AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Public Opinion of Cam Girls

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mynameisbob84 said:
LilyMarie said:
I think it's really sad that in some countries you have to pay so much to go to college/uni and that students are getting into debt left right and center...
Right now I'm paying a semester fee of 234 €. Of that, 173 € go towards my public transport ticket, and I believe I still get an alright education at university.

That is a good deal. That said, student finance in the UK is pretty good (IMO). My degree costs around £3,000 a year (it's a three year course) and I receive around £2,000 every four months for maintenance, but I only have to pay half of that back. On top of that, we get a further £1,500 a year for FREE (thank you, UK tax payers, thank you very much :-D).
So all in all, I get a £9,000 degree paid for and £22,500 towards living costs over a three year period and in total pay back £18,000. Which sounds like a lot but I only start paying it back once I'm earning over £16,000 a year, and even then, it's only ever gonna be around £50 a month. And if I never get a job that pays over £16,000 a year; I never have to pay my student loan back.

As a UK taxpayer I demand you pay back your debt in tokens..to me..please...bb :lol:

LadyLuna said:
mynameisbob84 said:
I only start paying it back once I'm earning over £16,000 a year, and even then, it's only ever gonna be around £50 a month. And if I never get a job that pays over £16,000 a year; I never have to pay my student loan back.

NO FAIR!

My plan is to find a job that pays £15,999 a year :dance:

sweetiebatman said:
mynameisbob84 said:
LilyMarie said:
I think it's really sad that in some countries you have to pay so much to go to college/uni and that students are getting into debt left right and center...
Right now I'm paying a semester fee of 234 €. Of that, 173 € go towards my public transport ticket, and I believe I still get an alright education at university.

That is a good deal. That said, student finance in the UK is pretty good (IMO). My degree costs around £3,000 a year (it's a three year course) and I receive around £2,000 every four months for maintenance, but I only have to pay half of that back. On top of that, we get a further £1,500 a year for FREE (thank you, UK tax payers, thank you very much :-D).
So all in all, I get a £9,000 degree paid for and £22,500 towards living costs over a three year period and in total pay back £18,000. Which sounds like a lot but I only start paying it back once I'm earning over £16,000 a year, and even then, it's only ever gonna be around £50 a month. And if I never get a job that pays over £16,000 a year; I never have to pay my student loan back.

As a UK taxpayer I demand you pay back your debt in tokens..to me..please...bb :lol:

I will take your demands under.... "consideration" :)

I also think there is a negative perception of the type of people who enjoy cam girls. I told my sister what I do and her first reaction was to bash the guys that I work with. She basically called them creeps with no lives. From my short experience I have found it to be quite the opposite. Obviously there will always be creeps, but even when I worked in an office for a high profile company there were quite a few fucking creeps. I find a lot of the men on MFC to be interesting, educated (traditionally and non-traditionally), funny, respectful, and even quite tame. I then decided not to tell her that I found MFC because I was enjoying it as a guest/basic/premium for quite some time.

That Camwhore picture is Awesome... I think that will have to go on my blog. Especially because I tried telling my mom what I do and she immediately said, "Well it's not like you are taking you clothes off." I decided to just leave it at that LOL ;)

lol.. Heh, between education and medical costs in the great free market economy in the good old USA, we're fucked....

BTW.... AmazingAshlee gets credit for the camwhore pic. I just posted the pic from her link. :thumbleft:

mynameisbob84 said:
And if I never get a job that pays over £16,000 a year; I never have to pay my student loan back.

Do they still have the clause that if you don't earn over the national average for X number of years after starting employment they write it off?

I remember when it first came in the biggest problems were that after graduation the students moved and 'forgot' to tell the Student Loan Co their new address. That and the Student Loan Co were so disorganised they couldn't even find hay in a haystack

LolaSmiles said:
I also think there is a negative perception of the type of people who enjoy cam girls. I told my sister what I do and her first reaction was to bash the guys that I work with. She basically called them creeps with no lives. From my short experience I have found it to be quite the opposite. Obviously there will always be creeps, but even when I worked in an office for a high profile company there were quite a few fucking creeps. I find a lot of the men on MFC to be interesting, educated (traditionally and non-traditionally), funny, respectful, and even quite tame. I then decided not to tell her that I found MFC because I was enjoying it as a guest/basic/premium for quite some time.

That Camwhore picture is Awesome... I think that will have to go on my blog. Especially because I tried telling my mom what I do and she immediately said, "Well it's not like you are taking you clothes off." I decided to just leave it at that LOL ;)

There's definitely the creepers and the fucktards out there on cam sites as members. But, not all members are these types of people.

I guess I would fall into the "no life" category, though. I have no girlfriend right now. I work a lot, sometimes close to 70 hours a week. So my free time isn't a whole lot, especially given my second shift schedule. Sure, I go out with friends every now and then, but we all don't have the free time we did in our 20s.

So, I end up spending a lot of time on MFC. Most of the time (that I'm awake) I'm shooting the shit with favorites. Maybe I'm in a mood and I'm hardcore perving. Sometimes I forget I even have MFC up while I am doing other things. I've even forgot to log out and turn my cam off when I go to work.... and come home to a bunch of PMs asking where I am or why am I not at work. :lol:

Though, I'm also often sleeping on MFC. :p If I'm talking to or hanging with later night (my time) favorites, I will often fall asleep. No worries about me sleeping on my keyboard. I sit/lay in my bed when I'm on my computer, anyway. ;) Often my cam is still on when I am asleep, and I wake up to friends/favorites watching me sleep. :lol: But, that doesn't bother me, unless I wake up with massive bedhead. :p

I've only told one person, a guy friend, about camming. He seemed to be cool about it all, asked a few questions without being too invasive. But then one day he was fixing one of my laptops and I get messages like "so where are your pictures", "where do you save videos". I was honestly really surprised. Like, at first he didn't seem to respect me any less, but then jumps to the conclusion that I'll just give naked photos to anyone? Like he suddenly thought my morals were so different. We're still friends, but it definitely affected the friendship.

I don't know if this has much to do with the topic, but it definitely has stopped me telling anybody else. I just don't like the feeling of people who've known me my entire life suddenly losing all respect or seeing me as something else just because of what I do, simply because of their preconceived perception of camgirls.

Oh and as for the laptop, it was just a school one. Nice try, dickhead.

Reactions: LadyLuna
loveyougipsy said:
mynameisbob84 said:
And if I never get a job that pays over £16,000 a year; I never have to pay my student loan back.

Do they still have the clause that if you don't earn over the national average for X number of years after starting employment they write it off?

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. If I can get a few cash in hand jobs between now and then...

UncleThursday said:
I guess I would fall into the "no life" category, though. I have no girlfriend right now. I work a lot, sometimes close to 70 hours a week. So my free time isn't a whole lot, especially given my second shift schedule. Sure, I go out with friends every now and then, but we all don't have the free time we did in our 20s.

Though, I'm also often sleeping on MFC. :p If I'm talking to or hanging with later night (my time) favorites, I will often fall asleep. No worries about me sleeping on my keyboard. I sit/lay in my bed when I'm on my computer, anyway. ;) Often my cam is still on when I am asleep, and I wake up to friends/favorites watching me sleep. :lol: But, that doesn't bother me, unless I wake up with massive bedhead. :p

I'm definitely in the "no life" category at the moment and can only dream of getting down to 70 hour weeks. Last month I was averaging 120 hrs a week.
As long as I have an Internet connection I can work and I actually enjoy my work. Add into that I'm currently working at an office in a different country, my gf is in a different country, summer is our quiet period for client usage of our systems and when i get my work head on hours seem to disappear. It's not unusual for me to look up and wonder when it got dark :)
My gf thinks it's cute when i fall asleep at the computer and she can see. Personally I think she's relieved to see that I actually sleep. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.