AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

One year since Trump's election

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!
As a Trump supporter I'll take on that task of answering, to explain simple questions(simply meaning to the point and without multiple assumptions in the question).

Why you can look past how childish he's acted publicly both during his campaign and since he's taken office?

It is about getting past political correctness and getting to the point everyone accepts everyone as they are.

The media is paid to make him look bad, so he can't get that impression corrected directly.

So to solve this misperception political correctness is being pushed to total absurdity. The more absurdity the better, because at a certain point people realise how absurd the politcal correctness position is and the issue will fall away. In doing so the media also look absurd.
I disagree completely and especially about the notion of him intentionally trying to get us to a point where everyone is viewed as individuals rather than identities, but thank you for answering so straightforwardly.

I think I just don’t view him as smart enough to be acting absurd just to throw off political correctness. And frankly, in my opinion, a world leader should be doing more important things with their time, because it seems inefficient to just make weird tweets and hope they highlight the problem with political correctness.

I disagree completely and especially about the notion of him intentionally trying to get us to a point where everyone is viewed as individuals rather than identities, but thank you for answering so straightforwardly.

I think I just don’t view him as smart enough to be acting absurd just to throw off political correctness. And frankly, in my opinion, a world leader should be doing more important things with their time, because it seems inefficient to just make weird tweets and hope they highlight the problem with political correctness.
And to me, a world leader should try to speak more eloquently whether it be on Twitter or in speeches. Sounding professional and smart is a presidential attribute that our current one lacks.

And to me, a world leader should try to speak more eloquently whether it be on Twitter or in speeches. Sounding professional and smart is a presidential attribute that our current one lacks.
If you would only have a President that speaks a certain way, then what you are left with is only people of a certain educational background or social class.

Trump at heart is a common man working to bring power to all the people. What better way to connect with so many people by being real, both informally and formally via Twitter. Reading a Trump tweet, especially the informal ones, are for many like reading a tweet from a friend. With all the realness, both good and bad that comes from a real person.

If you would only have a President that speaks a certain way, then what you are left with is only people of a certain educational background or social class.

Trump at heart is a common man working to bring power to all the people. What better way to connect with so many people by being real, both informally and formally via Twitter. Reading a Trump tweet, especially the informal ones, are for many like reading a tweet from a friend. With all the realness, both good and bad that comes from a real person.
Do you think poor people can’t speak eloquently...? Also he fits the social and educational standard that you think is necessary for speaking well, so he’s not bucking the trend. He’s not some scrappy working class guy who made it to the White House. He has all the privilege of a typical politician, just none of the experience or professionalism.

But damn his marketing team has done wonders at convincing people that some rich old “businessman” is representative of a common man.

Also I don’t think it’s a bad thing to hold your leader to a higher standard than your common citizen. I don’t deliver speeches to the world, I don’t influence international relations, etc so who cares if I speak like an idiot. Someone who represents you to the world should do so with respect for what that entails.

Do you think poor people can’t speak eloquently...? Also he fits the social and educational standard that you think is necessary for speaking well, so he’s not bucking the trend. He’s not some scrappy working class guy who made it to the White House. He has all the privilege of a typical politician, just none of the experience or professionalism.

But damn his marketing team has done wonders at convincing people that some rich old “businessman” is representative of a common man.

Also I don’t think it’s a bad thing to hold your leader to a higher standard than your common citizen. I don’t deliver speeches to the world, I don’t influence international relations, etc so who cares if I speak like an idiot. Someone who represents you to the world should do so with respect for what that entails.
giphy.gif

Thank you Gen and Amber for engaging.
I may completely disagree with what you posted but I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

So to solve this misperception political correctness is being pushed to total absurdity. The more absurdity the better, because at a certain point people realise how absurd the politcal correctness position is and the issue will fall away. In doing so the media also look absurd.
Precisely what I experienced after the Charlottesville incident.

No different than the representatives on the left. The real problem is that there truly is no "common person" who represents the "common person" at the federal level. Hell, even local offices now are becoming expensive to run for.

One has to wonder why people spend $10+ million dollars for a position that pays $175K/year. The average net worth of a US Senator is about $500K, with the top 50 being worth about $7.5 million.

Yep "common folk" representing us...

You forgot Islamaphobia, xenophobia, homophobia and few others I can't currently recall.

Get over it!

Hillary lost, yet she's still whining about it much like you're doing right now.

Get over it? There's no way in hell I'm going to get over a white supremacist president who's systematically destroying this country and pitting white American Christians against people that aren't them. You are seriously trying to excuse his shit? You are damn right I am going to insult Trump supporters. You are all complicit in the racist, homophobic, white supremacist agenda of Trump and his party. You are scum. There's no fucking equivalence here. If you cannot see these things, it is because you are choosing to ignore reality. It is because you are part of the problem.

Talking about political correctness is fucking ridiculous. That's just white man speak for "I don't care for these uppity (insert slur here) making me treat them as equals."

A common working man? The motherfucker was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He has never known what it is like to be a common working man. He considers a million dollars a small loan. Are you fucking insane?

No different than the representatives on the left. The real problem is that there truly is no "common person" who represents the "common person" at the federal level. Hell, even local offices now are becoming expensive to run for.

One has to wonder why people spend $10+ million dollars for a position that pays $175K/year. The average net worth of a US Senator is about $500K, with the top 50 being worth about $7.5 million.

Yep "common folk" representing us...
I don’t think (nor did I say) that common folk are representing us, or ever have. But I think it’s a hell of a spin doctor that can simultaneously sell “he’s a super duper successful businessman” and “he’s just a regular guy saying what we’re all thinking”.

Also, why the mention of representatives on the left? It’s representative of politicians on all sides. Specifically pointing to one side is unnecessary. I find it more interesting with Trump than the others because for some reason people think he’s very different and, like I said, aside from having any qualifying experience, he really isn’t.

Get over it? There's no way in hell I'm going to get over a white supremacist president who's systematically destroying this country and pitting white American Christians against people that aren't them. You are seriously trying to excuse his shit? You are damn right I am going to insult Trump supporters. You are all complicit in the racist, homophobic, white supremacist agenda of Trump and his party. You are scum. There's no fucking equivalence here. If you cannot see these things, it is because you are choosing to ignore reality. It is because you are part of the problem.

Talking about political correctness is fucking ridiculous. That's just white man speak for "I don't care for these uppity (insert slur here) making me treat them as equals."

That's not my post you quoted me as saying, it was Bocefish who did that post. Please ensure you're quoting the right person.

Thank you.

I don’t think (nor did I say) that common folk are representing us, or ever have. But I think it’s a hell of a spin doctor that can simultaneously sell “he’s a super duper successful businessman” and “he’s just a regular guy saying what we’re all thinking”.

Also, why the mention of representatives on the left? It’s representative of politicians on all sides. Specifically pointing to one side is unnecessary. I find it more interesting with Trump than the others because for some reason people think he’s very different and, like I said, aside from having any qualifying experience, he really isn’t.

I mentioned those on the left due to there being a common misconception of supports that the Democratic party is "for the common man". When in fact, just as many of them are in the same class as those they demonize for being rich. It was meant as an inclusive statement since so many like to point only to the right wing as being rich and not for "the common man".

Common man billionaire?

The dude speaks worse than me when I'm drinking or nervous, and I failed public speaking twice and had a speech impediment until I was a teenager.

Bringing power to the people? Wouldn't bringing power to the people include a protection for women's rights, not stripping lgbt of their rights, access to affordable healthcare for all, and, I don't know, maybe even power to those in Puerto Rico without attacking their work ethic or local government?

I don't need to be friends with a politician. I just want them to be doing their job, not wasting tax money, and not halting our country's progress.

Although you probably don't realize it, you just suggested that a potential war killing unknown millions is preferable to a mean tweet.
As I said before, the more absurdity the better. That was a great example of the total absurdity of political correctness.
There's a difference between "political correctness" and diplomacy.

Did Saint Reagan say "Gorbachev, if you don't tear down this wall I'll rain fire and fury down on you"?
NO

Our political system needs some MAJOR overhauling. When neither candidate for President can get more than a 50% favorable rating, we need to scrap the election and get better candidates. Get the money out of politics, and set term limits for Congress. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely; we have know this for a long time, but we seem not to care... As for Trump, he is an ego-maniacal, draft-dodging, tax-evading, man-child, who cares way more about the "Trump name" then he ever has, or will, care about the common American...

There's a difference between "political correctness" and diplomacy.

Did Saint Reagan say "Gorbachev, if you don't tear down this wall I'll rain fire and fury down on you"?
NO
"Gorbachev, if you don't tear down this wall, which is a very nice wall, big bricks, good concrete. I want to build this but you know, bing bong bing my HATERS wont let me and the MSM LOSERS will say I did this speech wrong but you all love me, right?
Oh yeah. I'll rain fire and fury down on you like the world has never seen"

FIFY

To be fair, Gorbachev wasn't making direct threats on a regular basis from what I remember.

Went back and read through the repeated threats from NK over the last 10 years. They have been popping off with threats every bit as bad nonstop. I have absolutely no problem with Trump throwing a little of it back at them.

You think he gives a shit?

It is rather amusing how the media can usually get into their own little uproars about his tweets, not to mention the almost palpable disgust he is able of producing in certain liberals like Joy Behar. Anyone that can get her panties in such a twist is ok by me, lol.

With guys like Trump, you're way better off judging them on what they do rather than what they say.

• Wat?!
Reactions: CharlieCharma
You think he gives a shit?
He fucking should. That’s my point.
With guys like Trump, you're way better off judging them on what he does than what he says.
When other countries’ representatives hear his words, they should not have to second guess what he means. Threaten fire and fury on a hostile country at the risk of them taking you at your words.

It isn’t responsible. It isn’t professional. It isn’t safe. It’s immature and dangerous.

It is NOT presidential.

And goddamn embarrassing.

When other countries’ representatives hear his words, they should not have to second guess what he means. Threaten fire and fury on a hostile country at the risk of them taking you at your words.

It isn’t responsible. It isn’t professional. It isn’t safe. It’s immature and dangerous.

Chinese fortune cookie say anyone who wastes time weighing Trump tweets is unbalanced.

It is NOT presidential.

When you become the "other countries police" and know what is being said behind closed doors please let me know.

I mentioned those on the left due to there being a common misconception of supports that the Democratic party is "for the common man". When in fact, just as many of them are in the same class as those they demonize for being rich. It was meant as an inclusive statement since so many like to point only to the right wing as being rich and not for "the common man".

This problem is currently being addressed on the left by a substantial faction of the Democratic party. There are numerous progressive challengers who refuse to take corporate donations getting ready to kick as many rich donors' bitches out of office (Feinstein, Manchin, etc) as possible in 2018. Most of them have joined the Justice Democrats.

This problem is currently being addressed on the left by a substantial faction of the Democratic party. There are numerous progressive challengers who refuse to take corporate donations getting ready to kick as many rich donors' bitches out of office (Feinstein, Manchin, etc) as possible in 2018. Most of them have joined the Justice Democrats.

Like the comparison, or not, the Democrats are in the exact same place the Republicans were when The Tea Party and others formed because many felt they were no longer being represented appropriately. What will be interesting to watch, is how some Democrat representatives will jump on board these grassroots movements to save their asses. Then, when it's over, go right back to what they were doing. Just like what happened with the Tea Party. (Please don't take this down the racism rabbit hole, not discussing that)

People need to understand that those in power will not willingly give up their positions willingly. By this, I'm referring to not only Senators, Representatives and other elected/appointed officials. I'm also referring to the corrupt organizations such as the Democrats and the Republicans. There's a reason why Dems and Reps don't invite Independents or third party candidates to the debates: They run them, and as the Democratic party showed in '16 (and prior), are under no obligation to listen to the membership. They will put in whoever they feel is right.

I know many don't like to think about how corrupt our political process may be. But, hopefully, the past few elections have shown this, and people are starting to take notice. George Washington warned of the two-party political process in his farewell address. Yet, no one seemed to heed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the comparison, or not, the Democrats are in the exact same place the Republicans were when The Tea Party and others formed because many felt they were no longer being represented appropriately. What will be interesting to watch, is how some Democrat representatives will jump on board these grassroots movements to save their asses. Then, when it's over, go right back to what they were doing. Just like what happened with the Tea Party. (Please don't take this down the racism rabbit hole, not discussing that)

People need to understand that those in power will not willingly give up their positions willingly. By this, I'm referring to not only Senators, Representatives and other elected/appointed officials. I'm also referring to the corrupt organizations such as the Democrats and the Republicans. There's a reason why Dems and Reps don't invite Independents or third party candidates to the debates: They run them, and as the Democratic party showed in '16 (and prior), are under no obligation to listen to the membership. They will put in whoever they feel is right.

I know many don't like to think about how corrupt our political process may be. But, hopefully, the past few elections have shown this, and people are starting to take notice. George Washington warned of the two-party political process in his farewell address. Yet, no one seemed to heed it.

I hear what you mean, but leaders of the progressive movement and the Justice Dems have been pretty brutal against establishment dems claiming to be progressives. For example, when Corey Booker jumped on the Medicare for All bandwagon, everybody was like, "That's nice Mr. I-take-oodles-of-money-from-the-health-insurance-and-pharmaceutical-lobbies-and-will-likely-run-for-president-in-2020. We don't believe you'll follow through, but it's a nice gesture." Kamala Harris, another faux progressive, elicits responses along the lines of, "Nice try, sweetie, but we know you've been kowtowing to corporatist donors in the Hamptons. We like people who actually prosecute banks when they get caught illegally foreclosing on citizens and aren't beholden to the prison industrial complex." It'll require constant vigilance, but I think a take over is possible given that the Justice Dems' platform is reflective of what the majority of registered democrats want.

Reactions: KarlaKaress
Status
Not open for further replies.