AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Please tell us how we can make our site better in comments.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Please tell us how we can make our site better in commen

LOL at the person who said "cheaper tokens". It's like he does realise that tokens being cheaper would make shows cost more tokens so they'd end up spending the same amounts?

I don't agree with the letting couples on myfreecams. I don't like the idea of being pressured into having sex with men on camera. Members already go on about girl/girl shows a lot, I find girl/girl stuff a lot less threatening than if guys continued wanting me to have sex with my boyfriend/some random dude on cam.
I also like the dynamic of the site being just women. As soon as you bring men into the picture it somehow becomes a bit less social and more mindless sex.

I liked the guys suggestion at telling new models how camscore works, or even directing them to the Wiki Amber and some of the girls here made.

I am curious, is this actually a real thing?

If I were to think of several things to make the site better (or at least make it easier to make money)

I would make the most of cumshows by doing something similar to Gold shows. Basically allow models to have a goal they want to reach, a minimum tip amount to be included in the show and the length the show will go on for. Then I don't know, maybe guys would be able to see a screenshot on the main page (as there is already) and on entering the room they'd have the choice to say tip 20 tokens and be able to see what's going on in the room. I think a lot of guys won't spend on group because even that feels too expensive and they might as well just watch public shows, but if you took away public shows and guys would be able to just tip 20 tokens for a full show I think a lot of members would do it and models would end up making more. The higher tippers would be appeased because they wouldn't feel like they're paying for a free show for a bunch of dudes and the guys who never tip now would be forced to tip, and of course as public shows are currently against the rules seeing as any age viewers could see the models it'd be covering MFC's arse's too. There could also of course be an option to include guys on your friendslist in all shows, meaning if you tip for friendslist you would be able to see all shows without having to tip.

As MFC is making so much money at the moment I don't think they'd implement this idea for risk of losing out on money. I don't know if they would lose out though. Most of the people who'd be annoyed would be the guys who never tip. I swear lately myfreecams has being getting worse for the only one of two people tipping in a busy room dynamic and it seems those tippers are starting to get more irritated that they're paying for everyone else to get a show. More and more members who just want to wank are deciding they can just get the same experience for free. There's very little incentive to tip.

Isabella_deL said:
I would make the most of cumshows by doing something similar to Gold shows. Basically allow models to have a goal they want to reach, a minimum tip amount to be included in the show and the length the show will go on for. Then I don't know, maybe guys would be able to see a screenshot on the main page (as there is already) and on entering the room they'd have the choice to say tip 20 tokens and be able to see what's going on in the room. I think a lot of guys won't spend on group because even that feels too expensive and they might as well just watch public shows, but if you took away public shows and guys would be able to just tip 20 tokens for a full show I think a lot of members would do it and models would end up making more. The higher tippers would be appeased because they wouldn't feel like they're paying for a free show for a bunch of dudes and the guys who never tip now would be forced to tip, and of course as public shows are currently against the rules seeing as any age viewers could see the models it'd be covering MFC's arse's too. There could also of course be an option to include guys on your friendslist in all shows, meaning if you tip for friendslist you would be able to see all shows without having to tip.

As MFC is making so much money at the moment I don't think they'd implement this idea for risk of losing out on money. I don't know if they would lose out though. Most of the people who'd be annoyed would be the guys who never tip. I swear lately myfreecams has being getting worse for the only one of two people tipping in a busy room dynamic and it seems those tippers are starting to get more irritated that they're paying for everyone else to get a show. More and more members who just want to wank are deciding they can just get the same experience for free. There's very little incentive to tip.

This. This so much.

Also, an option to sort models by whether they're single or not.

I don't think "freeloaders" will ever leave mfc. Their business model is "free cams" it's how they generate the traffic and makes their site different than the rest which are more private based.

If things became more private or group oriented I think the site would deviate from the tipping culture it has today. It's also the tipping culture that allows mfc to have the highest earning potential out of most sites out there.

Even if they introduced tags, another part of their business model is based on the "survival of the fittest", hence they give more exposure to the top score models. As an entrepreneur it makes sense to do so because even not always true, usually the higher the camscore girls generate the most earnings. (There's exceptions to this of course)
I like the new feature they have of suggested models once you start going in rooms. It makes camscore even less important and gives less popular girls a chance to be discovered.

I like the idea of mfc having a blog and featuring different things in it. It wouldn't make them money right away but it would solidify their brand and give them further exposure.

I also think allowing men on cam would ruin the social aspect of the site and transition things to being more about just sex.

It would be nice if they made updating profiles easier. Similar to a blog platform. This would save me a lot of time which would be dedicated to making more tokens for them.

I have to use the old software since I don't lag as much as the web version. It would be nice if they offered more options there and included the feature to make your cam available for mobile.

Isabella_deL said:
I don't agree with the letting couples on myfreecams. I don't like the idea of being pressured into having sex with men on camera. I also like the dynamic of the site being just women. As soon as you bring men into the picture it somehow becomes a bit less social and more mindless sex.
Yes, I love couples on camera since a couple of friends invited me over on CTB, but I don't think it's in MFC's spirit. It's good the way it is.

Isabella_deL said:
What re you referring to?

Isabella_deL said:
I would make the most of cumshows by doing something similar to Gold shows. Basically allow models to have a goal they want to reach, a minimum tip amount to be included in the show and the length the show will go on for. Then I don't know, maybe guys would be able to see a screenshot on the main page (as there is already) and on entering the room they'd have the choice to say tip 20 tokens and be able to see what's going on in the room. I think a lot of guys won't spend on group because even that feels too expensive and they might as well just watch public shows, but if you took away public shows and guys would be able to just tip 20 tokens for a full show I think a lot of members would do it and models would end up making more. The higher tippers would be appeased because they wouldn't feel like they're paying for a free show for a bunch of dudes and the guys who never tip now would be forced to tip, and of course as public shows are currently against the rules seeing as any age viewers could see the models it'd be covering MFC's arse's too.
I think it would change the spirit of the site too much too, it would make it like Streamate, more show oriented and less social.

Kickaz said:
I don't think "freeloaders" will ever leave mfc. Their business model is "free cams" it's how they generate the traffic and makes their site different than the rest which are more private based.
Do you think they would lose money if they changed for a model like Isabella is proposing? From what I've heard, models on Streamate are making $$$ way faster than on MFC.

Kickaz said:
I like the idea of mfc having a blog and featuring different things in it. It wouldn't make them money right away but it would solidify their brand and give them further exposure.
Indeed, besides the Cam Mansion events, which I only heard about from models, they do not seem to have any official communication, and are not really present on social websites. I think it would be interesting for their brand to interact more with their models and customers.

eclipse76 said:
Isabella_deL said:
What re you referring to?

Was this question posted by a real MFC admin? I think that's what she's asking. We get so many members on here asking us what we would change about MFC, that it's not a stretch to think one of them might go on reddit and start a suggestion box there.

LadyLuna said:
eclipse76 said:
Isabella_deL said:
What are you referring to?

Was this question posted by a real MFC admin? I think that's what she's asking. We get so many members on here asking us what we would change about MFC, that it's not a stretch to think one of them might go on reddit and start a suggestion box there.
It's in the /promos/ subreddit, which is like Reddit advertisements, pinned on top of the Frontpage (that's how I've found it), so yes it's real.

eclipse76 said:
LadyLuna said:
eclipse76 said:
Isabella_deL said:

It's in the /promos/ subreddit, which is like Reddit advertisements, pinned on top of the Frontpage (that's how I've found it), so yes it's real.
But whoever created that thread is using an affiliate code. As far as I know, MFC admins only use direct link.

MyCamgirl said:
eclipse76 said:
LadyLuna said:
eclipse76 said:
Isabella_deL said:

But whoever created that thread is using an affiliate code. As far as I know, MFC admins only use direct link.
I'm assuming they're simply tracking their traffic from reddit.

eclipse76 said:
Isabella_deL said:
I don't agree with the letting couples on myfreecams. I don't like the idea of being pressured into having sex with men on camera. I also like the dynamic of the site being just women. As soon as you bring men into the picture it somehow becomes a bit less social and more mindless sex.
Yes, I love couples on camera since a couple of friends invited me over on CTB, but I don't think it's in MFC's spirit. It's good the way it is.

Isabella_deL said:
I would make the most of cumshows by doing something similar to Gold shows. Basically allow models to have a goal they want to reach, a minimum tip amount to be included in the show and the length the show will go on for. Then I don't know, maybe guys would be able to see a screenshot on the main page (as there is already) and on entering the room they'd have the choice to say tip 20 tokens and be able to see what's going on in the room. I think a lot of guys won't spend on group because even that feels too expensive and they might as well just watch public shows, but if you took away public shows and guys would be able to just tip 20 tokens for a full show I think a lot of members would do it and models would end up making more. The higher tippers would be appeased because they wouldn't feel like they're paying for a free show for a bunch of dudes and the guys who never tip now would be forced to tip, and of course as public shows are currently against the rules seeing as any age viewers could see the models it'd be covering MFC's arse's too.
I think it would change the spirit of the site too much too, it would make it like Streamate, more show oriented and less social.

I agree with both of these sentiments. Let's keep MFC girls only. I just don't like the couple dynamic might do to the site. Also, if MFC instated some sort of "Gold Show" type thing, it would change tipping entirely. Oh, didn't reach your goal? Tokens gone unless you decide to do your show for less than what you feel you deserve. Guys are aware of the fact that you have to do the show or lose your tokens so they'll tip the bare minimum. MFC is a more social aspect, plenty of guys tip for no reason at all with no interest in shows. These might turn those guys off completely. Minus glitches I think MFC is just fine the way it is. :)

eclipse76 said:
Kickaz said:
Indeed, besides the Cam Mansion events, which I only heard about from models, they do not seem to have any official communication, and are not really present on social websites. I think it would be interesting for their brand to interact more with their models and customers.

Cam Mansion actually has no connection at all to MFC. It's all Sophia Locke and M. :)

SexyStephXS said:
Let's keep MFC girls only. I just don't like the couple dynamic might do to the site. Also, if MFC instated some sort of "Gold Show" type thing, it would change tipping entirely. Oh, didn't reach your goal? Tokens gone unless you decide to do your show for less than what you feel you deserve. Guys are aware of the fact that you have to do the show or lose your tokens so they'll tip the bare minimum. MFC is a more social aspect, plenty of guys tip for no reason at all with no interest in shows. These might turn those guys off completely. Minus glitches I think MFC is just fine the way it is. :)
:text-goodpost: :text-+1: :text-yeahthat:

The only other couple of "girls only" sites have such a different, more stuck up vibe. I'm glad MFC is girls only. It sets it apart from the other big name sites that allow couples/males and does lend a different social aspect to it.

The "free" part of MyFreeCams is a major contributor to its success and I feel that adding a goldshow type system to it will detract from the tipping sensation that makes it so great.

Why aren't you all (I mean those who haven't yet, I see a few recognizable names there) going to leave your feedback on the reddit thread instead of just discussing it here?

AmberCutie said:
SexyStephXS said:
Let's keep MFC girls only. I just don't like the couple dynamic might do to the site. Also, if MFC instated some sort of "Gold Show" type thing, it would change tipping entirely. Oh, didn't reach your goal? Tokens gone unless you decide to do your show for less than what you feel you deserve. Guys are aware of the fact that you have to do the show or lose your tokens so they'll tip the bare minimum. MFC is a more social aspect, plenty of guys tip for no reason at all with no interest in shows. These might turn those guys off completely. Minus glitches I think MFC is just fine the way it is. :)

The only other couple of "girls only" sites have such a different, more stuck up vibe. I'm glad MFC is girls only. It sets it apart from the other big name sites that allow couples/males and does lend a different social aspect to it.

The "free" part of MyFreeCams is a major contributor to its success and I feel that adding a goldshow type system to it will detract from the tipping sensation that makes it so great.

Why aren't you all (I mean those who haven't yet, I see a few recognizable names there) going to leave your feedback on the reddit thread instead of just discussing it here?

I don't know about others but I use a psuedonym/my premium account name on Reddit. No one takes a SexySteph seriously. ;)

SexyStephXS said:
AmberCutie said:
SexyStephXS said:

I don't know about others but I use a psuedonym/my premium account name on Reddit. No one takes a SexySteph seriously. ;)
I recognized yours immediately (it's even highlighted in red since I've friended you there :) ) from your previous posts.

Reactions: SexySteph

SexyStephXS said:
Oh, didn't reach your goal? Tokens gone unless you decide to do your show for less than what you feel you deserve

This is something I didn't think about. To be honest I'd just like it to be pretty much exactly the same as regular MFC countdowns/cumshows but the option of going into a room with only tippers and friendslist that members could tip to come into.

Both Amber and Kickaz who've mentioned the free aspect are girls who don't do public cumshows anyway and are both getting on extremely well without them. I'm not suggesting getting rid of the free aspect or even the large tips aspect, just that when a cumshow countdown is over models can go into a not free room. Similar to group but way cheaper (for some members) and not pay per minute. All the chatting and teasing in the public room would stay the same, as would the strip tease countdowns.
This'd really just be a good way for them to go by the rules of no cumshows in public chat without giving up cumshows.
Seeing as there are already groups and privates on MFC it's hardly completely "free". You could argue that there should be no privates or groups because it doesn't have the free aspect, yet they both work for many models.

AmberCutie said:

Because I like hearing the opinions of people here. If I'm going to make a suggestion I'd like to make sure I've got the idea spot on first. Like in this situation the mention of how on streamate if the model doesn't do her show or gets cut off during the show she loses all her money. That I don't like the idea of. I still like the idea of tips being gifts, so maybe unlike streamate having a timeline it'd just be up to the models discretion if she goes into this separate room to do shows for people who've tipped.

Isabella_deL said:
Both Amber and Kickaz who've mentioned the free aspect are girls who don't do public cumshows anyway and are both getting on extremely well without them. I'm not suggesting getting rid of the free aspect or even the large tips aspect, just that when a cumshow countdown is over models can go into a not free room.
I do public cum shows now and the hope is that DURING the cum show, other members will enter and tip if they're enjoying themselves, or at least remember you and tip in the future when they have tokens. The actual cum show attracts a larger amount of viewers than the pre-show teasing part, and with numbers should in theory come more tips.

I believe this is the reason that the free aspect of MFC makes them successful. The law of numbers.

As much as many models and members loathe "freeloaders", doing much about it may have a very negative impact on both the models' and MFC's success.

Well maybe I shouldn't have linked it here. I think they expect customers reviews, not models, as it's a promo thread.
Or they may just don't care, and added "Please tell us how we can make our site better in comments." to pretend they do. :(

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot

SexyStephXS said:
Oh, didn't reach your goal? Tokens gone unless you decide to do your show for less than what you feel you deserve.

The flipside of this is that if you're a member who has tipped purely for the show at the end of the countdown and that countdown isn't met and that show doesn't happen, then you've tipped for something you won't be getting and there's no way to get the money back. I think the "Gold Show" thing is a better deal for members, whereas the "MFC countdown" favours the model - if she doesn't reach her goal, she doesn't have to do the show, and whether she does her show or not, she still gets to keep any tokens tipped.

I completely agree with everyone saying that changing anything fundamental about MFC would be bad though, and continue to not understand why models would want to eliminate freeloaders. Freeloaders are merely a by-product of a very successful marketing campaign that brings a shitload of traffic to MFC and with it, a shitload of money. Less freeloaders would not mean more tippers for models, it would just mean less members to convert into regular tippers, less conversation in rooms, less word of mouth, and smaller room counts :twocents-02cents:

AmberCutie said:
I do public cum shows now

Wow cool! I didn't know! This is like one of those top gossip moments that everyone else has known about for ages but you've just found out...
Completely off thread topic but do you prefer them to groups now? I've never been able to get the room numbers you've had in groups. I actually love cumshows though I've been put off lately by always finding them uploaded onto sites. I rarely make much during the shows unless I do stop and go.

I don't want to eliminate freeloaders. I think freeloaders are a massive part of the site. I just want to create a fairer system. A system where I don't have one or two guys completing an entire countdown and 600+ dudes watching the show. I'd rather force the "why should I pay when I'll get to see it for free anyway?" guys to tip a little bit of contribution. I would wager a lot of them would pay if they had no other option. Especially if it were so cheap.

The site has never been "myfreecumshows" anyway. Cumshows aren't even allowed by the rules, though it's a bit of a joke now. Jesus, even if it were simply a case of members having to upgrade to premium members to see cumshows it'd be some enticement for members to actually buy tokens.

MyCamgirl said:

They do have an affiliate program. It's not like most other sites that offer revshare and flat, theirs just gives a flat fee per signup (and it's reallllllly low)

So unless there is some absolute way to confirm it, i wouldn't assume that it's a post from a real mfc rep. All they really need to do is take the successful bits and pieces of other sites and apply it to themselves

eclipse76 said:
Well maybe I shouldn't have linked it here. I think they expect customers reviews, not models, as it's a promo thread.
Or they may just don't care, and added "Please tell us how we can make our site better in comments." to pretend they do. :(

If they only get customers opinions and as a side effect make models miserable, wouldn't that be sort of self destructive?

The Insider said:
MyCamgirl said:

They do have an affiliate program. It's not like most other sites that offer revshare and flat, theirs just gives a flat fee per signup (and it's reallllllly low)

So unless there is some absolute way to confirm it, i wouldn't assume that it's a post from a real mfc rep. All they really need to do is take the successful bits and pieces of other sites and apply it to themselves

There are obviously better more scientific ways of collecting feedback than a reddit thread and I notice that MFC didn't tweet about it which seems like a logical way to promote the thread. So my guess is it isn't real mfc admin, but IDK it could be. But hey better than the send us your feedback form on the site which generally seems to go into the bit bucket.
Some decent suggestions.

HiGirlsRHot said:
But hey better than the send us your feedback form on the site which generally seems to go into the bit bucket.
Some decent suggestions.

I don't think it gets lost in a bucket but they do have a very bad habit (that I've told them about many times) is that a kind word goes a long way.
Even if it's some impersonal auto sent form letter, let the people who take the time & make the effort know that their suggestion was read and appreciated.
And if someone told them about some hack or exploit or suggested a better way to do something that actually improved the side, throw them a bone.
A handful of free tokens generates a lot of good will

I wouldn't want the 'goldshow' idea to be a hard and fast rule applied to each and every room, but I think it should be an option available to each model, and she can use it as and when she deems fit.

I'm sure lots of models would never need to use it, but for some it could be really beneficial. :)

HiGirlsRHot said:
The Insider said:
MyCamgirl said:

There are obviously better more scientific ways of collecting feedback than a reddit thread and I notice that MFC didn't tweet about it which seems like a logical way to promote the thread. So my guess is it isn't real mfc admin, but IDK it could be. But hey better than the send us your feedback form on the site which generally seems to go into the bit bucket.
Some decent suggestions.
Well it's not a regular reddit thread, its an ad. (My point is that it doesn't need to be advertised on Twitter because clearly they're trying to target a new viewer base on reddit, and their Twitter followers already know of them.)

But it's formatted to look like a thread, and a public thread can sometimes be better for feedback than a regular on-site form because it spurs debate among other posters and can expose some good counterpoints.

AmberCutie said:
Well it's not a regular reddit thread, its an ad. (My point is that it doesn't need to be advertised on Twitter because clearly they're trying to target a new viewer base on reddit, and their Twitter followers already know of them.)

But it's formatted to look like a thread, and a public thread can sometimes be better for feedback than a regular on-site form because it spurs debate among other posters and can expose some good counterpoints.

Maybe I missing something but if you are looking for new users, why would you ask people unfamiliar with your site to give you feedback on how to make it better :?
Plus as rule feedback is generally negative and not something you'd want to expose potential customers to.

I do agree that an open forum is a good way to spur debate, and the voting system of reddit is particular valuable. But only if you get a significant number of comments, 36 as this moment comments isn't huge.

HiGirlsRHot said:
AmberCutie said:

Maybe I missing something but if you are looking for new users, why would you ask people unfamiliar with your site to give you feedback on how to make it better :?
Plus as rule feedback is generally negative and not something you'd want to expose potential customers to.

I do agree that an open forum is a good way to spur debate, and the voting system of reddit is particular valuable. But only if you get a significant number of comments, 36 as this moment comments isn't huge.
Like I said, it's an ad disguised to look like an actual thread, so maybe that was the tactic? lol I don't know.

Pepp said:
I wouldn't want the 'goldshow' idea to be a hard and fast rule applied to each and every room, but I think it should be an option available to each model, and she can use it as and when she deems fit.

I'm sure lots of models would never need to use it, but for some it could be really beneficial. :)

honestly, I've thought something like this would help out the girls on MFC who don't feel comfortable doing a public cum show, but can't seem to entice the members into group either.

I think the way it would work best is that it not be automatic, but a button the girl can click to go to the room, which brings up a pop-up with groups of members to pick from. The site does keep track of who tipped how much and when, so they can put the min tip within the past __ hours, another min tip for the past __ days, and select whether or not friends are included.

Something like:

(check box) include anyone who tipped (select) within the past (select) hours
(check box) include anyone who tipped (select) within the past (select) days
(check box) include members
(check box) allow preview for (select) (box with seconds and minutes)

the allow preview lets new people see what's going on and decide if they want to tip for it. The reason for the preview possibly being minutes is in case the show lasts a long time, like an hour-long baking or shave-and-shower show. But of course, the model can choose if the preview is allowed.

I would also let the models decide if they want to record and sell a video of the event, since they have recording software for the privates, but that's probably asking too much.

Since it's a button the model clicks once she's reached her goal, and not an automated goal thingy, she has chosen to do this. But she can still choose to do her goals in public chat and not go through the button. She doesn't lose any tokens for not doing it, just like right now she doesn't lose any tokens for not doing the show. She can start the show at any time, and she clicks the "end show", just like in a group.

Maybe, she can set the show up to start when a minimum number of people have tipped enough to watch the show, to make it more like the gold show. Work it like how MFC does the groups, but the text would say what the show topic is, what the minimum tip to join is, and how many people still need to join to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.