AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OBS available on MFC: HD Streaming!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the other night, I had everything set up in OBS and MFC showed a choppy preview, like Ambercutie said it would. But when I went to broadcast, none of the members could see me! It said "Video unavailable model may be offline" for them. On my end everything looked perfect! I wanted to try it again tonight, but this time I'm not even getting a preview on MFC. ):

This happened to me this evening as well. I'm on a Mac, not sure if that makes a difference!
This happened to me the first night I used it, and I'm on PC. But only 1 of many hundreds of people reported this to me, so I'm not sure what's causing it. I reported it (since I was tester I have fast access) to admins but haven't heard anything since.

I've broadcasted one show since then with no reports of it.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AnnaTyler
So the other night, I had everything set up in OBS and MFC showed a choppy preview, like Ambercutie said it would. But when I went to broadcast, none of the members could see me! It said "Video unavailable model may be offline" for them. On my end everything looked perfect! I wanted to try it again tonight, but this time I'm not even getting a preview on MFC. ):

In the bottom right corner of your OBS window did you see packets getting dropped or simply not being transmitted or was everything green?

I tried it again tonight and this time the members could see me but my video was super choppy and not smooth at all! I tried lowering my bitrate, switching it from software to hardware, but it didn’t help.

I couldn't see a "jumpy" image at all on mfc, it just said "preview not available" so I just dragged my OBS window over the chat box. Other than MFC not being able to post my auto gif and not having a preview on the homepage, it went SWIMMINGLY. Thanks again, Amber, for your wonderful tutorial! Everyone absolutely loved how crystal clear the image was, and said the sound was amazing too .Yay!

I tried it again tonight and this time the members could see me but my video was super choppy and not smooth at all! I tried lowering my bitrate, switching it from software to hardware, but it didn’t help.

Have you profiled your Internet connection to measure the upload and download speeds? speedtest.net is a decent service for doing that.

Have you profiled your Internet connection to measure the upload and download speeds? speedtest.net is a decent service for doing that.
https://testmy.net will give an even more accurate result and is my preferred method of testing, thanks @AlexLady for mentioning it a while back!

I couldn't see a "jumpy" image at all on mfc, it just said "preview not available" so I just dragged my OBS window over the chat box.
That happened to me last night too! I have my OBS window set to "always on top" and keep it over the preview area.

It could be your computer struggling with the encoding. What CPU do you have and what encoding preset do you use?
I have it at "balanced" on OBS . My CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz

My upload is 26.3 Mbps and my download is 2.3 Mbps. I never had a real problem with it when I used to Twitch stream!

I couldn't see a "jumpy" image at all on mfc, it just said "preview not available" so I just dragged my OBS window over the chat box. Other than MFC not being able to post my auto gif and not having a preview on the homepage, it went SWIMMINGLY. Thanks again, Amber, for your wonderful tutorial! Everyone absolutely loved how crystal clear the image was, and said the sound was amazing too .Yay!
You can drag your window over the chat?? Is this on the Model Web Broadcaster? Sorry it sounds simple but I'm confused lol

I have it at "balanced" on OBS . My CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz

My upload is 26.3 Mbps and my download is 2.3 Mbps. I never had a real problem with it when I used to Twitch stream!

You can drag your window over the chat?? Is this on the Model Web Broadcaster? Sorry it sounds simple but I'm confused lol
OK my guess is that you are on a MacBook Pro 15 inch from 2016, so you might want to use the Software (x264) encoder and set the encoder preset to veryfast. Also are you sure you got your upload and download speeds right? Because usually people have greater download speeds than upload speeds. Below are settings that you should be able to run with your computer if your upload speeds are stable at around 5Mbps.
wRDXm5y.png

• Helpful!
Reactions: ladylilith
OK my guess is that you are on a MacBook Pro 15 inch from 2016, so you might want to use the Software (x264) encoder and set the encoder preset to veryfast. Also are you sure you got your upload and download speeds right? Because usually people have greater download speeds than upload speeds. Below are settings that you should be able to run with your computer if your upload speeds are stable at around 5Mbps.
wRDXm5y.png
I'm actually on a Dell Inspiron. I retested and my Download speed was 29 Mbps and my upload was 2.4 mpbs, sorry lol. Should I upgrade my internet?

I'm actually on a Dell Inspiron. I retested and my Download speed was 29 Mbps and my upload was 2.4 mpbs, sorry lol. Should I upgrade my internet?
Ah sorry I somehow mixed you up with AnnaTyler in my head. You need a higher upload speed to stream 1080p. The minimum bitrate for it is 3500 kbps which means you are about 1100kbps from hitting that and you probably want a little more than that just in case you get any dips in speed.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
I finally got it figured out yesterday. It's so wonderful!!! What I understand at this point, is that it is not iPad or Mobile friendly yet. I had a member who could not access on his iPad. I see that MFC has not officially announced it yet, so I imagine they are working on all the kinks.

I'm so excited that it's at least in the works!

Something I forgot to mention in the original post: There WILL be a delay for viewers. They will see a tip come up in the chat, and hear the tip sound/your reaction later. Can't tell if there's an exact amount of time for the delay or if it varies, but I think it's probably like 10 seconds(?) or so.

This is how Twitch operates, too, so anyone familiar with that platform would be used to it.

Something I forgot to mention in the original post: There WILL be a delay for viewers. They will see a tip come up in the chat, and hear the tip sound/your reaction later. Can't tell if there's an exact amount of time for the delay or if it varies, but I think it's probably like 10 seconds(?) or so.

This is how Twitch operates, too, so anyone familiar with that platform would be used to it.
We in Europe are used to a slight delay on MFC already so it shouldn't be a big deal for us. :)

Reactions: Fatquack
Just as an FYI guys, MFC says you can't do privates or groups in OBS yet. They said in an email to me that it will take a couple months before it's able to support privates and groups on OBS.

BTW Thank you AmberCutie for this! I used this to help me set up OBS and it's been working pretty great! A few bugs here and there but it's so great to see the HD stream!

Reactions: AmberCutie
Just as an FYI guys, MFC says you can't do privates or groups in OBS yet. They said in an email to me that it will take a couple months before it's able to support privates and groups on OBS.
Thank you for noting this. I sorta forgot I had planned a group show for this Friday, but I don't want to give up my OBS setup for it!

Reactions: Tesla

Okay, you inverted the upload and download here, but I think you knew that and I am just setting out definitions for clarity. Your upload speed is 2.3 Mbps, and yes that is a potential problem.

For 720P streaming you want to have 1.2 Mbps to 4 Mbps of upload available, depending on other settings. For 1080P you want 4 Mbps to 8 Mbps depending on settings. Regardless of whether you can work around this issue or not, I think an Internet upgrade is something you should consider and at least price out. Here is one random reference I found through Google. Maybe a cable modem upgrade would give you the extra performance without your having to upgrade the service level.

It's interesting that your Stream never has problems. Someone else here might have a guess about why.

This opens up SO many possibilities! Like splitcamming both MFC and Chaturbate at the same time using restream.io!

Gosh this is exciting!

This opens up SO many possibilities! Like splitcamming both MFC and Chaturbate at the same time using restream.io!

Gosh this is exciting!
We were previously able to use xsplit or manycam to splitcam, though. This is more of a breakthrough on being able to broadcast in actual HD on MFC.

Ugh. I had it working FINALLY on monday after a good long while working with it but tonight it started dropping like crazy. It worked for maybe an hour then my regs said it kept going white and then it started to end feed on my end. I had to give up and switch back. :(

Ugh. I had it working FINALLY on monday after a good long while working with it but tonight it started dropping like crazy. It worked for maybe an hour then my regs said it kept going white and then it started to end feed on my end. I had to give up and switch back. :(
Me too. I reported it.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Mara_Jayne
Me too, I got a "stream has ended, reconnecting" twice and the guys just had to refresh to see me again. But they absolutely love the quality of the video and audio.

How do I report a bug again? Click a little bug somewhere on the screen, right?
Last night I had to click the green "Attach Stream" again twice during my broadcast, because everyone lost video. So weird.

I think you'd use models@myfreecamsmail.com?

Click a little bug somewhere on the screen, right?
Oh I forgot about that! Not sure if that or the mail is faster.

Given the new OBS interface for MFC, if you want to split your stream to MFC and CB, what is the best way to do that? Is something XSplit still an option?

So I've followed all of those steps & double checked them... but I can't even get a preview of my stream to come up on MFC, even though I've "attached this stream" in the green font. And when I click to broadcast, it just says Preview Unavailable.

Status
Not open for further replies.