AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Profile frustration !!! HELP PLEASE!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaeDollBABY

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
May 26, 2013
I am getting freaking frustrated here. :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4:

I been learning all on my own html and css and look and watching videos but I'm not really getting like any luck so far getting my profile to look how i want it... I figured out how to make posters (using GIMP), add color, add pictures on to the profile but (i know i need to learn more about css to do this) but i want my profile to look at little like this....
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/LexxiStar :hello2:
or even better
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/ChristineAsh :thumbleft:

I'm bout to lose it searching and not finding the answer...

This is my profile now
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/TaeDollBABY :violin: <<<---- this is sad

I look everything off madder than a mf... Plz excuse the cam score!

TaeDollBABY said:
I am getting freaking frustrated here. :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4:

I been learning all on my own html and css and look and watching videos but I'm not really getting like any luck so far getting my profile to look how i want it... I figured out how to make posters (using GIMP), add color, add pictures on to the profile but (i know i need to learn more about css to do this) but i want my profile to look at little like this....
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/LexxiStar :hello2:
or even better
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/ChristineAsh :thumbleft:

I'm bout to lose it searching and not finding the answer...

This is my profile now
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/TaeDollBABY :violin: <<<---- this is sad

I look everything off madder than a mf... Plz excuse the cam score!

Christine Ash hired a designer to make her profile.
Not sure about LexxiStar but It looks like someone did it professionally.

To get those kind of upgrades you need to learn CSS as WELL as HTML or pay someone to do it.

Reactions: Evvie
Reactions: AnaVictoriaXO
Just because someone helped with her profile, doesn't mean she "hired" someone to design it. ChristineAsh has said before that she didn't pay for it to be done.

To get those kind of upgrades you need to learn CSS as WELL as HTML or pay someone to do it.

guest105105 said:
Just because someone helped with her profile, doesn't mean she "hired" someone to design it. ChristineAsh has said before that she didn't pay for it to be done.

Thank you for the lesson in semantics no one really cares about. Hired, got a friend to do it free, paid with videos, paid with panties...not the point. She didn't do it herself.

guest105105 said:

Good point, sorry. The person who developed ChristineAsh's profile now sells his services to webcamgirls, I believe he did hers without pay in order to gain the exposure.. my point was her profile was done PROFESSIONALLY. If you are lucky enough to find a professional who will work for free, then thats pretty awesome.

Profile only does so much I've found. They can be very pretty but I don't think they influence cam score much, I would just keep reading and updating until it comes together. That's what I'm in the process of right now with my profile, I'm also getting help.

Reactions: Kickaz
Annvious said:
Profile only does so much I've found. They can be very pretty but I don't think they influence cam score much, I would just keep reading and updating until it comes together. That's what I'm in the process of right now with my profile, I'm also getting help.

I'm thinking you probably meant this as a 'my profile looks nice and neat making it easier for members to read and find out what to tip for' kind of way, but on the off chance you didn't (or just to clarify for people who might think this), profiles don't influence camscores in the slightest, only tokens do.

Reactions: Annvious
AllisonWilder said:
Annvious said:

I'm thinking you probably meant this as a 'my profile looks nice and neat making it easier for members to read and find out what to tip for' kind of way, but on the off chance you didn't (or just to clarify for people who might think this), profiles don't influence camscores in the slightest, only tokens do.

That is what I meant, as far as I know it doesn't seem to mean much. Some of the top models don't have very readable profiles and they still do extremely well. I think it couldn't hurt but I wouldn't bank on it helping you make tokens- is what I was trying to say ha ha.

Reactions: AllisonWilder
Annvious said:

I have to agree with this. I've never visited ChristineAsh's cam room so on that score her fancy profile is worthless. As regards the professional look, I found it too slow to load, not intuitive (it does not use the standard MFC layout so is initially confusing), the in-line scroll bars and various boxes are terrible design in my opinion, I would die of boredom trying to read all of it, and there's far too much crap clogging up the comments section at the bottom. LexxiStar's profile just looks bland and empty, it may as well be, but I can see the design elements that you like in it. I studied graphic design and have experience of web design too, so I know a little of what I'm talking about; I also know that there are many different styles out there, some appeal and others do not to the individual who views them, there's something for everyone so just take inspiration from what you like and make it your own.

Out of the three linked to I actually like yours the most, although there is a lot of information on there still. I think you could try to make better use of the default MFC profile sections, or use less of them for information that is already in your graphics. I would also suggest using a smaller font in some of your boxes, try to make the layout of the text neat and tidy (one line per item, if it's a list), use tip request links for videos (you can set the tip comment in the link so you know what it's for), the video stills are good but could be smaller. I also think the profile is slightly too wide overall so try losing about 80 pixels or so from the right hand side. If you put your graphics in the various MFC Interests and Hobbies sections you could save some width there, spread them out a bit but try to keep it relevant to the headings if possible.

You're a good looking gal, your profile does you credit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.