AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Please share Your favorite quotes.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: TRIGGER WARNING - May cause nerd rage

bawksy said:
My favoritest quotes are better conveyed via images.

Am i the only one who noticed the picture behind Mandela's qoute is actually Morgan Freeman? :lol:

anyways... i came across this one today, i thought it was perfect!:

'I don't have a sexy mind, I have a sexy imagination!'

TashaDutch said:
bawksy said:

Am i the only one who noticed the picture behind Mandela's qoute is actually Morgan Freeman? :lol:

:lol: lol I almost posted about the Morgan Freeman/Mandela thing too, then looked again.... all of the images are like that. Christina Aguilara is not Britney Spears, e.g.

Nordling said:
TashaDutch said:
bawksy said:

:lol: lol I almost posted about the Morgan Freeman/Mandela thing too, then looked again.... all of the images are like that. Christina Aguilara is not Britney Spears, e.g.

Not only that, but neither the person listed nor the person pictured actually said it.

Live Long, and Prosper- Spok, Star Trek
Han Solo- Star Wars
Pictured- Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

(don't know the second one off the top of my head)

Do, or do not. There is no try.- Yoda, Star Wars
Dumbledore- Harry Potter
Pictured- Gandalf, Lord of the Rings

D'oh.- Homer Simpson, the Simpsons
Peter Griffin- Family Guy
Pictured- Stan Smith, American Dad!

Quote I Shall Not Repeat- someone from Twilight
Angel- Buffy the Vampire Slayer and offshoot series Angel
Pictured- no clue

You can't read my poker face- Lady Gaga
Pictured- dunno

Don't know the next set

Use the Force, Harry- Use the force is from Star Wars, Harry refers to Harry Potter
Gandalf is from Lord of the Rings
Pictured- Jean Luc Picard, Star Trek
EDIT: Also pictured, the ship from Firefly, Serenity

“The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
― John Milton, Paradise Lost

LadyLuna said:
Nordling said:
TashaDutch said:
bawksy said:

Not only that, but neither the person listed nor the person pictured actually said it.

Live Long, and Prosper- Spok, Star Trek
Han Solo- Star Wars
Pictured- Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

(don't know the second one off the top of my head)

Do, or do not. There is no try.- Yoda, Star Wars
Dumbledore- Harry Potter
Pictured- Gandalf, Lord of the Rings

D'oh.- Homer Simpson, the Simpsons
Peter Griffin- Family Guy
Pictured- Stan Smith, American Dad!

Quote I Shall Not Repeat- someone from Twilight
Angel- Buffy the Vampire Slayer and offshoot series Angel
Pictured- no clue

You can't read my poker face- Lady Gaga
Pictured- dunno

Don't know the next set

Use the Force, Harry- Use the force is from Star Wars, Harry refers to Harry Potter
Gandalf is from Lord of the Rings
Pictured- Jean Luc Picard, Star Trek
EDIT: Also pictured, the ship from Firefly, Serenity

aah sooo.. i'm just really dumb and didn't even notice that till now... nvm then ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I say jump, you say, what colour!" - Detritus

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Sir Terry Pratchett.

"'How's that old Scottish saying go? If at first you don't succeed...' 'Pull your foreskin over your heed.'" - Beano and
Hughie, Still Crazy.

There are a great many quotes from The Doctor which have conveniently slipped my mind at the moment, though "Would you like a Jelly Baby?" isn't terrible. I'll come back later.

The aim of a joke is to not degrade the human being, but to remind him that he is already degraded.- Orson Wells

It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, Who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, Who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the organizer, Who gave us the freedom to demonstrate

It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag.

And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

"People pay for what they do, and still more for what they have allowed themselves to become. And they pay for it very simply; by the lives they lead." -James Baldwin

“Two or three things I know for sure, and one of them is that if we are not beautiful to each other, we cannot know beauty in any form.” -Dorothy Allison

“You've got to let go of who you were, to become who you will be.” -Janet Fitch

“I hated labels anyway. People didn't fit in slots--prostitute, housewife, saint--like sorting the mail. We were so mutable, fluid with fear and desire, ideals and angles, changeable as water.” -Janet Fitch

"That which does not kill me makes me stronger"~Frederich Neice

This quote tends to stick with me the most. especially if I am overwhelmed about something .
Job related stress etcetera.

I just found this one I wanted to share, I think Fuller was one of our best architects !

"I live on Earth at present, and I don’t know what I am. I know that I am not a category. I am not a thing – a noun. I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process – an integral function of the universe."-Buckminster Fuller

A new favorite

“There is another class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do do not want to lose their jobs.”

- – Booker T. Washington 1901

"I recognize the futility of my actions, yet I carry them out regardless."

"Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for."

"Hey guys, whoa, big gulps huh? Alright. Well, see ya later!"

Here is one I just came across:

"If you fuel your journey on the opinions of others, you are going to run out of gas. "
— Steve Maraboli

Sevrin said:
jeff98902 said:
Cowards die many times before their actual deaths. -Julius Caesar
Shakespeare, actually.
He was quoting the play, not the person. So it's a correct attribute.

Sevrin said:
JerryBoBerry said:
Sevrin said:
jeff98902 said:
Shakespeare, actually.
Sorry. I missed where he mentioned the play. Mea badda.
He didn't specifically say 'play' but his quotation works for both and I just try to assume people know what they are talking about. Until proven totally wrong that is.

Reactions: AngelicTease
JerryBoBerry said:
Sevrin said:
JerryBoBerry said:
Sevrin said:
jeff98902 said:
Shakespeare, actually.
He didn't specifically say 'play' but his quotation works for both and I just try to assume people know what they are talking about. Until proven totally wrong that is.

Well,see my experience is that people do not know what they are talking about a LOT of the time, especially about old things. In this case it is apparent, because the sentence quoted is incomplete, but ends with a period anyway. In a case like that, I prefer to get pissy until people learn to google the maxims they live by.

I realize that this makes me a bad person.

JerryBoBerry said:
Sevrin said:
JerryBoBerry said:
Sevrin said:
jeff98902 said:
Shakespeare, actually.

When quoting a play that's named after a person, it's good manners to mention that you're quoting the play. That way, people who DON'T know the play (I've never read it, but did wonder how he could possibly know that Julius Caesar said it) will know where the quote is actually from.

The point of putting who said the quote is so that people know where it came from. You can never assume that everybody knows with a small reference, when there are multiple things which could be that small reference.

A simple addition of "Play" before or after "Julius Caesar" would let the rest of us know that he really does mean the play.

I wonder if that's how a lot of quotes get miss-tagged...

Status
Not open for further replies.