date before. I weigh 400 lbs.

In a private as a member I'd assume most of it is part of the act... Maybe it's different in your situation, but I've met members before who've moaned to me about how x model said "I want you to meet/fuck me/do this to me" during a show and then they've been very upset when upon meeting said model at an convention she hasn't let him do any of those things...

It's why I'm very wary of saying anything along the lines of "I want you to fuck me/do xyz" even though many members want camgirls to, my actual thoughts before hearing about this situation were that I was worried someone would be too stupid to understand fantasy from reality and would hold me to those words. I kept thinking of some kind of scene where the member turned up and raped me and then brought those words back to haunt me. Like Allison said, if a camgirl truly wanted you then she wouldn't allow you to continue paying.

And Punk, camgirls don't make out being a camgirl is a great honour. They believe that doing the job you wish to do and not letting other people bring you down about it is a good thing. It's no more an honour than any other job, but it's a job that we've chosen, and this is a forum where we can discuss our job. This is one of the few places we can discuss it. Even though my real life friends know what I do for work and have no issues with it, they don't have any experience of it or understand it so it's hard to talk to them about it.

Isabella_deL said:
In a private as a member I'd assume most of it is part of the act... Maybe it's different in your situation, but I've met members before who've moaned to me about how x model said "I want you to meet/fuck me/do this to me" during a show and then they've been very upset when upon meeting said model at an convention she hasn't let him do any of those things...

It's why I'm very wary of saying anything along the lines of "I want you to fuck me/do xyz" even though many members want camgirls to, my actual thoughts before hearing about this situation were that I was worried someone would be too stupid to understand fantasy from reality and would hold me to those words. I kept thinking of some kind of scene where the member turned up and raped me and then brought those words back to haunt me. Like Allison said, if a camgirl truly wanted you then she wouldn't allow you to continue paying.

Not in the context of a "show". Sitting there calmly, having a conversation. If that's typical, it would be good to know.

Joeternal said:
AllisonWilder said:

I've never pursued it.

Because I can't tell the difference between a woman who's telling me what she thinks I want to hear (or one who's trying to lead me on for tokens), and one who's being serious. So I need this learning opportunity.

I wasn't actually trying to be an asshole, but I'll rephrase since your response leads me to believe that you took it that way.

If I met a dude on a camsite that I wanted to date, whether or not it ever actually could or would happen, I would be pursuing our conversations outside of said camsite because I wouldn't want to mix signals. I wouldn't want him paying for privates or tipping or whatever, it would blur the lines and make conversations like this happen.

I don't know if it's typical, but even in conversation, part of the fantasy for many is the idea of being wanted by a beautiful woman. I mean get real, this is clearly something you like too. Stop complaining about what gets you off. You reacted strongly to my suggestion earlier that these models may not truly want you, you seemed very proud about the concept that models might have wanted you and seemed to want to hold onto that idea, even though you'd expressed you didn't want to date a model. Everyone comes to camsites for one reason or other. You seem to like the idea of getting a model to fancy and want you. If she had a boyfriend this would ruin the whole concept of it. It's the "girlfriend experience". Models do pick up on this, it's part of our job. They may genuinely want you, but most likely they don't and yes, it is an act, and yes they probably think you know. What do you think they're going to say when you question their flirtation? "Oh no, sorry dude, I was just playing around! Of course I don't want to fuck you!" mid private. And yes, if you take models in long privates and just want to chat, then yes they'll want to keep you around and will give you what they think you want. If a model genuinely wanted to sleep with you then she would make it happen. And a fuck buddy? If like you say, these are models you live nowhere near, in what reality would they want you as a fuck buddy? Assuming they're good looking women they could find that anywhere and have no work/real life complications. Not saying you're not perfectly attractive, but fair enough falling for someone online, but simply wanting to fuck? You are words on a screen to us.

If this is important to you then you should leave camsites and visit dating sites instead. You won't find what you're looking for. Camgirls aren't expecting or catering for members who believe they have a real shot. They are catering for guys who understand fantasy from reality.
If you don't mind and will get over that it's not "real" but is fantasy, then enjoy camsites the same way you have, just don't get as invested in it.

Reactions: WickedTouch
That post was a mistake. The only way to "prove" anything would be to go into details that would be identifying to the person in question if they happened to read it. Not going to do that, so assume I'm an idiot, making it up and/or lying about it and go about your business. :handgestures-salute:

All I will say is, trust me - I understand the drill.

Joeternal said:
AllisonWilder said:

I've never pursued it.

Here's a good rule of thumb: Anything she says in a private is likely an exaggeration. Guys like to hear certain things in private, so models will say those things in hopes that the member will be happy with his experience and potentially come back.

Now, some people may claim this is "manipulative" or "stringing him along". Well, that's advertising for you. That's entertainment for you. Do rappers really have huge backstage orgies after their concerts? No, they have wives and kids, but it sounds cool and boosts their sales. Does Ford really make the world's best trucks? Well, that depends on who you talk to, but their claims of being the best, and being endorsed by popular Country artists as their favorite, sure do help with their sales. MFC really stresses the fact that a handful of members and models have become friends, or even more, and many models have found that being friendly and flirty is great for business.

Also, it's easy to misinterpret what someone means. A lady saying "Yeah, fuck that tight little pussy" or the like while masturbating is dirty talking, but some people do interpret this as "I want to fuck you". When in doubt about a statement, assume that it's fantasy. If she really means it, chances are she'll bring it up later.

Joeternal said:
That post was a mistake. The only way to "prove" anything would be to go into details that would be identifying to the person in question if they happened to read it. Not going to do that, so assume I'm an idiot, making it up and/or lying about it and go about your business. :handgestures-salute:

Yes, that was a bad thing to say.

I don't doubt that you have a very real connection with someone, and it's a shame that you're just jerking yourself off with it. (Didn't you say that you're special because you aren't degrading, unlike all those other guys? Because using someone's genuine interest or casual desire as masturbatory validation is pretty fucking degrading.)

You seem very insistent that we know how worldly and wise and knowledgeable and special and generous you are (to see beyond a cam girl's many faults, I mean), and attractive, and discerning, and unbearably solipsistic, and so different from all the others. But when you're finished deciding whether you'd ever deign to date a cam girl, you should consider the possibility that you don't deserve to.

KittyWilde said:
JerryBoBerry said:
KittyWilde said:
PunkInDrublic said:

From another thread...
PunkInDrublic said:

I wanted to thank your post a gazillion times. I wurv you, Jerry.
I want to thank you both. If it wasn't for the childish posters like you, the good posters wouldn't stick out as much.

Reactions: JubalCobb
Alexandra Cole said:
Joeternal said:

Yes, that was a bad thing to say.

I don't doubt that you have a very real connection with someone, and it's a shame that you're just jerking yourself off with it. (Didn't you say that you're special because you aren't degrading, unlike all those other guys? Because using someone's genuine interest or casual desire as masturbatory validation is pretty fucking degrading.)

You seem very insistent that we know how worldly and wise and knowledgeable and special and generous you are (to see beyond a cam girl's many faults, I mean), and attractive, and discerning, and unbearably solipsistic, and so different from all the others. But when you're finished deciding whether you'd ever deign to date a cam girl, you should consider the possibility that you don't deserve to.

All I did was post a suggestion for better search features on MFC. Then I was bombarded with a bunch of accusatory questions, too many of which which I attempted to answer. But hey, it's been enlightening.

Joeternal said:
All I did was post a suggestion for better search features on MFC. Then I was bombarded with a bunch of accusatory questions, too many of which which I attempted to answer. But hey, it's been enlightening.

Own it. Humility is more attractive than false naivete.

Good luck with your lady. And treat her with more respect.

Joeternal said:
There's no enlightenment without a little humility. All anyone here knows about you is from this one thread, and some condescending comments in an earlier one. You didn't even show the community the courtesy of posting a howdy-do in the introduction thread, a feature of pretty much every community forum anywhere. Have you been living under a rock?

There's no problem with suggesting some change to how MFC works, no matter how little will be accomplished by doing so. But for some perv no one knows, and who is not familiar with ACF forum dynamics to proclaim that a large proportion of the community are of no interest to him, like anyone should give a shit, it comes off as really bad manners.

First paragraph from the OP:
I wonder if anybody else sees this as a problem. I have specific tastes when it comes to cam models, and the lack of a good search or sorting function on MFC makes it hard to sift through the 1000+ models online at any given time.
So far, so good. It's all about science!

Second paragraph is where you make it about you. This thread stopped being purely about improving the search function three sentences in. There was no need to mention your personal preferences, which are irrelevant to the topic and of no importance to anyone but you, whom no one here has ever heard of, but you bring them up anyway.
In my case, I'm personally only interested in models who are straight, single and have no tattoos (one or two very small, feminine ones at the most).
If you had the slightest clue about the ACF community, you would not go telling cam models, who have seen every kind of perv under the sun and heard every line in every variation possible that you, some guy no one knows, who acts like God's gift to cam whores, don't think some of them are worth your precious time.

That's right. You were *that* guy.

Sevrin said:
If you had the slightest clue about the ACF community, you would not go telling cam models, who have seen every kind of perv under the sun and heard every line in every variation possible that you, some guy no one knows, who acts like God's gift to cam whores, don't think some of them are worth your precious time.

By posting in "General Camming Discussion" instead of "Ask a Model", I thought the target would be mostly other members. I stand corrected.

Joeternal said:
Sevrin said:

By posting in "General Camming Discussion" instead of "Ask a Model", I thought the target would be mostly other members. I stand corrected.

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't view the forum that way. I just go to "view new posts" and click on thread titles that catch my eye, sometimes I don't even notice what sub-section they're in.

:twocents-02cents:

Joeternal said:
mutantdonut said:
Joeternal said:
If it was early in the relationship, I wouldn't be urging her to do anything one way or another. It would be totally up to her. But if things got serious enough between us and she didn't want to quit, at some point she would have to choose between camming and me.

The way i read this was, "Girl, i'm giving you the choice early on to continue camming if you want, but if we're in this thing deep then the choice is gonna be made by me."

No compromising whatsoever? I'm sorry but it just sounded uber selfish and filled with contradictions

Since I gave a short answer, I'll expand on it.

I'm not interested in being in a long term relationship with a cam girl. I've talked to many of them over the course of the past several years, and they all have different attitudes about camming. Some are like, "Yeah, I'm doing this right now, but I don't want to do it forever. I want to get married and have kids", etc. Some are like, "Camming is my life! It's the greatest thing ever! I'll never give it up!".

In a few of the cases I mentioned, that was the deciding factor in me not pursuing it. I knew it wouldn't work. I wasn't going to open that can of worms. A couple of models in particular were very blunt about the fact that they were just looking for a "fuck buddy". If that's all I wanted, I wouldn't be trying to start it up with somebody who lives hundreds or thousands of miles away. A relationship that has no future isn't worth that kind of time and expense, no matter how hot she is.

Like I said, it would take a very specific situation, and a very special person, for me to consider trying to take things offline.

As we veer further away from the OP

This possibly speaks to a larger issue here about your nature within the relationship realm, particularly when confronting what you see as adverse. If you are to become involved with a woman who partakes in something that you find bothersome, then will you give her the same "you better stop or we're done" ultimatum? From the individual demanding demanding his significant other to stop when it shouldn't be an issue to begin with, is highly unreasonable. For example, i've seen guys who don't want their girlfriends going to clubs without them, because the idea of random dudes hitting on their girlfriends drives them nuts.

Btw, if i didn't mention it before... a more detailed search functionality on MFC doesn't sound like a bad idea

Wow! I just read through this thread and I have no fucking idea what just happened. I feel like I just watched Lost Highway. To answer the OP yes i've wished for a long time there was a better search feature on MFC. Just being able to search multiple tags at once would be very helpful. I think if they tweaked the current set up a bit it would be a lot more useful.

Does anyone know if there is a way to search tags for models offline? If no one was online matching the tag you searched it would be nice to be about to browse profiles to find when someone would be on that fits that tag description.

victor0021 said:
Does anyone know if there is a way to search tags for models offline? If no one was online matching the tag you searched it would be nice to be about to browse profiles to find when someone would be on that fits that tag description.
You can use the Google search function on the profiles page. The only problem with that is that you will get hits on profiles of models who are rarely or no longer active, and that's probably the majority of them.

Reactions: victor0021
Status
Not open for further replies.