AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New and looking for advice.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2020
Florida
Chaturbate Username
Babyblue8852
My girlfriend came to me a week ago and expressed the desire to try caming. She asked me to cam with her the first few times and we did decent for the first 3 nights and managed to get about 2k tokens in 9 hours total, and get about 300 followers! Though I kinda have away the store the first night. And we are actually having a bit of fun too!

Well we took a night off and picked up a c922, and since I've taken over the technical side, spent a couple hours playing with obs, the tripods and some clamp lights until we had actual decent HD video, yay!

Next day, Nothing not a single token after 3 hours, tried a nice close bj and loosing the bra to draw people in but we just can't retain for some reason. Same thing the next night. (Tonight)

Now we're Young she's 23 I'm 26, both of us are somewhat attractive, so I really don't think that's the problem. I (the male) am bi, and we are both quite open and social able.

We have tried small multi goals and some larger (1500) token goals to try and change up the title we've tried squirting, fuck at goal, topless and nothing seems to be really grabbing.

At this point she's convinced HD is hurting us, but I just feel like I maybe missing something here. Is there anything that we can do to pull or retain that i could be missing? On the first night I pulled a bit of tokens from bi curious guys, and the second they just wanted to see her. I believe we have to be hitting both the gay and straight market, but how do we show that without scaring one or the other away?

At this point she's convinced HD is hurting us, but I just feel like I maybe missing something here.
The newness appeal wears off over time, what you need now is consistency so you can build a base of regulars.

Next day, Nothing not a single token after 3 hours, tried a nice close bj and loosing the bra to draw people in but we just can't retain for some reason.
If you're giving a free show, most people aren't going to be motivated to tip for more, they'll just get their nut and leave.

Building up a fanbase can be slow and frustrating, but consistency pays off. Maintain a schedule, and experiment with different types of hustle to get things moving - watch other rooms for ideas.

Please don't take anything that I'm going to say OP as negative. Couple cams are hard, and most female models figure out they earn more solo instead of regularly performing with a partner. Most cam members don't want to interact with a group, they want that personal one on one with a cammodel. No offense OP, but it might be you chasing away tips, not the streaming in HD. (don't lose the HD btw). Try to be a little more hands-off and let her take in the reins more. Most men in camworld are "stunt dicls" The males are only there to provide the penis, the females are the personality and face.

Maybe she try doing a couple days solo to help build that following.

Building up a fanbase can be slow and frustrating, but consistency pays off. Maintain a schedule, and experiment with different types of hustle to get things moving - watch other rooms for ideas.
I expected a drop after we lost a new tag but not a halt. Scheduling isn't an issue though we are currently only doing 3 hrs a day. But as far as a hustle what exactly do you mean? Any suggestions we've tried large and small goals, wheels, and ofc are willing to listen to request or offers, but is there something of this nature that stands out a bit and works? It just feels like we're being one of many with the newer rooms up running the same 3 bots.

Please don't take anything that I'm going to say OP as negative. Couple cams are hard, and most female models figure out they earn more solo instead of regularly performing with a partner. Most cam members don't want to interact with a group, they want that personal one on one with a cammodel. No offense OP, but it might be you chasing away tips, not the streaming in HD. (don't lose the HD btw). Try to be a little more hands-off and let her take in the reins more. Most men in camworld are "stunt dicls" The males are only there to provide the penis, the females are the personality and face.

No offense taken we definitely want the advice, ultimately our plan is for her to operate the account(s) and be the face ofc. She is just nervous about figuring it out herself, and Intimidated by the technical aspect, not really being on by herself. I mean we aren't new to the scene and I know there's not a dick shortage. So when on cam I tend to try to stay to the side of the frame or the back and let her take center frame. But we can definitely try with her solo some more.

But as far as a hustle what exactly do you mean? Any suggestions we've tried large and small goals, wheels, and ofc are willing to listen to request or offers

You answered your own question here, those are all different types of hustles

but is there something of this nature that stands out a bit and works?

Lots of different things work, and they work differently for various people. There's no concrete answer.

At this point she's convinced HD is hurting us, but I just feel like I maybe missing something here. Is there anything that we can do to pull or retain that i could be missing?
HD is definitely not hurting, though I would try watching your cam from another device just to make sure that everything is working like it should since you upgraded.

On the first night I pulled a bit of tokens from bi curious guys, and the second they just wanted to see her. I believe we have to be hitting both the gay and straight market, but how do we show that without scaring one or the other away?
I don't think there is much you can do about that other than having tip menu options in your menu for them.

I wouldn't worry too much just yet, everyone has bad days.

Reactions: Babyblue8852
When I started out, I cammed with my boyfriend a few times and abruptly put an end to it. The traffic was more than when I was solo, but the tips were less.
I think if I were ever to do it again (which I don't plan to do) I think a good plan of attack seems to be teasing each other in public chat, get a room going, and do a ticket show and tell the room if they want to see you fuck her, then buy a ticket. That seems to work for a lot of couples.

That was my first thought as well, but I was able to see and access it. it's pushing a pretty steady 3200 bitrate so I don't think it's anything on the technical side.

One thing you should note is camsites aren't Twitch and Youtube. They don't always transcode your stream before they send it out so your views also have to have connections that support 3300 bitrate or it will appear to skip to them if not buffer a lot. You see more problems with higher bitrate when people are trying to use sites from tablets and older ipads which is the preferred method in many EU regions for members.

Reactions: Babyblue8852
Member's comment: As others have mentioned, camming couples is difficult. While there's a following for it, it's not as big as a solo female model. I prefer to interact with a model, and not a couple. It's not that I'm against it, I just don't want it regularly or consistently. There was a model I followed for a while where she was solo all but one or two shows a month. When the guy was there, it was a themed event where she'd "tease" him based on the number of tokens she'd get towards the goal. He was almost always off cam, but would come in on occasion so she'd have to hurry up and cover up or stop playing, whatever she was doing. Of course, it was all a show. But, it added variety to her show, and it allowed them to do couple's camming. On CB, they turned it into a ticket show when it came time to fuck as @Gia_Xo eluded to. I can't say she did better, as I didn't keep track of it.

For me, having a male in the picture at all times makes it very awkward. Most times, I've seen them just sit and either do their own thing, which causes distractions or people not wanting to interact. Or, when they do interact, they try to dominate the picture or pull the "hey, I'm banging her and you're not" attitude. Very unappealing and I avoided them after the first two or three times.

This.

As a viewer/client/pervert (whatever you wish to call me), whilst I do SOMETIMES enjoy watching couples, it's a rare occasion. It's nothing against the guy (or couple), he could be a good looking guy, big dick, small dick, muscular, "average"... whatever. It's easier from my view to be more "intimate" and personal for one on one. Even though a lot of us would not say we are wanting the "girlfriend experience", there is and always be a small element of that, we want her to ourselves. We (the perverts) can feel more relaxed and open and stuff if it's just the woman. Even if you, as the guy, are the most laid back person and open about everything sexual, it doesn't always matter. There is this weird uncomfortable "elephant in the room" kind of feeling. It's hard to explain, sorry.

Make sure you are both (if possible) engaging by speaking (and possibly typing too, sometimes when necessary). Even if it feels like no one is listening or talking back, try to keep it going so if/when someone who can tip walks in, the don't just see you both sat there looking bored, and then leave.

When I started out, I cammed with my boyfriend a few times and abruptly put an end to it. The traffic was more than when I was solo, but the tips were less.
I think if I were ever to do it again (which I don't plan to do) I think a good plan of attack seems to be teasing each other in public chat, get a room going, and do a ticket show and tell the room if they want to see you fuck her, then buy a ticket. That seems to work for a lot of couples.
This seems like a good approach and we will give it try maybe on a weekly basis. This isn't my day job and she will be spending the majority of her time on by herself. Thank you, definitely the kind of suggestions we are looking for.

Reactions: Gia_Xo
Thank you all for the advise. We are going to get her going solo. I definitely get me being there ruining the fantasy.
@Brett M @ForceTen Thanks for the viewer angle. The way we were looking at is was the ability to do more, though I can see it affecting her draw.

Thank you all for the advise. We are going to get her going solo. I definitely get me being there ruining the fantasy.
@Brett M @ForceTen Thanks for the viewer angle. The way we were looking at is was the ability to do more, though I can see it affecting her draw.

You can still do Couple Shows like a "special" once every now and again. I am sure guys would still love to see that. Like I said, every now and again it's fantastic to see a real cock inside the model you enjoy or her sucking on a real one etc. So don't completely rule it out, but maybe on those nights also try to take note of what @ForceTen said about not sat there in the background doing your own thing. Try be with her, communicating with the room. OR what I see that sometimes works, is for the Couple Show Special, have just the model on, then keep mentioning the fact "If we reach the goal I will get my partner and fuck him on cam".

You're still new so it's still a case of finding which one (or something different) can work for you both.

With camming comes clips. It's a great way to build some passive income and to give your viewers other options on spending money other than live performing. This is where you can come in! Not only are you her willing stunt dick, but you can help as the cameraman. Lots of cammodel partner helps shoot their content, even if it's holding your phone to take a picture for social media. It's also nice to get a man's perspective on what you shoot. Sometimes I obsess with my face too much, I'm not seeing what it's actually capturing. My husband sees something entirely different which can be soo helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.