AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Newb to the whole Camming thing..

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LibertyJemmz717

Inactive Cam Model
Nov 6, 2016
Funland in somewhere cold
Hi there,
So upon doing research upon research reading how to manage finances etc whilst camming. I still find that I have a few questions on this subject and they range.
So I just finished my application!
However before I submitted it i was wondering
1. For someone outside of US what is the best payment method? best experience?
Ive heard payoneer is good but this is all from reading.
2. Hair removal down their?
I prefer not to shave due to issues this creates for me medically.. but waxing ouch!!
3. Lighting! SO I have soundly dedicated a space for where Ill be camming and have slowly come to furnish this room. I did get a Logitech c920 and tripod for broadcasting.. But light set upsI found some decent priced professional lighting kits with umbrellas.. this is what i saw and was wondering was this too excessive to start:
  • (1) 2*200W(EQV)=400W 5500K day light balanced Light bulbs
  • (2) 2 pcs 7 foot fully adjustable Light stands
  • (3) 2 pcs single light holders with umbrella holders whch can be rotated to any angle.
  • (4) 2 pcs 33" translucent umbrellas
  • (5) 2 pcs 33" black/silver reflective umbrellas & carrying case
Thanks lots

Lib

Hi there,
So upon doing research upon research reading how to manage finances etc whilst camming. I still find that I have a few questions on this subject and they range.
I prefer not to shave due to issues this creates for me medically.. but waxing ouch!!
3. Lighting! SO I have soundly dedicated a space for where Ill be camming and have slowly come to furnish this room. I did get a Logitech c920 and tripod for broadcasting.. But light set upsI found some decent priced professional lighting kits with umbrellas.. this is what i saw and was wondering was this too excessive to start:
  • (3) 2 pcs single light holders with umbrella holders whch can be rotated to any angle.
Thanks lots

Lib

1) Depends on what country you're in, and what camsite you're using/what they offer as payment methods. Could you elaborate?

2) There is no one way to look on cam, and that goes for pubic hair too. Some dudes like shaved, some like trimmed, some like hair, some don't care at all. So do what you're comfortable with and works for you. Market yourself, not what you think you should be to fit in. Play up your best features.

3) It matters a lot on what your background walls are, if you have windows/curtains, all sorts of things. Definitely take a look in this extensive thread. Also there's a billion things you can search for here in the top right corner of the page, and you can even search within a thread to narrow your search down to specific keywords. As far as your setup goes, it's a bit excessive to have 4 umbrellas and only 2 light bulbs, but I suppose the variety in umbrellas will give you more options/variety. Don't go overboard if you don't need to, though. Here's a basic light kit off Amazon that'll likely suit your needs. Again though, read through that thread and take into account your room's color/natural light sources/etc. to get a better idea on what works for you.

I would go with Charlotte's suggestion, at least until you have tried live camming and decided that it is, in fact, what you expected it would be for you.

PS: I hope you are holding off with MFC for a bit. It's one sight where hitting the ground running brings benefits because of cam score. Chaturbate or SM are much better sites for new models to get there feet wet..

I would go with Charlotte's suggestion, at least until you have tried live camming and decided that it is, in fact, what you expected it would be for you.

PS: I hope you are holding off with MFC for a bit. It's one sight where hitting the ground running brings benefits because of cam score. Chaturbate or SM are much better sites for new models to get there feet wet..

Wonderful thank you for the advice :D

1) Depends on what country you're in, and what camsite you're using/what they offer as payment methods. Could you elaborate?

2) There is no one way to look on cam, and that goes for pubic hair too. Some dudes like shaved, some like trimmed, some like hair, some don't care at all. So do what you're comfortable with and works for you. Market yourself, not what you think you should be to fit in. Play up your best features.

3) It matters a lot on what your background walls are, if you have windows/curtains, all sorts of things. Definitely take a look in this extensive thread. Also there's a billion things you can search for here in the top right corner of the page, and you can even search within a thread to narrow your search down to specific keywords. As far as your setup goes, it's a bit excessive to have 4 umbrellas and only 2 light bulbs, but I suppose the variety in umbrellas will give you more options/variety. Don't go overboard if you don't need to, though. Here's a basic light kit off Amazon that'll likely suit your needs. Again though, read through that thread and take into account your room's color/natural light sources/etc. to get a better idea on what works for you.

1 - Im looking at starting out with streamate. I am in Canada as well they seem to offer Check, Payoneer and Paxum to clients not within the US.
2- I like the idea of this alot will make it feel more natural yes.
3-And thank you, I found the one light kit you sent on amazon. There wouldnt really be light in the room until about sunset its a western window there covered by a dark black curtain - weather reasons brr its cold in there!

Hi there,
Thanks lots

Lib
well..
1. I have no idea what the best payment option is however, I do think it is utterly ridiculous that in any 1st world country, this is not simply done by bank transfers. Yes I know there are thousands of banks and thousands of regulations to avoid money being send to other countries too quickly but come on: This is basically an employer paying employees.. It should be as easy as one-two-three.

2. No one will force you to shave or otherwise remove your pubes. Personally: I love it ;) And I know that a: there are more people who like pubes and b: they are making a come-back.

3. Nope, that is not too excessive. The better equipped you can start, the better it will be for your career as a cam model. Some models start in their bedroom with the lights out and only be lit (badly) by either the screen of their laptop or the internal 'flashlight' of their camera. You have an advantage over those models at least so use it ;) By all means try to figure out if you set things up correctly by testing it on skype etc with a trusted friend (you don't have to tell them you are going to go camming.. just ask them if you are visible clearly etc.. or heck.. hit one of the models here up for that.. they are a helpful lot ;) )

1 - Im looking at starting out with streamate. I am in Canada as well they seem to offer Check, Payoneer and Paxum to clients not within the US.
3-And thank you, I found the one light kit you sent on amazon. There wouldnt really be light in the room until about sunset its a western window there covered by a dark black curtain - weather reasons brr its cold in there!

I would go with Payoneer or Paxum then. Streamate has occasionally gotten checks lost for models, and they're a pain in the ass to get resent. I've used Payoneer with Streamate, and signed up for a Global Bank Transfer. Being in the US, when I used it, their payout would be Thursdays, it'd get sent to Payoneer Friday am, and be posted in my bank by the next Tuesday. Not sure if global bank transfer would work for Canada (Payoneer's a bit picky on the GBT stuff, only allows it for certain countries). But worst case scenario, you have them load it onto a pre-paid card. Definitely try for the global bank transfer if you can, as the Payoneer card charges for loads/maintenance.

well..
1. I have no idea what the best payment option is however, I do think it is utterly ridiculous that in any 1st world country, this is not simply done by bank transfers. Yes I know there are thousands of banks and thousands of regulations to avoid money being send to other countries too quickly but come on: This is basically an employer paying employees.. It should be as easy as one-two-three.

2. No one will force you to shave or otherwise remove your pubes. Personally: I love it ;) And I know that a: there are more people who like pubes and b: they are making a come-back.

3. Nope, that is not too excessive. The better equipped you can start, the better it will be for your career as a cam model. Some models start in their bedroom with the lights out and only be lit (badly) by either the screen of their laptop or the internal 'flashlight' of their camera. You have an advantage over those models at least so use it ;) By all means try to figure out if you set things up correctly by testing it on skype etc with a trusted friend (you don't have to tell them you are going to go camming.. just ask them if you are visible clearly etc.. or heck.. hit one of the models here up for that.. they are a helpful lot ;) )
Thankyou for your tips and helpful hints hun!

I am just going to talk about getting paid. @CharlotteLace knows whats up with lighting and camming and all the things really.

I am canadian. I have a US dollars account and get checks from companies that want to charge an arm and a leg to transfer my money. You already don't get a fair conversion so why let them take more dollars? Payoneer is THE BEST is you can get direct transfer with them because the fee is nominal and you can get it sent to your canadian bank acocunt. Because right now CAD is less than USD the ... inaccurate conversion doesnt mean you take a hit, you still wind up with more dollars. When it was the reverse it was a pain. For companies that send checks at no fee and are reliable (mostly just clip sites) I get a check. These sites also charge unreasonable fees for wires, so I set up a high interest US savings account and deposit the checks directly there. If you go with checks, you will want a Canadian US dollar account because it avoids you losing money when depositing the US dollars. I leave the money in the account to gain interest, and until there is a day with a rad exchange.

Another option is through banks like RBC or TD you can set up not only a Canadian US savings account, but an account through them that has a US bank code and everything because that branch is based in the US specifically for Canadians who deal with American dollars. Through RBS I know they call it cross border banking or something like that. This allows you to get access to free wire transfers when a company offers them to Americans.

I am just going to talk about getting paid. @CharlotteLace knows whats up with lighting and camming and all the things really.

I am canadian. I have a US dollars account and get checks from companies that want to charge an arm and a leg to transfer my money. You already don't get a fair conversion so why let them take more dollars? Payoneer is THE BEST is you can get direct transfer with them because the fee is nominal and you can get it sent to your canadian bank acocunt. Because right now CAD is less than USD the ... inaccurate conversion doesnt mean you take a hit, you still wind up with more dollars. When it was the reverse it was a pain. For companies that send checks at no fee and are reliable (mostly just clip sites) I get a check. These sites also charge unreasonable fees for wires, so I set up a high interest US savings account and deposit the checks directly there. If you go with checks, you will want a Canadian US dollar account because it avoids you losing money when depositing the US dollars. I leave the money in the account to gain interest, and until there is a day with a rad exchange.

Another option is through banks like RBC or TD you can set up not only a Canadian US savings account, but an account through them that has a US bank code and everything because that branch is based in the US specifically for Canadians who deal with American dollars. Through RBS I know they call it cross border banking or something like that. This allows you to get access to free wire transfers when a company offers them to Americans.
This is perfect I am currently with TD and willnlook at that for a more secure option instead of 3rd parties! Many a thanks from the land of ehs:)

I would go with Payoneer or Paxum then. Streamate has occasionally gotten checks lost for models, and they're a pain in the ass to get resent. I've used Payoneer with Streamate, and signed up for a Global Bank Transfer. Being in the US, when I used it, their payout would be Thursdays, it'd get sent to Payoneer Friday am, and be posted in my bank by the next Tuesday. Not sure if global bank transfer would work for Canada (Payoneer's a bit picky on the GBT stuff, only allows it for certain countries). But worst case scenario, you have them load it onto a pre-paid card. Definitely try for the global bank transfer if you can, as the Payoneer card charges for loads/maintenance.
Hi Charlotte, thanks for your insight regarding the global bank transfers from Streamate to Canada through Payoneer. This service should indeed be available. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Hi there,
Thanks lots

Lib
Welcome to camming! You are definitely on to a great start being that you've done your research and are doing more (never stop researching). Also, you are willing to be professional with getting the equipment you need.

Yes, Payoneer is perfect for you.

As for shaving, a lot of men like when women are not shaved. I let mine grow sometimes and get some newbies after that who are very generous. Some even say they like it because it's hard to find (most women shave). Also, if you're going to do MFC and you're already on there, take advantage of your New Model Status ASAP. But if you have not broadcasted yet, had only filled out the application, and now deciding to go to the other sites - close your MFC account completely so you can come back with the new model tag. No sense in not using it.

And for your tags, put that you have hair down there, for when people are looking for that. You never know. It might become your little niche.

I will chime in on pubic hair and money. I still need to up my game re: lighting after two years (oh the shame. . . . I will follow others advice though there so thanks).

When I started I only did bikini line waxing (the very outer limits) so I had a full disco bush. The guys loved it, especially on Streamate which I used exclusively back then. I then started getting Hollywood waxes, also fine. I only do it every six weeks so there is always some regrowth. The guys are fine. The bush fanciers tend to get fed up if you take it all off but most guys like a bit going on down there anyway.

Getting paid. I have used UK bank transfers (don't even get me started on the PacNet disaster, I am still in debt), Payoneer global bank transfers (Streamate do this option and only messed it up once in around 18 months where they ended up having to remedy it by dumping the funds in my bank account via Worldpay). I have used the super expensive Wire method via Paxum (see PacNet disaster lol) and a Payoneer Mastercard.

My preference is UK bank transfer (obviously) and if not, Payoneer Global Transfer. Always have a back up method and avoid cheque (I have done cheque once but they seem to be phasing it out).

Last edited:
Reactions: LibertyJemmz717
Regarding lights :

I would suggest to create 2 Skype accounts and broadcast trial shows on 1 account and record them on the other acount.

So you can see what your customer see and make adjustments until you are happy with the result.
Depending on your financial circumstances limit your expenses to an amount you can write off......I guess there is a high amount of camgirls stopping camming because the finacial results are not what they expected....

Otherwise good luck.....

:)

Reactions: LibertyJemmz717
Welcome to camming! You are definitely on to a great start being that you've done your research and are doing more (never stop researching). Also, you are willing to be professional with getting the equipment you need.

Yes, Payoneer is perfect for you.

As for shaving, a lot of men like when women are not shaved. I let mine grow sometimes and get some newbies after that who are very generous. Some even say they like it because it's hard to find (most women shave). Also, if you're going to do MFC and you're already on there, take advantage of your New Model Status ASAP. But if you have not broadcasted yet, had only filled out the application, and now deciding to go to the other sites - close your MFC account completely so you can come back with the new model tag. No sense in not using it.

And for your tags, put that you have hair down there, for when people are looking for that. You never know. It might become your little niche.
thanks for your advice I havent checked out mfc was thinking of sm to start a base and see how it goes. I may check it out however because i find that the girls have the freedom of their own room and its aesthetically pleasing!

thanks for your advice I havent checked out mfc was thinking of sm to start a base and see how it goes. I may check it out however because i find that the girls have the freedom of their own room and its aesthetically pleasing!
That's good. Yes, SM is good and so is CB and LM among many others. Definitely get a feel for what's right for you.

I have a full bush and hairy pits and I'm pretty new, less than 20 hours on cam so far and I make about $25/hour on chaturbate. I have lots of guys tell me they love the hair. Honestly it's because I'm super lazy and don't like keeping up with shaving. But it's definitely a fetish with a fan base, so don't worry about shaving if you don't feel like it

Status
Not open for further replies.