AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Payment Methods

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

willx

Cam Model
Jul 9, 2021
Toronto, Canada
linktr.ee
Twitter Username
@willyumxxx
Streamate Username
willyumx
Chaturbate Username
willyumx
I'm wondering what payment methods performers are using on Streamate.
I am from Canada and recently had to change out the direct wire transfer deposit option from Worldpay since they are now unable to process Streamate payments to performers for whatever reason.

I am now registered with MassPay as per Streamate's recommendation and although it's an instant turnaround to get my earnings, I'm extremely disappointed.
Although there is only a $4 fee per transaction (vs the previous $25 fee from Streamate), the exchange rate from USD to CAD is completely ridiculous and inaccurate no matter how many times I refresh the payment transaction.
Depending on the amount I'm transferring, I lose anywhere from $100-$200+ on my earnings, plus the $4 transaction fee.

I contacted MassPay and they gave me zero explanation for why their exchange rate is inaccurate other than to keep refreshing for a better rate that never seems to be offered and does absolutely nothing in giving anywhere near the correct rate.
For example, in Canada currently 1 USD = 1.27 CAD whereas the rate given by MassPay is ALWAYS between 1 USD = 1.21/1.22/1.23 CAD at most which is a HUGE loss the more your earnings are and really unfair considering the % Streamate already takes. How many hits do I really have to take?? Just becoming really frustrating after months of lost income for no reason and no explanation from MassPay.

What is everyone else's experience with the payment methods? Is there is a better alternative in terms of getting an accurate exchange rate from one of the other options before I start trying each one and having to wait for the approval from Streamate.
Please let me know - keeping in mind I am in Canada so it must be compatible with converting my earnings from USD to CAD bank.
Appreciate any feedback, thank you!! 😓

perfect! I also emailed Liz about setting up the account. This seems like the best way to go unless we can some how pressure for cheques back.

I finally got Masspay to work, even though they never responded to my emails lol . I was able to transfer from my masspay account to Canadian bank account but the exchange rate is awful :( 1 usd = 1.23 while the current rate is 1.28. bull. I wanted to initially transfer to my crypto wallet and use USDC since its true dollar value but of course that option was not working on Masspay.
Definitely sounds like the best option.

That was my exact problem with MassPay. When I questioned why their rates were so inaccurate and not in line with the current exchange rates they blatantly ignored me and I have never been able to hear back from them. The only response regarding the rates that I got was to just keep refreshing but they don't answer me about why they never match up with the current rates - sounds like a scam of a business, I just want an explanation since it is my money.
Since then, they've transferred my most recent earnings however I never received them. Still waiting to hear back, i'm missing over $1k of funds that they won't acknowledge. I'm extremely upset and want my money!

Upvote 0
Just got an update about my 'missing' funds from MassPay - although no response from support directly, the funds were transferred back to my account.
Interesting thing with MassPay rates is I just tried transferring the same amount and was given the same bad rate of 1.23 - but at $4 less than the original quote last time. Makes no sense, the same dollar value at the same rate but not the same conversion amount.
What's with the inconsistencies?? Streamate should really consider finding an alternative merchant for Canada and other regions instead because MassPay has been a CRAP experience sadly enough.

Upvote 0
I am from Canada and recently had to change out the direct wire transfer deposit option from Worldpay since they are now unable to process Streamate payments to performers for whatever reason.

I am now registered with MassPay as per Streamate's recommendation and although it's an instant turnaround to get my earnings, I'm extremely disappointed.
Although there is only a $4 fee per transaction (vs the previous $25 fee from Streamate), the exchange rate from USD to CAD is completely ridiculous and inaccurate no matter how many times I refresh the payment transaction.
Depending on the amount I'm transferring, I lose anywhere from $100-$200+ on my earnings, plus the $4 transaction fee.

I contacted MassPay and they gave me zero explanation for why their exchange rate is inaccurate other than to keep refreshing for a better rate that never seems to be offered and does absolutely nothing in giving anywhere near the correct rate.
For example, in Canada currently 1 USD = 1.27 CAD whereas the rate given by MassPay is ALWAYS between 1 USD = 1.21/1.22/1.23 CAD at most which is a HUGE loss the more your earnings are and really unfair considering the % Streamate already takes. How many hits do I really have to take?? Just becoming really frustrating after months of lost income for no reason and no explanation from MassPay.

What is everyone else's experience with the payment methods? Is there is a better alternative in terms of getting an accurate exchange rate from one of the other options before I start trying each one and having to wait for the approval from Streamate.
Please let me know - keeping in mind I am in Canada so it must be compatible with converting my earnings from USD to CAD bank.
Hi, I know you were finally succesful. I just wanted to check a few things with you. I have a USD esavings account now. Can I use that or no? I take it my account is different than the cross border one, but why do you have both? Must be chequing? Also where it says bank, do I put my own bank, or the JP MORGAN CHASE bank? I see both are mentioned in the RBC ACH material. Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi, I just wanted to check a few things with you. I have a USD esavings account now. Can I use that or no? I take it my account is different than the cross border one, but why do you have both? Also where it says bank, do I put my own bank, or the JP MORGAN CHASE bank? I see both are mentioned in the RBC ACH material. Thanks
I had to open a cross-border account specifically because that one pertains to the US banking address in order for it to correspond with the ACH account. Not sure what the difference is with a USD esavings account, but i'm assuming that is part of the CDN RBC branches and not linked to a US address RBC bank.

I have my local RBC account and then opened the cross border account and linked them in order to do the transfers online, you can switch between US RBC accounts and CDN.
Mine in ACH is listed as RBC BANK (GA) - assuming GA is for Georgia state, their branch location.
Hope that helps you out in some way, but I would probably look into the cross border account I believe that's what you will need.

Upvote 0
I had to open a cross-border account specifically because that one pertains to the US banking address in order for it to correspond with the ACH account. Not sure what the difference is with a USD esavings account, but i'm assuming that is part of the CDN RBC branches and not linked to a US address RBC bank.

I have my local RBC account and then opened the cross border account and linked them in order to do the transfers online, you can switch between US RBC accounts and CDN.
Mine in ACH is listed as RBC BANK (GA) - assuming GA is for Georgia state, their branch location.
Hope that helps you out in some way, but I would probably look into the cross border account I believe that's what you will need.
Thanks. That is what I needed to know. It says intermediary bank is JP MORGAN CHASE on my paper, and bank address just says RBC ROYAL BANK, which is weird. I want to keep it in USD, so I assume I can link it to that one.

Upvote 0
Thanks. That is what I needed to know. It says intermediary bank is JP MORGAN CHASE on my paper, and bank address just says RBC ROYAL BANK, which is weird. I want to keep it in USD, so I assume I can link it to that one.

Mine isn't working. They said RBC was wrong bank to enter, and I need the Chase Manhatten bank in there. Also that my routing number for the USA wasn't right, but I went to the bank and got all the info. Liz said I need the US bank, not Canadian one, but they have a swift number, not routing. That doesn't fit. So frustrating.

Upvote 0
Agreed!
I'm still on the lookout for the best banking option to proceed before contacting Liz. Last thing I want is to put effort in all these account changes that then can delay my payment from being processed, only to find out i'm only saving a few bucks. Really frustrating since you are then being taxed come tax season in a few months so that's another hit - all the hard work and earnings keep dwindling down.
I did everything you did, but Liz said it is wrong. Did you use your banks routing number? She said it is not real, but I sent her the bank paper showing that it is real. I am SO frustrated. Where yours said RBC, she said it should be Chase. GRRRRRR

Upvote 0
I did everything you did, but Liz said it is wrong. Did you use your banks routing number? She said it is not real, but I sent her the bank paper showing that it is real. I am SO frustrated. Where yours said RBC, she said it should be Chase. GRRRRRR
Strange, I've been receiving my earnings in my account.. Unless you haven't opened a cross-border account? Not sure but aside from my account number here's what I've inputted:
Bank Name: RBC BANK (GA)
Routing Number: 063216608

Upvote 0
Strange, I've been receiving my earnings in my account.. Unless you haven't opened a cross-border account? Not sure but aside from my account number here's what I've inputted:
Bank Name: RBC BANK (GA)
Routing Number: 063216608
Hi, I finally got approved. Mine was a little different. My US bank was Chase Morgan, and I had to use the my banking info connected to my account number, so it had an extra 5 numbers. Anyways they said it is good to go, and I am just waiting for my first one. Yeah! May I ask how much the bank fee was for the ACH?

Reactions: willx
Upvote 0
Hi, I finally got approved. Mine was a little different. My US bank was Chase Morgan, and I had to use the my banking info connected to my account number, so it had an extra 5 numbers. Anyways they said it is good to go, and I am just waiting for my first one. Yeah! May I ask how much the bank fee was for the ACH?
It's a $5 transfer fee for ACH.

Upvote 0
It's a $5 transfer fee for ACH.
Great. But sadly it isn't working again. Liz said it was approved, and I kept waiting for my money, but then it says they put an administrative hold on it again. I did it just like you did, but they said it was wrong, but their way isn't working either. Your's is working for you. So it seems that is correct. oh my. Two checks behind now.

Upvote 0
Great. But sadly it isn't working again. Liz said it was approved, and I kept waiting for my money, but then it says they put an administrative hold on it again. I did it just like you did, but they said it was wrong, but their way isn't working either. Your's is working for you. So it seems that is correct. oh my. Two checks behind now.
Oh no! Sorry to hear that, not sure why it's isn't working for you...
Again, I opened a local CDN RBC account and I also opened a cross border USA account and had my payments deposited into the USA one which is the banking info I provided on the SM form.
Other than that, I'm not sure why yours isn't going through 😟 If you haven't already, try calling the RBC USA customer service line and asking them for the info and cross-referencing what you have input on the SM form.

Upvote 0
Again, I opened a local CDN RBC account and I also opened a cross border USA account and had my payments deposited into the USA one which is the banking info I provided on the SM form.
Other than that, I'm not sure why yours isn't going through 😟 If you haven't already, try calling the RBC USA customer service line and asking them for the info and cross-referencing what you have input on the SM form.
Here is what they are saying. Where I put the RBC bank, they wanted the Chase bank. My bank routing number, that the bank printed for me, they said wasn;t real, and the account, wasn't right. So I had to add my the whole bank account number, (cross border account) plus all the other numbers, except routing, as if the bank acount number was like 10 numbers instead of 6 or whatever. Then they said, take the hyphen out, so I did. I used the same routing number, with the Chase bank as used with RBC. Then they said, perfects, go for it. And then it got closed again. I had ubered up to the bank to get a sheet printed out, with all the correct info. Support said they are wrong. So I will start trying again.

Upvote 0
Hi again Will, so now I have opened the correct account. They had me in the wrong one, but I remembered you said a Georgia account. Now here is the thing. I have been on the phone for almost 3 hours, and i have been hung up on by mistake 4 times while on hold., and the final person gave me the RBC address as being in Raliegh North Carolina. Is that correct? He said they changed it a while ago. They still call it RBC Georgia though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi again Will, so now I have opened the correct account. They had me in the wrong one, but I remembered you said a Georgia account. Now here is the thing. I have been o the phone for almost 3 hours, and I have been hung up on by mistake 4 times while on hold., and the final person gave me the RBC address as North Carolina. Is that correct?
What a hassle, I hope you getting it working after all that!
North Carolina does sound accurate - the bank address I had:

RBC Bank (Georgia), N.A., P.O. Box 90248, Raleigh, North Carolina, 27615 USA

Upvote 0
There's a few options. I'm also from Canada and I'm really cheap about fees lol. I get paid by cheque which most people I know actually hate. But I loathe all the fees associated with other methods of payment. Is you don't like waiting on snail mail, I suggest opening a proper us bank account (not a Canadian bank account in USD) and getting direct deposit. But for me, I'm not willing to pay the 50 bucks to get my money faster. I'm a penny pincher 😅 I like all that cash to go straight into my savings account, not to greedy companies lol
I need some help.
There's a few options. I'm also from Canada and I'm really cheap about fees lol. I get paid by cheque which most people I know actually hate. But I loathe all the fees associated with other methods of payment. Is you don't like waiting on snail mail, I suggest opening a proper us bank account (not a Canadian bank account in USD) and getting direct deposit. But for me, I'm not willing to pay the 50 bucks to get my money faster. I'm a penny pincher 😅 I like all that cash to go straight into my savings account, not to greedy companies lol
Ok but are you in Canada? The cheque option is not available for Canadian models on Streamate...unless that recently changed because the haven't updated that on their website.

Upvote 0
Hey! I know this thread is old but I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm a Canadian model with Streamates that gets paid via Masspay. Just wondering what the minimum payout amount is? I have mine set to $100 but could it be lowered? I haven't been able to go on very much lately 😞
Thought I would ask before I start noodling around with the settings and potentially delaying get paid out.
Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
Hello...Good day.

I recently got approved in streamate. There are 2 payments available to my area. MassPay and Cosmopayment

Masspay isnt working anymore as i can see and the links are not working either
Cosmopayment isnt supported in my area.

So what can i do? I am ready to broadcast in streamate but i cannot set my payment method because none of them are working
I emailed support and are not very helpfull...not even close

Upvote 0

Hello I was using Skrill it was so good I don't know why they Removed in 1 January 2023

Upvote 0
Hey! I know this thread is old but I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm a Canadian model with Streamates that gets paid via Masspay. Just wondering what the minimum payout amount is? I have mine set to $100 but could it be lowered? I haven't been able to go on very much lately 😞
Thought I would ask before I start noodling around with the settings and potentially delaying get paid out.
Thanks in advance!
Streamate payment methods sucks they don't pay us properly.

Upvote 0
Yep...skrill was removed...masspay fraud...cosmo not available everywhere...and few others (paxum, wire etc.) not available to everyone....and support is like talking to an alien....others things you send other things they answer

Upvote 0
Hello...Good day.

I recently got approved in streamate. There are 2 payments available to my area. MassPay and Cosmopayment

Masspay isnt working anymore as i can see and the links are not working either
Cosmopayment isnt supported in my area.

So what can i do? I am ready to broadcast in streamate but i cannot set my payment method because none of them are working
I emailed support and are not very helpfull...not even close
Hi, I don’t know if this will help though
After skrill was removed I also had the two options left and CosmoPayment isn’t available in my country so I just had to go with Masspay cause I had no other option-charges 25$ to withdraw to my bank account
I just had to go on payment method on my SM profile and key in my email address associated with my bank account and streamate and that was all…
I’ve been seeing a lot of people say Masspay is a scam but it hasn’t happened to me…when I received my payment I directly withdraw to my bank asap…I check on from Wednesday to Thursday every time to confirm I’ve received

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
I’ve been seeing a lot of people say Masspay is a scam but it hasn’t happened to me…when I received my payment I directly withdraw to my bank asap…I check on from Wednesday to Thursday every time to confirm I’ve received

Agreed. MassPay is not a scam. I’ve used it to receive payments (instant payouts), and have always received the money…as well as e-mail notifications when I’ve been paid.

Upvote 0
Agreed. MassPay is not a scam. I’ve used it to receive payments (instant payouts), and have always received the money…as well as e-mail notifications when I’ve been paid.
I second this. Masspay is not a scam. I use next day deposit and i have also used sepa with them and so far things have been fine.
Other than one delayed payment around a bank holiday, i never had issues with them.

*Knocks on wood*

Upvote 0
A few months ago MP had serious issues sending payment to EU and UK performers, more or less overnight they encountered an issue with the payment processors. As far as I am aware they have never been able to reinstate their services to these countries. Quite a few performers felt they had been literally dropped in it, and felt at that point unsupported. This was after SM recommended MP when they dropped direct wire transfer to the EU & UK.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.