AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

people in my room when I'm offline...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless they're spreading lies about you or what you offer... I don't see what the problem is.

People will do what they want to do. They will forget to do stuff, or do stuff that doesn't make sense to anyone but themselves. It's futile to try to figure out why they do what they do. The best recourse is to ask the person doing it "Why did you do that?" if it really bothers you that much. It might be that they don't even know why the do it.

Reactions: Nordling
SoTxBob said:
:) I can confirm the fanboy recording thing to some extent. One fella I used to chat with was sooo enamoured with a model he never wanted to miss any of her online time. She doesn't do 'P.C.S.' so all he caught was face time and some tease. If she tweeted she will be on at whatever time, and lets say its sleepy time for him, he would open her room and set the capture prog to record the next xx hours of whatever happens and then edit out all the white screen.
all in all.. Yah, a bit creepy perv stalkerish in his 'worship'. :?

ignorance really is bliss...i was WAY happier with the first few answers to the question :lol:

Reactions: SoTxBob
I've lingered behind to talk to people after a model has gone offline a few times. Not as often now as when I would be on MFC almost every evening but it did happen. I've also done the whole forgot the tab was open thing a few times which resulted in some extended stays. I also notice when I join rooms on my Android phone, sometimes I never go offline until I restart the phone. I closed the page. I cleared cookies, cache, and history. I even killed the task for the browser yet there my alternate name was in the room. Restarted the phone and finally the Ghost Mirra disappeared about 20 seconds after the phone cut off. It was actually a bit annoying.

There might be some technical reasons why people would be left in a room. When they leave the room (close the browser) it has to send a final message to MFC saying they've left the room. If that message isn't sent (crash, internet failure, buggy MFC software) MFC still *thinks* they're in the room.

Personally I use the popup view of rooms, and sometimes I'll forget some are open. I have a multiple screen setup and have occasionally just been left in a room when I was checking something else, like ACF. :p

Something involving this happened to me when I popped in to spy on a private. My browser crashed and I ended up doing something else. Log on later and all my tokens were gone. Checked my token history and all my tokens had gone into spying on the private. I only watched about 30secs of the private and spent 600+ tokens.

I sent a ticket to MFC and they ended up giving me all the tokens back.

Also could just be disorganized people not knowing when someone will be on cam and just directly linking to the room to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.