AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Private sessions: a couple of questions for the models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2016
So I know some of the models, particularly those who rely on private sessions, are advertising themselves on multiple sites at the same time - which is fine. But I've seen one model on mfc who, when she takes a session on her other site, simply turns her mfc camera to face away but leaves the audio on. Is that normal or considered good etiquette? I don't know what other site she's using or what expectation of privacy it involves, but they seem to be one-on-one sessions and I don't know that the guys are aware the sound is being broadcast elsewhere.

The other thing that's been quite noticeable, on the two or three occasions I've dropped into her room when this has been going on, is the abruptness with which these sessions have all ended. She pretty much just stops mid-sentence, turns her cam back round again and resumes her neutral posture, as if this were all perfectly normal.

Which just made me wonder - is that how many of these private sessions end? The guy just loses interest / runs out of credit / makes his little mess and then drops out without a by-your-leave? I'm sure, if it's costing by the minute, that you're not going to expect long drawn-out goodbyes, but in the small number of private sessions I've taken it wouldn't have occurred to me to just disappear without bring the session and conversation to some sort of conclusion that the model was aware of.

It's extremely common to have sessions end abruptly. Especially on sites like Streamate where they are less socially focused and more wham bam. And yes also sometimes people do just run out of tokens or their card limits and that will end them as well.

@Teagan - did that never bother you or make you feel a bit put out, at least to begin with? Or even still, if it's someone you thought you were getting along well with?

A lot of the guys when kicked back to free chat will say thank you and all if it was a money issue. The ones who just leave and leave the room could be taken rudely or even make some models wonder if they did a bad job however I choose to think of it as his hands are full cleaning up a mess and about to take a nap lol. Its all in how you look at it, I choose the bright side.

@Teagan - did that never bother you or make you feel a bit put out, at least to begin with? Or even still, if it's someone you thought you were getting along well with?
It makes me feel put out. If I feel like Im treated like a toy then when you come back I will probably treat you like an ATM. I definately appreciate the guys who say thankyou, or atleast say, that was great, bye! Then jump out. If they jump out then come back into free to say the longer goodbye I am happy. We don´t need a big goodbye at $9 a minute but I do appreciate it and I think it makes the next time we have together better, cause I know you won´t run away the moment you cum and it kinda shows they care.

But I've seen one model on mfc who, when she takes a session on her other site, simply turns her mfc camera to face away but leaves the audio on. Is that normal or considered good etiquette?
IMO that's really weird. On her end, it's a bad idea because it's likely lowering her camscore? She's staying in chat and not making any money on MFC, so it would negatively affect her placement. And if I was her customer, I would be really mad about that too. If someone is paying me for a private show, it's going to stay that way.

I don't mind guys leaving abruptly, as I know that there are MANY possibilities for technical issues, as well as simply not realizing that the limit has been reached.

I don't like the idea of her facing the cam the other way, but at the same time I get it. Thing is turning off your cam on MFC, and coming back will make it a smaller room count. Even going private on MFC will kill the room, even if it's short.

On the flip side...I'd be pretty pissed as a member. This is one of the reasons I won't duel cam. It it really hard to not come off as rude while split-camming, and you're guaranteed to have worse quality.

And it can even get worse... there are models who subsequently sell your pvt as a video on another website... Seriously, as a customer I look for ladies that are working on 1 site at a time only.

On a similar note: last week I tweeted about how rude I thought it was that a model was PMing me when I got online while she was in a private. I mean.. there is a customer paying her for her attention. I am sure the "Hi bb" can wait for 5 more minutes till the private is done. I don't PM models in a show.. and I don't want them to PM me while they are in a show either.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention that sound is still on when it says away from camera!! Yes it's normal for sessions to sometimes end abruptly. On private chat focussed sites guys often pop in to a girl's room quickly to see if she's what he's after or can offer whatever kink or fetish he is interested in. Sometimes even long and involved sessions can end abruptly as well because credit runs out or the guy just decides ok i've cum no need to pay any more lol. Nearly always i get someone popping back into my cheaper group session just to say thanks, or emailing that they enjoyed our show. It's no biggie.

I can see how that would burst the bubble for a lot of guys who like to think we all do this for the fun because we love it so much. It can hurt to see we're actually pretty business focussed lol x

And it can even get worse... there are models who subsequently sell your pvt as a video on another website... Seriously, as a customer I look for ladies that are working on 1 site at a time only.

On a similar note: last week I tweeted about how rude I thought it was that a model was PMing me when I got online while she was in a private. I mean.. there is a customer paying her for her attention. I am sure the "Hi bb" can wait for 5 more minutes till the private is done. I don't PM models in a show.. and I don't want them to PM me while they are in a show either.
Girls actually do that? I would personally feel really awful doing that, I would ask if I can if I were in the business of selling pvts.. I have once sold the pvt after a guy actually suggested it but I dunno, I would feel odd doing that.
I think PMing while a guy is paying per second for your attention is just not right.. but I do PM when I am in an ignore pvt or if a guy went to go get something and I have a minute or two..

Thanks for bringing it to my attention that sound is still on when it says away from camera!!

Ah, no - sorry for any lack of clarity there. I don't mean it's being set to "away from cam", I just mean that she is quite literally turning her cam round so it's not facing her. We can still hear what's going on but the cam is facing a blank wall.

As far as being "business-focused" goes - that's good and a healthy attitude to have, particularly given all the crap that I've no doubt you have to put up with. But even within a professional context some people are thinner or thicker skinned than others. (I'm not especially good at just brushing it off if customers are rude or abrupt to me at work.)

I dont see anything wrong with selling your own shows as videos later. A ton of girls do it and even one girl from the forum made a program that will record your shows on SM just for this reason. It does bug me though someone is just turning her cam away from herself to do shows on other sites. That's rude and hurts you in the long run. What if a dude wants something specific like his name said and others can hear that?? Geez.

I've been a cam model for a long time so i think i am just used to it. I don't take any offence and like i said above i often get emails to say thank you. My feedback on my main site is out of this world good so i'm pretty confident they love me and leaving abruptly sometimes isn't personal :D

I dont see anything wrong with selling your own shows as videos later. A ton of girls do it and even one girl from the forum made a program that will record your shows on SM just for this reason. It does bug me though someone is just turning her cam away from herself to do shows on other sites. That's rude and hurts you in the long run. What if a dude wants something specific like his name said and others can hear that?? Geez.
But do sell them when they say the guys name or his voice is in it too? That is what I do in almost all my pvt shows so I feel like it would be a bit of a violation of privacy in a way...
If it is a pvt show that could also be a public show (like just basic, no names, no voice) then I dont think it would be too bad and is actually pretty smart.

But do sell them when they say the guys name or his voice is in it too? That is what I do in almost all my pvt shows so I feel like it would be a bit of a violation of privacy in a way...
If it is a pvt show that could also be a public show (like just basic, no names, no voice) then I dont think it would be too bad and is actually pretty smart.
Some do and some dont. They will list them though that a certain name is said like "Tom" or whatever. Ive never seen anyone sell one where someone elses full name is said. There are many Toms out there i'm assuming is their line of thinking or guys who are into cuckolding.

Some do and some dont. They will list them though that a certain name is said like "Tom" or whatever. Ive never seen anyone sell one where someone elses full name is said. There are many Toms out there i'm assuming is their line of thinking or guys who are into cuckolding.
Im having a whole 180 view on this... I was like omg no that is wrong... now I am thinking wait that is smart. I dont think I would do it for really personal shows but for some maybe. Do you remember what that thread was called or can you link it to me? I searched and couldnt find much.

Reactions: Amberlie_
Im having a whole 180 view on this... I was like omg no that is wrong... now I am thinking wait that is smart. I dont think I would do it for really personal shows but for some maybe. Do you remember what that thread was called or can you link it to me? I searched and couldnt find much.
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/custom-streamate-program-record-your-shows-easily.9416/

Itll take you to a MO thread so sorry guys you cant see that lol. Really to me I would never sell super intimate or super specific shows but general masturbation or great fetish ones I would. I sometimes do wish I had something recorded after the fact so this is a good way to accomplish that on SM.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I dont see anything wrong with selling your own shows as videos later.
I've only ever done that with public shows, and then only rarely. I feel like a private show is for the benefit of the person who is paying for it. Usually we do things at his pace, in the order he wants to see them, and I like to be vocal with him about what he wants to do or see. That's what makes a show different from a video in the first place, IMO.

It makes me feel put out. If I feel like Im treated like a toy then when you come back I will probably treat you like an ATM. I definately appreciate the guys who say thankyou, or atleast say, that was great, bye! Then jump out. If they jump out then come back into free to say the longer goodbye I am happy. We don´t need a big goodbye at $9 a minute but I do appreciate it and I think it makes the next time we have together better, cause I know you won´t run away the moment you cum and it kinda shows they care.

Thissss so much! I don't often do privates but when I do, some kind of thanks would be nice. It's like buying something from a shop - yes you may have handed over the money and got your product, but you'd probably still say thanks to the cashier. Doesn't have to take forever - I've only had a few occasions where the guy has been saying thanks while still in the private, and even then I felt kind of bad ha. Saying something in public chat works too. I do pay attention to the tokens and sometimes I notice it cuts off at a round number, so in those cases I figure they ran out. Generally if I go to public chat at that point they'll come by to say thanks there. But I have had cases where it's literally just ended, or I'm in the middle of something and he just goes 'thanks' and ends it, and then I'm left feeling kind of weird. I also found this weird about group shows - I've only done one, but I found that nobody said anything and they just left as they felt like it so that was super awkward ha. This is another reason why I only really do privates sometimes and with members I know a bit...

I have recorded privates before, but only after asking the member if it was ok first. I know most members see it as a personal show, and may not feel comfortable with it resold while involving them.

I've only ever done that with public shows, and then only rarely. I feel like a private show is for the benefit of the person who is paying for it. Usually we do things at his pace, in the order he wants to see them, and I like to be vocal with him about what he wants to do or see. That's what makes a show different from a video in the first place, IMO.

If a guy pays for exclusive or true private then yes I do think he deserves for that to stay private as he is paying for that privilege and for no one to lurk and such. However if it's a public show, gold show, or just a normal private that allows spies or others to come in I dont see how he could expect that to be exclusive to him only forever or be pissy if you record it. If a guy wants exclusive you time he should pay for it and he has that option on the sites. Also a lot of girls who just do gold shows or public or non exclusive privates actually dont even take requests from the guys so recording shows like that would work more for them vs what you do in yours. To each their own. I dont record mine and never did but I see nothing wrong with the girls who do.

From what the OP describes it seems rude models attract rude members. I find dropping out of private time without reason or warning inappropriate. I also find running another room on another site while actively private inappropriate too (Even if not fully active it's a distraction, like she's waiting for a more important member to arrive).

Reactions: corsican1
Cams.com records every private and puts them on the models profile, which can be viewed for for a fee (4.99 for the whole thing or .99/min) or for free by the models fan club members. The model can also shoes to remove any number of them, but they are a pretty good perk of joining a fanclub there.

Thissss so much! I don't often do privates but when I do, some kind of thanks would be nice. It's like buying something from a shop - yes you may have handed over the money and got your product, but you'd probably still say thanks to the cashier. Doesn't have to take forever - I've only had a few occasions where the guy has been saying thanks while still in the private, and even then I felt kind of bad ha. Saying something in public chat works too. I do pay attention to the tokens and sometimes I notice it cuts off at a round number, so in those cases I figure they ran out. Generally if I go to public chat at that point they'll come by to say thanks there. But I have had cases where it's literally just ended, or I'm in the middle of something and he just goes 'thanks' and ends it, and then I'm left feeling kind of weird. I also found this weird about group shows - I've only done one, but I found that nobody said anything and they just left as they felt like it so that was super awkward ha. This is another reason why I only really do privates sometimes and with members I know a bit...
Yeah. I think I am talking about the guys whose pvt shows are like this
hi bb
boobs bb
pussy play bb
do you have a toy?
*mid masturbation*
logs off.
no thanks in public, no nothing, and when it happens a few times its clear its not a glitch or limit.... not loving you.
Sometimes I like it when a guy logs off when he is done, if he isnt very confident the goodbye can be awkward, but he should always say thanks in public again, or next time he comes in, or leave a small tip or email or something.

Reactions: CherryChu
I dont see anything wrong with selling your own shows as videos later.
I could never record one of my private shows with a model and sell it.... I don't particularly mind if a model does, but it may be polite and wise to ask, as it is a limited contract. Not asking for consent may be as legally risky, as it is wrong.

I could never record one of my private shows with a model and sell it.... I don't particularly mind if a model does, but it may be polite and wise to ask, as it is a limited contract. Not asking for consent may be as legally risky, as it is wrong.

No. Members do not own the copyright of our shows ever so members recording and selling them is wrong and legally wrong as well. It's theft. They own no rights to the shows what so ever. Models however DO own the copyrights to their own shows therefore selling them is in no way legally wrong on our end. It may be polite to ask however like I said if you arent paying for an exclusive show you shouldnt expect it to be exclusive anyway.

Models however DO own the copyrights to their own shows therefore selling them is in no way legally wrong on our end.
Copyright is limited to what has been bought for a private show, or exclusive show. It has an implied contract/ agreement in how the model may use the material. Some of the components in exclusive content are inspired by / involve the buyer, it is similar to the reason why MFC banned public shows, the consent of those in the background was the issue there. In this case the issue is the idea, much like a movie contract with books.
Not that this has been tested in court or is likely to be, but as a model why take that risk, it is easier to just ask/ get consent.

The model owns all of her content, in an exclusive show it has been sold (in a limited way) to the buyer as exclusive. In a private show the story is a combined effort of member and model (The model owns her image, but not all content). Using this content may constitute a fraudulent sale of the original material. Keep in mind the model has a responsibility to protect the sexual practices of those buying their content. Exclusive and private content is bought and gets a high premium for this reason.

For those not wanting to ask, any standard shows the model does in her content is probably safe enough to record and sell, and most members wont mind, especially if the model get's a decent reward for it. Anything that could be specific to a particular member, I would highly recommend asking to use first.

I'm not even gonna get into it except to say no. I don't know where you're getting your info from but it's wrin . We own our copyright. You can not imply a contract on someone. It doesn't work that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.