AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pms , privates and c2c

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the recent change whereby PM history going back over a certain timeframe is retained after you leave. Previously any history was lost when you left the room, or even refreshed the window.
So now when you visit a room you've been in before, you can resume sending PM's with anyone you have a PM history with in that room. Plus send anyone else in the room a PM if you are a mod, fanclub member or site supporter (by subscription).
But going into a room that is new to you, or you've been in before but earlier than the retained PM history lasts for, you can only send a PM if you are a mod, fanclub member or supporter.

But as Billy wrote above, maybe it is now working slightly differently again than when the PM chat 'update' was introduced recently......

I'd guess in the example above, the light blue user was a site supporter. Definitely would report their message as spam.

Reactions: BlueBelleBlue
Just online at moment in a friend's room.

She just posted in public chat

model I can't see pm messages, only public chat

She also used translator to have it verbally spoken in English (from Spanish).

Makes me think she could have typed.

I can't see pm messages, only public chat and tip notes

lol. Anyway, may be a strategy to use for some.

When people ask me for C2C, they usually expect me to watch them do it for free. Not gonna happen. I tell them I'll watch it for like 5 minutes for 200 tokens, and they always leave the room.

I used to charge 100 tokens to get on my PMs/friends list, but I don't anymore because youI think the 'll still just get people tip you that amount once and think they're entitled to PM you to death the entire time you're camming...and many of them you never see again or get another tip from again. So now I just have my PMs set to "friends only" (people on my MFC friends list), and I only add people that I want to add to that list. I've removed a bunch of people from that list, and currently only have TWO people on there. Lol.

I just had some dude in my room last night with 525 tokens...no hello...no tip...just right off the bat whining that he couldn't PM me. While he was doing this, I noticed his token count going down, which means he was spending money on a different model while sitting in my free chat acting like he should get some free one-on-one PM attention. Smh. I kicked him out. I remember him doing this shit at least once before...

I like that the private show rate on MyFreeCams is already set by the site itself, so we don't have to worry about deciding it ourselves. On there it's set at 60 tokens per minute (So models get $3/minute in their pocket). TRUE privates (One on one private where no one can spy on it) are set at 80 tokens per minute (Models get $4/minute in their pocket). On sites where I have to choose the rate, I'd probably make it around 60 tokens/minute too...or $6/minute or whatever.

NPs hugs, I didnt help things with taking 30+mins to press reply : )

And far as i know shes streaming to chaturbate, based on her previous posts.
So probably needs a "Tip 10 , for a PM" or something, so she can discuss in private with potential tippers.
And keep out the freeloaders.
Do you still charge for pms even if they are discussing privates?.

Do you still charge for pms even if they are discussing privates?.

Depends on the platform and the model.

On CB..
Users can pm you if they are a CB Supporter, Moderator, If they are in your paid Fan Club, or if the Model's PMed the user before in the last ~24 hours.

Models can read pm's, depending on what/if they want.

Since most users arent supporters, moderators, or fanclub.. They need to ask for a pm.
Either in general chat, in a tip note, or tipping the amount the model has on her menu for a PM.

Some models have it on their bot .. ïf someone types "pm" in general chat. reply with "Please tip 15 for a PM"

But its models choice.

Some are in a full room, and too busy for PM's, and dont like shutting their room down for a private if they have a lot of tippers in their room, anyway.
Some are bored, and dont mind PM requests, if a user tips for it / And some accept PM requests without a tip.
Some open a PM with regular's in their room, without being asked, just for a hello.
Some open a PM with everyone (Thats not a grey) that enter's their room.

Other platforms, no idea sorry. : )

Depends on the platform and the model.

On CB..
Users can pm you if they are a CB Supporter, Moderator, If they are in your paid Fan Club, or if the Model's PMed the user before in the last ~24 hours.

Models can read pm's, depending on what/if they want.

Since most users arent supporters, moderators, or fanclub.. They need to ask for a pm.
Either in general chat, in a tip note, or tipping the amount the model has on her menu for a PM.

Some models have it on their bot .. ïf someone types "pm" in general chat. reply with "Please tip 15 for a PM"

But its models choice.

Some are in a full room, and too busy for PM's, and dont like shutting their room down for a private if they have a lot of tippers in their room, anyway.
Some are bored, and dont mind PM requests, if a user tips for it / And some accept PM requests without a tip.
Some open a PM with regular's in their room, without being asked, just for a hello.
Some open a PM with everyone (Thats not a grey) that enter's their room.

Other platforms, no idea sorry. : )
They couldn't pm me last night as they were asking me to so I don't know what I have fone to change it.

Reactions: Billyboy
Status
Not open for further replies.