AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Need a space to randomly rant?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okidoki I'll start,

I absolutely hate online homework systems because they dock you points for stupid things like say formatting. Just wrote out a net ionic equation and it docked me 5 points because I put the type (ex: aq,l, g, s) in a subscript. Whatever happened to the good old pencil and paper homework. Gah !

Okidoki I'll start,

I absolutely hate online homework systems because they dock you points for stupid things like say formatting. Just wrote out a net ionic equation and it docked me 5 points because I put the type (ex: aq,l, g, s) in a subscript. Whatever happened to the good old pencil and paper homework. Gah !

That's one of the things I hate too. And it's part of bigger problems with colleges. Lazy professors and higher costs. Textbook makers are greedy bastards beyond belief. So they created these online homework systems. Then they go to the professors with the offer of free study materials, free test banks, free powerpoint presentations...all with the caveat they have to require the latest edition of their textbook. Which has taught nothing new for the last 13 editions. All they do is go through the large database of homework problems they have, pick out 20% of them to include, and then change them around randomly in each new edition.

But then you're required to pay $300 for the new book and pay an additional $50 to $200 for the online homework access as well. As a result many of the professors didn't have a clue what they where doing in the powerpoints because they didn't even make them. They just read stuff off even when it was wrong.

And as further proof of their gouging, try ordering in the International editions for the textbook. Those are usually marked right on the front with "Not for sale in America, Canada, UK, or Australia." But it's exactly the same book. They just put it in paperback, make the pages a much smaller ream weight. And they may also go through and alternate the even questions only. They leave the odds alone that way the solution manuals still work to sell to students and they don't have to change those. Oh, and they also give it a different ISBN to make it harder for students to find online.

By example, when I needed to take a math class, the book 'Differential Equations with Boundary-Value Problems by Dennis G. Zill' was $230 the cheapest I could find here. I ordered the international version online from Thailand. It was $35 and that included 5 day priority shipping. There was zero difference in the text of the book. That's the real value of that textbook and highlights how much they overcharge students here.

Personally I would have averaged around $1200 a semester for textbooks if I hadn't bought a Galaxy Note tablet and downloaded all the pdfs that I could find from then on. Only had to actually buy 2 or 3 books my entire degree after the 1st semester.

The sad thing is regular public schools get gouged even more. My sister-in-law is a principal now at her second school. One subject, to buy enough books for 60 students, cost them $45,000. And no you can't just order 12 books if you need, you have to buy packages of a large number of books. Need more than 60 and you buy another whole package.

They had 6 subjects to buy for each grade level from 4th grade on. You can do the math: 9 grade years X 6 subjects each year X $45,000. And keep in mind that's only for 60 students. Bigger schools have to order more. Yes, the books can be reused several years. But it's still hundreds of thousands a year on average. Her school board crunched the numbers and realized it was cheaper to give every student in the school new macbook air's. There's free pdf version textbooks out there in public domain they use for free now. Other teachers sick of the system have created whole textbooks and given them to use for free on teacher resource sites. So they have done away with paper textbooks all together.

I don't rant; how crude

I mean what's the point; seriously. When we get angry do we really achieve anything? Feel better? Feelings are just chemicals and neurons - which the power of speech doesn't change. Or typing for that matter. So why rant? It doesn't really serve any purpose.

Worst still - doing it in public? Well that gives people an insight into your insecurities - they have to read through your grievances - and usually its a fundamental personality flaw deep-rooted in the psyche that empowers people to do so. Often people start ranting about something that you've done wrong but are incapable of addressing your shortcoming. I mean, often it's people just whining on about stuff; you read their little tantrum and think "holy shit balls, are you a retard? Can you not SEE you're a retard? It's not the thing you're ranting about's fault, it's your fault". Don't project blame elsewhere, absorb your inadequacies and spare us all your melodrama.

Then you get those who start ranting about non sentient objects. Fucking hell, yes it IS the computers fault and not that you're just an inbred, knuckle dragging, slack jawed, spittle flecking, dribbling buffoon. Seriously, blame everyone except yourself because your refusal to reflect upon the issue and admit your addled brain decision making caused it, is more painful than exhibiting such catastrophic retardation. Accept it and spare us - you're a fucking moron.

And now we have a thread to rant about things? Holy fucking fuck balls! Now we can read the written arse gravy of every lobotomised, mentally constipated yet verbally diarrheic, ignoramus on the forum. Fan-fucking-tastic. Just what we want - fucking ranters. Spew out your bile and pathetic hatred, woe actually dealing with life in a mature manner - share your whining and fragile egos in the hopes of some form of catharsis reading through others "experiences" which make you feel better; it's just an embrionic form of freudenschade. The rabid spittle of the private contemplation-ally challenged flecking onto the virtual eyeballs of the co-conspirators in forum posting drivel.

I fucking hate this public form of self flagellation; "a misery shared is a misery.." multiplied, you buck-toothed butter-faced macerated turnip .... oh,...

aww shit :muted:

Okidoki I'll start,

I just hate that shit is usually 100 dollars that their is usually no way to avoid paying. Or to get a discount on it.

You can't even sell it back to the bookstore for pennies on the dollar

I don't rant; how crude

I mean what's the point; seriously. When we get angry do we really achieve anything? Feel better? Feelings are just chemicals and neurons - which the power of speech doesn't change. Or typing for that matter. So why rant? It doesn't really serve any purpose.

Worst still - doing it in public? Well that gives people an insight into your insecurities - they have to read through your grievances - and usually its a fundamental personality flaw deep-rooted in the psyche that empowers people to do so. Often people start ranting about something that you've done wrong but are incapable of addressing your shortcoming. I mean, often it's people just whining on about stuff; you read their little tantrum and think "holy shit balls, are you a retard? Can you not SEE you're a retard? It's not the thing you're ranting about's fault, it's your fault". Don't project blame elsewhere, absorb your inadequacies and spare us all your melodrama.

Then you get those who start ranting about non sentient objects. Fucking hell, yes it IS the computers fault and not that you're just an inbred, knuckle dragging, slack jawed, spittle flecking, dribbling buffoon. Seriously, blame everyone except yourself because your refusal to reflect upon the issue and admit your addled brain decision making caused it, is more painful than exhibiting such catastrophic retardation. Accept it and spare us - you're a fucking moron.

And now we have a thread to rant about things? Holy fucking fuck balls! Now we can read the written arse gravy of every lobotomised, mentally constipated yet verbally diarrheic, ignoramus on the forum. Fan-fucking-tastic. Just what we want - fucking ranters. Spew out your bile and pathetic hatred, woe actually dealing with life in a mature manner - share your whining and fragile egos in the hopes of some form of catharsis reading through others "experiences" which make you feel better; it's just an embrionic form of freudenschade. The rabid spittle of the private contemplation-ally challenged flecking onto the virtual eyeballs of the co-conspirators in forum posting drivel.

I fucking hate this public form of self flagellation; "a misery shared is a misery.." multiplied, you buck-toothed butter-faced macerated turnip .... oh,...

aww shit :muted:

Honestly I think of it in a completely different aspect. Perhaps you could look at it in a negative light but there's positives you have to consider as well.

For example many people find venting and writing out things that bother them a very legitament coping mechanism. It may not be your personal coping mechanism but it is valid none the less.

It's natural to be upset about things and its natural to want to talk about them. If we kept everything in all the time could you imagine how agitated everyone around us would be? I don't know about you but I don't want to be the person that bottles everything up and then snaps on a waitress, professor, friend, family, etc.

Now I completely agree with the fact that you can change past negative experiences into positive experiences by learning from them. But there are things in life that simply are out of your control that might bother you. And so what? you clearly had a problem with a ranting thread but guess what?! You just ranted in a ranting thread about the thread itself. So congratulations and thank you for participating :shame:

Honestly I think of it in a completely different aspect. Perhaps you could look at it in a negative light but there's positives you have to consider as well.

For example many people find venting and writing out things that bother them a very legitament coping mechanism. It may not be your personal coping mechanism but it is valid none the less.

It's natural to be upset about things and its natural to want to talk about them. If we kept everything in all the time could you imagine how agitated everyone around us would be? I don't know about you but I don't want to be the person that bottles everything up and then snaps on a waitress, professor, friend, family, etc.

Now I completely agree with the fact that you can change past negative experiences into positive experiences by learning from them. But there are things in life that simply are out of your control that might bother you. And so what? you clearly had a problem with a ranting thread but guess what?! You just ranted in a ranting thread about the thread itself. So congratulations and thank you for participating :shame:

I think you might have missed the point, he was clearly being ironic with his giant rant about ranting.

I feel like my boyfriend doesn't understand how taxing camming can be and what it is truly like. In his mind I feel like he thinks that I just doll up and get told I am pretty. Oh and I make money from that and getting off. In his mind it is so easy. When we talk about it I feel like he is rolling his eyes over my complaining.

Arghh really glad i found this thread.

So i'm at a Starbucks because I just moved and my net isn't getting hooked up till tonight and the awesome coffee shop I visited eariler... well, their wifi wasn't showing up on my computer, so... bleh, starbucks it is. Anyway, i open up gimp to start working on poster stuff for the mfc profile- and lo and behold some guy walks up to me. He compliments my hair- no problem, it happens a lot since i'm a ginger, so i politely thank him, and he starts to try to talk to me. I talk to him for a minute, then at a break in the conversation go back to working.

Well, he sits down next to me and starts studying what i'm doing (kinda awkward since i'm photo shopping a dildo Atari controller, but whatevs) and then tries to talk to me some more- which, I can't hear him bc my headphones are in, so he proceeds to wave a flyer in my face and asks if I know where a location on it is, which, I say, no, i just moved. (and throw in the boyfriend word, which he doesn't take the hint about) We chat a little more, and then I stress that I need to get back to work. Well, he lets me be for about 20 minutes, then comes back and waves his phone in my face, I tell him i don't want to look at what he has to show me, he presses on, and finally I have to tell him to please leave me alone. This is just really annoying, because it's just a violation of what i thought was clear boundaries.

And... /end rant

I think I've posted this before in an old 'pet peeves' thread, but what's the deal with (women) Dollar Tree shoppers always dragging their feet on the floor when they're walking around in the store? They sound like they're at home groggily walking around in their house slippers. Pick up your feet...

In their minds they're skating on the ice of 1984 Olympics...

..or maybe they're drunk and need constant floor reference.

My rant is that we don't get each other because we're too involved in our view. I have an engineer friend who is still pissed at his wife for setting the mail on the cable box - it overheated, no TV. To her, she was coming home, set something down on a surface that was... flat, mail collected. To him that was a war crime against electronics. To her, it's a crappy design.

Hi, I'm DFT, and I like that people make mistakes: makes life better for all versions by selection later. Unlike fish we talk about it.

I'm full of rants, just nothing to shout at but the rain today.

I'm going to rant about my situation for a sec. So I had cancelled a membership from my gym and they still charged me, which withdrew my account. They refunded me the membership fee but I had a late fee for my bank from it. I had to wait a week until my check came before I could pay it. So a week later PLENTY of money went into my account and instead of taking what I owed them and leaving me be, they closed my account without any notice. They also kept my money. So I go to use my card and it is saying it doesn't work, I was irate! After all was said and done I got my money back a week later. But decided to never use a bank again.
So I get a net spend card! I'm married but haven't been to the social security office to change things yet. I use my new last name to sign up for it and it won't let me activate the card until I get things switched over.

So basically, I've been waiting ungodly long for paper checks and I'm sick of it. Thinking of opening a new account at a different bank.

I think I've posted this before in an old 'pet peeves' thread, but what's the deal with (women) Dollar Tree shoppers always dragging their feet on the floor when they're walking around in the store? They sound like they're at home groggily walking around in their house slippers. Pick up your feet...

OMG ! I know exactly what you mean. The deal here is that they seldom wear actual shoes. Its usually house slippers or the dollar store flip flops that half of their heel is off to the side so they are dragging the shoe almost sideways.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
OMG ! I know exactly what you mean. The deal here is that they seldom wear actual shoes. Its usually house slippers or the dollar store flip flops that half of their heel is off to the side so they are dragging the shoe almost sideways.
I would assume they would also still be wearing their pajama/yoga pants and their over large sleeping shirt. Cause a pair of jeans and a normal top is too hard.

People, I don't expect you to shave or put on make up. I expect deodorant and minimum clothes standards for public. Please!

Ecotourists.

I just don't get why they fly halfway around the world to see an unspoiled wilderness, only to realise it's no longer that way due to several other ecotourists before them. Going back a couple years, I remember reading a story about a lot of them crashing a boat in the Antarctic, because they were surprised by the ice that they believed to have melted. Their only contribution to conservation was giving polar bears toilet facilities.

These people need to just come out and admit that they're not there to save the planet, they're just going to these places to be nosey like the rest of us wish to be.

When you come home and just wanna get into pajamas and go to bed, but you gotta deal with this big-ass bug in the hallway first (otherwise you won't be able to sleep)...

57618305.jpg

The PC pussification of America rolls on...

Apparently, one of the Chicago Blackhawks is facing disciplinary actions for calling a ref a fucking faggot in the heat of a moment.

As a kid, I recall the slur "faggot" was supposed to be hurtful in a general way, but had no idea what it truly meant.

Regardless, when somebody is pissed off, especially in violent physical team sports, players often spout out some foul language, it's part of the game.

I'm glad people couldn't read my lips or hear some of the shit I said behind my catcher's mask or at the line of scrimmage when I played back in the day.

Reactions: LadyLuna
He apologized.

The guy gets 2M$ a year to play a game. He knows how lucky he is.

Can't help but wonder if he would have faced the same PC pressure if he called him a fucking cock sucker.
Similar thing happened in the NBA in December, except the ref in question was actually gay.

http://fusion.net/story/245019/rajon-rondo-homophobic-slurs/

Yeah. things have become more PC (if that's possible), but it's important to remember that these millionaire athletes all have to adhere to a specific code of conduct. That's one of the trade offs to "work" a few months out of the year, while playing a game and making several mill ;) If you're pissed off at the ref, let your coach cuss them out, that's what they are there for, lol

There is nothing more frustrating than arguing with someone who has become hard of hearing in their old age. I'm fucking right and I just made a super valid point! But now I have to repeat it...
Also, what good are your fancy new hearing aids if you won't wear the fucking thin...
I said, what good are your fancy new fucking hearing aids if you wo...
Fuck it.

Furious right now at large corporations, the government (usa), our f-ed up healthcare system, all forms of bureaucracy, people who bullshit, people who are stupid, and myself for my own numerous failings.

Not trying to be funny or a smart ass. I am furious. Pacing. Chain smoking. I want to break some shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.