AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Private chat questions

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2011
Iowa
profiles.myfreecams.com
I have been reading around this forum before getting started on MFC and wanted some opinions...

Mainly, I was reading the thread about one-minute men and the annoyances of private chats.

-My thoughts were that, in just starting out, to not have private chats, but of course have more 'exciting' shows (you know what I mean, I'm sure) when there are high tips... And then eventually do privates for people that have been there a few times and you know are worth it (regulars).

-My other idea was that if I was going to allow privates from the start, to try and save them for the end of my shift. I see a lot of talk of rooms clearing out because of taking a break for a private session, so I think that it makes sense to do them last to avoid this. Of course that has its own set of issues, like people not wanting to wait.

Just two ideas to help battle the issues I'm reading about and curious your thoughts... Or if there's a better way to do it!

I know everyone is different as to what they will and won't do in public chat vs. private chat, so I'm sorry if the suggestions/questions were vague (was trying to appeal to everyone's wisdom!). Feel free to also share what you do in private that you won't in public, if you do both. :)

*I thought this was a bit of a different question than the other thread, but if it is out of place or shouldn't be here then I apologize and feel free to remove it!

I am *very* new, so I hope the other ladies will correct me if I tell you the wrong thing, but here's my formula so far:

No penetration in public chat

I will flash toys/pussy for small tips and also countdown to bra and then panties off in public. I do a bit of rubbing over and under panties, but if they want to see toys then they have to take me to group or private. Guys will try to tell you that you're losing tips by not doing this if they push, but if they were sincere then they would have already taken you to private to see what they want.

I try to save most fetish stuff for private, but I don't mind showing my feet a little because I love foot fetishests. I tend to end up finding and dating them, and I can tell you that no one will treat you better than a foot fetishist. So I guess I try to give them peaks without taking away from what everyone else wants to see.

Other than that, it's pretty much up to you depending on what you're comfortable with and what workday for you.

I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks about this, especially if I'm not doing it right.

May I also suggest signing up on mfc and shooting Amber a message so that you can get model status. I did this way before I ever went on cam, and I'm glad I did because the models only section is a wealth of knowledge and s
upport.

One thing that I almost forgot is that I noticed that the people who stayed in my room pretty much all night stayed during private or left and came back later on. Just be sure that if you get tipped to do something that you do it before you disappear to the private so no one gets hurt feelings.

:hello2: MsKtty,
What you do is completely up to you and your comfort level.
I will caution tho,.. be careful how you train your room in what to 'expect' in free chat. If they get used to waiting without any contribution and getting enough to satisfy them, then it will be hell to make anything. Also, you dont mention groups.. I have heard from many girls that have active rooms that they can be and frequently are, very good token mines... Its all how you work the room and fill the groups and from there its simple math. I frequently see gp's that last 30 or more minutes with double digit participation even tho the members do come and go during.

Basically, BettyB has a laid out a solid game plan to start with....

But what do I know.... I'm just a guy. :cool: :-D

BettyBallistic: Thanks for the information! That was actually very helpful. :) I will get signed up on MFC so I can go soak up more info.

SoTxBob: I totally spaced on groups, I'm sorry! I understand what you are saying though, thank you!

EDIT: I submitted my application to MFC just now. :)

Sorry for the gratuitous amount of type-os earlier, I was posting from my phone and it always autocorrects everything as retardedly as possible.

SoTxBob is totally right, groups are the shizz. Generally I kind of just do whatever I want in group and just make sure that the guys get things that they don't see in a public show. Sometimes you can all discuss what's going to go down, but generally it's however I feel like getting off. If they are demanding something special that's not what you already want to do and the majority aren't in agreement, they should tip an additional amount of tokens because other people are watching too. I only want someone ordering me around in private, because they are paying a bigger amount of tokens for a more personalized experience.

Again, this is just going off of what I think. I am completely open to anyone else's opinion.

Reactions: LiLredhairedgrl
Privates are serious moneymakers for the models, so I would caution you about turning down privates for any reason. You may be rethinking that idea when you go days without anyone seeking a private.

:twocents-02cents:

ComicOzzie said:
Privates are serious moneymakers for the models, so I would caution you about turning down privates for any reason. You may be rethinking that idea when you go days without anyone seeking a private.

:twocents-02cents:

Agreed. Tokens are not easy to come by on MFC these days. Unless you are well established on MFC as a public-tip or group show model, I don't think you can afford to turn down privates. Also, some of the members who take you private and get to know you a little might end up sticking around and tipping in public chat for the hell of it.

Reactions: BettyBallistic
To cut down on the loss of people after private, one person suggested posting on either twitter or MFC's news feed that you're back and ready for more action.

Don't remember who, where, or when, but I thought it was a great idea. I'm just not much of a networker.

So a big suggestion is to get a twitter with either your model name or some other name (I use my pen name), and have that be your MFC twitter that you give all the guys. Just ignore the private messages begging for freebies. :p If you keep it open, those guys who don't want to get a twitter can still see the messages to know when you're back.

Good luck!

ComicOzzie said:
Privates are serious moneymakers for the models, so I would caution you about turning down privates for any reason.

That's true.
I'm the kind of girl who makes most of her tokens in privates. That's because I rarely show my breasts in public chat (and nothing more) and I don't do groups for fear of being recorded. (I know, I know, people can record a private show too, but it's not as likely.)
I only do TruePrivates and those usually last 20 minutes or longer. I make most of my tokens that way.

You really shouldn't turn down privates, they are a moneymaker.

LadyLuna said:
To cut down on the loss of people after private, one person suggested posting on either twitter or MFC's news feed that you're back and ready for more action.

Don't remember who, where, or when, but I thought it was a great idea. I'm just not much of a networker.

So a big suggestion is to get a twitter with either your model name or some other name (I use my pen name), and have that be your MFC twitter that you give all the guys. Just ignore the private messages begging for freebies. :p If you keep it open, those guys who don't want to get a twitter can still see the messages to know when you're back.

Good luck!

My thinking though would be that if they cared enough to read your newsfeed or tweets they'd probly just wait in your room. When one of my faves goes private or away I just chill and chat/browse the net til she returns - it's only the casual rubberneckers and basics who leave.

Reactions: WickedTouch
Jupiter551 said:
LadyLuna said:

Good luck!

My thinking though would be that if they cared enough to read your newsfeed or tweets they'd probly just wait in your room. When one of my faves goes private or away I just chill and chat/browse the net til she returns - it's only the casual rubberneckers and basics who leave.

I tend to agree... once you have established regulars in yr room, they do tend to stick around and wait for you to return from a show. When I am in my favourite models room and she goes into a private show, I usually get a PM from her to that effect.. nice to be in the loop... but she knows I'm not shallow and will always stick around anyway. Usually it is the freeloaders/basic/casual window browsers who drift away quickly once a show starts.

I always refresh my cam when I come back from group or private. For one it fixes the occasional glitch of me not showing up on the homepage after and makes me flash yellow. Most of my favorite fellas will be there when I get back but I normally work off of scheduled privates and they tend to be pretty damn long, so I don't expect them to be sitting there.

I have been told many times that I showed as still in "group" or "private" long after I had returned so refreshing every time (turning cam off/on) is never a bad idea.

Hanging around a model's chat while she is in a private session is not proof of character or friendship. It is proof of having nothing better to do.

Sevrin said:
Hanging around a model's chat while she is in a private session is not proof of character or friendship. It is proof of having nothing better to do.

... or looking at the other side... just having patience perhaps?

Reactions: 1 person
Unless I commit specifically to spending time with a cam model, for whatever reason, I do not owe it to her to hang around like a pet dog. Nor, barring some similar commitment, does a cam model owe it to me to log on or do anything else for that matter.

I'm a perv on a cam site, not a boyfriend or husband or something. If models are entitled to offline lives without having to explain themselves, and they certainly are in my book, aren't pervs entitled to the same freedom? That does not mean that I won't ever hang around for no good reason, but that does not make me a hero.

Sevrin said:
Unless I commit specifically to spending time with a cam model, for whatever reason, I do not owe it to her to hang around like a pet dog. Nor, barring some similar commitment, does a cam model owe it to me to log on or do anything else for that matter.

I'm a perv on a cam site, not a boyfriend or husband or something. If models are entitled to offline lives without having to explain themselves, and they certainly are in my book, aren't pervs entitled to the same freedom? That does not mean that I won't ever hang around for no good reason, but that does not make me a hero.

Point taken! :) :handgestures-salute:

Sevrin said:

Not sure what you're getting at...no one was suggesting hanging around while the model is in a show is being a hero, or it means you're hanging around like a puppy, but they have this thing called "popup windows" if I want to look at other girls in the meantime, or do whatever.

But if I enjoy hanging out in a girl's room on a regular basis, to me it's more trouble to leave and then be uber vigilant to watch the friend list for when she comes back than to just leave the room open, do whatever I want and tab back to it when I hear her talk...

I agree about the perv on a camsite thing, variety is the spice of life and I think any model I see regularly is under no illusions that I watch whoever I please, whenever I please.

JoleneJolene said:
I always refresh my cam when I come back from group or private. For one it fixes the occasional glitch of me not showing up on the homepage after and makes me flash yellow. Most of my favorite fellas will be there when I get back but I normally work off of scheduled privates and they tend to be pretty damn long, so I don't expect them to be sitting there.

I have been told many times that I showed as still in "group" or "private" long after I had returned so refreshing every time (turning cam off/on) is never a bad idea.

Another point about this is the girls I like I have it set up where MFC will email me when they log on. So if a girl logs off and back on I get a email so I know.

And there are many different ways to do the privates, but I saw one girl and this worked well for her. She set a goal for the month and if she meet it she would give a free public show. It's not as good as her private more of a tease of what can be.

Erragal said:
Another point about this is the girls I like I have it set up where MFC will email me when they log on. So if a girl logs off and back on I get a email so I know.

\

I get that email several hours late sometimes.

Shaun__ said:
Erragal said:

\

Also it doesn't email you whenever they go private, then away, then return (thank god), so it only works if they log off after their private, then come back.

Shaun__ said:
Erragal said:

\

Living in Canada, I can get SMS, but in my experience, there is a notification sent out around the time the model first goes on camera, and then again 5 hours later, if she has been online more-or-less continuously.

Making 3 dollars a minute for a private show? HELLS YEAH.
On the rare occasion I do get on MFC I promote privates like craaazy. They're awesome. I know some models are cool and comfortable staying in public chat. I suppose if you had a large following that would work, but that takes awhile.
One thing I do notice tho: Those that penetrate and are naked and doing private acts in public chat usually have a shit ton of people in their room. However, out of those like 900, maybe seven are regular tippers. The other men are just lurking in there to watch the action for free. Just some food for thought.

LiciousLily said:
Making 3 dollars a minute for a private show? HELLS YEAH.
On the rare occasion I do get on MFC I promote privates like craaazy. They're awesome. I know some models are cool and comfortable staying in public chat. I suppose if you had a large following that would work, but that takes awhile.
One thing I do notice tho: Those that penetrate and are naked and doing private acts in public chat usually have a shit ton of people in their room. However, out of those like 900, maybe seven are regular tippers. The other men are just lurking in there to watch the action for free. Just some food for thought.
Very good information, thank you!

If I have a set "show" to do, I always try to do it before allowing groups/privates. I've actually found that this has worked out the best for me.

Like if I am playing a game, i turn off groups & pvts until the game is over because rooms will seriously CLEAR when in group and pvt. It sucks, but especially starting out, it's a reality. So if you're in the middle of a countdown an dleave to private, you're going to come back to a pretty dead room and basically have to restart the whole momentum of the countdown. It's a bitch if you really want to achieve the countdown. But that's just what i have found to be true for me. All models are different. Find your groove and go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.