AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Please share Your favorite quotes.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I don't always talk to people with swag, but when I do, I ask for large fries."

"I've got 99 problems, and 86 of them are completely made up scenarios in my head that I'm stressing about for absolutely no logical reason."

" It hunk that Voldemort's parents took the "got your nose game" a little too seriously."

"Coffee doesn't ask silly questions. Coffee understands."

"It's impossible to tiptoe around and not activate your T-Rex arms."

"I use to walk into a room full of people and wonder if they liked me. Now I walk into a room full of people and ask myself if I like them."

Reactions: AngelicTease
The binding force of moral agreement grounded in the sacred can be replaced only by moral agreement that expresses in rational form what was always intended in the symbolism of the holy: the generality of the underlying interest.
Habermasian point of view, I love Habermas he is so tough to read
a man that can be challenging in this level is all a girl needs sometimes :lol:

Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.
Aristotle

Anxiety is freedom’s actuality as the possibility of possibility.
Soren Kierkegaard

What is a thought that harms no one, neither thinkers nor anyone else?
Gilles Deleuze

Greeks don't fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks
Sir Winston Churchill
this does not apply so much to what 21st century Greece is shaping up to be but meh gotta love a good post WW2 Brit quote :lol:

"When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends." - Japanese Proverb

“To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.” - Mark Twain

I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” - Douglas Adams

“The most sophisticated people I know - inside they are all children. ” - Jim Henson

“A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” J.R.R. Tolkien

How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for somewhere else.
-R. Buckminster Fuller

If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever. - Dalai Lama

The mind is endless. You put me in a dark solitary cell, and to you that's the end, to me it's the beginning, it's the universe in there, there's a world in there, and I'm free. - Charles Manson

Not exactly what the original poster was looking for, but this one resonates with me:

"Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

"Do no harm, but take no shit." ~uhhh, tumblr? (anyone know?)

"Drink wine. This is life eternal. This is all that youth will give you. It is the season for wine, roses and drunken friends. Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life."
~ Omar Khayyam

"Pray don't talk to me about the weather, Mr. Worthing. Whenever people talk to me about the weather, I always feel quite certain that they mean something else. And that makes me quite nervous." ~Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

"Don't expect a reward for doing what you are supposed to do". i.e what any decent person would do

"What a tangled web we weave when at first we learn to deceive" i.e. You need to make up more lies to cover up the first one

"True character is doing the right thing when no one is looking" i.e. yes it's night but pick up your dog's shit and the beer can you just threw down

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". i.e. don't condemn another if you are a corrupt pc of shit too

" Those of you who *think* you know wtf you are talking about are really beginning to annoy the shit out of those of us who actually do". i.e If u are stupid then don't opine

Rude Boy

Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore.
-lady gaga

Have some whiskey, makes ya' feel better
-that YouTube video by Kelly's shoes channel... ;P

Ok, so I LOVE quotes. I have a huge list of my favorites that just keeps getting longer and longer. I tried to weed out as many as I could. Here is a not so mini list.

"Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm."

"You make your own dream. That's the Beatles' story, isn't it? That's Yoko's story. That's what I'm saying now. Produce your own dream. If you want to save Peru, go save Peru. It's quite possible to do anything, but not to put it on the leaders and the parking meters. Don't expect Jimmy Carter or Ronald Reagan or John Lennon or Yoko Ono or Bob Dylan or Jesus Christ to come and do it for you. You have to do it yourself."-John Lennon

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.”

"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."

"We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality."

"We accept the love we think we deserve."

"Forgiving does not erase the bitter past. A healed memory is not a deleted memory. Instead, forgiving what we cannot forget creates a new way to remember. We change the memory of our past into a hope for our future."

" Absolute silence leads to sadness. It is the image of death."

"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you." -Dr. Seuss

"Imagination is the best way to say fuck you to reality."

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence."

"Our greatest pretenses are built up not to hide the evil and the ugly in up, but rather our emptiness. The hardest thing to hide is something that is not there."

"Hope will never be silent." -Harvey Milk

"When I look back on my life, it’s not that I don’t want to see things exactly as they happened. It’s just that I prefer to remember them in an artistic way. And truthfully, the lie of it all is much more honest because I invented it. Clinical psychology tells us arguably that trauma is the ultimate killer. Memories are not recycled like atoms and particles in quantum physics - they can all be lost forever. It's sort of like my past is an unfinished painting, and as the artist of that painting, I must fill in all the ugly holes and make it beautiful again. It’s not that I’ve been dishonest; it’s just that I loathe reality. " -Lady Gaga

"I must not fear. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see it's path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

"In an expanding universe, time is on the side of the outcast. Those who once inhabited the suburbs of human contempt find that without changing their address they eventually live in the metropolis."

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

After studying world psychology, society and religion for many years (and continue to do so), one recurring thing that almost every culture or religion in the world has in common is what we know as the "Golden Rule". They are truly words I try as hard as possible to live by every day. "One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself"

Also, from the Joker's first big dialogue scene in The Dark Knight (which sadly most of the public only remembers for the disappearing pencil gag), specifically referring to the line at 1:54
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

"We are not retreating, rather advancing in another direction" General McArthur
"Run away, run away" King Arthur

"If God exists, why did he make me an Atheist" Robin Williams

Lately though, I've been digging the quotes Ricky Gervais sends through on Facebook.
Personally, I believe in each to their own, but I am an Atheist.
Ricky, on the other hand, has a slightly stronger view, and I can't help but laugh.

"It seems to be true, particularly in middle America, that those most militant about using up fossil fuels, don't actually believe in fossils"
"Please don't worship me. I'm just an ordinary guy, with lots of followers trying to spread my message. Sort of like Jesus Christ I guess."
"Should schools teach atheism?” No. There’s no need to “teach” atheism. It’s the natural result of education without indoctrination."
"Loved it when Bieber said he flew all the way to Jerusalem "to be closer to God" Thought God was everywhere? What a fucking waste of money."
"Your God is the best God. In fact, he's the only God. All other Gods are ridiculous, made up rubbish. Not yours though. Yours is real."
"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing."
"We Shouldn't even need the word 'atheism'. If people didn't invent ridiculous imaginary Gods, rational people wouldn't have to deny them."

I also admire him for his stance on animal cruelty
"Don’t get shampoo in your eyes. It really stings. There. Done. Now fucking stop torturing animals."
"You can kill any shark that gets out of the sea and starts killing us in our natural habitat of streets and pubs and internet cafes. Deal?"

To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead. - Bertrand Russell

I'm a total sucker for Baz Luhrmann's "Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen". It's basically a compilation of excerpts from a famous essay written in 1997 by Mary Schmich. Not sure if it counts as a quote, but it's basically filled with quote-like one liners, and it's very touching.

Reactions: AngelicTease
"I have often been utterly astonished, since I came to the north, to find persons who could speak of the singing, among slaves, as evidence of their contentment and happiness...I have often sung to drown my sorrow, but seldom to express my happiness." -Fredrick Douglas

""You, Doctor Martin, walk
from breakfast to madness. Late August,
I speed through the antiseptic tunnel
where the moving dead still talk
of pushing their bones against the thrust
of cure. And I am queen of this summer hotel
or the laughing bee on a stalk

of death.
— Anne Sexton (To Bedlam and Part Way Back)

"And so I went through the looking glass, stepped into the netherworld, where up is down and food is greed, where convex mirrors cover the walls, where death is honor and flesh is weak. It is ever so easy to go. Harder to find your way back."
— Marya Hornbacher

"The whole secret of existence is to
have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only
the moment you reject all help are you freed." -Buddha

“Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.”
― Charles Addams

Reactions: WickedTouch
“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” - Roald Dahl

"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?" - Mark Twain

"We assume others show love the same way we do — and if they don’t, we worry it’s not there."

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

"They told me that to make her fall in love, I had to make her laugh. But every time she laughs, I'm the one who falls in love.” - Tommaso Ferraris

"You can't make homes out of human beings, someone should have already told you that." - Warsan Shire

'A class system is something you use to discriminate against someone who looks like you.'

Reginald D Hunter

"I think claiming you have no control over your moods and core beliefs is something you've made up to excuse your bad deeds. Just like every other villain, 'it's not my fault!' If you really don't have any self control-Jekyll one minute and Hyde the next-then you're by definition a monster."
-Bigby Wolf from Fables volume 17 or 18

Reactions: WickedTouch
I have a few faves...

We are all made of stars... but it is up to us how brightly we will shine.
- Unknown

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
- Mae West

Why are you trying so hard to fit in, when you're born to stand out.
- Oliver James

You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- William W. Purkey

You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She's not perfect... you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break... her heart. So don't hurt her, don't change her, don't analyze and don't expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she's not there.
- Bob Marley

I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
- Jimi Hendrix, [Jimi Hendrix - Axis: Bold as Love]

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
- William Shakespeare

Nothing takes the past away... Like the future. Nothing makes the darkness go... Like the light.
- Madonna

:twocents-02cents:

Reactions: ACFFAN69
ADRIAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN.................

one very tough guy after a fight :lol:

so in love with quotes, here are two of my favorites.

(THIS WAS MY SENIOR QUOTE THAT THEY READ WHEN I WALKED ACROSS THE STAGE hehehe)

“Oh, something is there, waiting for me. Perhaps someday the revelation will burst in upon me and I will see the other side of this monumental grotesque joke. And then I'll laugh. And then I'll know what life is.”
Sylvia Plath,

"“I was within and without. Simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life.”
- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
-Oscar Wilde

I like people too much or not at all. I've got to go down deep, to fall into people, to really know them.
-Sylvia Plath

Fools admire everything in an author of reputation.
-Voltaire (ironic, no?)

anndd

I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.
-Mitch Hedberg.

“It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question and he'll look for his own answers.”

“It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”

A few Oscar Wilde quotes...

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you."

"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

“Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.”

“It takes great deal of courage to see the world in all its tainted glory, and still to love it.”

Reactions: SoTxBob
Status
Not open for further replies.