AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

oBS

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its seems like it's only Chaturbate.
This could be your ISP filtering the traffic. Have you tried to broadcast to another site? It's possible that your ISP does not allow for livestreaming or they do not allow adult content.

Upvote 0
What's the spec of your your other machine that OBS works on? Identical settings may not be the way to go here.

Things to check would be video drivers (get latest nVidia drivers); encoder settings in OBS - NVENC should be the best nVidia video chipset, otherwise try software encoding if that doesn't work; OBS output bitrate - I think it defaults to something like 10000 Kbps - reduce that down to 4000 and give that a try.

Upvote 0
Do you have the 'dynamic bitrate' adjustment (beta) setting checked in the advanced tab?
I had some issues with that activated, stream would start out fine but as network congestion increased, bitrate would slow right down.

Upvote 0
Spec wise all should be good, i would upgrade memory to 16gb myself, but over all all that should be fine.
This does seem like a weird issue for sure, only happens on CB as stated also, Is it possible you need to update your stream key info in OBS? Maybe try getting a new one from CB & enter that into OBS & try again?
I believe CB would state bad stream key info etc if that was wrong thou. Obviously you have some for of upload speed as you able to post & use websites.
As stated also before, uninstall & reinstall OBS if you haven't done so already.

https://www.speedtest.net/ General speed test, should show your internet speeds, if upload is greater then 5mb all should work.

http://chaturbate.speedtestcustom.com/ if your getting 0 upload from them, then its your connection to them or the server you choose, try different servers & see what one gives you better speeds.
Sorry i forgot to mention memory is 16g

Upvote 0
Remember he said his other computer is not doing it.

If he really is testing at 0mbps my guess is is a wifi driver issue, I haven't seen this in years but his laptop is years old too.

It could be some sort of encoding issue, which encoder are you using? Also what is the exact model of this computer?
I don't use wifi someone did say try to use wifi and see what happens, I feel it's going to be ever worse.

Upvote 0
Have you tried to stream without using OBS? Just using browser

If that works then the problem is with OBS settings.

If it doesn't work then it is your ISP blocking things

I think it is useless trying to fix problems with OBS without doing this to make sure it is OBS issues

Upvote 0
I used splitcam and the settings were set to HD+ and i could only broadcast for only 15mins and only the biterate went down then disconnected.

It sounds like your ISP may be throttling your connection down?

Probably not the case that ISP is throttling if it works on a different machine, but if you have access to a VPN, connect to a node nearest to you in your same country and trying stream again.

Upvote 0
if my ISP is throttling me when i broadcast would i still be able go on websites?
Yes. They would throttle on the type of traffic coming out of your network. As I said in a previous post, try streaming with a VPN. That encrypts all your traffic going out and ISP cannot see the type of traffic you are sending. If you still have issues, then it's not your ISP throttling (though if it works, it is not definitive that ISP is throttling).

Upvote 0
Yes. They would throttle on the type of traffic coming out of your network. As I said in a previous post, try streaming with a VPN. That encrypts all your traffic going out and ISP cannot see the type of traffic you are sending. If you still have issues, then it's not your ISP throttling (though if it works, it is not definitive that ISP is throttling).
I did try the VPN it seemed like it was working but after awhile people said it was black on there end but when I checked it was fine ,so i don't know what that is all about.

Upvote 0
has it even been mentioned what your internet speed is? Up/down speed. If low upload speed thats gonna be you main issue right there. Fast Download doesnt really help with streaming, more the upload speed.

Upvote 0
Too late to add to the above comment, but should have mentioned that you can also use the CB-specific speed test to try different global server locations to compare results.
I found that the detected 'Optimal' one is not always the nearest location, and optimal or nearest don't necessarily provide the fastest, or most consistent, up-and download speeds.
Results can vary throughout the day, so good to try out and compare what best suits your online time.

Upvote 0
Too late to add to the above comment, but should have mentioned that you can also use the CB-specific speed test to try different global server locations to compare results.
I found that the detected 'Optimal' one is not always the nearest location, and optimal or nearest don't necessarily provide the fastest, or most consistent, up-and download speeds.
Results can vary throughout the day, so good to try out and compare what best suits your online time.
I did try using VPN and that worked for about a day then it started dropping again . The funny thing is when it drops I can still go on other sites with on problems.

Upvote 0
I am still having the problem,it seems like every time i try some things it works for a few days then stops working with the settings i tried.

has been mentioned here many times & you always seem to avoid doing this or stating it if you have,
internet speed test

What is your Download & Upload Speed, you should get about the same results from both.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.