AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New to the Industry, looking for a few answers!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2015
So I'm definitely green coming into this and I've searched for answers and I'll keep browsing forums like this to get a bit of depth into webcamming but I was hoping that I could get a few answers directly as well since most of the answers have come from 5 years ago and I know the industry has grown.

Currently I am working a FT job to pay the bills but its not something my heart is in and would like a little bit more income to build a future. So I was wondering, since the majority of websites "sell" the possible wage, what the average monetary gain is for a male webcam show?

I am straight but have had those "college years" before I got married. My wife has been in the industry for a little more than a year doing phone sex and really enjoyed it, she's upgrading to the webcam as well but we know there is a big difference from talking about fantasies to actually doing those fantasies to fulfill the audience. I know as clientele will be mostly males for me that I would need to be okay with a few other things beyond the jerk and squirt. I know its all about comfort level and I'm willing to see how far I would be able to go but was wondering what the furthest anyone has gone for a client?

That also leads to another question. My wife and I are planning on doing things separately to get things started so that we both become comfortable in front of a camera before we do things together. Should this be the way to go? What would bring in the most? and would the "couple" setup affect the "solo" setup and vice versa? any experience with this would be amazing to hear some feedback!

Next question. Should be the last but as we are getting into this, we understand the need for more job expenses rather than the phone sex where you need a phone and computer. I understand that we need lighting (which I've found how to do), a proper area to move around in, a proper camera (will the pc camera work for the time being or should we buy up and get an individual wireless hd cam?), and props. This is the biggest question and I'm asking for both on this but what should we be buying for her to start up and for me to start up? Sex toys are obvious but is there anything particular that either of us should be looking at? Costumes and wigs? She'd like to have a few options on wigs and thats fine but what kind of costumes or more to the point lingerie should we be looking at? (and please don't tell me whatever we feel comfortable with :p) I'm more or less looking as to what the average client appreciates to see us in?

I know I have plenty more questions but looking these up they always seemed to point to "whatever you're comfortable with" and "not too crazy but not plain jane" type answers so I'm hoping for a little more in depth answers.

There's some good intro advice at camgirlwiki.Com but most girls would agree that costumes and fancy lingerie aren't necessarily of huge importance for most camgirls. We've had threads before about what investments you've made in camming that have paid off and which haven't, lingerie was a common answer for the latter. A cute simple matching bra and panties set from Target is totally fine, unless she wants lingerie to be a big part of her look.

If you can get a Logitech c920 or c930e camera, having a good quality camera is important and should be your first purchase along with lighting.

I don't really understand your question about the farthest anyone's gone for a client or how it'd be relevant, it may be a boring answer but camming is super individual so many things really are about "whatever you're comfortable with". Same with how much money you can make, yes every site will have an average, but there's a huge range from the lowest to highest earners. I don't know much about couple camming though so I can't help there!

Good luck!

How far and what other people have done is completely irrelevant to your experience and what you will do. There is a reason all past threads say do what's comfortable. Seriously, do whats comfortable. Just like no one can tell you how much money you will make, no one can tell you how far you should go or what you should do for your shows.

There is a whole thread stickied on lighting, you dont have to have fancy professional lights, especially at first.

I am pretty sure that being new to being on cam will be a bonus, for whatever reason there is a whole market for watching "first times"

Also. Please know there is no such thing as an "average client"

Do you.

As stated above, you hear the same answer over and over because it's absolutely true - on female solo, male solo and couples camming. Everyone has "hard limits", talk with your partner and self-reflect on what those limits and rules are and make them very visibly clear for your audience's reference (despite the fact that many people won't take the massive 3 seconds to read your bio, it gives you something to refer them to).

Addressing your comments on the solo-male modeling - I would be careful about "being willing to see how far you would go". That just sounds like asking for regret and/or animosity once that limit is hit. You're setting up a self-run business, it's pretty important to know what you're selling. This changes over time and varies from client-to-client but it still falls under the same umbrella of personal limitations. Everyone has their limits and even if you are open to everything, your site-host has limits; it's very important to know those.

Going in with the "jerk and squirt" mentality is an option, but it is by no means mandatory. Adult entertainment has a massive range and spectrum. People can find video of a guy jerking off anywhere (whether they are seeking it out or not); to be noticeable and keep regulars coming back you need to find your niche be able to carry and entertain a room - differentiate yourself from a video of someone jacking off or all the other generic cropped-off torsos/pelvises with shitty lighting that you're competing against. From there, you can start intertwining your niche and personality with your wife's.

For a start up, I would recommend you and your wife taking turns (rather than buy new equipment which, once you do couples camming, could become redundant), building a following and finding hours that seem ideal for your clientele. From there, any other expenses (toys, costumes, etc.) can be incorporated into shows by public/client demand. I'm not a hardcore model so I may not be fully qualified to comment on the toys and such, but I would check what your regulars want to see (you can even make a wishlist so they can buy stuff for you); in the end, it's them that you're buying them for, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.