AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

oBS

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my recent speed test for when it was dropping
Oof, that jitter is bad and maybe a reason why you are disconnecting or having bad streams. If all physical connections are okay (if using HFC/cable modem, check all the screw terminals are tight).

One option that MAY help, if it's a common occurrence that your jitter is so high, may be to do throttle your upstream down by 1 or 2Mbps if your router supports upstream QOS adjustments. The reasoning here is that there may be an external limiter to limit the "burstiness" of connections that could be just dropping packets. Throttling the upload yourself will prevent the burstiness, and hence the limiter dropping packets, and a lower jitter.

This is just conjecture and at best, a guess as to what is happening. It is just my experience of Australian internet connections and how upstream traffic bursting over 50Mbps is treated on residential connections, and how manually throttling my upstream to 48Mbps has improved upstream jitter.

• Helpful!
Reactions: BlackWizard
Upvote 0
Oof, that jitter is bad and maybe a reason why you are disconnecting or having bad streams. If all physical connections are okay (if using HFC/cable modem, check all the screw terminals are tight).

One option that MAY help, if it's a common occurrence that your jitter is so high, may be to do throttle your upstream down by 1 or 2Mbps if your router supports upstream QOS adjustments. The reasoning here is that there may be an external limiter to limit the "burstiness" of connections that could be just dropping packets. Throttling the upload yourself will prevent the burstiness, and hence the limiter dropping packets, and a lower jitter.

This is just conjecture and at best, a guess as to what is happening. It is just my experience of Australian internet connections and how upstream traffic bursting over 50Mbps is treated on residential connections, and how manually throttling my upstream to 48Mbps has improved upstream jitter.
Yea Pommster, maybe u know in simple words how he can do what you just wrote above?This is sounds a bit complicated

Upvote 0
Yea Pommster, maybe u know in simple words how he can do what you just wrote above?This is sounds a bit complicated
He said maybe you are using too much upload bandwidth, check if router has settings to limit/prioritize upload bandwidth.

(Speed test tests jitter before upload speed test so for upload speed to be the issue someone would have to be using the upload bandwidth at the time.....well unless he himself has set the obs bitrate ridiculously high)

Upvote 0
It's difficult not knowing what equipment he has and not all consumer routers can limit upload... It's usually QOS (Quality of Service) if it's there. If it's one of the newer mesh systems like Google WiFi or Eero, then it'd be very easy.

Upvote 0
He said maybe you are using too much upload bandwidth, check if router has settings to limit/prioritize upload bandwidth.

(Speed test tests jitter before upload speed test so for upload speed to be the issue someone would have to be using the upload bandwidth at the time.....well unless he himself has set the obs bitrate ridiculously high)
This. Limiting upload to a bit below what nominal upload is can help. Play around with it. Stream is unlikely to require double figures in upstream (if nothing else going on on the network).

Upvote 0
ya the downloads drops to zero the upload is always good but the last speed that I posted all was god but the jitter was high like it showed in the previous that showed the speed test and when I asked about the download speed drooping.

Upvote 0
ya the downloads drops to zero the upload is always good but the last speed that I posted all was god but the jitter was high like it showed in the previous that showed the speed test and when I asked about the download speed drooping.
Just trying to think of what could be suddenly bringing your download to zero. You need both for a stream as there are packets going in both directions. If that happens a lot, I'd suspect the modem/router being faulty? Do you ever get dropouts when watching something like YouTube or Netflix? Though if you get a momentary outage, those may not show a drop due to buffering.

Upvote 0
Reply #75 you said this:
"I do have people sharing my internet but they are not doing much to have it drop to 0 on upload"
and Reply #77 this:
"this is what I don't under stand when I broadcast and my upload speed goes to 0 i can do a ping and it comes back as nothing was lost ?"

So I'm confused....... upload, or download dropping to zero?

Upvote 0
I only have wireless stuff on a Asus router and sometimes that loose connection. My computer is hooked up right to the cable mode.
So you have cable modem & router. Usually most bypass cable modem (bridge mode etc) & use router for all wired/wireless connections. Otherwise they just use cable modem & its wireless if it offers that also.

My guess its something to do with those in your household. Online gaming, music, movies etc will slow others down on a shared connection.

Best test would be when no one else is home & your the only one using the internet. Process of elimination as they say. If then all works, you have your answer why you get issues camming. Another test would be another cam site, not just CB.

Upvote 0
Reply #75 you said this:
"I do have people sharing my internet but they are not doing much to have it drop to 0 on upload"
and Reply #77 this:
"this is what I don't under stand when I broadcast and my upload speed goes to 0 i can do a ping and it comes back as nothing was lost ?"

So I'm confused....... upload, or download dropping to zero?
sorry i might to say download

Upvote 0
I am treads are looking the same,i am getting confused on some of them but and i been putting the wrong thing on some of them but it's the upload speed that is going down to 0 and the download speeds more less stays at the same number

Upvote 0
Bandwidth looks fine. I see that your frame rate drops a couple of times. Can't really say what is happening there. Maybe try to get output resolution to a standard widescreen resolution (720p is 1280x720, 1080p is 1920x1080) and use the NVEnc encoder if you have nVidia video card.
i had both bitrate and FPS drop at same time

Upvote 0
Intermittent faults are the hardest to fix. When it drops are you able to, say, restart OBS and continue streaming? It really could be anything along the chain. You have said it is fine on another computer, right?

My suggestion for things like this is to go back to basics - uninstall and set up again with a clean sheet.

Upvote 0
i had both bitrate and FPS drop at same time
I recall you said that others share your internet connection, this is listed as one of the possible reasons for dropped frames leading to possible streaming server disconnection (see above url).
Worth looking into what their usage involved at the time you saw bitrate and frames drop.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.