AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Need a space to randomly rant?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like it when a person notorious for being a cheapskate is always asking others "How much did you pay for that?" when I know he or she is just gonna say "What?! Wow, you must have a lot of money to be spending X dollars." *sigh* No, it's not about "having a lot of money." That's just how much it costs. Lmao. If you'd live a little and shop sometime at other places besides Dollar General, you'd know that X dollars is the normal amount to spend on a particular item.

Perfect example: Buying a new printer. I could see my mom saying something like "Wow, you paid that much? You coulda just went to the library to use the printer." *facepalm* I don't even bother telling her dollar amounts anymore, because I'm not in the mood to be nagged.

I really want to have some answer for you, but I don't. I want to say something expressing my sympathy for you, but what do you say? That sucks girl. I'm sorry you have to go through life like that, I can't imagine.

Thank you. I don't expect anyone to have an answer for this. I don't think a permanent solution exists. I just need to rant about it sometimes.

It's not always so bad. Sometimes I have days where it doesn't seem to affect me at all, and I can forget that I even have this issue. It's just when something goes wrong, it takes me days to recover from it and be able to use the bathroom without stressing over it. And that "something goes wrong" is usually something to do with poop. And once that starts, every tiny issue blows my anxiety up even more. Until I blow up and need to rant about it somewhere, and then the anxiety can start to get a better, little by little.

I have to manage my eating habits very carefully, and know exactly what effect everything has on bowel movements, just to be sure I don't go too far one way or the other x.x And I love the food that causes blockages, and am not very fond of the ones that can manage blockages, so keeping on top of it becomes a chore that I often just... fail to do. (Yay cheese! yay brown sugar on EVERYTHING! Ooo bananas! mmm rice. Meat meat meat meat meat. :p )

Not trying to make light of @LadyLuna 's plight, but I totally thought that WebcamStartup was making a pun for JJTP. Since he didn't, I will. :rofl:
You know what really grinds my gears? GPS navigation units.
I feel for you and wish I could provide some type of direction. I can't.

Luna, have you ever thought about a bidet attachment for your toilet? That might help with the 'Did I get everything clean' worries. And I'm almost legally blind, so I understand your showering blindly problems. If you can wear contacts (even just for the short time while in the shower), it will make your life one MILLION times easier.

• Funny!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Not trying to make light of @LadyLuna 's plight, but I totally thought that WebcamStartup was making a pun for JJTP. Since he didn't, I will. :rofl:

Luna, have you ever thought about a bidet attachment for your toilet? That might help with the 'Did I get everything clean' worries. And I'm almost legally blind, so I understand your showering blindly problems. If you can wear contacts (even just for the short time while in the shower), it will make your life one MILLION times easier.

Out of curiosity, you use any accessibility tools to help for the computer or internet? As a webmaster, WCAG best practices is something I try to be aware of. Might be adopted into ADA some day, so it's something webmasters should be very aware of as well.

Hell, since we're ranting, it's scary if all the WCAG guidelines become legally mandated, as it's pretty much impossible to be 100% compliant. Hell, even healthcare.gov, dea.gov, every state's government website and ironically ada.gov aren't 100% complaint with WCAG 2.0 guidelines. I understand the importance to try to code for these tools to work, but the burden it place on webmasters would be ridiculous!

It'd be awesome if Google implemented WCAG optimization as a ranking algorithm signal. You'd have all the SEOs selling WCAG optimization bundled into their packages. CMS developers would have more incentive to make their products accessible as possible right out-of-the-box and encourage their 3rd party developers to do the same. Google could play a huge role in making the internet more accessible, without having the threat of small businesses, bloggers, non-profits and other forms of webmasters from having to worry about the federal government charging them because they don't know the complex guidelines.

If you do use any tools, I'd be very interested to know what design or coding elements you've noticed limit their effectiveness and what frustrations you personally experience with specific situations, whether it's design, embedded content, navigation, or something I might not even be considering.

Reactions: LadyLuna
You know, I should really hit the next Google Webmaster Hangout and see if I can't get that suggestion submitted. They've got some insanely great minds, and they're always looking for new and innovative algo signals. Wouldn't be surprised if it is a signal, just not a public one. If that's the case, they need to go public with it to build awareness of accessibility best practices.

When you wake up to see a new icon on your phone... Instagram changed their icon... The fuck?:mad::punch::rage::mad:!
Now I'll never be able to find it when I actually want to snap that perfectly composed lunch picture! All of my lunch-o-grams will be half-consumed, unrecognizable cold food and a nearly empty pint of beer :snaphappy: :( :sorry:
I'm going to lose so much street-taco cred over this, I can tell. :oops:

Out of curiosity, you use any accessibility tools to help for the computer or internet? As a webmaster, WCAG best practices is something I try to be aware of. Might be adopted into ADA some day, so it's something webmasters should be very aware of as well.

Hell, since we're ranting, it's scary if all the WCAG guidelines become legally mandated, as it's pretty much impossible to be 100% compliant. Hell, even healthcare.gov, dea.gov, every state's government website and ironically ada.gov aren't 100% complaint with WCAG 2.0 guidelines. I understand the importance to try to code for these tools to work, but the burden it place on webmasters would be ridiculous!

It'd be awesome if Google implemented WCAG optimization as a ranking algorithm signal. You'd have all the SEOs selling WCAG optimization bundled into their packages. CMS developers would have more incentive to make their products accessible as possible right out-of-the-box and encourage their 3rd party developers to do the same. Google could play a huge role in making the internet more accessible, without having the threat of small businesses, bloggers, non-profits and other forms of webmasters from having to worry about the federal government charging them because they don't know the complex guidelines.

If you do use any tools, I'd be very interested to know what design or coding elements you've noticed limit their effectiveness and what frustrations you personally experience with specific situations, whether it's design, embedded content, navigation, or something I might not even be considering.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, nor why you tagged me in it. It's like a completely different language. I'm thinking that maybe you tagged the wrong post or something????

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, nor why you tagged me in it. It's like a completely different language. I'm thinking that maybe you tagged the wrong post or something????

I think the reason you were tagged was you mentioned in your post to Luna that you were almost legally blind. WCAG stands for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. It's general rules in place to make it easier to see webpages for people with vision and hearing losses, and including mobility loss.

It includes font choices, size of font, the colors, the contrasting colors between text and background. Also the use of alternate text for graphics, so even if you can't see the picture specialized software will be able to read aloud the alternate description of the picture to you. There's also the use of captions and transcriptions for videos so visual context in the video can be explained even if it can't be seen... There's a lot more to it, but that's the general idea. It's entirely geared toward making the web as fully accessible to people with any sort of impairments.

There's also accessibility tools built right into Windows to help out. An on screen magnifier that can make the whole screen anywhere from 100% size all the way up to 1600% normal size. It can be docked, full screen, or even a floating window you can move around. There's also on-screen keyboards, narrator...quite a few options.

Screenshot - 5_12_2016 , 12_06_41 PM.png

• Helpful!
Reactions: Gen and TacoBelle
Not to be an jerk, but I just spent 45 minutes responding to a post here. It was my greatest post ever (every piece of punctuation was awesome and the content was pretty ok--it takes me longer than normal people to get it right) and the thread just disappeared! I think the person decided to delete it... or, maybe I have guardian angels (saving me from my words)? Who knows? This is me ranting! (thank you for saving me if I made an ass out of myself guardian angels) :)

Also, seriously, doesn't it seem like it is cheaper to buy food and goods that aren't organic and free range? It just seems weird that buying things where animals and people are treated good are more expensive than if they are treated bad. Am I wrong in wondering about this in this day and age? It just seems to me that it should be the opposite of what it is (stuff that is inhumane should be more expensive--like rhino tusks and elephant tusks). I know it is just a cow or a goat, but come on...let us be cool to the animals. :)

Yeah, basically if you use any tools (Web or desktop) to help navigate the web due to visual impairment.

Reactions: TacoBelle
Thank you. I don't expect anyone to have an answer for this. I don't think a permanent solution exists. I just need to rant about it sometimes.
I deal with something similar, anxiety related (though not a phobia). It manifests itself in a number of ways.

I can't count how many times over the years people have tried to help by telling me I just need to "straighten up".

I deal with something similar, anxiety related (though not a phobia). It manifests itself in a number of ways.

I can't count how many times over the years people have tried to help by telling me I just need to "straighten up".
Dude, if you don't straighten up and fly right, it will be too wet to plow.

Just relaying what I was told by my mom when growing up ;) Translation: Quit acting a fool, or Ima beat yo ass!

• Funny!
I had to turn on the heat just now. Smh. This time last year I was wearing shorts, which was great...

Fast food.

First, I go to a restaurant of one of the major chains that I won't name (it's Wendy's). Been going to it every so often for about 5 years now. I have noticed many of the male workers unshaven and looking scraggly. Not talking about a 5 o'clock shadow, I mean several weeks worth of growth. It's disgusting. Now I haven't worked in fast food for decades, but I remember that was a no-no way back when. Just to be sure, I got a copy of their employee manual online and checked; yep, that's against the rules.

I don't know how I am going to proceed here, whether I'm going to complain to corporate online, call the store manager up and give him/her a piece of my mind, or both. One thing is for certain, it's not going to continue without remark. Not on my watch anyways.

Second, I went through another unnamed drive-thru yesterday (Arby's this time). I started fuming as I listened to the guy in front of me finish up his order. Then it was my turn.

Me: "Lemme get a number 10 with Dr. Pepper to drink"
Idiot: "Ok, sir, I have a number 10 with a Dr. Pepper. Can I get you anything else?"
Me: "No, that's all"
Idiot: "Would you like to add a turnover to that?"
Me: "NO, THATS ALL" :banghead:

If I ever go postal, crap like this is going to be the reason why.

Restaurants and small businesses who don't keep honest, accurate, consistent hours.

It does suck when you are there at 5:45pm and things are slow. You know what the proper remedy to that is? Post new hours! But the moment I show up to your store or restaurant and it's closed when the sign on the door indicates that it should be open is the absolute last time I'll ever bother trying to come to your business. Because I have no reason to believe it would be open. And I'll advise anyone I'm around not to risk it either. This is made even worse if your business is supposedly 24/7. Then there's really no excuse at all.

When I worked retail while in school, we actually didn't even close the store until 10 minutes after posted closing time, because it was good business. I'm sick of being told to "shop local" and support small businesses when they insist on operating unprofessionally.

P.S.: I could rant about camgirl posted or promised hours too, but annoying though that can be, I'm somewhat more forgiving. They are a person, not a business, and usually pretty damned cute!

Since you've worked in fast food, I'm surprised that you get upset over that. They have to try to upsell EVERY order, or they can be fired/demoted. If a secret shopper comes through, and they don't offer an upsell, they're gonna get in major trouble. And Arby's is the fucking WORST about it. They're so fucking anal. Did you know that the turnovers MUST have 7-9 stripes of icing? Any more or less and you'll be in deep shit. Same with everything else there.

tldr; It might be frustrating, but just say no and move on. They're simply trying to make rent money, man.

Me: "Lemme get a number 10 with Dr. Pepper to drink"
Idiot: "Ok, sir, I have a number 10 with a Dr. Pepper. Can I get you anything else?"
Me: "No, that's all"

I hate that too. I almost always order just fries from this pizza place I go to. I'll call it in and say "Hi! I'll have an order of French fries, and that's all." And the way they say "Just French fries??? That's it???" bugs me. I can tell they consider it odd (What's so bad about just wanting a side?) and they want me to spend more. That place has gotten a lot of business from me over the years...between all the Philly cheesesteaks, pizza slices, and French fries I've ordered, so when I'm in a position where I'm not exactly rolling in cash, it'd be nice to be able to pick up my food and leave without hearing over and over "Fries? That's it? No drink?" If I wanted a drink, I would've asked for one...

9mKqRJR.jpg

Last edited:
  • Funny!
Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
Since you've worked in fast food, I'm surprised that you get upset over that. They have to try to upsell EVERY order, or they can be fired/demoted. If a secret shopper comes through, and they don't offer an upsell, they're gonna get in major trouble. And Arby's is the fucking WORST about it. They're so fucking anal. Did you know that the turnovers MUST have 7-9 stripes of icing? Any more or less and you'll be in deep shit. Same with everything else there.

tldr; It might be frustrating, but just say no and move on. They're simply trying to make rent money, man.

Yeah, I know about the upselling thing, and I think that sucks. One of the work-from-home job resource blogs I browse had some job opportunities listed where you're required to do a lot of upselling over the phone. I was like nah, I'll pass on that one. I wouldn't want to do that, and have people yelling and hanging up on me. Lol.

Restaurants and small businesses who don't keep honest, accurate, consistent hours.

It does suck when you are there at 5:45pm and things are slow. You know what the proper remedy to that is? Post new hours! But the moment I show up to your store or restaurant and it's closed when the sign on the door indicates that it should be open is the absolute last time I'll ever bother trying to come to your business. Because I have no reason to believe it would be open. And I'll advise anyone I'm around not to risk it either. This is made even worse if your business is supposedly 24/7. Then there's really no excuse at all.

When I worked retail while in school, we actually didn't even close the store until 10 minutes after posted closing time, because it was good business. I'm sick of being told to "shop local" and support small businesses when they insist on operating unprofessionally.

P.S.: I could rant about camgirl posted or promised hours too, but annoying though that can be, I'm somewhat more forgiving. They are a person, not a business, and usually pretty damned cute!

The closest Subway restaurant to me used to do this all the time, and it drove me nuts. I remember calling there once and asking "Hi, what time do you close today?," and they would say "Hold on...let me ask the manager what time he/she wants to close today." But the store hours on their front door says something totally different.

Also, when mall stores like Bath and Body Works actually close/lock up 15 minutes before they're supposed to...not cool. I can understand getting ready to close, but if you close at 10 PM, you're NOT supposed to already be pulling down the gate/locking it at 9:45...

Reactions: LadyLuna and Gen

It's not really the suggestive selling that bugs me. It's the being asked twice. "Anything else?" and "fancy a turnover?" could easily be combined into one non-irksome phrase.

But I'm glad you brought up secret shoppers. I just want get this all out in the open and leave it...

I was an assistant manager when the chain I worked for rolled out their secret shopper program. It was a bunch of hubaloo, hand-wringing, and unwelcome anxiety worrying about getting a bad shop. But we got a really good one on one of the shifts I was running. I got a "good job" and a pat on the back.

I was kind of new in that store, and the store manager was a real a-hole. Raised Cain during the first week I was there about inventory coming up short. He wanted it fixed; bitched me and two others out, telling us it was our job.

So about two weeks after the good shop I fired a woman for running her own business out of the register. Selling stuff, not ringing it up, had about 50 bucks over in her drawer. Firing her meant we were going to be short a person that night. Then two of her friends called in. Then the Friday night drunks started pouring in. Things got chaotic, and not in the good way.

Right in the middle of this understaffed free for all, the store manager, the area manager, and the district manager all showed up. Strange, because I never saw them out and about at 2 a.m.

Turns out the woman I fired was the store manager's booty-on-the-side. Her friends calling in, then him showing up with the higher-ups wasn't just happenstance. The area and district manager gave me a lecture about firing in haste; my good shop from earlier was not mentioned. The next day, the store manager hired the thief back.

Also, a couple months after that, I gave one of the employees $40 to go get me a bag of weed, and I never saw her again. She was on crack though, so it may be unrelated.

Last edited:
  • Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: TacoBelle
The closest Subway restaurant to me used to do this all the time, and it drove me nuts. I remember calling there once and asking "Hi, what time do you close today?," and they would say "Hold on...let me ask the manager what time he/she wants to close today." But the store hours on their front door says something totally different.

Yeah, the 24/7 Subway near me closes every now and then. So right above the (locked) door is a giant "Open 24 hours!" sign. :facepalm:

Also, when mall stores like Bath and Body Works actually close/lock up 15 minutes before they're supposed to...not cool. I can understand getting ready to close, but if you close at 10 PM, you're NOT supposed to already be pulling down the gate/locking it at 9:45...

That's actually really risky for mall stores. Usually they tend to be better about this, since, among other reasons, mall contracts generally mandate specific hours for the store. And stores in malls can actually have to pay fines on top of their rent if they are caught closing early or opening late (unless they have some special waiver for unusual hours, as places like Chick-fil-A have to get).

Fuck squirrels man. Set up a few bird feeders but squirrels kept acting like they were squirrel feeders. Mannerless squirrels made me go all Macgyver to prevent them from climbing up and raiding the birds stash.

Fuck squirrels man. Set up a few bird feeders but squirrels kept acting like they were squirrel feeders. Mannerless squirrels made me go all Macgyver to prevent them from climbing up and raiding the birds stash.
Add a spoonful of ground red pepper/cayenne pepper to every feeder full of birdseed. It has no effect on the birds, but any mammal who sniffs it will run away. And it won't hurt the mannerless squirrels. I get mine at the dollar store ;)

Cams.com switched to tokens today and I don't like any part of it. First off, they said they would convert your funds to tokens using the "best purchase rate" possible,which they didnt. Second, I liked being able to add any amount I wanted. Had a gift card with $23.45 on it? Boom, add the whole balance to your account. Now it's token packages. And to boot, the best rate you can buy tokens at is $.91/token.
I highly doubt this is going to make models percentages any better either.

Don't get me wrong, I like MFC and it's token system, but cams used to be a drastically different system,, and I was used to it and liked it

Grandpa hated those things, made me sit there shoot a bunch of them.

They were getting in his pear tree. Hanging upside down, they would take one bite off a pear, giggle and throw it on the ground, then go get another one. He wouldn't have minded so much if they just had a pear; it was the wastefulness that got to him. But then, he was raised in the Depression...

the best rate you can buy tokens at is $.91/token.
I highly doubt this is going to make models percentages any better either.

That doesn't seem right. Each token on Cams is worth ten cents. And you are right...they've made no changes to the percentage they give models (I get 32%).

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
2016 has, much like the two years proceeding it, been awful, albeit it's definitely been the worst of them all.

Obviously there's the famous deaths of people I didn't know, but whose musical work impacted greatly on my life. Not as difficult, but still a bit painful knowing I'm unlikely to hear anything now, unless there are discoveries of a lot of unreleased works.

In the last two months, two people who were in the few I could closely trust have died. One was retired and, although not related, someone who I knew I could work alongside for the greater good. The other was taken in his early 30's to an illness, and that's the one that hurt most. This followed on from 2015 when another close friend died in a car accident, and 2014 when my best friend contracted a rare illness and passed away.

As someone who has only ever really kept a small number of people close, this has decimated me. Add this into being forced from my job for refusing to effectively steal money from the elderly, and it's understandably left me feeling rather low.

Which makes the whole thing about discovering my girlfriend, who claimed to be in Venice studying at the human rights school there for a week as part of her course, was actually there purely to see an Italian man she met previously when she was studying there, and I'm just left feeling empty. Right now, she doesn't know that I know, but I will look to confront with it soon enough. Ample evidence of it unfortunately.

Basically though, I don't really see the point anymore. I've spent my entire life doing the right thing, never aiming to hurt anyone. All that is thrown at me though is a blatant disregard for my existence. There's not even huge amounts I can do to change things now.

Status
Not open for further replies.