AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Paypal etc.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2013
I was just wondering if via paypal etc there is a way that a member can give you money without knowing who you are? Is there anyway to protect your identity when it comes to non MFC tips. Are they able to send money via an email and not know anything else. I have created a model only email, so is there someway I could receive the tips through that without the member finding out my real name or location?

Like the others said, Paypal doesn't allow anything related (or suspected to be) adult transactions - they'll close your account and take ALL your accounts funds if they suspect it or a guy complains. I've heard rumors they've changed that, but I absolutely 100% wouldn't trust it, and it still leaves your private info open.

I use Payoneer and (if you're in Canada) have heard Interac Money Transfers are okay.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
Paypal can be used without him finding out your name if you send him an invoice with your personal details left off.. BUT, you will be taking a huge risk by using them. If they find out it was used for anything adult related they will block your account and keep all your money. The hassle just isn't worth it.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
genxoxo said:
Like the others said, Paypal doesn't allow anything related (or suspected to be) adult transactions - they'll close your account and take ALL your accounts funds if they suspect it or a guy complains. I've heard rumors they've changed that, but I absolutely 100% wouldn't trust it, and it still leaves your private info open.

I use Payoneer and (if you're in Canada) have heard Interac Money Transfers are okay.

I am in Canada and having a hard time figuring out how it works on their website. Does the person just need an email and nothing else?

Its having to give out my real name that makes me the most nervous

Moonpixie said:
genxoxo said:

I am in Canada and having a hard time figuring out how it works on their website. Does the person just need an email and nothing else?

Its having to give out my real name that makes me the most nervous

They can send it to any email address and name, and the only response they get is "so-and-so accepted your transfer". I could have mine sent to Miss Piggy with any email address (I use a specific one for camming) or something, and then when I accepted it they'd get "Miss Piggy accepted your money". And it only costs $1 or $1.50 to use, which comes out of the senders account, so you get the full amount. So you don't need to use your real name!

When I send money, I send it by Scotiabank Online Banking - I know you can do it via TD or ING as well so I assume BMo, RBC or other banks would do it too! I've walked guys through it by getting them to look at their online banking and look for transfer options - some guys aren't comfortable with it (as it sounds scary), but guys who've used Interac transfers in their personal life are usually down with it because they know it's fairly secure. Also, I can offer them more content or longer camshows because I get to keep 100% of the money.

Just to add - I've used it for content/show payments in the past with no issues, but I haven't seen many girls doing it, which may be because afaik it's Canada-only or there could be issues I don't know about. When I've looked into it, this is the only thing that came up which doesn't seem too threatening: http://www.michaeljamesonmoney.com/2010 ... urity.html -- but definitely use it at your own discretion.

Reactions: AlexaDee
If you REALLY wanted to use paypal, you'd have to open a business account to use your cam name. Some Suicide Girls do this so their real name doesn't pop up. Also I would recommend you ask people to send you money and mark it as a gift. If money is marked as a gift, its harder for the sender to later dispute payment.

Reactions: SoTxBob
I recently opened a business account on PayPal, for gifts.

My name is just LM. But do people have a way of finding out the street address you have on your PayPal account? I'm using a fake address at the moment but I'd rather not do that because it's probably against PayPal rules. :?

LilyMarie said:

My name is just LM. But do people have a way of finding out the street address you have on your PayPal account? I'm using a fake address at the moment but I'd rather not do that because it's probably against PayPal rules. :?

I wouldn't risk it.

yummybrownfox said:
LilyMarie said:

I wouldn't risk it.
You wouldn't risk using a fake address or your real address?.. :tard:

LilyMarie said:

I signed up for a PayPal business account with a fake address almost a year ago. I don't know if it's against the rules, but they did allow me to verify my account and I haven't had an issue with it as of yet.

Edit: I should have clarified that it was the address of my first PO box so it's not technically fake, it's just not mine anymore (and they don't send me mail, it goes straight to my email). I have a UPS box now, but haven't updated my PayPal address info.

LilyMarie said:
yummybrownfox said:
LilyMarie said:

I wouldn't risk it.
I think having a fake address would be a good reason to get your account messed with. Do you have the equivalent of PO boxes where you live? Or a mailing address you can rent?

Reactions: LilyMarie
Evvie said:
LilyMarie said:
yummybrownfox said:
LilyMarie said:

I wouldn't risk it.
I think having a fake address would be a good reason to get your account messed with. Do you have the equivalent of PO boxes where you live? Or a mailing address you can rent?
I can get a P.O. box but I'm pretty sure you have to have one in the city you live in and I don't want people to know my city either.

The PayPal account isn't for anything cam site related by the way, this guy just wants to give me something and he gets nothing in return (except my eternal gratitude etc.) I'm planning to send the money to my private PayPal account instantly, so that it's 'safe'. :think:

LilyMarie said:
The PayPal account isn't for anything cam site related by the way, this guy just wants to give me something and he gets nothing in return (except my eternal gratitude etc.) I'm planning to send the money to my private PayPal account instantly, so that it's 'safe'. :think:

This is what I do. I transfer it to my personal account immediately and then transfer it to my bank account. (It's also not for cam-related things.)

Reactions: LilyMarie
AllisonWilder said:
LilyMarie said:

This is what I do. I transfer it to my personal account immediately and then transfer it to my bank account. (It's also not for cam-related things.)
And do YOU have your home address on it? ^^

LilyMarie said:

Note on using a fake address - currently why I can't get my $600 from paypal. They wouldnt let me change my address so they could ship me a check.

Also, my paypal wasn't used for anything adult related either. Still shut down for adult transactions.

LacieLaPlante said:
Also, my paypal wasn't used for anything adult related either. Still shut down for adult transactions.

This. The transaction doesn't have to necessarily be from a cam site in order to get shut down. I've heard stories of cam girls having their PayPal account shut down when the latest transactions weren't even adult (PP realized that previous transactions had been adult related).

Reactions: LadyLuna
LilyMarie said:

I'm not sure if they'd be able to find your street address. I would email PP support and ask. Right now I'm looking at a past transaction and I don't see any mailing address right away but I'm not sure what shows up in the dispute process. I think marking it as a gift instead of for services/goods prevents that though. Also, PP could and will freeze your account and money if they find out your address is fake. Even the sender wouldn't be able to get it back.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.