AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

One year since Trump's election

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not that at all. I am merely pointing out that hate speech exists in this very thread, yet the person/people do not see it as such.

Hate speech in this thread??? seriously. I strongly disagree with Jezebel both in her call for limits on hate speech and calling for violence to oppose it, and partly disagree with Jicky.

But as far as I'm concerned there is a civil disagreement in this thread. How in the hell is this hate speech?

"Nonsense" questions? these are legitimate questions, because the protests seem to become more violent as time goes by.

But, think what you want...
I called it a nonsense question because it was not a real question. No one is going to says "Yes! I think throwing shit and fire was a great idea!". It was a thinly veiled statement equating the white supremacists with the protesters. The entire purpose and goal of white supremacy and other bigoted groups is hateful. Whether they put on their good behavior or not, they're carrying a history of hate and violence in tow. A few folks showing up on the other side and acting a fool near peaceful protesters is not equal to that. There are tons of things to talk about in relation to what is or isn't peaceful gathering. Your question adds nothing to the conversation.

Reactions: Booty_4U
. Lock em all up, him and the folks that beat him down both (and his attackers weren't all neo-nazis btw).
Agreed, let the courts decide.
As long as they had a permit to be out there with their tiki-torches the night before, and they weren't fucking assaulting people, I don't care if they were good or not.
If the KKK gets a permit should they be allowed to burn a cross in your front yard? Permits shouldn't allow for intimidation of the public.
I have also heard complaints from both sides that the whole situation was encouraged by the actions of the police. I haven't seen video evidence of that, but I would bet it is the truth.
I slightly disagree with you here. From what I saw videos of, it wasn't the actions of the police as much as the inaction of the police. One video shows a (known and identified) neo-nazi firing a handgun at protesters from the other side and the police you see in frame never even turn their heads.

If the KKK gets a permit should they be allowed to burn a cross in your front yard? Permits shouldn't allow for intimidation of the public.
You have a right to allow someone to come on your property and do that if you wish, or not. But ideally, in public whatever remains of the Constitution rules, and not what some mob finds intimidating. Or racist. Or xenophobic. Or Islamophobic. Or LGBT-phobic.
If they don't have a right to have their protest with tiki torches, then I have to wonder if a President Pence would consider vagina suits public indecency.
I slightly disagree with you here. From what I saw videos of, it wasn't the actions of the police as much as the inaction of the police. One video shows a (known and identified) neo-nazi firing a handgun at protesters from the other side and the police you see in frame never even turn their heads.
It was accounts I've read, there have been claims that they were ordered to exit in a way where the protesters would have to come into contact with counter-protesters. It may be bullshit, but I have read similar accounts from OWS and BLM in the past.

The man who fired the shot is a piece of work alright, but he did NOT fire a shot at counter-protesters; he fired a warning shot at a man who was using an improvised flamethrower. IDGAF if one is a communist and the other is a nazi; give em the same sentence, chain them together for the duration.

This is being played up for an attack on Trump, nothing more. Trump said there were good and bad on both sides, and it seems like a whole lot of people just choke on the idea he may have been right.

The man who fired the shot is a piece of work alright, but he did NOT fire a shot at counter-protesters; he fired a warning shot at a man who was using an improvised flamethrower.
A warning shot is a shot into the air, not in the direction of an individual (or people). That said, the cops should have done something about the improvised flame thrower before the guy was able to fire a shot.

Today, a gunman randomly fired shots, including spraying shots into a school in Rancho Tehama, California.
Four people are dead as well as the gunman.
That's one year since Trump's election.
The clock on "it's too soon to talk about' guns resets (again).

Reactions: JickyJuly
People that think violent actions against Nazis and the KKK are too much are on the wrong side of history. It must be easy to sit where you are comfortable in knowing you and the ones you love aren't going to be targeted. Real comfortable to be able to sit there and say both sides should exercise restraint when your very existence isn't being attacked.

As far as I am concerned, anyone that stands there and demonizes both sides for violence are Nazi and KKK sympathizers. You are worse than scum.

A warning shot is a shot into the air, not in the direction of an individual (or people). That said, the cops should have done something about the improvised flame thrower before the guy was able to fire a shot.

A warning shot is NOT a shot fired skyward, or into the "air" like TV likes to portray.

Arguing about who was more to blame is a waste of time because neither side will win... very similar to how Hillary managed to avoid any direct responsibility for the Benghazi attacks.

As far as I am concerned, anyone that stands there and demonizes both sides for violence are Nazi and KKK sympathizers. You are worse than scum.
Um, I hate to tell you, but there have been some pretty good Nazis.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilm_Hosenfeld
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Plagge

But at any rate, the last 2 protests I saw pretty much went off a lot calmer. Maybe Charlottesville gave folks on all three sides something to think about. And Richard Spencer's speech at the college in Florida was just one idiot talking into a microphone and a hundred or so more in the audience trying to squawk over him.

It must be easy to sit where you are comfortable in knowing you and the ones you love aren't going to be targeted. Real comfortable to be able to sit there and say both sides should exercise restraint when your very existence isn't being attacked.
You sound afraid.

• Wat?!
Whatever happened to the wall? That feels like a lifetime ago.
http://www.khq.com/story/36844143/c...-land-on-usmexico-border-to-block-border-wall

I'm always dumbfounded when people say Obama didn't boost the economy. Does seriously no one remember The economic crisis that started in 2007?
The majority of the country recovered under the Obama administration.
I was 14 in 2007. Most people I know who support Trump are about my age. So, that's why. We were kids too busy smoking pot and being teenagers to realize what a difference he made.

You sound afraid.
Jizzy, I hope this is ok to say on your behalf. My best friend was born intersex and is looking to get actual surgery all because of this presidency. She has seen more violent threats and awfulness towards her since Trump was elected. Some dude fucking attempted to attack her in a locker room at her gym. Why shouldn't people be afraid and taking a stand about it?

Jizzy, I hope this is ok to say on your behalf. My best friend was born intersex and is looking to get actual surgery all because of this presidency. She has seen more violent threats and awfulness towards her since Trump was elected. Some dude fucking attempted to attack her in a locker room at her gym. Why shouldn't people be afraid and taking a stand about it?
That's fucked. I am sorry to hear that about your friend, I have seen things like that close-up.

But honest to God, I don't see how getting on a bus and either going to protest the removal of a statue, or going to protest the protesters protesting the removal of a statue is going to help matters. And I don't think your friend getting beat up, as bad as that is, makes it ok for somebody else to walk around with club and start assaulting other people.

This is simple human decency.

That's fucked. I am sorry to hear that about your friend, I have seen things like that close-up.

But honest to God, I don't see how getting on a bus and either going to protest the removal of a statue, or going to protest the protesters protesting the removal of a statue is going to help matters. And I don't think your friend getting beat up, as bad as that is, makes it ok for somebody else to walk around with club and start assaulting other people.

This is simple human decency.

No one should be looking for trouble, but I'm not going to shed any tears over a nazi being punched in the face. They matter because it shows that the awful, terrible, racist people of today will not be remembered in the future in good light. Those people whose statues are being protested are bad people who shouldn't be remembered with honor. Those people belong in history books, not memorabilia.

Hate speech in this thread??? seriously. I strongly disagree with Jezebel both in her call for limits on hate speech and calling for violence to oppose it, and partly disagree with Jicky.

But as far as I'm concerned there is a civil disagreement in this thread. How in the hell is this hate speech?

There is a difference between civil disagreement, and making comments which are hate speech. Replace the group mentioned with ones such as LGBT/Gay/Black/Oriental/Christian/etc. and it is no different. Or, are we going to say that hate speech doesn't apply to all, much like some made comments early on that you can't discriminate against white people?

Hate speech, regardless of the group mentioned, is hate speech. Just like discriminatory comments, regardless of the demographics, it's directed at, is discrimination. If we start picking and choosing what is acceptable against certain groups, are we any different than those who say similar to whatever demographics one is trying to protect/stand up for?

No one should be looking for trouble, but I'm not going to shed any tears over a nazi being punched in the face. They matter because it shows that the awful, terrible, racist people of today will not be remembered in the future in good light. Those people whose statues are being protested are bad people who shouldn't be remembered with honor. Those people belong in history books, not memorabilia.
How would you feel if you bought some tampons for homeless people, and someone will decided your transphobia needed to be clubbed out of you?

• Wat?!
I called it a nonsense question because it was not a real question. No one is going to says "Yes! I think throwing shit and fire was a great idea!". It was a thinly veiled statement equating the white supremacists with the protesters. The entire purpose and goal of white supremacy and other bigoted groups is hateful. Whether they put on their good behavior or not, they're carrying a history of hate and violence in tow. A few folks showing up on the other side and acting a fool near peaceful protesters is not equal to that. There are tons of things to talk about in relation to what is or isn't peaceful gathering. Your question adds nothing to the conversation.

My point is that there are violent protests on both sides, and they are increasingly becoming more commonplace and more violent. I asked you what you thought of those who violently protest was for one reason, and one reason only: To see if you turn a blind eye to it from those who support your same views, groups and other things.

Far too often I see people condemn one group for words and actions against the ones they support. Yet, they turn around and make damn near the exact statement towards others. We need to curb this, and work towards a positive solution. We bitch, whine, piss and moan about violence done in the workplace, schools, churches, etc. Yet, some condone violence towards others as a "solution"? Seems rather hypocritical to me. Has anyone thought that perhaps those who are doing the shooting are viewing such actions as their "solutions"?

I do not support those who I know are involved with things such as KKK, Black Panthers, Neo-Nazi's, BLM or anything else who are for the subjugation of a group of people because they are different. I don't agree with the views of many people, and I abhor the actions they may take. But, there is no way I am going to condemn them for their thoughts, lest someone condemn myself and others for ours.

It is not illegal to have thoughts which we disagree with, nor is it right to try and control their thoughts. But, we can take action when said thoughts turn into actions, and words of threats of violence, derogatory or abusive.

How would you feel if you bought some tampons for homeless people, and someone will decided your transphobia needed to be clubbed out of you?
God, you're like the opposite end of the spectrum.

Like, there are morons like you who exaggerate political correctness and people's outrage to willingly ignore what other people go through and stay ignorant.

Then there are the people who would think I was being albietist by calling you a moron.

Both are annoying as fuck, but I'd take being clubbed for being "transphobic" everyday over trying to have an intelligent conversation with you.

God, you're like the opposite end of the spectrum.

Like, there are morons like you who exaggerate political correctness and people's outrage to willingly ignore what other people go through and stay ignorant.

Then there are the people who would think I was being albietist by calling you a moron.

Both are annoying as fuck, but I'd take being clubbed for being "transphobic" everyday over trying to have an intelligent conversation with you.
http://www.wbir.com/article/news/fb...t-civil-war-reenactment-in-virginia/483563444
No idea if this was a hoax or what. But if it is real, it is a serious crime. In the same category as shooting at people, or clubbing them over the head, or ganging up on them for a beatdown.

Trump was right. "You had some very bad people in that group. You also had some very fine people on both sides."

Something else...all this toxic masculinity on display (on both sides) in these little ruckuses, there sure don't seem to be very many people bothered by it. :lipssealed:

Last edited:
  • Wat?!
Had to watch a docu on Trump & Clinton's background (childhood, education, ect.) during my polisci. class. I felt bad for not voting for her (was having health issues during voting day, mail voted for Bernie in primary- but Calif. ballot fraud happened soo..) It was a bit biased, I can admit, bc I'm a woman and finding out what kinda shit her husband put her through and how she had devoted her entire education and life to politics made me feel like she kind of deserved it. I can sympathize with her and I have done my fact-checking research on her.
I also feel like her way of working (confidential, in private) was over sensationalized as "SECRET"

I also got upset that my friends who got me into politics didn't even vote either (during primary and main), so now I'm pretty vocal about youth involvement. I don't really care what people think cus I'd rather not bicker. Young people are so averse to talking about politics and they check out immediately, which is bad bc we've never had so much access to research and information. It's hard when there's a portion of people who are well informed and arguing over valid things, but hoards go to the end of each spectrum not really knowing well enough to even be arguing (they just pick a side, one that suits their values, ect.)

I don't really give a personal shit, but I'm politically active on my own and independently pick political candidates/officials to directly donate to (even if it's just $1 a month z.z I'm broke.) Even if it's a little voice, I still have a voice and a vote, and it's better to exercise that than waste my energy if I'm not at least informing others through my words.

Can we all agree this is the election that keeps on giving?

I don't really give a personal shit, but I'm politically active on my own and independently pick political candidates/officials to directly donate to (even if it's just $1 a month z.z I'm broke.) Even if it's a little voice, I still have a voice and a vote, and it's better to exercise that than waste my energy if I'm not at least informing others through my words.

This is a right we as American citizens still have, yet so many squander it. I'm very firm in that voting should only be for American citizens who show ID proving they are who they say they are. I'd like to go to only having voting on election days, and no absentee or electronic voting at all due to ease of fraud.

Even though I may not agree with who someone voted for. I'll never mock them for exercising their right to vote.

I'm not agreeing on shit cus I'm sick of people dying, going hungry, n stupidly fighting while our incompetent government is too busy trying to #getmunny
>: (

This is a right we as American citizens still have, yet so many squander it. I'm very firm in that voting should only be for American citizens who show ID proving they are who they say they are. I'd like to go to only having voting on election days, and no absentee or electronic voting at all due to ease of fraud.

Even though I may not agree with who someone voted for. I'll never mock them for exercising their right to vote.
I'm more upset over not enough people voting than those who voted. The Millennial turnout rate was shitty compared to the Silent generation, and they're old as fuck and still went to vote.

I feel really guilty for not voting but I was going through a bad health thing that day and didn't have access to transportation.
I agree that just showing ID should be enough to vote. I hated registering to vote and having to decide whether I'd put myself as a Democrat or not. I didnt, because I still see myself as Independent.

I'm super active now, kind of in a way where I'm seeking redemption for not being politically responsible (staying well informed, refusing bandwagons, contributing however much I can through $/voice.

Reactions: Gen
Can we all agree this is the election that keeps on giving?
The election that keeps on disappointing? Yes.

I think either way we'd be disappointed. Not sure if we'd be more embarrassed by Hillary though, seeing as how current POTUS has acted like a kinder-gardener in social media, tweets, and all other forms of communication since being sworn in.

I'd like to go to only having voting on election days, and no absentee or electronic voting at all due to ease of fraud.
Early voting helps those with health issues, disabilities or just work for asshole that won't excuse them from work to go vote.
Absentee have been around for decades. Again it helps homebound citizens and is the only way out military serving overseas to protect us can vote. You surely don't advocate the opinion that those risking their lives defending our freedom lose their right to vote because they chose to serve do you?
I don't believe the electronic machines are secure enough. I remember the old "voting booth" where you pulled the lever for who you supported. However all types of voting methods are able to be changed by those that want to. It's been happening for centuries.

The election that keeps on disappointing? Yes.

I think either way we'd be disappointed. Not sure if we'd be more embarrassed by Hillary though, seeing as how current POTUS has acted like a kinder-gardener in social media, tweets, and all other forms of communication since being sworn in.
Well the one thing I thought she had over Trump was stability.

Now I have no idea what to make of things. Impeach him? Lock her up? He has gone up a little in my view, her way way down. So down, unbelievably down...

I like Rand Paul, Trey Gowdy, and Tulsi Gabbard at the moment.

All the fake news outlets can go to hell. Fox actually had the Uranium One story debunked in the morning, pushed again in the evening. Unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.