AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Payment on Skype

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliviamayhem

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Oct 5, 2013
Los Angeles
Hi girls and guys, I am new and did use the search function but couldn't find exactly what I am looking for. I keep getting guys wanting shows on skype but as for payment I am clueless? I do not want amazon gift cards or them to pay through amazon as I would like money and not things, as of right now. Though some guys in chat said paypal and western union is a scam so how else can you get paid? Do you suggest skype shows?

1. Do guys who ask to go on Skype are the shady types? Is that why they don't want to go through MFC?
2. Have you been ripped off and are you willing to tell me about it?

Because of my money problems, right now, I feel like I might make a mistake easily because I really need to pay my rent.

Thanks so much in advance and I am sorry to get person about my situation.

Oliviamayhem said:
Hi girls and guys, I am new and did use the search function but couldn't find exactly what I am looking for. I keep getting guys wanting shows on skype but as for payment I am clueless? I do not want amazon gift cards or them to pay through amazon as I would like money and not things, as of right now. Though some guys in chat said paypal and western union is a scam so how else can you get paid? Do you suggest skype shows?

1. Do guys who ask to go on Skype are the shady types? Is that why they don't want to go through MFC?

Because of my money problems, right now, I feel like I might make a mistake easily because I really need to pay my rent.

Accept tokens and ONLY tokens. Especially if they are mentioning it on MFC, if they're wanting to do anything else they're trying to rip you off. You could also get banned if you accepted anything else during an MFC conversation.

Not all members who want Skypes are bad. Most are looking for a better deal than a private show, or wanting a more intimate encounter, or just prefer that format. But there's quite a few guys who ask for skypes because they're shady and looking to scam you. (To be fair, some models use Skype to scam, as well).

If you decide to sell Skype shows, it's best to accept MFC tokens as payment. Paypal & Western Union can cause all sorts of trouble for girls. Not only have both members and models been scammed through Skype shows, Skype also has some big security risks.

I hate sounding so vague, but I don't like detailing the issues with Skype on the public side of the forum. Get verified, and there's a ton of helpful threads about Skype shows in the models-only section. :)

If you're using Skype, definitely get a VPN. I had a terrible worst-case-scenario experience that I think can only be traced back to my using Skype.

Also, be sure to confirm that you get the tip before you do the show. My first day I had a guy tell me I made more from a tip if it was offline so I closed my chatroom (which was full :evil: ) and he claimed he tipped me. He claimed I should be able to see the tip in my "token storage" which models don't have. Luckily I insisted on seeing proof of the tip from my end so didn't put on a free show for a scumbag.

The ladies here and most gents will guide you in the right direction, that being said I agree with the above post about not accepting paypal at the moment but later on with regulars, you might choose to but be however be aware that it does have come with a risk.

I understand why some people would prefer skype. The feeling of alone time, a more one on one felling with the model and you also have some members who are trying save and remove mfc's cut from they equation. What ever you decide have fun and be safe.

Reactions: Oliviamayhem
SexyStephXS said:
Oliviamayhem said:

Accept tokens and ONLY tokens. Especially if they are mentioning it on MFC, if they're wanting to do anything else they're trying to rip you off. You could also get banned if you accepted anything else during an MFC conversation.

Thank you so much for your info and help! I will totally get ready to verify myself now since I think Amber verifies today :h:

CharlotteLace said:
Not all members who want Skypes are bad. Most are looking for a better deal than a private show, or wanting a more intimate encounter, or just prefer that format. But there's quite a few guys who ask for skypes because they're shady and looking to scam you. (To be fair, some models use Skype to scam, as well).

If you decide to sell Skype shows, it's best to accept MFC tokens as payment. Paypal & Western Union can cause all sorts of trouble for girls. Not only have both members and models been scammed through Skype shows, Skype also has some big security risks.

I hate sounding so vague, but I don't like detailing the issues with Skype on the public side of the forum. Get verified, and there's a ton of helpful threads about Skype shows in the models-only section. :)

Thanks! I will take the picture now, as my cam score is low, haha. Thanks again for your help.

RoseCavilla said:
If you're using Skype, definitely get a VPN. I had a terrible worst-case-scenario experience that I think can only be traced back to my using Skype.

Also, be sure to confirm that you get the tip before you do the show. My first day I had a guy tell me I made more from a tip if it was offline so I closed my chatroom (which was full :evil: ) and he claimed he tipped me. He claimed I should be able to see the tip in my "token storage" which models don't have. Luckily I insisted on seeing proof of the tip from my end so didn't put on a free show for a scumbag.
YIKES! I am so glad you didn't do a free show for that jerk. Thanks for the heads up. People, knowing I am new have already tried tricking me :(

Reactions: RadventureFrankie
RedneckHick said:
The ladies here and most gents will guide you in the right direction, that being said I agree with the above post about not accepting paypal at the moment but later on with regulars, you might choose to but be however be aware that it does have come with a risk.

I understand why some people would prefer skype. The feeling of alone time, a more one on one felling with the model and you also have some members who are trying save and remove mfc's cut from they equation. What ever you decide have fun and be safe.

I felt, for a second, that guys wanting to pay some other way had me in mind... thinking I would get 100% of tips which made me feel good haha. I do think one on one is nice also though. Since I am new I really get nervous with tons of people. (ok not tons...but my usual 20ish people in my room. Thank you for your insight and for your warning!

1. ONLY accept payment through whatever site they're trying to arrange it on.

2. If you're on streamate, do not mention it at all, and if they do, say you don't offer them, even if you do. (Streamate will ban you if you are caught doing skype shows, even if it's for gold.)

3. Get paid first. No exceptions. No matter how good a regular they've been. Every time I was ever scammed, it was someone who usually paid upfront but wanted one "just once, for me?", and once was a person who had paid after the show faithfully many times, and then randomly decided that he didn't owe me for a show that I did perform because I wasn't going to be able to do the next one. And one who usually paid after the show, but then did a disappearing act. Two years later he came back saying that he never did any of it. Even if you're a submissive and they are a dom, he still needs to pay first (that would be the one who decided he didn't owe me for the first show because I couldn't do the second without risking huge mental trauma. PLUS I had warned him that I wasn't sure I could do it.).

Corollary to 3: get paid before you log out of the chatroom. But yes, logging out of the chatroom for the skype show will help your camscore. Tips given offline don't increase your score unless that same money was not going to be given while you were online, since score is tokens/hour-streaming over the past 60 days, regardless of whether those tokens were given to you while you were streaming or not.

4. DO NOT use paypal. Paypal will give them your real name, and will close your account. NEVER EVER EVER let paypal know that you are a camgirl, even if you never use your account for camming they will still ban you on the chance that maybe you might have done it once.

5. Western Union requires that you give your real name and real city (possibly real address?). DO NOT DO.

6. Have a list of things you will not do ready to give anyone who asks for skype. Have a rule that anyone who makes you uncomfortable or pushes you to do something on the list forfeits the right to the rest of the skype time they paid for, and forfeits the right to ever take you skype again. You can choose to offer pics and/or vids to make up for time paid but not received.

the information on this subject is extremely helpful! thank you gals!

Don't ever accept paypal. Not only can they chargeback and rip you off, they find out your real name! And paypal can close your account and steal your money.

And yes, most members who want Skype shows are either trying to rip you off or get a cheaper show. Yes even the generous regulars are often liking the idea of getting extra one on one time after the show is over. There are other advantages of Skype, but even they most sincere members usually like the idea of getting more for less. I've personally always found Skype shows to be more trouble than they're worth.
I once did paypal with a member, it wasn't worth the money and he did at a later date come into my room being an arsehole and got banned, he used the knowledge of my name to try and threaten me. Though he never did release the info, I still think it's not worth it. Only two members have ever found out my real name... and while neither have released that info, both of them have tried to use it against me to get me to do things for them. Still to this day I'm not completely safe, but it's something I've accepted and although I would rather them not spread the info, if they chose to there's not much I can do about it.

PunkInDrublic said:
Isabella_deL said:
And yes, most members who want Skype shows are either trying to rip you off or get a cheaper show.
I don't think this is really true. Plenty of reasons why a dude would prefer skype over mfc. I'm sure some are scammers but I don't know about most.

Punk is right. I know quite a few girls whose Skype prices are the same as a true private and guys still choose Skype over private. A reg that wants Skype probably aren't scammers or looking for something cheaper. The guys who you've never seen before whose first question is"You Skype bb?" are the ones probably looking for a cheap show.

Isabella_deL said:
The guys who you've never seen before whose first question is "You Skype bb?" are the ones probably looking for a cheap show.

What she said. The sketchy ones.

Reactions: Oliviamayhem
SexyStephXS said:
PunkInDrublic said:
Isabella_deL said:
And yes, most members who want Skype shows are either trying to rip you off or get a cheaper show.
I don't think this is really true. Plenty of reasons why a dude would prefer skype over mfc. I'm sure some are scammers but I don't know about most.

Punk is right. I know quite a few girls whose Skype prices are the same as a true private and guys still choose Skype over private. A reg that wants Skype probably aren't scammers or looking for something cheaper. The guys who you've never seen before whose first question is"You Skype bb?" are the ones probably looking for a cheap show.
Agree, most regs probably aren't trying to scam when they ask for a Skype, but most requesters aren't regs. Most of the members I've seen asking are strangers to the room, who just wander in and post "skype?????"

Nordling said:
SexyStephXS said:
PunkInDrublic said:
Isabella_deL said:

Agree, most regs probably aren't trying to scam when they ask for a Skype, but most requesters aren't regs. Most of the members I've seen asking are strangers to the room, who just wander in and post "skype?????"

That's cuz most regs have PM privileges or at least the politeness to send an MFC mail to say "Hey, I've been wanting some one on one time with you, do you think I could buy a Skype later this week?"

SexyStephXS said:
That's cuz most regs have PM privileges or at least the politeness to send an MFC mail to say "Hey, I've been wanting some one on one time with you, do you think I could buy a Skype later this week?"

Have to agree with Steph. And that's mostly because I'm one who's had a skype with her. :lol:

Yeah, I would say that 9 times out of 10 the guys on MFC who ask me about Skype are random members in my chat who've never actually greeted me in my room. They're usually 20-point premiums with 0 tokens who love asking one-worded questions...lol.

"Skype?"
"PayPal?"
"Squirt?"
"How much?" (well, that's two words, but you get the idea...)

SexyStephXS said:
Nordling said:
SexyStephXS said:
PunkInDrublic said:
Isabella_deL said:

I said "most" members, not "all" members. And I stick with it, most members who ask me about Skype are trying to scam me or trying to get a cheap/cheaper show. I have had only a few members take me Skype who've not been trying for a cheaper option, and that was because they were going to take me private and I asked if they wanted to tip first and do Skype instead as a camscore boost. Most members/regulars who buy Skype also like that usually the model will chill out and have some chat/down time, time many wouldn't be willing to pay for in a private show.

There are some members who are happy to spend true private prices and simply prefer Skype, but I think they are still in the minority, and asking about Skype probably wouldn't be the first thing they'd ask. Most members I've come across who really like taking models private if they want to take them private instantly will not ask the model to do a Skype show. They'll usually ask about that after having got to know a model a bit and explain that their preference is Skype.

Regarding scammers or people wanting a Skype show for much cheaper than a private:
a) I only accept tokens for Skype shows, and
b) my Skypes are either 75 or 66.67 tokens per minute, depending on how long the show lasts.

I've never sold a single Skype show to anyone coming into the room going "Skype?" after I've told them about my prices/conditions, but I get normal private requests all the time. Go figure. :lol:

One more to say that regulars aren't necessarily trying to scam you when they ask for Skype. The quality of a Skype call is way better than MFC stream. Way better. You don't get a "recording" of it in your private collection, but MFC is all about the live experience. I've perhaps watched one or two of my private videos and not again, so they're of little value in reality.

There are scare stories abound, but one of my "friends" does a good amount of Skype shows - sometimes several a night, and has never been scammed despite nearly all of them being random MFC members. She must have done hundreds by now. Some common sense is all that is needed.

She is nearly exclusively private/group/Skype token worker as she may make a few hundred tokens per night in free chat over the space of 3-4 hours. She really does make her tokens in Skype, Privates and Group. She only gets 20 tokens per min in Skype, but that's her choice and is based on several factors:
1) Charging more tends not to get any at all. She does not have a luxury of making so many tokens she can afford to turn them away. Some nights a couple of Skype shows are all the tokens she gets and she has bills to pay. She obviously will not go lower than 20 tokens per min.
2) It's the same as 2 guys in group.
3) Guys leaving her room while she is away is irrelevant - she doesn't lose anything.

Her decisions are based upon 3 years of being on MFC and it works for her and she has not been scammed by anyone. She has had members offer as little as 1 token per minute for a Skype show and she just said "no" (for the blatant obvious reason :D ).

People work in different ways, people want different things, different strokes for different folks.

As for Skype being a security vulnerability, is this down to someone being able to find your IP address? Not that old Chestnut again... :roll:

Reactions: PunkInDrublic
Zoomer said:
As for Skype being a security vulnerability, is this down to someone being able to find your IP address? Not that old Chestnut again... :roll:

Did they fix that vulnerability? Or does that one site still work?

LadyLuna said:
Zoomer said:

Did they fix that vulnerability? Or does that one site still work?

Yes, it's still a vulnerability, and certainly not the only concern with Skype..

Sorry to be a bit retarded, but which vulnerability is that then? Finding an IP address of someone you are communicating with is childsplay. But that's what happens with direct communication between two points - how else can it possibly transfer information if it doesn't know where it's going to?

If it is someone knowing your IP address, then I'm not sure what possible "vulnerability" that poses...

Zoomer said:
Sorry to be a bit retarded, but which vulnerability is that then? Finding an IP address of someone you are communicating with is childsplay. But that's what happens with direct communication between two points - how else can it possibly transfer information if it doesn't know where it's going to?

If it is someone knowing your IP address, then I'm not sure what possible "vulnerability" that poses...

Many camgirls don't want members on camsites to know their city.

Why so much concern over Skypes vulnerabilities? The camsites that have your real information are just as vulnerable. I don't get it. How is doing shows on mfc any safer than Skype?

Jessi said:
Zoomer said:

Many camgirls don't want members on camsites to know their city.

I don't even reveal my state.

I get the reason for being vague and still don't really get why some models feel Skype is somehow less safe than any cam site ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.