AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

people in my room when I'm offline...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I often wonder this. Seemingly every time I go to send an offline model a message or offline tip them, I notice there's people camped out in their room.
Things I've concluded...

There are some weird motherfuckers out there
At least some of these folk must have fallen asleep with their laptop on whilst in a model's room
At least some of these folk have exhausted their brain capacity getting into the room, and now can't quite figure out how to leave

:)

I will sometime fall asleep ( late at night ) in a models room, and only find out when I log
back on the next night or morning... So it would make me look like a stalker

hihihihih

Candy xxxx

I think there are some members who are logged into MFC 24 hours a day, and since they never log off, their username will just remain in whatever girls' rooms they are in even after she logs off.
mynameisbob84 said:
I often wonder this. Seemingly every time I go to send an offline model a message or offline tip them, I notice there's people camped out in their room.
Things I've concluded...

At least some of these folk must have fallen asleep with their laptop on whilst in a model's room
At least some of these folk have exhausted their brain capacity getting into the room, and now can't quite figure out how to leave

You know you don't have to go in their room to send a message or offline tip, right?

Some people have computers and internet connections that have the capacity to run a couple dozen chatroom feeds at once.

Some folks have twenty or thirty tabs open on their browser, never close it so as to not lose everything they're doing, and just plain forget that hidden in there is the room of a model they were watching yesterday.

I always figure people who 'camp out' just walked away from the device and haven't come back to close it down.

My desktop is a clunker so I never shut it down for fear it won't wake up, and I only use it every couple of days. If I was watching a model on there, finished my project and left, it could be upwards of 72 hours or more before I even realized it.

I've gone into an empty room to test or submit a new emote. But yeah, just leaving one's name there 24/7 seems odd. :)

AnabelleLeigh said:
I thought it may be that but people were coming and going
Was it possible the model posted on the news feed or on twitter she would be online, prompting people to check out her empty room?

Reactions: Nordling
I too am one of those that accidentally fall asleep in front of cams.
Being 5, or 8 hours ahead can do this!
I guess it also boosts room count a tiny bit, which can't hurt :)

Reactions: SophiaLocke
AmberCutie said:
I think there are some members who are logged into MFC 24 hours a day, and since they never log off, their username will just remain in whatever girls' rooms they are in even after she logs off.
mynameisbob84 said:
Things I've concluded...

You know you don't have to go in their room to send a message or offline tip, right?

That I do ;) But it always gives a room count on the mini menu bar you get when you click on the little person emoticon... thing by their name.

While I'm sure there's a lot of guys that do forget or get distracted and are AFK, I also know a couple dozen "fan boys" that will meet in a models room, even when shes not around, and have their conversations about whatever. When one popular lady was off on another vacation for a few weeks, one of her guys started a "friends only" member room. I didn't pay much attention, but I did notice it was the oldest room in the list for about 2 weeks. While I have no clue how that works, I'd guess the "founder" needs to stay logged in there to keep it active... :dontknow:

They may be people with little computer skill who want to be able to find the room again, so they just leave it open in what I assume would have to be an ancient version of internet explorer.

We're giving a lot of the benefit of the doubt to the lurkers here. Have you noticed the higher the camscore, the more the lurkers? I think the fanboy explanation is the best one here...and sorry, that is just fucking creepy.

Reactions: SoTxBob
WhiteElephants said:
We're giving a lot of the benefit of the doubt to the lurkers here. Have you noticed the higher the camscore, the more the lurkers? I think the fanboy explanation is the best one here...and sorry, that is just fucking creepy.
It may just be the higher the camscore, the more people overall see the room, and therefore the higher percentage of lurkers likely to be around.

Definitely not saying there are not people who legitimately camp out on a model's room to never miss anything. It just might be more coincidental.

WhiteElephants said:

I do think it's a tad creepy/odd if they're doing it and aren't talking to another person in there (or if they're alone in the room just hangin' out)...lol.

SoTxBob said:
While I'm sure there's a lot of guys that do forget or get distracted and are AFK, I also know a couple dozen "fan boys" that will meet in a models room, even when shes not around, and have their conversations about whatever.

Yes, this happens. I've been known to have conversations (sometimes up to an hour) with some of my member friends on MFC in a model's room after she's logged off for the day. Why go to the trouble of making a member room (and try to get people to actually switch to it) when we're all already in the same room?

Reactions: SoTxBob
Reminds me of the good ol' EFNet IRC days, maybe they think that if everyone leaves the room the model will loose control of it.

I think most of the time it is people accidentally leaving a tab open in their browser. I've been on MFC and then switched to another tab or application. I don't always turn off my computer at night. I've come back the next day and seen that I'm still in a room with a couple of other people and a few guests. There is chat history, but it's pretty much from when the model logged out. It doesn't look like anyone was talking after that. I'm assuming the few people left in the room with me also forgot to close their browser or something.

Sometimes if I know a model is usually on at a certain time, I'll join her room earlier and then go do other things. Then when her cam comes online I'll hear her talking and switch over.

NickT said:
Sometimes if I know a model is usually on at a certain time, I'll join her room earlier and then go do other things. Then when her cam comes online I'll hear her talking and switch over.

I've done this, too. Not often, though. What if I happen to be in the bathroom when she comes online? She'll either be annoyed at me for being silent or creeped out.

If i am on my mobile, I may just let the screen go "off" or change from browser to a messaging program before bed.
Can't hear audio (indeed, it doesn't stream to device when the browser isn't the window in focus afaik), but I will still show on the models list in her room.

So it could also be people using mobile phones who then either alter to another program and forget about their browser, or leave it - hence why it can be hours, or even a day.

Or maybe they just leave it on purpose with a screen capture device that starts recording when the camfeed starts *conspiracy theory* :D

I recently had a member in my room straight from Friday to Monday... there was even a full day off in there and he never left.
After several attempts to get his attention including a pm asking if he was dead failed I concluded he was either a ghost or recording a million models at once, either way, kinda weird. Waited 20 minutes as to not ban a guy whilst in the bathroom and then clicked the button. Shortly after banning him he actually logged off but never responded to my messages.

Edit! Since I don't do public cum shows there are no videos of me masturbating online, since for the most part recorders don't pay for the shows they record, or buy a video. They are all just public chat teases. Because of this people always seem to be asking these recording forum dweebs for vids of me cumming and I can only assume they are waiting around assuming that I will eventually do it since most everyone does and I don't make a big deal about not doing public shows really.

This happens to me quite often... usually it's anywhere between 2 and 8 leftovers... usually still in there for quite a few hours...

I tend to think I'm just SUPER boring, so I put them to sleep. :) Hey, the first step is admitting it, right? :oops:

I have to have noise when I am going to sleep, whether it be listening to music, watching T.V. or falling asleep watching beautiful women... I never did it on my premium account before. I would always log out, lay down in bed and guest perv! When I would wake up in the morning, there would usually be about 5 to 8 other people still in the rooms so I didn't feel so bad.

:) I can confirm the fanboy recording thing to some extent. One fella I used to chat with was sooo enamoured with a model he never wanted to miss any of her online time. She doesn't do 'P.C.S.' so all he caught was face time and some tease. If she tweeted she will be on at whatever time, and lets say its sleepy time for him, he would open her room and set the capture prog to record the next xx hours of whatever happens and then edit out all the white screen.
all in all.. Yah, a bit creepy perv stalkerish in his 'worship'. :?

SoTxBob said:
:) I can confirm the fanboy recording thing to some extent. One fella I used to chat with was sooo enamoured with a model he never wanted to miss any of her online time. She doesn't do 'P.C.S.' so all he caught was face time and some tease. If she tweeted she will be on at whatever time, and lets say its sleepy time for him, he would open her room and set the capture prog to record the next xx hours of whatever happens and then edit out all the white screen.

c7d85d58.jpg

:-D

Reactions: Evvie
SoTxBob said:
One fella I used to chat with was sooo enamoured with a model he never wanted to miss any of her online time. She doesn't do 'P.C.S.' so all he caught was face time and some tease. If she tweeted she will be on at whatever time, and lets say its sleepy time for him, he would open her room and set the capture prog to record the next xx hours of whatever happens and then edit out all the white screen.

Yeah, that's a bit odd.
urkel.gif

I have my computer hooked up to my 50" plasma as my computer monitor broke over a year ago. So I do all my computer stuff from my bed. I probably fall asleep on MFC 3-4 times a week. I never turn my computer off, so if I fall asleep then go to work after, I can be AFK in the same model's room for 12+ hours.

I can't imagine it being common for more than a day though.

Status
Not open for further replies.