AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New Streamate Layout

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it changed right during a gold show. lol Now, the front page seems too in your face. Four models across is strangely too big.

Reactions: JickyJuly
I hates it. It looks so childish and it reminds me of websites from the 90s...

Reactions: Nordling
On a scale from 1 to MFC, how outdated is the new layout...? :? I don't like it either.

When this was first posted, I had a look and didn't see any change. Just checked again and now it looks like one of those sites that keeps redirecting you someplace you didn't want to go. I suppose they're following LJ's lead with bigger and better previews, but it's kind of oogly.

I don't go there often (like never actually), but I don't see any change either? Has the chat room interface changed? :woops:

eclipse76 said:
I don't go there often (like never actually), but I don't see any change either? Has the chat room interface changed? :woops:

The homepage layout has changed and some minor things on the chat room interface, like text and button design changed.

Old layout:

Sltw49T.jpg

New layout:

oIBcMrw.jpg

The look and feel was the least of the things they needed to work on. I found the site nearly unusable because it's so hard to search for anything, and now it's worse than before.

And while I like the "live" popup previews, they don't really tell me anything about the model the way MFC's "Menu" does. No free-next filter like MFC also sucks. And, when I finally get it to narrow down models by some characteristic (say "speaks English"), if I mark one as a favorite so that I can check them out later when I have more time, it undoes the filter and gives me the default list again.

I know many models like streamate, and I can see why from the models perspective, but as a member I've found it to be very hard to use, and this most recent change is, if not a step in the wrong direction, certainly not a step in the right one.

I can't find the "my mailbox" button in the new layout. The only way to send a message, is to do if FROM the model's room. Maybe I'm blind? lol

*Edit Oops. Never mind. I just found it. Click on your name at the top right and some stuff that had been in the open shows up.

mynameisbob84 said:
I've never used Streamate. Would it be spectacularly crappy to sign up to see what it's like without buying any tokens first?

Plenty of people have accounts they haven't spent on yet.
You can always close it if you don't like it, or abandon it.

Just make sure to read carefully when you sign up, there's a subscription service you have to unclick, I'm told.

Chellelovesu said:
mynameisbob84 said:
I've never used Streamate. Would it be spectacularly crappy to sign up to see what it's like without buying any tokens first?

Just make sure to read carefully when you sign up, there's a subscription service you have to unclick, I'm told.

Thanks for the heads up on the subscription thing. That's the kind of thing I'd miss and wouldn't pick up on until looking through bank statements months later :)

mynameisbob84 said:
Chellelovesu said:
mynameisbob84 said:

Thanks for the heads up on the subscription thing. That's the kind of thing I'd miss and wouldn't pick up on until looking through bank statements months later :)
Also, they don't use tokens. $ comes straight off your card.

Honestly, I do like the new layout. While I do not like how there are less models on the front page, I do like how the previews are bigger and advertise the models in HD. If I were to go somewhere to get my rocks off, I'd probably pick a place that looks more like the newer one rather than the older one. Better for the customer, worse for the model, since newer guys are less likely to actually scroll down passed the first initial 8 girls. :crybaby: I guess we will see if it effects earnings come tomorrow!

Korreline said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Chellelovesu said:
mynameisbob84 said:

Also, they don't use tokens. $ comes straight off your card.

You also have a preset limit, though, that you can up over time, so there is a protection from overspending on accident!

Yeah I think the beginning pre-set limit is like $50? That's what it is on my member account, but I've also spent money on that account.. So maybe that's like the next step up. Idk.

Relevant to new layout:
I'm pretty nervous about signing on tonight, I mean I'm nowhere near a "Top of page 1" model, like I normally hang around the bottom to lower-middle of the first page.. Who knows where I'll be now?
Who knows how much traffic I'll get?

Reactions: ShilohGables
iKarli said:
Honestly, I do like the new layout. While I do not like how there are less models on the front page, I do like how the previews are bigger and advertise the models in HD. If I were to go somewhere to get my rocks off, I'd probably pick a place that looks more like the newer one rather than the older one. Better for the customer, worse for the model, since newer guys are less likely to actually scroll down passed the first initial 8 girls. :crybaby: I guess we will see if it effects earnings come tomorrow!

I like the cleaner look and bigger previews also.

But it is much harder to search, and I am not even sure its working. I left everything else the default and searched on Gold shows and found only 3 models out 1500 online were offering Gold Shows. Could this possibly be right?

But are the popup previews larger? I'm guessing they're about the same as in the old format. I suppose it's just a matter of getting used to something new, but I still liked the old format better.

Korreline said:
Yeah I think the beginning pre-set limit is like $50? That's what it is on my member account, but I've also spent money on that account.. So maybe that's like the next step up. Idk.

Relevant to new layout:
I'm pretty nervous about signing on tonight, I mean I'm nowhere near a "Top of page 1" model, like I normally hang around the bottom to lower-middle of the first page.. Who knows where I'll be now?
Who knows how much traffic I'll get?
I am also a middle to bottom of the first page model, and if I set the thing to show 40 girls, I'm at the bottom of the first page. Traffic was okay for me between 5:30 and 6:30. I made my normal low goal that hour. Between 7 and 8, it sucked. I think maybe some of the guys are having a hard time adjusting to the change too, but you'll probably be fine. Is 20 per page the default? That seems small. 40 seems like a more reasonable setting.

I just discovered a problem with the new layout. If you're on the front page and want to view a particular model's profile without actually going into her room, and if she's in a private session (not an exclusive), it's impossible to view it without going into her actual room. Normally, just click on her name at the bottom of the picture, but this disappears when she's in a private.

eclipse76 said:
Seriously guys, do all of you have the new layout? Are you all registered members?
As a non-reg, I still have the old one:
http://archive.today/wcAwx

Maybe it's a beta version for some members only?
You are accessing cammodels.com, not streamate.com. White labels haven't switched to new layout yet.

If you are using cammodels to support a girl, continue to use it. I don't know if she will be credited for your purchases if you switch to streamate.

Reactions: eclipse76
Yeah, I really know and understand nothing about the way Streamate works :mrgreen:
I'm gonna look for a guide or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.