AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Point and Click

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zippypinhead

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jan 21, 2013
The last time we had a topic on this was years ago, and the thread has been locked. It was a short but informative thread, so here's a link.

I still love the format, and have been playing many lately. And every time I get into adventure games, the wheels start turning, and I begin wanting to make an adventure game for myself! It especially appeals to me as an illustrator.

So, point and click, and really any low-input interactive narrative formats (VNs, dating sims, etc.) new and old. Any love?

The thread from three years ago recommended Machinarium, so I got it then. I had put some time into it, but then set it aside to sit in my inventory until yesterday. I finished the whole thing in one sitting, and it was so much fun! Amanita Designs makes really wonderful games. I've sampled all of them, except for their latest, Samarost 3, and I would recommend them all. I hear Samarost 3 is the best of the bunch, too, so I'm looking forward to getting it soon.

Reactions: Lorelei
I really enjoy old LucasArts point-and-click games from the early 90s. Best of all, they're free! Check out ScummVM for more in-depth information (http://scummvm.org). My favorites among those are the Monkey Island series, Simon the Sorcerer + its sequel, Day of the Tentacle, and Beneath A Steel Sky. It also supports some of the old Indiana Jones games, Leisure Suit Larry titles, and so much more. (I also really liked Flight of the Amazon Queen.) Other stuff includes Zork and The 7th Guest and of course Myst. A full compatibility list can be found here: https://www.scummvm.org/compatibility/.

You may of course have been asking for more modern titles, but these old games make me super happy and a little nostalgic. :)

Also Machinarium was absolutely wonderful and I'm curious what you'll think of Samarost 3, I haven't played it yet! If you post your impression of it when you get around to playing it, I'd be interested to hear about it! :nerd:

• Helpful!
Reactions: zippypinhead
I really enjoy old LucasArts point-and-click games from the early 90s. Best of all, they're free! Check out ScummVM for more in-depth information (http://scummvm.org). My favorites among those are the Monkey Island series, Simon the Sorcerer + its sequel, Day of the Tentacle, and Beneath A Steel Sky. It also supports some of the old Indiana Jones games, Leisure Suit Larry titles, and so much more. (I also really liked Flight of the Amazon Queen.) Other stuff includes Zork and The 7th Guest and of course Myst. A full compatibility list can be found here: https://www.scummvm.org/compatibility/.

You may of course have been asking for more modern titles, but these old games make me super happy and a little nostalgic. :)

Also Machinarium was absolutely wonderful and I'm curious what you'll think of Samarost 3, I haven't played it yet! If you post your impression of it when you get around to playing it, I'd be interested to hear about it! :nerd:

It's funny you mention SCUMM. I was just watching a nice little history video about the creation of SCUMM and the rise of LucasArts. I never knew what SCUMM stood as an acronym for, and it's an interesting bit of trivia!

I've had ScummVM installed on both my computer and tablet forever, but I do end up buying updated versions of old games when I can. I don't mind supporting good storefront operations like GOG and Humble that way. The likes of Double Fine and Telltale have put in some good effort in keeping a lot of the classics alive, and I'd like it to keep going and stay in the hands of people who at least care, especially since Disney has killed LucasArts.

I'm seeing Samarost 3 on sale a lot lately, so I hope I'll be able to get my hands on it pretty soon. In the meantime, I've only just started Botanicula. It's simultaneously very sweet and weird.

Reactions: Lorelei
Thimbleweed Park just came out last week, and it looks great. Very retro. I'm looking forward to getting it.

I'm enjoying it a lot. Very retro, in pretty much every way, which is mostly good but also occasionally frustrating. But you expect to get stuck a few times in that sort of game.

I enjoy the Last Door series quite a bit. Is has multiple episodic games and a cool, Lovecraftian storyline that has an overarching plot. I also loved the Dark Dream series, which if I remember right is on New Grounds.

I'm enjoying it a lot. Very retro, in pretty much every way, which is mostly good but also occasionally frustrating. But you expect to get stuck a few times in that sort of game.

I realized the other day just how much it has the stylistic flavor of a 16-bit Maniac Mansion.

I enjoy the Last Door series quite a bit. Is has multiple episodic games and a cool, Lovecraftian storyline that has an overarching plot. I also loved the Dark Dream series, which if I remember right is on New Grounds.

Scarfulhu recently did a profile on The Last Door. Great video, and it really sells the game.

I really loved The Cat Lady and Downfall (dark, sort of Silent-hill-like horror games), and also Primordia (that one is a post-apocalyptic game about robots left in a world without people). I'm sorry if they have been mentioned, but they are really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.