AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Please share Your favorite quotes.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fear created the first gods in the world. Caecilius Statius

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness. Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Do as much as possible, and talk of yourself as little as possible. Gaius Sallustius Crispus

'Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind. These passions, like great winds, have blown me hither and thither, in a wayward course, over a great ocean of anguish, reaching to the very verge of despair.

'I have sought love, first, because it brings ecstasy - ecstasy so great that I would often have sacrificed all the rest of life for a few hours of this joy. I have sought it, next, because it relieves loneliness--that terrible loneliness in which one shivering consciousness looks over the rim of the world into the cold unfathomable lifeless abyss. I have sought it finally, because in the union of love I have seen, in a mystic miniature, the prefiguring vision of the heaven that saints and poets have imagined. This is what I sought, and though it might seem too good for human life, this is what--at last--I have found.

'With equal passion I have sought knowledge. I have wished to understand the hearts of men. I have wished to know why the stars shine. And I have tried to apprehend the Pythagorean power by which number holds sway above the flux. A little of this, but not much, I have achieved.

'Love and knowledge, so far as they were possible, led upward toward the heavens. But always pity brought me back to earth. Echoes of cries of pain reverberate in my heart. Children in famine, victims tortured by oppressors, helpless old people a burden to their sons, and the whole world of loneliness, poverty, and pain make a mockery of what human life should be. I long to alleviate this evil, but I cannot, and I too suffer.

'This has been my life. I have found it worth living, and would gladly live it again if the chance were offered me.'

Bertrand Russell

LadyLuna said:
When quoting a play that's named after a person, it's good manners to mention that you're quoting the play. That way, people who DON'T know the play (I've never read it, but did wonder how he could possibly know that Julius Caesar said it) will know where the quote is actually from.

The point of putting who said the quote is so that people know where it came from. You can never assume that everybody knows with a small reference, when there are multiple things which could be that small reference.

A simple addition of "Play" before or after "Julius Caesar" would let the rest of us know that he really does mean the play.

I wonder if that's how a lot of quotes get miss-tagged...
Agree, and IMHO, even better than saying "play" would be to do like this:

"The Devil can cite scripture for his purpose." —Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice, Act 1, Scene 3

This way, you can post your favorite maxim and at the same time make it easy for someone to look it up. :)

"Nothing makes one so vain as being told that one is a sinner" - Oscar Wilde

"Be elusive, but don't walk far." - David Bowie

"Don't dream it. Be it." - Frank n' Furter, The Rocky Horror Picture Show

"And so when Cora Tull would tell me I was not a true mother, I would think how words go straight up in a thin line, quick and harmless, and how terribly doing goes along the earth, clinging to it, so that after a while the two lines are too far apart for the same person to straddle from one to the other; and that sin and love and fear are just sounds that people who never sinned nor loved nor feared have for what they never had and cannot have until they forgot the words. Like Cora, who could never even cook." - William Faulkner, As I Lay Dying

Attachments

• 577356_10151531849875397_80914991_n.jpg
    577356_10151531849875397_80914991_n.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 149
"...the best of all possible worlds."
--Master Pangloss in Candide.

One of my favorite books. The quote has such deeper meaning throughout the story.

a small handful from lazarus long, aka woodrow wilson smith, aka a hundred more, all written by robert a heinlein in time enough for love

nursing does not diminish the beauty of a woman's breasts, it enhances their charm by making them look lived in and happy.

it is better to copulate than never (think about it! its punny)

money is a powerful aphrodisiac, but flowers work almost as well.

sex should be friendly, otherwise stick to mechanical toys

place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark ( one i personally live by)

courage is the complement of fear.a man who is fearless can not be courageous..... he is also a fool

masturbation is cheap, clean convenient and free of any possibility of wrongdoing, and you dont have to go home in the cold..... but it is LONELY

writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it inprivate and wash your hands afterwards

money is the sincerest form of all flattery
women love to be flattered
so do men

you live and you learn or you dont live long

never underestimate the power of human stupidity

Two fictional characters and a magazine:

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

- Homer Simpson

"Don't you know that it's bad luck to look upon a clergyman more than seven blocks from the church?"

- Archie Bunker

"We were being preached to. We knew it. We got even."

- Alan Girdler, Road and Track (June 1987)

Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
Albert Einstein

Music is the strongest form of magic
Marilyn Manson

The only thing that guarantees an open-ended collaboration among human beings, the only thing that guarantees that this project is truly open-ended, is a willingness to have our beliefs and behaviors modified by the power of conversation.
Sam Harris

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination.
H. P. Lovecraff

Seven blunders of the world:
wealth without work
pleasure without conscience
knowledge without character
commerce without morality
science without humanity
worship without sacrifice
politics without principle
Muhandas Gandhi

Sometimes I make questionable decisions, but I never question them.

The world can never be made perfect, but it can always be made better
Anonymous

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Aristotle

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
Judy Garland​

From one of my favourite authors Desmond Morris http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Morris

Desmond Morris said:
Biologically speaking, if something bites you it's more likely to be female.
Desmond Morris said:
The city is not a concrete jungle, it is a human zoo.
...In little more than a single century from 1820 to 1945, no less than fifty-nine million human animals were killed in inter-group clashes of one sort or another.... We describe these killings as men behaving "like animals," but if we could find a wild animal that showed signs of acting this way, it would be more precise to describe it as behaving like men.

Status
Not open for further replies.