AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I gave my Spotify profile to a camgirl, but I’m worried it wasn’t her that followed me…

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2023
Hey guys, it’s my first post here and this is probably a strange situation I’ve found myself in, but please hear me out.

So I’ve been seeing one specific camgirl for a few months now. She is still relatively new. I believe we’ve built a genuine friendship, we spend a lot of time enjoying each others company on c2c and genuinely laugh together hysterically. We’ll watch each others movies that we send to each other, she even wrote down a bunch of information about Libras for me in her notebook while she was at home and typed it out to me during her show, she’s written my name on her box of dildos at home (lol), and taken photos of herself while at home to send to me during her show. The only reason I mentioned all of that was just to give a gist of our friendship or “friendship”.

Anyway. She works in a studio and I know she isn’t allowed to give or receive things like social media etc. Which also makes sense because she is young and still new. BUT, I was sending a bunch of new music from her favourite genre and sneakily sent her my Spotify profile (half jokingly)(she also played some music directly from my playlists during her show) but hoping she would keep it private for herself, and insisted I didn’t need her to follow my profile or anything, I just wanted her to have the ability to look at any of my music when she wanted. She was adamant in saying that she can’t keep my profile information. Obviously, I was a little bummed that she wouldn’t keep it even though her privacy would remain intact, but I accepted it and moved on.

HOWEVER, roughly 30mins-1 hour after her show finished, I received a new follower on my Spotify. The follower was a completely fresh account, only following one profile and that was mine. In my head, I obviously thought it was this camgirl. I know she knew that I would’ve really appreciated this act, even though I never intended for her to follow me. The next day though I asked her if she was the one that followed me, in which she declined it was her (her reaction genuinely seemed like it wasn’t actually her either)… I need to add that I have NOT received a new follower on Spotify for a couple years, and my Spotify link has not been given to anyone else nor have I posted it anywhere.

After all that, I guess my question is, do you think it was her that followed me? And if not is it possible that my Chaturbate PM chats to her are being watched by someone else (hackers, etc)? She also told me on the day I sent it to her that she had deleted all the web/Spotify history. I’m so sorry this post is so long (I clearly struggle to put all my thoughts into a short paragraph lol). I guess I’m just worried that my information or chats have been compromised as she also sent me my last name in PM as she saw it on my profile. Thanks so much for any help!

Last edited:
Well, even if she does have your name, what is she going to do with it? Sextortion is rampant in the US at the moment and AI is being used to blackmail people who are totally innocent. It would be a breeze to brush it off as a crazy extortion scam and that you have no idea how they got your info. Should it escalate in the way I think you're thinking it would escalate and I don't think it will escalate in any way. Blackmailing clients tends to not work out in our favor.

Upvote 0
Thanks so much for your response! Considering the circumstances, if it wasn’t her that followed my profile, it was an extremely coincidental occurrence. That right after giving her my Spotify info and her show ended I get my first follower on my profile for years, even though she denied it was her and that I haven’t given my Spotify information to anyone else. I guess that’s why I started thinking the worst. So in your opinion, do you think it was her that followed me? Or just a crazy coincidence? Is it possible that her studio really doesn’t allow this type of information being saved by her (so she made a fresh account to follow me and denied it happening to save her back)? Thanks again. ☺️

EDIT: I thought I’d add that she lives in Colombia, not the US. If that changes anything.

Upvote 0
Was either her that followed you or a studio monitor, who knows who was responding or watching when you asked about it.
Sesame Street Idk GIF

Reactions: Yessirrr
Upvote 0
Was either her that followed you or a studio monitor, who knows who was responding or watching when you asked about it.
Sesame Street Idk GIF
To be honest, I did think it may have been a studio monitor… I wonder if it was a monitor who followed my account just to see whether the camgirl followed up on saving my profile, and in turn breaking studio rules. But as your GIF suggests, who the fuck knows 😅I guess it really doesn’t matter. Thanks for the clarity guys, I’m more at ease now knowing my details have most likely not been compromised. I’ve appreciated both your responses!

P.S I blocked the new follower just for some peace of mind lol

Upvote 0
Hey guys, it’s my first post here and this is probably a strange situation I’ve found myself in, but please hear me out.

So I’ve been seeing one specific camgirl for a few months now. She is still relatively new. I believe we’ve built a genuine friendship, we spend a lot of time enjoying each others company on c2c and genuinely laugh together hysterically. We’ll watch each others movies that we send to each other, she even wrote down a bunch of information about Libras for me in her notebook while she was at home and typed it out to me during her show, she’s written my name on her box of dildos at home (lol), and taken photos of herself while at home to send to me during her show. The only reason I mentioned all of that was just to give a gist of our friendship or “friendship”.

Anyway. She works in a studio and I know she isn’t allowed to give or receive things like social media etc. Which also makes sense because she is young and still new. BUT, I was sending a bunch of new music from her favourite genre and sneakily sent her my Spotify profile (half jokingly)(she also played some music directly from my playlists during her show) but hoping she would keep it private for herself, and insisted I didn’t need her to follow my profile or anything, I just wanted her to have the ability to look at any of my music when she wanted. She was adamant in saying that she can’t keep my profile information. Obviously, I was a little bummed that she wouldn’t keep it even though her privacy would remain intact, but I accepted it and moved on.

HOWEVER, roughly 30mins-1 hour after her show finished, I received a new follower on my Spotify. The follower was a completely fresh account, only following one profile and that was mine. In my head, I obviously thought it was this camgirl. I know she knew that I would’ve really appreciated this act, even though I never intended for her to follow me. The next day though I asked her if she was the one that followed me, in which she declined it was her (her reaction genuinely seemed like it wasn’t actually her either)… I need to add that I have NOT received a new follower on Spotify for a couple years, and my Spotify link has not been given to anyone else nor have I posted it anywhere.

After all that, I guess my question is, do you think it was her that followed me? And if not is it possible that my Chaturbate PM chats to her are being watched by someone else (hackers, etc)? She also told me on the day I sent it to her that she had deleted all the web/Spotify history. I’m so sorry this post is so long (I clearly struggle to put all my thoughts into a short paragraph lol). I guess I’m just worried that my information or chats have been compromised as she also sent me my last name in PM as she saw it on my profile. Thanks so much for any help!
I'm not sure what anyone would gain from following your Spotify profile other than perhaps personal information.

And yes, if she works in a studio then other people (monitors, managers) can and will see your conversations, both in the free chat and PM.

Upvote 0
It's probably just a coincidence. Though you may want to consider not using your real name on socials.

Upvote 0
I’ll make an educated guess:

Studio monitor either saw the message(s) where you shared the playlist, or saw when she opened it on her computer. Monitor thought the music on the playlist might come in handy for other models (or just liked it for themselves), so they followed the playlist for future reference.

Probably something innocent like that. I wouldn’t worry much about it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.