AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Need opinions, Ethics of selling old couple shows on ManyVids

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

passmeawhiskay

Inactive Cam Model
Dec 2, 2018
Twitter Username
@passmeawhiskay
Chaturbate Username
passmeawhiskay
So while, sites like webcamarchiver are profiting on the 3 couple shows I did a few year ago with a girl who who be horrified if she ever found out the videos were online, I'm not profiting.

I recently had some mods get a hold of them for me. I could be making money on ManyVids selling them to my fans, but then I would be proliferating these videos of this girl (who was verified) but really didn't know what she was getting into and got cold feet after the 3 shows.

The fact is, that they are proliferating already, I'm just not doing it or proliferating them faster.

Part of me wants to make money of these videos and the other half feels bad to because of how she felt about it and how ignorant she was to the reality of camming even those 3 times. Im torn ya'll, what do you think?

Asking her would be a solid no fyi. Thanks in advance!

No you shouldn't sell them. Even if you want to you would need to get a model release and a copy of her id. If she won't sign them and give you the rights to sale them then its a no go.

Just because other people are assholes doesn’t mean you have to be.

Morally, you already answered your own question.

If you're decent, this is enough info to answer your own question. Take them down.

Alright, it's settled. I wont, and as @ElaySmith said, couldn't but, taking them down? I'd like to if I could but how? I dont think that's a fight I can win. These were recorded without my knowledge years ago and I only know one site that has them. They are probably on others.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: JickyJuly
All you can do is send a dmca to the site they are on and hope they take them down (use your model name, not legal name to do this). She signed up to be on cam and it sucks that they were recorded and that she would be horrified about that but that is the nature of the beast. Its why we always point new models to the the "reality check thread". Not much else you can do about that beside not add fuel to the fire by selling them yourself.

Reactions: passmeawhiskay
All you can do is send a dmca to the site they are on and hope they take them down (use your model name, not legal name to do this). She signed up to be on cam and it sucks that they were recorded and that she would be horrified about that but that is the nature of the beast. Its why we always point new models to the the "reality check thread". Not much else you can do about that beside not add fuel to the fire by selling them yourself.

We were both pretty ignorant about camming at the time. Going forward ill be sure to make those realities known to any other girls I want to do a show with.

Should I tell her they are online? Or is that something better left unsaid and hope she or anyone she knows never finds out? Just seems like undue stress to her, dont really see how her knowing could help her prepare for such a scenario.

We were both pretty ignorant about camming at the time. Going forward ill be sure to make those realities known to any other girls I want to do a show with.

Should I tell her they are online? Or is that something better left unsaid and hope she or anyone she knows never finds out? Just seems like undue stress to her, dont really see how her knowing could help her prepare for such a scenario.

i would send a dmca, and tell her. just so she can be better prepared emotionally if someone she knows confronts her about it. also usually when you are confronted, it is better to be prepared what you want to say and how you plan on handling it. (denial or coming clean or ignore it or whatever)

I'd also recommend you mentioning you requested a dmca for her peace of mind.

you actually can't legally upload anything involving another person to a site without a release. So regardless of ethics, if she found out she could hit YOU with a dmca AND potentially a lawsuit. just because she's verified on the cam site that it got recorded on does not make you the copyright owner. She retains rights to her image.

It’s completely unethical to do that if she hasn’t consented to it, and it’s ESPECIALLY messed up if you know for a fact that she would be against it.

Yah, its already been decided. Im working to get them offline. We were recorded without our consent, but that happens all the time doesnt it? Momentary lack in morale judgment on my part. Unfortunately money rules the world and I was seeing dollar signs. Thats why I came here to get some perspective and get the morale compass aligned again.

Yah, its already been decided. Im working to get them offline. We were recorded without our consent, but that happens all the time doesnt it? Momentary lack in morale judgment on my part. Unfortunately money rules the world and I was seeing dollar signs. Thats why I came here to get some perspective and get the morale compass aligned again.

We all have our weak moments. There’s definitely something to be said for the fact that you came here first to check with everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.