AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Need a space to randomly rant?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey it didn't rain yesterday, got my deck fixed.

No painting was achieved. Oh...right....nice stuff happening within a rant can be confusing.

That threat lingers, the ominous rains of April

• Funny!
Reactions: LadyLuna
Scaremongering, considering the UK alone is a huge trade partner for the US. It's actually the biggest individual in the EU.

Baaaghhh! When you text a model and accidentally ;) when you meant to :)
Big thumbs little phone... Grrr!

All I want to do is go rafting. I don't think that's too much to ask. I need to start boating down in the Enchanted Land where the snow don't stick.

13083213_871378689672203_74856665664073879_n.jpg

Reactions: Gen
Had to use a public restroom the other day. No choice. It was the oatmeal.

Toilet is so tall my feet are damn near dangling. Toilet paper dispenser is somewhere down around my ankles. Bad combination.

Don't know who is responsible for the design, but they ought to be prosecuted.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Posting a snarky remark to a woman who's Facebook/childhood friends with your EX is immature. It's like dude, I know this woman is the mother of your child, but FUCK that...she 'gon learn today! Is she stalking his FB page to see how many FEMALE friends 'like' or comment on his status??? It's a status about a smartphone app, for crying out loud. Lol.

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
Reactions: Nordling
If you don't know how to park your goddamned car, you need to have your license taken away.

She pulls in next to me, at an angle, as I am walking to my car. She's so close the rear of her car prevents me from pulling out (not that it matters, I would have had to crawl in the passenger door anyway). She f*cking apologizes when she sees me walking up, then continues in the store without moving her car. So I get to stand there and wait until she comes out with her soft drink and candy bar with a sheepish grin on her face.

She had a college parking sticker on her windshield. I hope she fails, then gets diabetes.

Being in the "wrong" time zone as some of my favourite MFC models - I either have to stay up really late or get up stupidly early.

I hate how the definition of words can skew so much it can come to mean anything.

Take literally for instance. It used to mean "actually true". Then it became a euphemism for "it's not actually true, but it's so close it might as well be". Then it morphed from that to mean "I mean this figuratively". So now you hear someone say "And I literally shat my pants", and you don't know if they actually had to go wash/throw away the pants or if they're just exaggerating for effect.

Or moot. It used to mean something that was set down, you couldn't really disagree with it. Then it became something that is worth debating. Now it's something that doesn't matter.

Peruse. The actual definition of peruse is to inspect carefully or read thoroughly. In literature, it got used a lot of "I used this time to peruse the ___" during a time of waiting. Now, me, when I'm waiting, and trying to kill time, I tend to read things thoroughly, because there's nothing better to do. But I've watched people, and about 75% of the population, if they're looking at the magazines in a waiting room, they're just skimming it. So lots of people started to use context clues and figured that it meant the way they skim magazines when waiting, and now a lot of people use it to mean skimming.

Three words, that when people use them, you now have to figure out if which definition they're using, because the two definitions directly contradict each other. The words are becoming useless. Worse- they are contributing to misunderstanding. I say "Sorry, I literally have to 'go' right now," and people get mad at me for bee-lining to the bathroom without another word because they think the literally is not literal. I tell my friend I want to peruse an article online, and he gets upset when it takes me half an hour, because he was expecting the 5-min skim and I meant "I want to read this properly". And there's absolutely no one who will understand if you say "It's a moot point" and you mean the original definition of "this is important and not negotiable".

The shitty thing is, it's because of satire that the words blur like that. Someone says it as a dry joke, and people don't get that it's a joke because they don't know the meaning of the word. Eventually, it's only used in satire, and nobody's ever heard it used outside that context, so their context clues get all mixed up because that's what satire does. That's why satire is funny. Satire is comedy because it misuses words. It's my favorite kind of comedy, and when I hear words I don't know in satire, I context-clue to be the opposite of how they're using it, because that's what satire does. But most people don't think like that. And it sucks.

In the 2000's, the definition of literally in the dictionary was amended to include "in a figurative or exaggerated manner", because using it that way has become so ubiquitous that most people don't understand if you're trying to use it to mean "this is an actual thing". I say "I'm literally terrified of bathrooms," and nobody understands that I'm actually telling them about a real phobia. They think I'm making a joke.

To be fair, a phobia of bathrooms does sound like something a comedian would come up with. I'm sure people wouldn't take it seriously regardless of how I said it. And actually doesn't work there. "I'm actually terrified of bathrooms" still sounds like a joke. There is literally no method of telling people about my phobia that will not sound like a joke, because literally can mean figuratively and actually is usually used to say "you said this, but the correct thing is that", and if it's not in that context people don't know what to do with it.

The real reason behind this rant is I had a bad shower two days ago, and I skipped yesterday, and I was so nervous about showering today that I acted like the awkward geek in front of my partner.

I hate bathrooms. I hate showering. I hate brushing my teeth. I especially hate using the toilet. But I can't stand being dirty, and I can't stand it when my mouth tastes horrible for not brushing my teeth, and it's literally impossible to not use the toilet without dying.

Fuck this fucking phobia.

I hate how the definition of words can skew so much it can come to mean anything.

Take literally for instance. It used to mean "actually true". Then it became a euphemism for "it's not actually true, but it's so close it might as well be". Then it morphed from that to mean "I mean this figuratively". So now you hear someone say "And I literally shat my pants", and you don't know if they actually had to go wash/throw away the pants or if they're just exaggerating for effect.

Or moot. It used to mean something that was set down, you couldn't really disagree with it. Then it became something that is worth debating. Now it's something that doesn't matter.

Peruse. The actual definition of peruse is to inspect carefully or read thoroughly. In literature, it got used a lot of "I used this time to peruse the ___" during a time of waiting. Now, me, when I'm waiting, and trying to kill time, I tend to read things thoroughly, because there's nothing better to do. But I've watched people, and about 75% of the population, if they're looking at the magazines in a waiting room, they're just skimming it. So lots of people started to use context clues and figured that it meant the way they skim magazines when waiting, and now a lot of people use it to mean skimming.

Three words, that when people use them, you now have to figure out if which definition they're using, because the two definitions directly contradict each other. The words are becoming useless. Worse- they are contributing to misunderstanding. I say "Sorry, I literally have to 'go' right now," and people get mad at me for bee-lining to the bathroom without another word because they think the literally is not literal. I tell my friend I want to peruse an article online, and he gets upset when it takes me half an hour, because he was expecting the 5-min skim and I meant "I want to read this properly". And there's absolutely no one who will understand if you say "It's a moot point" and you mean the original definition of "this is important and not negotiable".

The shitty thing is, it's because of satire that the words blur like that. Someone says it as a dry joke, and people don't get that it's a joke because they don't know the meaning of the word. Eventually, it's only used in satire, and nobody's ever heard it used outside that context, so their context clues get all mixed up because that's what satire does. That's why satire is funny. Satire is comedy because it misuses words. It's my favorite kind of comedy, and when I hear words I don't know in satire, I context-clue to be the opposite of how they're using it, because that's what satire does. But most people don't think like that. And it sucks.

In the 2000's, the definition of literally in the dictionary was amended to include "in a figurative or exaggerated manner", because using it that way has become so ubiquitous that most people don't understand if you're trying to use it to mean "this is an actual thing". I say "I'm literally terrified of bathrooms," and nobody understands that I'm actually telling them about a real phobia. They think I'm making a joke.

To be fair, a phobia of bathrooms does sound like something a comedian would come up with. I'm sure people wouldn't take it seriously regardless of how I said it. And actually doesn't work there. "I'm actually terrified of bathrooms" still sounds like a joke. There is literally no method of telling people about my phobia that will not sound like a joke, because literally can mean figuratively and actually is usually used to say "you said this, but the correct thing is that", and if it's not in that context people don't know what to do with it.

The real reason behind this rant is I had a bad shower two days ago, and I skipped yesterday, and I was so nervous about showering today that I acted like the awkward geek in front of my partner.

I hate bathrooms. I hate showering. I hate brushing my teeth. I especially hate using the toilet. But I can't stand being dirty, and I can't stand it when my mouth tastes horrible for not brushing my teeth, and it's literally impossible to not use the toilet without dying.

Fuck this fucking phobia.

Have you tried brushing your teeth in a room outside of the bathroom?

Have you tried brushing your teeth in a room outside of the bathroom?

The only other sink is the kitchen sink, and I refuse to do something that disgusting over dishes, even if they are dirty. But the room isn't the underlying issue. It's all the ways those things can go wrong.

I'm terrified that I will do something to make other things dirty with the stuff that comes out of my body. Add in a phobia of germs and a knowledge of just how germy bathrooms are, and having to take off my glasses for showers making me very blind during it, increasing the likelihood that something can go wrong, and every trip to the bathroom is nerve-racking.

But the use of bathrooms is so necessary, that I buried the fear until my senior year of college. I didn't feel the fear, I just did my best to avoid the thing that caused it. I never did understand why I figured out how to take a five minute shower, why I avoided drinking anything except to wash food down at meals, why I ate so little, why I didn't take a shit more than once a week and couldn't really remember the act itself (I was waiting so long it hurt to hold it in, which of course made the situation worse). Once I realized the issue, it's gotten better in some ways, worse in others. When i'm stressed, the issues are worse. When I'm not stressed, I forget the fear and don't really have issues.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: MadJohnson
The only other sink is the kitchen sink, and I refuse to do something that disgusting over dishes, even if they are dirty. But the room isn't the underlying issue. It's all the ways those things can go wrong.

I'm terrified that I will do something to make other things dirty with the stuff that comes out of my body. Add in a phobia of germs and a knowledge of just how germy bathrooms are, and having to take off my glasses for showers making me very blind during it, increasing the likelihood that something can go wrong, and every trip to the bathroom is nerve-racking.

But the use of bathrooms is so necessary, that I buried the fear until my senior year of college. I didn't feel the fear, I just did my best to avoid the thing that caused it. I never did understand why I figured out how to take a five minute shower, why I avoided drinking anything except to wash food down at meals, why I ate so little, why I didn't take a shit more than once a week and couldn't really remember the act itself (I was waiting so long it hurt to hold it in, which of course made the situation worse). Once I realized the issue, it's gotten better in some ways, worse in others. When i'm stressed, the issues are worse. When I'm not stressed, I forget the fear and don't really have issues.

Damn, I feel for you. I've got claustrophobia in a major way, so I can relate to phobias, even if it isn't relevant to me.

I mitigate my claustrophobia by staying away from tight places or situations. It's a lot harder for you.

I want to say explore the outdoors. Maybe using a groover (Google it, but Google "Groover Toilet", because apparently there's different meanings) spitting your toothpaste outside and all that other shit might have an impact.

Hell, maybe the outdoorsiness will help with the stress, too, making it less of an issue.

I try very, very hard. I'm involved with tons of regional economic incubation projects. I've convinced tons of solution-providers to comp services to entrepreneurs. I fight religiously against legislation that makes it hard for people to get into business (abolish the IRS). I facilitate opportunities. And when I mean opportunities, it's like fuck, you basically have it on a silver platter.

The bulk majority of the people don't want opportunities. They want something handed to them on a silver platter. That's not real world. That doesn't happen. That's not "fair". Which is ironic, because they bitch about things not being "fair".

I get it. Not everyone has opportunities. But when people don't jump on opportunities when it's given, you have to question everything.

The particular I'm talking about right now is an online gambling opportunity, but I've seen this repetitively. Way too often. Way too often. Like, what do you expect? Someone puts an ad in the paper for a CEO / business owner position, and you get to be the owner because you went to college?

No. Entrepreneurs launch ventures. Sometimes shit sticks, sometimes it doesn't. In this particular venture, there's zero liability, as I'm able to subsidize everything, but still, like what the fuck, do you need a guaranteed salary to jump on board?

I want to say explore the outdoors. Maybe using a groover (Google it, but Google "Groover Toilet", because apparently there's different meanings) spitting your toothpaste outside and all that other shit might have an impact.

You latched on to the way I label the phobia, and seem to have ignored my description of the phobia.

The actual phobia is of the microbial mess that my body makes from being alive. I am afraid of my shit. I am afraid of my piss. I am afraid of my puke. I am afraid of my snot. I am afraid of my menstrual blood. But I'm not afraid of the things in and of themselves. I'm afraid of the germs that result from these things ending up in places they don't belong.

Warning: May be TMI for some, but it's in line with the point of this thread- a random rant.

I am terrified every time I take a shit that I'm going to block the toilet and make it overflow and then I'll have to clean the bathroom but how do I avoid getting it all over me when I do that so then I have to take a shower. I'm terrified when I get diarrhea that I won't clean it up properly and I'll get it on my clothes and now the clothes need to be washed but not just the clothes, but everything touched by the clothes and everything touched by my dirty ass. Similar issues with puke.

Taking a shower. I'm scared that the temperature will do weird things and I won't be able to fix it because my glasses are off and I can't see what I'm doing so I have to do it all by feel and you have no idea how many times I've been burned or frozen because the temperature of the water changed to be just off from where I like it so I tried to fix it but fixed it too far. I'm terrified that something will drop and I won't be able to find it and I'll spend way too long looking for it (wasting water) and will get water in my eyes trying to find it. I'm scared that I'll miss cleaning or rinsing a spot, making my towel dirty/soapy, but I won't know so I'll just keep using it, because I can't see. I'm scared that when I'm drying off, the towel will touch the toilet, because my choices are to dry off next to the toilet or dry off in the tub, but if I dry off in the tub I invariably drag the towel on the ground soaking it and making it useless. So I risk the towel touching the toilet, which will get toilet germs all over me because I won't be able to see that the towel touched the toilet and I'll just keep using it.

And having my period when I'm bleeding is a million times worse because I also have to worry about getting blood somewhere without realizing it.

Brushing my teeth. I'm scared that I'll miss a spot. I'm scared that the toothpaste will drip out of my mouth onto the counter or the floor. I'm scared the the toothpaste will get all over my shirt and make me have to change and scrub that spot because that shit never comes out in the wash.

Going piss, I'm afraid of getting the piss everywhere, because there have been times when I was still pissing but it wasn't audible and I couldn't feel it, and I went to wipe and got it all over my hand.

I am blind without my glasses, my nose is mostly dead, and I'm pretty fucking oblivious regardless of whether I'm wearing my glasses or not. I'm terrified of making a biological mess that will get someone else sick or make me stinky and unpleasant to be around, and especially terrified that it will happen without me realizing. The room is not what matters. What matters is what I'm doing there. What matters is that the bathroom is where we deal with the biological messes that I'm terrified of spreading.

You mean to tell me I wasted all this damn time today contacting GameStop and UPS (and asking neighbors) about a damn package that's been here since Friday?! And when I was walking around here ranting about a MISSING PACKAGE, no one thought to chime in with "Oh, yeah, it arrived, and I put it in the other room." SMH. I just had to contact GameStop and UPS again to let them know it's been found, and that they don't have to worry about opening an investigation.

• Hugs
You know what really grinds my gears? GPS navigation units.

I have had them take me up dead end streets. I had one direct me down a dirt road that turned into impassable 2 feet ruts, leaving me stranded at night in a thunderstorm. And today, the final straw; my Magellan took me on a completely unnecessary, time-wasting tour of a subdivision (which it did not do the first time it led me to the address I was going to).

I would like to see the assets of the companies who market these devices seized, so that damages can be paid out to anyone who has ever had to lay eyes on one. I would also like the people responsible for the woefully unreliable maps to spend at least a week in stocks.

You latched on to the way I label the phobia, and seem to have ignored my description of the phobia.

The actual phobia is of the microbial mess that my body makes from being alive. I am afraid of my shit. I am afraid of my piss. I am afraid of my puke. I am afraid of my snot. I am afraid of my menstrual blood. But I'm not afraid of the things in and of themselves. I'm afraid of the germs that result from these things ending up in places they don't belong.

Warning: May be TMI for some, but it's in line with the point of this thread- a random rant.

I am terrified every time I take a shit that I'm going to block the toilet and make it overflow and then I'll have to clean the bathroom but how do I avoid getting it all over me when I do that so then I have to take a shower. I'm terrified when I get diarrhea that I won't clean it up properly and I'll get it on my clothes and now the clothes need to be washed but not just the clothes, but everything touched by the clothes and everything touched by my dirty ass. Similar issues with puke.

Taking a shower. I'm scared that the temperature will do weird things and I won't be able to fix it because my glasses are off and I can't see what I'm doing so I have to do it all by feel and you have no idea how many times I've been burned or frozen because the temperature of the water changed to be just off from where I like it so I tried to fix it but fixed it too far. I'm terrified that something will drop and I won't be able to find it and I'll spend way too long looking for it (wasting water) and will get water in my eyes trying to find it. I'm scared that I'll miss cleaning or rinsing a spot, making my towel dirty/soapy, but I won't know so I'll just keep using it, because I can't see. I'm scared that when I'm drying off, the towel will touch the toilet, because my choices are to dry off next to the toilet or dry off in the tub, but if I dry off in the tub I invariably drag the towel on the ground soaking it and making it useless. So I risk the towel touching the toilet, which will get toilet germs all over me because I won't be able to see that the towel touched the toilet and I'll just keep using it.

And having my period when I'm bleeding is a million times worse because I also have to worry about getting blood somewhere without realizing it.

Brushing my teeth. I'm scared that I'll miss a spot. I'm scared that the toothpaste will drip out of my mouth onto the counter or the floor. I'm scared the the toothpaste will get all over my shirt and make me have to change and scrub that spot because that shit never comes out in the wash.

Going piss, I'm afraid of getting the piss everywhere, because there have been times when I was still pissing but it wasn't audible and I couldn't feel it, and I went to wipe and got it all over my hand.

I am blind without my glasses, my nose is mostly dead, and I'm pretty fucking oblivious regardless of whether I'm wearing my glasses or not. I'm terrified of making a biological mess that will get someone else sick or make me stinky and unpleasant to be around, and especially terrified that it will happen without me realizing. The room is not what matters. What matters is what I'm doing there. What matters is that the bathroom is where we deal with the biological messes that I'm terrified of spreading.

I feel for you and wish I could provide some type of direction. I can't.

I really want to have some answer for you, but I don't. I want to say something expressing my sympathy for you, but what do you say? That sucks girl. I'm sorry you have to go through life like that, I can't imagine.

.....don't sweat it? I know that's downplaying everything. I don't have the right words.

Status
Not open for further replies.