AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

on Chaturbate see models my token balance ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2012
I was mostly on MFC and now started to visit Chaturbate.
On MFC I have options to "hide" my token balance from view, I cannot find a similar option on Chaturbate.

In my view a healthy token balance makes me a kind of target and I don't like that.

Any opinions ?

:)

Noone can see exactly how many tokens you have on chaturbate . The models can set to arrange their viewers based on who has the most tokens , but they can't see the exact number and there is no way you could hide this .

Whatever color your username is, a model can determine what bracket of how much you've tipped in a certain amount of time you are in. The brackets are really broad, not detailed at all. You could be the lightest colored blue and not tipped for a really long time but have 1000's of token stored, but a model will never know. I do like how the colors show you who's tipped recently.

Thanks for both replies, that is good enough for me.
If it is not showing the exact amount I am OK with it.

:)

The info a model has about the members is really limited on Chaturbate compared to MFC. On MFC you can see all sorts of information: how many tokens he has, how much he has spent on the site, when his account was opened, and you have a lot of detailed info on the people who have tipped you, for example you can ask to get a list of your all time best tippers and how many tokens they spent on you, etc. Couple that with the friends list and you get to see when a member is online even when he isn't in your room. You get to keep a record of all the MFC mail you have exchanged, PM logs with each member you have ever PMed with and even chatlogs of your public chat. That is a lot of info.

On Chaturbate there is no equivalent to MFC mail, there is no friends list, models will never know if you are online unless you are in her room, there is no PM logs, no token history that I know of and the only information a model has is how much you have tipped her in the past 2 weeks and what color your username is.

• Helpful!
Reactions: GrannyPants
On Chaturbate there is no equivalent to MFC mail, there is no friends list, models will never know if you are online unless you are in her room, there is no PM logs, no token history that I know of and the only information a model has is how much you have tipped her in the past 2 weeks and what color your username is.

Not sure if this is what you were referring to, but Chaturbate will let you download a spreadsheet with every token tipped, for any time period, but it does not have the tipper's name. You can however, access that info, with the tipper's name, by scrolling through manually. It is a long process and would take a good amount of time to add up the total you had tipped. This info is there for at least a month, probably a lot longer, I just gave up because it took 10 minutes just to scroll through a month.

Jeez, I didn't realize they had so little information to help models track stuff at CB. Just another thing that lends to the idea that CB was originally intended to be more of a I get naked as a hobby and for attention not to make a living site that aimed to make $ off of ads, and accidentally stumbled into being taken seriously by legit camgirls.

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
Jeez, I didn't realize they had so little information to help models track stuff at CB. Just another thing that lends to the idea that CB was originally intended to be more of a I get naked as a hobby and for attention not to make a living site that aimed to make $ off of ads, and accidentally stumbled into being taken seriously by legit camgirls.

I'm making a 'wish list' to send to Chaturbate of features that broadcasters would like, and will start a thread when I have a nice list so others can add to it.

Every time I hear people complain on twitter about mfc not adding 'useful' stuff for models, instead adding all the little bookmarks and such...I'm going to send them the link to this thread. ;)

Not sure if this is what you were referring to, but Chaturbate will let you download a spreadsheet with every token tipped, for any time period, but it does not have the tipper's name. You can however, access that info, with the tipper's name, by scrolling through manually. It is a long process and would take a good amount of time to add up the total you had tipped. This info is there for at least a month, probably a lot longer, I just gave up because it took 10 minutes just to scroll through a month.

I was comparing info available to models on CB vs. MFC. I don't know if you have ever worked on MFC but when you are in your room if you click on a user who is watching you it will reveal a lot of info about your interactions with him and it gets stored forever.. finding out what you talked in PM last time is literally 1 click away. Finding out how much he has spent on you is a couple of clicks away. If you want to learn more about his spending patterns or your room in general you can go to your panel and browse your token history.

MFC will let you sort your token history any way you want back to your very first day on cam... by username, by tokens, by day, how many you made in private vs group vs spy vs public chat.. and a million other things. In contrast Chaturbate doesn't help you keep track of info about anyone.

Chaturbate doesn't store PM logs. You can't write notes about your favorite users. It wont store chatlogs or give you any hints about how much a certain user has spent historically on the site. You can't access info about a user that has tipped you. If you right click on a viewers name the only piece of info it reveals is how much someone has spent on you in the last 2 weeks. Obviously if you have enough time, patience, a notebook and a calculator you can go through your tiplist manually... scrolling and adding every single tip he gave you, but this is so time consuming that it defeats the purpose.

I don't know what the intention of CB was giving models such little info about their members but I have to say it is a huge relief and it matches their business model in the sense that you are supposed to rely on masses of people tipping you for things, not just your handful of regs like on MFC. So on MFC you are catering to the specific needs and wants of your 3 whales. On CB you dont need so much info and it is quite liberating to not have a relationship with your tippers beyond common courtesy. The fact that I am not aware of how many tokens they have spent historically makes them keep tipping to maintain the model's engagement. Somehow on MFC members get used to reaching a certain level of rapport with a model and then stop tipping because they expect her to give him the same level of attention in a sort of "I spent $5000 on you last year" mentality... I don't know, oddly enough for me knowing less is better.

I was comparing info available to models on CB vs. MFC. I don't know if you have ever worked on MFC but when you are in your room if you click on a user who is watching you it will reveal a lot of info about your interactions with him and it gets stored forever.. finding out what you talked in PM last time is literally 1 click away. Finding out how much he has spent on you is a couple of clicks away. If you want to learn more about his spending patterns or your room in general you can go to your panel and browse your token history.

MFC will let you sort your token history any way you want back to your very first day on cam... by username, by tokens, by day, how many you made in private vs group vs spy vs public chat.. and a million other things. In contrast Chaturbate doesn't help you keep track of info about anyone.

Chaturbate doesn't store PM logs. You can't write notes about your favorite users. It wont store chatlogs or give you any hints about how much a certain user has spent historically on the site. You can't access info about a user that has tipped you. If you right click on a viewers name the only piece of info it reveals is how much someone has spent on you in the last 2 weeks. Obviously if you have enough time, patience, a notebook and a calculator you can go through your tiplist manually... scrolling and adding every single tip he gave you, but this is so time consuming that it defeats the purpose.

I don't know what the intention of CB was giving models such little info about their members but I have to say it is a huge relief and it matches their business model in the sense that you are supposed to rely on masses of people tipping you for things, not just your handful of regs like on MFC. So on MFC you are catering to the specific needs and wants of your 3 whales. On CB you dont need so much info and it is quite liberating to not have a relationship with your tippers beyond common courtesy. The fact that I am not aware of how many tokens they have spent historically makes them keep tipping to maintain the model's engagement. Somehow on MFC members get used to reaching a certain level of rapport with a model and then stop tipping because they expect her to give him the same level of attention in a sort of "I spent $5000 on you last year" mentality... I don't know, oddly enough for me knowing less is better.
I do imagine it lends to a very different vibe as a cam girl there vs. MFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.