AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Payment on Skype

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PunkInDrublic said:
I get the reason for being vague and still don't really get why some models feel Skype is somehow less safe than any cam site ever.

I guess I don't really know what to say to that without going into specifics. Nobody is trying to say that camsites don't have flaws and security issues of their own, but your average dude isn't going to be able to figure those out, ya know? Skype is just different.

I don't know, I think that even if we were willing to explain it, you (general you, not you specifically) still wouldn't get it. You guys aren't the ones being stalked, harassed and threatened on a regular basis. I realize it probably sounds crazy and paranoid, but it's real life for some of us (not me personally, but others) and you just have to trust that there are significantly different safety issues.

AllisonWilder said:
I guess I don't really know what to say to that without going into specifics. Nobody is trying to say that camsites don't have flaws and security issues of their own, but your average dude isn't going to be able to figure those out, ya know? Skype is just different.
Makes sense, Skype is just easier I guess.

PunkInDrublic said:
AllisonWilder said:
Makes sense, Skype is just easier I guess.

Much easier... I know that a lot of models who do regular skype shows invest in a VPN, but for the average model not selling more than a few skypes every now and then to regulars, or for models who don't know about the safety flaw, they usually don't bother. Hacking onto a camsite and finding personal information... that sounds pretty difficult and I think if it were easier it would happen an awful lot. Members finding out a models location from Skype shows... that does happen a lot.

Reactions: PunkInDrublic
Oh man, I really hope you've re-read this thread after posting it because if not, you've already been scammed. Members mentioning other payment options on MFC just wants a FREE show because they can easily chargeback and you gave them a free show. I just came back to MFC and even though i have been busy with school n everything, every skype show i do is PREPAID VIA MFC TOKENS and i always always use a VPN. Besides TOKENS helps your camscore...

Reactions: Oliviamayhem
Ryidia said:
Oh man, I really hope you've re-read this thread after posting it because if not, you've already been scammed. Members mentioning other payment options on MFC just wants a FREE show because they can easily chargeback and you gave them a free show. I just came back to MFC and even though i have been busy with school n everything, every skype show i do is PREPAID VIA MFC TOKENS and i always always use a VPN. Besides TOKENS helps your camscore...
I have ! Thank you so much. I have not sped yet as these dudes don't even want to pay for the UN once I say ok.

Isabella_deL said:
Much easier... I know that a lot of models who do regular skype shows invest in a VPN, but for the average model not selling more than a few skypes every now and then to regulars, or for models who don't know about the safety flaw, they usually don't bother. Hacking onto a camsite and finding personal information... that sounds pretty difficult and I think if it were easier it would happen an awful lot. Members finding out a models location from Skype shows... that does happen a lot.
Random but if a model is having troubles with a creep/stalker it is much more likely that he got the info from the site she works on. Oh and lttp but Happy Birthday!

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
PunkInDrublic said:
Random but if a model is having troubles with a creep/stalker it is much more likely that he got the info from the site she works on. Oh and lttp but Happy Birthday!

Thanks! :-D

I've never heard of any member accessing info from myfreecams, it usually tends to be information given out on twitter, wishlists, paypal and Skype with no VPN that seems to be the big source for creeps. Scary the idea of someone being able to access that info... then again, even with that info you'd never actually be able to find me.... all my info is registered to an address no one in my family lives anymore, all post gets redirected to another location and then picked up by a family member and manually sent to me. According to any paperwork I don't live anywhere near where I live. All google picks up with my name is orienteering results at age 9.... and I'm not going to lie to you.... the results weren't good... I have the navigation skills of a blind gerbil.

I could be wrong, but he may have been talking about information models give away on cam sites just in casual conversation. It's awfully hard to be guarded at all times, and models sometimes forget who all is listening.

Isabella_deL said:
I've never heard of any member accessing info from myfreecams, it usually tends to be information given out on twitter, wishlists, paypal and Skype with no VPN that seems to be the big source for creeps. Scary the idea of someone being able to access that info... then again, even with that info you'd never actually be able to find me.... all my info is registered to an address no one in my family lives anymore, all post gets redirected to another location and then picked up by a family member and manually sent to me. According to any paperwork I don't live anywhere near where I live. All google picks up with my name is orienteering results at age 9.... and I'm not going to lie to you.... the results weren't good... I have the navigation skills of a blind gerbil.
It happens but maybe it isn't as popular a method as I thought.
Sevrin said:
I could be wrong, but he may have been talking about information models give away on cam sites just in casual conversation. It's awfully hard to be guarded at all times, and models sometimes forget who all is listening.
Naw meant info from the models account.

So I'm about to take this off my profile I think but just wanted input first. I get asked, like all models I'm sure, about skype a lot & everytime I say yes I do and point them to my profile.
No one has EVER taken me up on it (or even said anything) after that.. is that normal? or am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• skype.jpg
    skype.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 176
HollieCakes said:
So I'm about to take this off my profile I think but just wanted input first. I get asked, like all models I'm sure, about skype a lot & everytime I say yes I do and point them to my profile.
No one has EVER taken me up on it (or even said anything) after that.. is that normal? or am I doing something wrong?

They probably meant "do you skype for free?"

HollieCakes said:
It's exactly the same for me, Hollie. My Skype prices are close to yours and when someone comes into my room and asks for a skype show and I point them to my profile, they leave the room without another word. Yesterday, someone on Twitter told me the prices were "steep". These people are apparently looking for a skype show that's much cheaper per minute than a TruePrivate. Not gonna happen. :roll:
The only people who do Skype shows with me are high-tipping regulars.
I'm leaving the offer on my profile, it can't hurt, but I don't expect people who randomly come into my room to take me up on it. They're trying to get a cheaper private.

LilyMarie said:
It's exactly the same for me, Hollie. My Skype prices are close to yours and when someone comes into my room and asks for a skype show and I point them to my profile, they leave the room without another word. Yesterday, someone on Twitter told me the prices were "steep". These people are apparently looking for a skype show that's much cheaper per minute than a TruePrivate. Not gonna happen. :roll:
I'm leaving the offer on my profile, it can't hurt, but I don't expect people who randomly come into my room to take me up on it. They're trying to get a cheaper private.

True. In fact, I don't even bother getting my hopes up anymore with the thought of 'Oh, he might buy a Skype show...cool!' because I'm so used to the inquiries coming from members who talk like Tarzan ("PayPal? How much? Squirt?") and want to use PayPal.

WjRzngNs.jpg

LilyMarie said:
HollieCakes said:

My experience with skypes have always been that I'm not willing to pay the same rates as privates on mfc.

In a private I get a video i can go back and watch again. With skype I don't have that option so it has diminished value there. Plus in my case every time I have gone skype it's been much lower quality due to lag, glitches, lost connections, etc.. Skype in general just sucks. (google video is much better than skype any day). So if i'm going to spend that much per minute i'll just stick to privates.

Really only a lesser price will convince me to do skypes.

HollieCakes said:

It'll be the price. I wouldn't take a Skype over a Trueprivate for 2 reasons:
1) Video (despite the fact I rarely watch them again!).
2) Risk (at that price it's a hefty amount of tokens if I don't know/trust the model in advance.

I've heard on here of models being scammed on Skype, but I've experienced and heard plenty of members being scammed by Skype offers for tokens. It makes them less likely to hand over lots. If it's your regulars, then dunno :p
However, your "this is how much it costs for longer than" is a good idea i think! :)

Reactions: LadyLuna
I suppose as a model the reason we don't want to make Skype cheaper than TruePvt is that we have to actually log out of MFC and set up the Skype and that takes additional time and interrupts a cam shift. As well as that there a bit more security risk, and the additional feature of two way voice.. if you're willing to do that :?

I have found in the past when guys tip for or win Skype sessions they often don't want to use them right away and just bank them for later which can be a real pain to schedule and not really worth it. The only benefit really in offering them is to help camscore so I think I'm done with it, a guy who wants a pvt but isn't willing to pay MFC rates for 1 on 1 time and attention is a bit insulting really.

Reactions: DudeExtreme
HollieCakes said:
I suppose as a model the reason we don't want to make Skype cheaper than TruePvt is that we have to actually log out of MFC and set up the Skype and that takes additional time and interrupts a cam shift. As well as that there a bit more security risk, and the additional feature of two way voice.. if you're willing to do that :?

I have found in the past when guys tip for or win Skype sessions they often don't want to use them right away and just bank them for later which can be a real pain to schedule and not really worth it. The only benefit really in offering them is to help camscore so I think I'm done with it, a guy who wants a pvt but isn't willing to pay MFC rates for 1 on 1 time and attention is a bit insulting really.

It's not meant to insult anyone, it is simply a way to get around MFC's fixed rates, and not merely to benefit cheap members.

MFC rates were set by MFC for MFC, and work fine for MFC in that they they favour fewer privates and more public chat, which is the main attraction of MFC. They weren't handed down to Moses on Mount Sinai. New members who are familiar with other sites are heard asking all the time "how much for private", since they're used to a button they can click on to find out, like on SM or LJ rather than fixed rates for the whole site.

Some models could still get privates if they set their rates higher, and some would happily accept privates at lower rates, rather than face a room of mutes. For the first type of model who could set her rate higher, there is the option of requesting a tip up front, or she can refuse anyone but regular tippers. For the second type of model who is struggling for income, the ability to offer Skype shows at lower rates provides them with income they could not otherwise earn from MFC members who either have more restricted budgets, like to do privates a lot, or like to do long, chatty privates.

Status
Not open for further replies.