AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Podcast nerds!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Welcome to Nightvale fan :) saw them live last year and it was amazing!

Also I love most of the Major Spoiler podcasts, though Munchkin Land and Critical Hit are my favorites.

Reactions: zippypinhead
Oh oh! I love podcasts..

Monday Morning Podcast (Bill Burr), Risk! (really awesome story telling show. I suggest starting with Kevin Goes To Kink Camp), WTF w/ Marc Marco, Freakonomics, Serial, and occasionally The Adam & Dr.Drew show. And of course, Guys We Fucked!

Mortified podcast is one of my absolute favorites for easy listening/humor. It's people reading excerpts from their old teenage diaries out loud to a live audience. Every episode either makes me laugh or makes me cringe so hard I'm afraid my body will turn inside out.

Mortified podcast is one of my absolute favorites for easy listening/humor. It's people reading excerpts from their old teenage diaries out loud to a live audience. Every episode either makes me laugh or makes me cringe so hard I'm afraid my body will turn inside out.

I watched the documentary Mortified Nation a while back, and since then, I've found myself wishing they'd post more video of these readings. There's something extra enjoyable about seeing it performed. I guess there's a TV show happening. I hope it's stripped down and keeps its essence, and they don't try to overproduce it.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
I love All The Books and The Ricky Gervais Show and their previous radio show...Looking at these replies makes me think I should broaden my podcast horizons!

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Going back through this thread, I realize that I really tear through podcasts. It's funny, because I don't consider myself a big time listener, but apparently I am.

Anything with the McElroy brothers is amazing. My Brother, My Brother, and Me is great for general listening. It's what I usually turn on these days when I'm going to bed. It's especially nice because it has a years-deep catalog. The McElroy show I love most of all, though, is The Adventure Zone. The three brothers and their dad get together and play Dungeons & Dragons. I really savor each episode. It is absolutely my favorite roleplaying podcast I've come across. Griffin McElroy really lets his abilities as a writer shine through, and Justin McElroy is amazing in character. It's improvisational radio theater with dice rolls.

Mostly, right now, I'm really into lots of dramatic fiction. I'm currently tearing through the back episodes of Wolf 359, which is an amazing sci-fi intrigue drama. I'm equally hooked on The Magnus Archives, which is a low fantasy/horror podcast featuring an archivist for a paranormal investigation organization reading through case files and commenting on them. The stories are great, and the threads the weave between them become intriguing very quickly. Also, there's King Falls AM, which is a more humorous take on the Night Vale setup. Morning DJs have to deal with reporting on the weird goings-on in a small town.

Anyone who enjoys stuff like The Black Tapes, The No Sleep Podcast, or Welcome to Night Vale should give those a try.

Reactions: n_i_c_u and DFT
Are those on par with old school radio dramas?

FYI, the best version of Star Wars is the radio dramas.

Some are. Wolf 359 is a pure audio play, and it implies a lot of action. If you're into space opera, definitely give it a listen. King Falls AM has a lot of action happening around the main players, and they react to it, but it is definitely lively. The Magnus Archives is simply narration.

I'm really binging a lot, and seeking out more dramatic podcasts, especially horror stuff at the moment. I'll post good finds as I find them. I just started listening to Knifepoint Horror last night, and it and The Magnus Archive are very similar in both subject and format -- creepy stories simply being read.

Sexnerd Sandra.

any idea why she stopped podcasting? for a long time I thought it was just my RSS was buggy, but it seems like she doesn't podcast anymore. used to love that show.

Not Safe with Nikki Glaser was great, too. but it only ran about 40 episodes while her TV show was on

I have been listening to Last Podcast on the Left and Roundtable of Gentlemen. I am thinking about adding Caustic Soda to my listen list.

nice. IMO, CS was funnier than LPotL, but some people say the opposite.

I finished Limetown in a single sitting last night. It's a mystery drama, set up as an investigative news piece. If anyone is familiar with The Black Tapes, it's very similar in its setup, but far better in its execution. Great premise, and well paced with a strong payoff. It's six episodes, with a few short supplements in-between. There are constant rumors of a second season, but I hope it doesn't go beyond where it had ended. I think it's the type of program where the loose ends are a lot more interesting if they remain untied.

For anyone interested this is my favorite current podcast: It's a mental health podcast where psychologist Robert Duff answers viewers different questions about mental health (he's answered mine and I was super fangirly and happy lol) He's very non-clinical steering away from full 'psycho babble' talk and also has relaxing asmr vids on youtube.

http://www.duffthepsych.com/category/podcast/

Reactions: CosmicRose and Gen
I don't remember what life was like before podcasts. My favorite podcasts right now are Dino and Andy's Skull Juice (irreverent), That's Deep Bro (helpful) and the Duncan Trussell Family Hour (psychedelic).

Current favorites (that I actually listen to)...

oh my gosh Pod Save America you guys! It's done by four former Obama staffers so it's really informative, but also very funny. Also very left wing, you know, if you're into that sort of thing. Also the almost immediate spin offs : Pod Save the World (a little more serious) and Lovett or Leave It (a little sillier).

Also, if you liked Serial and TAL, check out S-Town! I'm only on the second episode, but basically it's a guy from This American Life who goes to investigate an alleged murder in a small Alabama town. The main "character" is this southern clock maker/ dog rescuer, and it seems to offer a glimpse into small towns, rural southern life, and the relationships within. Or so I've been told, haha.

I also like Stuff You Should Know, Stuff Your Mom Never Told You, Savage Love, and Fresh Air (it's a little dry, but we listen at work every day and I :h: Terry Gross.)

I don't remember what life was like before podcasts.

Podcasts in general remind me of those old radio shows that were the only source of information and entertainment in one's home before TV arrived. Podcasts seem like a throwback to a more leisurely, relaxed time (and that's a good thing).

I don't remember what life was like before podcasts.

dude, I remember growing up without broadband and it taking 1-hour per podcast (back when podcasts were only about 20mb (now they're more like 40-150)

dude, I remember growing up without broadband and it taking 1-hour per podcast (back when podcasts were only about 20mb (now they're more like 40-150)

Haha, I am old enough to remember it taking 12 hours to download a single song off napster on dial-up. It's wild how fast technology advanced once it got going.

Haha, I am old enough to remember it taking 12 hours to download a single song off napster on dial-up. It's wild how fast technology advanced once it got going.

no shit? when I had napster it seemed like all Americans had DSL minimum

do you remember resumable-download napster? lol, I'm not quite that old, I just heard tales about it --- oh how we hated phone calls ruining our downloads!!!

Outside of just a bunch of ESPN and other sports related podcasts. My favorite podcasts are as follows:

The Crabfeast with Ryan Sickler and Jay Larson - #FTCF 5* - It's a pure comedy/storytelling adventure never disappoints

Half Hour Happy Hour with Alison Haislip and Alex Albrecht - They keep a tech slant, but it's mostly drinking and getting sidetracked.

The Grizzly Bear Egg Cafe with Clayton Morris and Mike Quackenbush - 2 lifelong best friends that just basically catch up once a week to talk about life/movies/comic books/music etc.

Generation Why - They live in that sword and scale let's tackle murders/unsolved mysteries etc. type of cases

The Retroist Podcast - The show is pretty inconsistent with the schedule these days, but the host generally tackles a subject from primarily the 80's and discusses it for about 30-45 minutes just a fun little slice of nostalgia.

Then I don't listen to them as frequently anymore but the Rogan podcast and the shows he spawned like Church of What's Happening Now, Duncan Trussell, Kill Tony etc.

Some of my favorites....

We're Alive A modern spin on an old radio serial, it's a modern day zombie thriller with great acting and sound effects!

Pod Castle A fantasy fiction podcast with a new story every week, stories range from 20-40 min typically.

Pseudo Pod The horror version of the above podcast.

Escape Pod The sci fi version of the above podcast.

All are excellent!

Status
Not open for further replies.