AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New Miss MyFreeCams Prizes

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SNATCH

Cam Model
Nov 18, 2010
Ya moms house
WELL FUCK ME SIDEWAYS IN THE EARHOLE WITH A BASEBALL BAT...

"Starting this month, May 2012, all Miss MyFreeCams prizes have been raised. Now the top 100 models all get a prize of $100 or higher, with the winner receiving $1000. Click Miss MyFreeCams on the site to see the exact numbers. Thanks!"

Just saw this on the model newsfeed, on the model side. This is cool, but also so not cool for so many reasons.

I kind of wish that MFC would like... Do some other things to help out models, rather than this... But maybe that's just me... ?

Reactions: missmeowmixx
Hehe, the only real prize this is for MFC itself. Creating competition throughout the models and encouraging members to spend even more on their favourites to get them a prize within the top 100. Girls with a camscore of 2500 can be inside the top 100... so it really is a money maker if done right. Only takes a few k of tokens to pay off, and given the number of models outside the top 100 who will have members spending to get them inside and keep them there - probably a very sound money making decision. May encourage girls to work longer, making the site more populated, in order to earn more tokens to get that reward.

Motivates girls to earn it (and join to earn it), motivates members to spend it.

Win for MFC in every department.
Win for some girls.
Members...being squeezed ever harder :D

Will be surprised if there's not a means to see everyone's rank shortly. It is needed to encourage member competitiveness! if your girl is just outside...

I really don't think it changes anything. Just like the top20 cash prizes were never the real incentive for top20, this prize doesn't add much in the grand scheme of things. Extra money is always cool, but the real motivation is more of an excitement of seeing your name on a top list in general.

And the top100 has been visible for many months now.

AmberCutie said:
I really don't think it changes anything. Just like the top20 cash prizes were never the real incentive for top20, this prize doesn't add much in the grand scheme of things. Extra money is always cool, but the real motivation is more of an excitement of seeing your name on a top list in general.

I really hope this turns out to be true. I'm nervous about it because it could honestly go either way. It could create so much competition that people not striving for top 100 struggle even more, or it could have absolutely no impact at all.

GemmaMarie said:
AmberCutie said:

I really hope this turns out to be true. I'm nervous about it because it could honestly go either way. It could create so much competition that people not striving for top 100 struggle even more, or it could have absolutely no impact at all.

Any ladies with their head on straight will probably realize that $100 isn't much if you're making enough to be in the top 100.

I could see a swell in models shooting for the top 100 this month, but I really feel it will have less impact in the long run. I've always seen the reward as being a top model, rather than a model who also makes an extra $100.

Evvie said:
GemmaMarie said:
AmberCutie said:

Any ladies with their head on straight will probably realize that $100 isn't much if you're making enough to be in the top 100.

I could see a swell in models shooting for the top 100 this month, but I really feel it will have less impact in the long run. I've always seen the reward as being a top model, rather than a model who also makes an extra $100.
Exactry.

Reactions: missmeowmixx
A moneymaker for sure for MFC. I can also see it going the other way as well. The top 200 may be competing, but I can also see it hurting the rest below say ~2500 scam score simply bc members don't tip much as it is now, and they will be saving what they can for the fav girl that may have a chance to break top 100.
I say fuck it.. I'd send my fav $100 cash just to stay relaxed and have fun instead of becoming a token beggar that keeps pushing every 2 minutes to finish some topic.

SoTxBob said:
A moneymaker for sure for MFC. I can also see it going the other way as well. The top 200 may be competing, but I can also see it hurting the rest below say ~2500 scam score simply bc members don't tip much as it is now, and they will be saving what they can for the fav girl that may have a chance to break top 100.
I say fuck it.. I'd send my fav $100 cash just to stay relaxed and have fun instead of becoming a token beggar that keeps pushing every 2 minutes to finish some topic.
What I'm saying is that ever since they started displaying the top 100, the competition already got stepped up. This won't make that much of a difference.

Reactions: MrRodry
AmberCutie said:
SoTxBob said:
What I'm saying is that ever since they started displaying the top 100, the competition already got stepped up. This won't make that much of a difference.

Yes, maybe they're hoping for more "competition" coming from those models that almost made to the top 100 in the last months. Don't know if the extra $100 will do the job.

Oh I didn't mean models will necessarily care, although I do think those on lower camscores will (because it would be a days earnings for them). I think it will be members who try harder to get their fav into top 100.

If you are 101... you get 0. If you are 100, you get $100. Incentive for guys to tip their fav into the rankings :p
If you are 110, you get 0... but 100 isn't that far away either.

Each day that it runs, girls just outside the 100 may get tips to help get them inside, and the amount required may not be much.

Zoomer said:
Oh I didn't mean models will necessarily care, although I do think those on lower camscores will (because it would be a days earnings for them). I think it will be members who try harder to get their fav into top 100.

If you are 101... you get 0. If you are 100, you get $100. Incentive for guys to tip their fav into the rankings :p
If you are 110, you get 0... but 100 isn't that far away either.

Each day that it runs, girls just outside the 100 may get tips to help get them inside, and the amount required may not be much.
Ah yeah, I get that. Girls who are close. But I wouldn't necessarily agree with your "it would be a days earnings for them" because honestly, anyone who makes top 100 HAS to be earning more than $100/day. And that's just what I was getting at... the girls who are in/near the top 100 may appreciate the bonus prize, but it's not something to make or break them. The biggest reward for being in top 20/100 is having a great income.

I think it would be cooler if number 1 also got $100 and perhaps a trophy (since we know the prize is just the icing on the cake) and the rest of the money went to models outside the top 100 in some kind of "veiwer's choice" kind of award where you could vote for your fave, would give the non high camscore girls a chance at exposure and just a chance to win something.

So I wonder if the model A_Von_Tease is aiming for the number one slot. Not bad a camscore of 110,000 up from 18,500 the last time she "actually" was on cam and working. What I'm getting at here is the new prizes wont make any change to how top 20 models get there, we all know most of the top 20 have one hell of a big tipper keeping them there. It's all down to large amounts of offline tips which lower camscore models will never get. Pure and simple fact that we all know to be true. If anything as someone said beforehand I think there will be a lot more token beggars pushing their topics of " Rank 150 get me to 100 for top off" etc. Prime example, one model asking 15,000 tokens and get me Top 20, member asks " and what happens when you reach your goal" reply " I go to bed" :lol: This will be no benefit to models or members what so ever. What MFC should be doing is fixing the site, not adding stupid features for guests and stupid crowns to avatars. Rant over :clap:

Reactions: LadyLuna
AmberCutie said:
because honestly, anyone who makes top 100 HAS to be earning more than $100/day. And that's just what I was getting at...

Hell yeah they do! When I first started camming, I was nowhere NEAR the top 100 and I was making $100-$150 a day. That was back in late 2009 early 2010!

A model friend of mine who regularly appears in the Top 100 was very excited about this new bonus, mainly because its another 100 bucks in her pocket each month.

i imagine if you are in top 100 or top 20 you are going to be raking in mad money y in the world would $100 make even a dent lol I agree its about being in the top.

Question? I see the rankings change daily so lets say you are 12 one day 11 the next 15 the next. How do they determine what you are for the month? Is it an average? Somedays im number 2000 others I am like 200.

Mate_ said:
So I wonder if the model A_Von_Tease is aiming for the number one slot. Not bad a camscore of 110,000 up from 18,500 the last time she "actually" was on cam and working. What I'm getting at here is the new prizes wont make any change to how top 20 models get there, we all know most of the top 20 have one hell of a big tipper keeping them there. It's all down to large amounts of offline tips which lower camscore models will never get. Pure and simple fact that we all know to be true. If anything as someone said beforehand I think there will be a lot more token beggars pushing their topics of " Rank 150 get me to 100 for top off" etc. Prime example, one model asking 15,000 tokens and get me Top 20, member asks " and what happens when you reach your goal" reply " I go to bed" :lol: This will be no benefit to models or members what so ever. What MFC should be doing is fixing the site, not adding stupid features for guests and stupid crowns to avatars. Rant over :clap:

110,000 i have never seen a score over 49,000?

Ursavannah said:
i imagine if you are in top 100 or top 20 you are going to be raking in mad money y in the world would $100 make even a dent lol I agree its about being in the top.

Question? I see the rankings change daily so lets say you are 12 one day 11 the next 15 the next. How do they determine what you are for the month? Is it an average? Somedays im number 2000 others I am like 200.
It's the position you finish at the end of the month.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6713

AmberCutie said:
Ursavannah said:

I kno I have seen it but I didnt understand so lets say may1-may30 you are at 150 but on may 31 you are 100 then thats your ranking? To me that says its only looking at what you did that day

Ursavannah said:
AmberCutie said:
Ursavannah said:

I kno I have seen it but I didnt understand so lets say may1-may30 you are at 150 but on may 31 you are 100 then thats your ranking? To me that says its only looking at what you did that day
At 11:59 PM Pacific, on the last day of the month, check your rank. The very last minute of the month, that is your official rank for that month. The ones that show in the link I provided are the FINAL rank. You can be any rank you want throughout the month, but if in the last 2 minutes of the last day of the month, you make enough tokens to make it to #1 and finish the night there, then you're #1 for that month.

Girls who say they are "going for top 20" in a certain month mean they have to maintain it all month and finish there. It's hard shit! Anyone can make it on day 1 or 2 with a big tipper, but to hold it until the last minute of the month is a major accomplishment.

Ursavannah said:
AmberCutie said:
Ursavannah said:

It's based on total accumulated tokens from day 1 to n, not camscore.

Ursavannah said:

Word
Mad money

Sorry just happy to see someone use slang, that I get made fun of using.

AmberCutie said:
Evvie said:
GemmaMarie said:
AmberCutie said:

Exactry.

A prime example of the #1 spot prize not being that much of a difference, income wise, would be that October Aspen was #1 and simply no other model could catch her. There was speculation as to how much she made. Most people got it into their heads she made a million tokens that month... which might not be too far fetched. The conversation was going on in a model's room and I mentioned the top model was probably at around 500k tokens... and the model PMed me and said she had already made 376k tokens that month.... and she was number 7 at the time. Which, I have to say, kind of took me by surprise. I figured 376k should be top 3, in all honesty.

So, if we just assume she made 1 million tokens (I'm sure she'll never say how much it was), that would be $50k for the month. So she won an extra $500. Or 1% of the token earnings. In the grand scheme of things, that 1% isn't a whole lot.

Even the new $1000 prize for #1 isn't going to be all that much in the grand scheme of things to the model that wins it. Sure, it's a nice bonus.... but it is a small percentage compared to how much the #1 model most likely made that month.

I'm sure when they introduced the top prizes it was a much bigger deal to the models. They probably weren't making what they are now. Now it's more of a "I'm in the top 5/10/20" feeling over the prize money, like you said, Amber.

Though, I think models in some other countries who can make it to the top 100 might feel different, especially the Eastern European models. An extra $100 for a month can go a LOOOOOOONG way in those countries.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Ursavannah said:
It's based on total accumulated tokens from day 1 to n, not camscore.

thanks I kno I just couldn't figure out if it was an average tokens for the whole month or just how you did on the last day

It is neither. It is based on the total tokens you earned that month. No averages, no formulas, nothing but simple addition.

Reactions: AmberCutie
UncleThursday said:
I'm sure when they introduced the top prizes it was a much bigger deal to the models. They probably weren't making what they are now.
Yeah back in the day (2009) it took less than half of what it takes now to reach top 20 and the top 3. I would guestimate that at that time, the #1 spot was attained with roughly 400k tokens for the month. Which of course is still a gross $20k, so the $500 prize was a bigger % but still not all that much in the long run.

FeliciaClover said:
How many tokens do you think it takes to break into the bottom portion of the top 100? Say slots 95-100.

The factors for that will vary, month to month.

It will depend on how much the girls in those spots have, for one. And it also probably greatly depends on camscore. Remember, most members only browse the first few rows of models not in group or private. Hence, that means that only the models with a high enough camscore to be in those top few rows will see a huge influx of people coming in and out of their room (tipping or not).

It will also depend on what time of year it is. Holiday time might be harder. The people with the extra money tend to save it for their personal favorites as holiday gifts. For many others, the holidays simply cost too much money to spend on MFC.

Tax return time might be a good few months for models... I know I spent over $1k on MFC when I got my taxes back this year... in one weekend. :woops: But the couple really long privates I had and now have in my archives made it worth it... somewhat. :p Just means I need to save more for my trip this Labor Day...

Summer time tends to be up and down, as many members like to take vacations then.

So, it's hard to actually say how much it might take to break into the top 100.

FeliciaClover said:
How many tokens do you think it takes to break into the bottom portion of the top 100? Say slots 95-100.

Status
Not open for further replies.