AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

One site vs many sites

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
at MyFreeCams my crowd is more their being into sadism
I feel like MFC is the most Vanilla cam site... strange you feel this way. Unless that's what you were portraying and they just picked up on that.

It depends on your style I feel.

I would say, start with streaming on 1 site, followed by 2 and build it up from there.

Every site is different and have different traffic patterns. Some will be successful for you, some will not.

We stream on 6 sites at once, and only 2 or 3 provide any decent amount $100-200 per day.

Our setup is 2 PCs,
Primary for Streamate, Cam4 using SnapCam.

Secondary for Flirt4Free, StripChat, Chaturbate & BongaCams

Due to us being males, we only have real success on Streamate, Flirt4Free & Cam4.

Chaturbate is volatile, and StripChat & Bonga is mainly freeloaders and petty tips, although StripChat has provided around $300 in the past 3 months, which we make more in a day in the other sites.

Hope this helps.

- James and Aiden

Honestly by multi streaming I feel you are never giving the viewer the right attention, while broadcasting on 2 or more sites how can you respond and fill requests and be interactive?
I stream with my partner and we usually pull in over 400 usd from one site alone in 6hrs. This is because it is pretty easy to see if a model is streaming on more than one platform and then it puts off a number of paying viewers.

Why tip when they can just watch the results of other tippers from other platforms? We tried using two sites at the beginning but noticed it failed as we couldn't give the engaging stream and made less $$

So in my experience it is best to choose one and give it your full attention rather than scattering yourself across many platforms and earning small money.

Reactions: LenaSexton
You’ll also be losing out on potential customers.

We have many regulars that don’t use the other platforms, and no one sees us nude without going private.

We don’t do anything for tips apart from teases - there’s always that incentive to go private, and all other platforms will be put into a fake private mode or switched off.

Pros and Cons, but if you are a private show only person, there’s plenty of pros for having multiple streams.

- Aiden

You’ll also be losing out on potential customers.

We have many regulars that don’t use the other platforms, and no one sees us nude without going private.

We don’t do anything for tips apart from teases - there’s always that incentive to go private, and all other platforms will be put into a fake private mode or switched off.

Pros and Cons, but if you are a private show only person, there’s plenty of pros for having multiple streams.

- Aiden

You made me wonder... I think a model has mentioned to me in the past that you can put yourself into a "pvt" show, by setting it yourself on Stripchat and Bonga Cams, is this the case? And what other site/s offer this same thing? I know on CB you need to use a bot for a "spy for xx per min" or "unhide cam for XX total", etc.

I tried split camming a couple times and didn't like it, but I think it's only because I don't like one of the sites I was on. I think if you have two sites that you do well on, you can do it without issue. I didn't notice a difference in activity or issues with engagement. Definitely took some creativity to make it feel like a cohesive room though. And I didn't allow pvts because I couldn't figure it out so I lost that. For me it's better to stick to one. I'm MFC loyal lol

I have good and bad experiences of models who split cam. Recently I entered a room and she didn't pay much attention to the site I was on. Only reacted to visitors from the other camsite. I tipped for something and she didn't do it. A minute or 2 later, I then tipped her a second time and then she finally saw it. She then took her time for that action so it was ok in the end.

I did have good experiences where the model did react right away. Unfortunately the biggest reason for that is mostly because it's quiet on the other site they're camming.

Busier streams are prioritised with more space allocated for them on the monitors.

We have 4 monitors, with the top 4 earnings sites allocated with a lot space and upsized so we don’t miss a beat.

The other 2 are mainly filled with freeloaders that want a free show, so best to let them argue with themselves, insult us, make demands - so they’re allocated a little portion of a monitor.

THIS APPLIES TO BEING MALE MODEL
Bonga & Stripchat is those underperforming platforms.

Bonga is filled with people constantly sending emojis and making demands.

StripChat is filled with users giving abuse, trolling and guest users, they love to spam. Best to switch Guest users off.
Unless you’re doing a free show, you are hated. LOL

Busier streams are prioritised with more space allocated for them on the monitors.

We have 4 monitors, with the top 4 earnings sites allocated with a lot space and upsized so we don’t miss a beat.

The other 2 are mainly filled with freeloaders that want a free show, so best to let them argue with themselves, insult us, make demands - so they’re allocated a little portion of a monitor.

THIS APPLIES TO BEING MALE MODEL
Bonga & Stripchat is those underperforming platforms.

Bonga is filled with people constantly sending emojis and making demands.

StripChat is filled with users giving abuse, trolling and guest users, they love to spam. Best to switch Guest users off.
Unless you’re doing a free show, you are hated. LOL

Thanks for your insight Aiden, we have had a terribl-ish experience with Bonga and it is exactly as you describe.

To your experience which has been the most performing platform for you guys? I know MFC works with a camscore, so not too sure how it would perform as a secondary cam.

Streamate has been our best platform overall - we don’t need the rest as this provides over 90% of our total income from streaming.

I’m not sure on MFC, due to It being a female only platform. There is a lot of female models who’ve had success on there alone, so definitely give it a go.

If you’re private show orientated, definitely try Streamate/Flirt4Free/MFC combo

If you’re more token based shows, Chaturbate/StripChat/Cam4 combo

Best to add another site one at time, get used to it’s functionality, know how it works before having multiple streams going.

Reactions: surfergirlx
i think its a good to dip your toe in many sites until you find the ones or one that work best for you.

i suggest trying out streamate. more fetish centered than any of the other sites i worked.
So if you're leaning more on being a vanilla performer like no fetish really streamate wouldn't be on the site to go on?

I have good and bad experiences of models who split cam. Recently I entered a room and she didn't pay much attention to the site I was on. Only reacted to visitors from the other camsite. I tipped for something and she didn't do it. A minute or 2 later, I then tipped her a second time and then she finally saw it. She then took her time for that action so it was ok in the end.

I did have good experiences where the model did react right away. Unfortunately the biggest reason for that is mostly because it's quiet on the other site they're camming.

Similar experiences in the past. While I generally don't have problems with models streaming on multiple sites while in public chat, I do avoid them for a couple of different reasons. The first is as you mentioned, less attention and missed tips. The other is more important to me as I have had at least six different models stream my TruePrivate (exclusive and no spying for those not familiar with MFC privates) to other sites. The first time I was forgiving, the second and other times I just end the private, block them then report. it's also why I'm VERY selective on who I do privates with.

Similar experiences in the past. While I generally don't have problems with models streaming on multiple sites while in public chat, I do avoid them for a couple of different reasons. The first is as you mentioned, less attention and missed tips. The other is more important to me as I have had at least six different models stream my TruePrivate (exclusive and no spying for those not familiar with MFC privates) to other sites. The first time I was forgiving, the second and other times I just end the private, block them then report. it's also why I'm VERY selective on who I do privates with.
Oooh no good. I always try my best to make sure I go into "away" mode on whatever other sites I'm on with the exception of the skype platforms I'm on, since I'm not live on those. On our end, splitcamming increases our earnings. It is better to have your hand in several pots than just one. In my opinion for niche models like myself it is a MUST.
Not only that, but when you are a cam model unless you are at the top of the food chain you will have some slow times where there's no member engagement on a particular platform.
If I notice that one site is doing really well while the other isn't, then I will log out of the other site and give the site where I'm having better engagement my full undivided attention. You definitely have to be able to multitask.

Oooh no good. I always try my best to make sure I go into "away" mode on whatever other sites I'm on with the exception of the skype platforms I'm on, since I'm not live on those. On our end, splitcamming increases our earnings. It is better to have your hand in several pots than just one. In my opinion for niche models like myself it is a MUST.
Not only that, but when you are a cam model unless you are at the top of the food chain you will have some slow times where there's no member engagement on a particular platform.
If I notice that one site is doing really well while the other isn't, then I will log out of the other site and give the site where I'm having better engagement my full undivided attention. You definitely have to be able to multitask.

Understood, and while I'm all for models maximizing their earnings in many ways. It's the broadcasting of TruePrivates or exclusives which is what I am absolutely against. It takes a long time for a model to earn trust with me due to the reasons stated, so my list of visited models is pretty small. As they retire or leave for different reasons, I'm generally not replacing them with different models.

This isn't to say that I completely avoid these split cammed rooms as they can be enjoyable from time to time depending on mood. But, I typically do avoid them since most times they are not offering what I typically prefer in a room.

Status
Not open for further replies.