AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Only Two Nights In Already Nervous...Advice??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaiaStark

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Apr 8, 2013
So last night was my first night on MFC, and at the end I received a couple tweets from someone letting me know that someone had been recording me and then pretending to be me in another room. Apparently he made a profile of me or something, and also did one on Chaturbate. Last night the guy that notified me on Twitter was telling me to go on skype so that I could see his screen and he could show me wat was going on, but obviously I was sketched out about going on skype with him. He told me I could trust him and to just make a fake skype with fake info just so he could show me. I didn't and I unfollowed him on Twitter. I thought he was just making it up to scam me. Tonight after my show, I decided to look at his Twitter again just to see if he had said anything else, and he had put up the screenshot for me to see. And he told me he used to be an old mod on MFC, and that he managed to ban the guy from Chaturbate and is in the process of getting him banned off MFC and tracking where he lives.

So I'm pretty shaken up at this point, especially since it happened on my first night. Is this common or did I just get some really bad luck right off the bat? Does it seem like the guy that is doing all this for me is legit and trying to help me out? I guess I'm just confused--and shocked! Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks girls.

UPDATE: just now, the guy told me the username of the person recording me. he was in my room earlier I recognized the username. and apparently he got into my computer and has a bunch of info on me and I'm honestly just so scared and don't know what to do.

Not to scare you, but it's possible that guy was just trying to get your IP address off of Skype to try to locate you. There's threads on here about that subject, and there used to be a member on this forum who was obsessed with trying to figure out models' locations. Luckily, that guy has been banned from the forum. I think you should get verified model status on here so you can also join us in the Models Only section. There's threads in that section also about how to protect yourself online.

This is a thread in the General Discussion section. Scroll down some to check out JerryBoBerry's post in that thread. In fact, you should read the entire thread when you have time.
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... &start=210

he could have linked you to the chaturbate room - to show you what was going on. And given you the guys MFC details etc. There was no need to skype with you.

There's no such thing as 'mod' on mfc. There are admins and they ALWAYS have admin in their name (no member can register with admin in their name). They are paid staff.

One other thought. If you can take screenshots of where ever he told you he use to be a mod you should do that, along with all his other messages, and send them to the real admins. Pretending to be one is against the rules for members. That alone could get his account deleted. Let them deal with his ass.

yummybrownfox said:
Not to scare you, but it's possible that guy was just trying to get your IP address off of Skype to try to locate you.

That's the first thing I thought of when I read your post. If you're going to use Skype for camming (not that you was going to in this instance) please search the forum...there's a wealth of information about protecting yourself when using Skype ;)

This guy is without a doubt one of the many mfc predators. If there is "another member" saying stuff about you elsewhere, I would imagine it's him again on another account. Mfc is not always like this, but there are many guys who do this to new models. What he hopes to get out of it I don't know. But it seems he just wants to mess with your head and get attention from it. Report to mfc and ban him. Never speak to him again. Chances of someone recording you on your first night are slim and if they were he would not know about it.

Thing you have to remember about MFC is that in most work places people will be a little bit more considerate of you, people will show you the ropes with no ulterior motives other than to be nice and help out. People will be friendly and try and make you feel comfortable.

Mfc is not like that. For a new model Mfc is a pit full of vultures. People who try and "help" you will 99% of the time be trying to get something out of you. Imagine it's more like someone going "oh you have something on your skirt..." pretending to be nice and the pulling it up so when you walk around everyone can see your underwear. They are bullies. They're trying to manipulate, get free stuff etc. They know you're vulnerable, that you're new, essentially vultures will occasionally stumble across a more long standing models room, usually to be chased off almost instantly, whilst in a new unexperienced models room, they thrive. We have ALL been there.

Fortunately it gets better. There are some idiots on mfc but there are also some really amazing people! You have taken the first and best step you could of into becoming a better more confident cam model by coming to this forum! So well done!
Read the models only section for advice, help and support, it is the best guide to camming you could get! some of the better part of mfcs members are here in the public section who I recommend getting to know and who'll maybe help restore your faith in mankind! (not always, sometimes you'll want to throw things at them, but most of the time they're pretty awesome!)

Good luck with the idiot! And don't worry, relax, continue to trust your instincts like it seems you've already been doing, remember that YOU are in control of YOUR room. Members cannot find out any of your info from Mfc alone. It's best to check through everything else and make sure nothing else is showing anyway. Being recorded sucks but it is not the end of the world, and also really doesn't happen that often so try not to worry about it. Unfortunately it is a part of camming. And the ban button is your friend! Work your way around the vultures with casual relaxed humour and if they get to be too much then imagine the ban button is a shotgun. You can ban people for whatever reason you want, so if someone makes you feel uncomfortable get rid of them! And I don't know if this guy has been tipping you or not, but if he hasn't he's been getting a hell of a lot of free attention from you. I recommend NEVER giving out free attention. Be polite and friendly in the room, but pm's should be strictly for tippers.

MaiaStark said:
So last night was my first night on MFC, and at the end I received a couple tweets from someone letting me know that someone had been recording me and then pretending to be me in another room. Apparently he made a profile of me or something, and also did one on Chaturbate. Last night the guy that notified me on Twitter was telling me to go on skype so that I could see his screen and he could show me wat was going on, but obviously I was sketched out about going on skype with him. He told me I could trust him and to just make a fake skype with fake info just so he could show me. I didn't and I unfollowed him on Twitter. I thought he was just making it up to scam me. Tonight after my show, I decided to look at his Twitter again just to see if he had said anything else, and he had put up the screenshot for me to see. And he told me he used to be an old mod on MFC, and that he managed to ban the guy from Chaturbate and is in the process of getting him banned off MFC and tracking where he lives.

So I'm pretty shaken up at this point, especially since it happened on my first night. Is this common or did I just get some really bad luck right off the bat? Does it seem like the guy that is doing all this for me is legit and trying to help me out? I guess I'm just confused--and shocked! Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks girls.

UPDATE: just now, the guy told me the username of the person recording me. he was in my room earlier I recognized the username. and apparently he got into my computer and has a bunch of info on me and I'm honestly just so scared and don't know what to do.

Ask yourself how this "helpful mod" could possibly know this.

If you have any pictures on your profile that you have online connected to your real name, get those pictures off your profile. I have separate picture folders on my computer for real life and for camming, and never repeat pictures between the two, so that there's no way a person could track me down that way. If he has any info on you, it's not from getting into your computer, it's from something you put out there which allowed him to track you down. Be really careful about what papers are visible in your camroom, and what you show on camera.

More likely, he was just saying it to scare you. He probably doesn't have any info on you at all. Just in case, make sure you screen shot this with time stamps and all so that if it does escalate, you have proof. And definitely tell MFC admin about this, they probably can't do anything unless you have his MFC name (you said this was all through twitter, right?), but they can search to see if they can find out his mfc name.

Next, you can't know that the person he called out really was doing that. Think carefully, did that person say or do anything while in your room? If not, banning him might make you miss out on a good relationship later. A lot of the really great guys like to take a day or two of lurking in a model's room before joining the fun. If he was interacting, then the accuser could be jealous of interactions that happened between you and the member. Or, the member could be calling himself out to see if you'll ban him (I'm still thinking you don't know his MFC name, if you do, then ignore that conjecture).

The best thing you could've done at the time was to ask for the model's name. If he gave it to you, and there really was the account, then you could go through admin to get it down. But, since he already claimed to have gotten it taken care of, most likely the user he named was either himself or an innocent stand-by person, and the model accounts never existed. He's looking to get recognition from you, and hopefully a skype show where you'll do unspeakable acts for him.

Good luck!

MaiaStark said:

Hi Maia,
not exactly the perfect start on MFC ......

As mentioned by others there are plenty of dimwits around who will try all kind if BS, but there are also plenty of nice guys just looking for a good time :)

Regarding recording, this happens on the member PC who is looking at you, there is no way that someone else could know if I record you or not, maybe if I post the vids somewhere with my MFC username, but there is nothing you can do about...

Regarding getting into your computer, that would require really a bit of skill and some stupid actions on your side, like opening attachments with dodgy content ( I hope you have a decent Antivirus program running ? )
Without serious proof I would not belief any claims in this direction.

Over time you will get a feeling which members are OK and if you built up a couple of regulars in your room they will be happy to provide advice if you have doubts about certain things going on ...

I hope you will have a good time at MFC

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.