AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

obs webcam video and desktop audio not in sync

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2022
Hi everybody,
First of all I'd like to show my appreciation for this blog and this community!
I'm not yet a webcam model, but I'm getting everything ready to start streaming..
Before starting, I'm running some tests by recording some videos in obs to check the quality.
I have a c922 webcam and a macbook pro early 2015 with mac os Monterey. In the audio mixer I've added music (spotify from desktop) as audio output capture.
I've got the following problem:
The desktop music is not in sync with the video from the webcam (for example while dancing). I coudn't find any thread about this topic, not even in the obs forum.. So I was thinking that maybe someone here experienced the same issue..
Does anybody knows what cause this problem, and how can I fix it?
Thank you in advance!!

Reactions: yummybrownfox
The desktop music is not in sync with the video from the webcam (for example while dancing). I coudn't find any thread about this topic, not even in the obs forum.. So I was thinking that maybe someone here experienced the same issue..

YES, I always have music playing while live on cam. And when I'm later watching my recording of myself on cam lip-synching/singing/dancing, it drives me crazy to see those things not in sync. 👎

Are you adding Spotify as a separate Audio Output? i.e. are you specifying Spotify as the source? If you are (and assuming Spotify is playing through the PC speakers) then try just adding an audio output of the Desktop Audio instead. When I stream an interview using Zoom for instance, I don't specify Zoom as the audio capture source for the other people's voices. I let Zoom play it back to me as normal and capture it all through "Desktop Audio". The only risk there is that it will record system noises such as alerts but that seems like it would be a lot less jarring than the sounds and pictures being out of sync.

Reactions: Vixxen81
Are you adding Spotify as a separate Audio Output? i.e. are you specifying Spotify as the source? If you are (and assuming Spotify is playing through the PC speakers) then try just adding an audio output of the Desktop Audio instead. When I stream an interview using Zoom for instance, I don't specify Zoom as the audio capture source for the other people's voices. I let Zoom play it back to me as normal and capture it all through "Desktop Audio". The only risk there is that it will record system noises such as alerts but that seems like it would be a lot less jarring than the sounds and pictures being out of sync.
Thanks for your replies,

Yes, Spotify was added as desktop audio through Blackhole, which is something you need to add desktop music in Obs when on a Mac.. And I use earbuds to listen to it so it doesn't get captured by the mic (audio input).

Anyway, in the end I've sorted out.. Basically I've run the automated configuration wizard in Obs and used the suggested settings and I don't have latency anymore. Basically I think (not an expert at all) it has something to do with the graphic card, since in the video setting now I have a drastically rescaled output resolution (base canvas is 1920x1080, while output scaled resolution is only 853x480). I'm not sure I'm satisfied with this, but at least now everything play at the same time when recording.

Now I'm curious to know what my quality will be when I'll start streaming. I will run the wizard again for testing the streaming once I'll add the stream key.

@yummybrownfox maybe you can try this automated configuration wizard, if you've never tried, and see what's the suggested settings for your hardware and internet speed. If so, you can write down the settings you have now before doing it, so you can always go back to your old settings if not satisfied.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
you can adjust the audio offset in the audio preferences to re-sync your audio. You'll either need to set something up to monitor the audio while you sort it out or do a lot of recording, checking the recording and making more adjustments.

For desktop system sounds, on windows (I am sure mac will have the same functionality somewhere in the audio settings) you can mute them in your advanced system sound settings, or you can change the audio output for whatever you are using to play music to a different audio device from your system sounds and then set the desktop audio in obs to the same output as the music app. IMO having the music app on a dedicated system sound channel is best since anything you might open that starts playing sound wont get pushed through into obs.

you can adjust the audio offset in the audio preferences to re-sync your audio. You'll either need to set something up to monitor the audio while you sort it out or do a lot of recording, checking the recording and making more adjustments.

For desktop system sounds, on windows (I am sure mac will have the same functionality somewhere in the audio settings) you can mute them in your advanced system sound settings, or you can change the audio output for whatever you are using to play music to a different audio device from your system sounds and then set the desktop audio in obs to the same output as the music app. IMO having the music app on a dedicated system sound channel is best since anything you might open that starts playing sound wont get pushed through into obs.
Ok, I'll try that! Thank you very much for your reply!

I stream YouTube audio in my shows via OBS without any latency (on my 2015 MBPro with Monterey). I set up my audio with the following instructions.

I adjust my music volume lower than my voice. I Set Audio to Mulit Output device when I stream.

I also followed advice from this video.

I consistently have people complimenting the audio in my room.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg