AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

My experience of falling in love with a cam model...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're suggesting what I think you are that is just wrong. Telling people her real name or revealing her info can get her killed. Doxxing a sex worker is no joke and it's, frankly, alarming if you are saying to do so.
Tbh I was angry and I still am. I have all info I need to take revenge but im still human...what if she really have financial problems? Or her mom is really sick? I have seen the conditions in which she lives with her son, they are not the best!

I will take 'revenge', that's for sure but i will do it in a mature way. I won't leak any information. It's between me and her. All I want to do is meet her in real life so she can explain herself and give me the 350$ back...

Tbh I was angry and I still am. I have all info I need to take revenge but im still human...what if she really have financial problems? Or her mom is really sick? I have seen the conditions in which she lives with her son, they are not the best!

I will take 'revenge', that's for sure but i will do it in a mature way. I won't leak any information. It's between me and her. All I want to do is meet her in real life so she can explain herself and give me the 350$ back...
201602_1717_dhgch_sm.jpg

And do you think she's going to meet you?

you will never see that $350 back. you were foolish to give it out to a stranger on the internet. who knows, the real stuff she told you could be made up to. so any "ammo" you may have will be lost. what you can do is grow from this. and learn this is why you should refrain from contacting offsite. also refrain from falling for cammodels. we are fantasy girls.

do yourself a favor and stay home. don't spend any more of your resources and time on her. focus on growing into a better person. maybe start spending your time looking for an actual real girl instead of an internet one who just sits behind a keyboard and webcam and lies. the EE models have a habit of doing this. it's crap, and im sorry you were love-conned.

https://www.truelovescam.com/tag/getting-over-being-conned/

She said she was ok to see me irl so we will see I guess...If she doesn't come once im there, I'll wait at the studio so she'll have no choice...

also don't do this. this is consider stalking and harassment. they have security there that isn't afraid to rough people up. things are different there. don't want to be causing trouble as a foreigner. Could land you in jail and with some heavy fines.

She said she was ok to see me irl so we will see I guess...If she doesn't come once im there, I'll wait at the studio so she'll have no choice...

Um.

STALKER ALERT.

buddychrist.jpg

I think... If you had been genuinely in love with her then you wouldn't have been asking her for the money back. So while what she did was very very wrong, claiming you were in love with her is just not true. If it were someone I were in love with I would have wanted to help them out and it not being a loan. At the end of the day, not just with camgirls, but often with real life situations with people you're close to, "loans" often don't get paid back.

This girl was a scammer, there are the odd one about, sometimes from Romania, sometimes from other countries. I think more from Romania due to the culture around sex work, but you definitely shouldn't say that all Romanians think this way. There are fuck loads of amazing girls from Romania who would never scam anyone.

As for "revenge" and getting your money back, I do understand that this really sucks for you. But on the other hand, you have absolutely no idea what situation this girl was in to do that. You have no idea if pressure was coming from elsewhere or if it were a last resort. Camming for her will be a short term thing as you cannot get away with that behaviour for long. It also sounds like she was giving you a lot of extra attention, so while you maybe thought you'd got lucky and that was free attention, in the end you paid for it. And if she is in the poor situation that you say she looks like she's in, are you really going to take the money back? Maybe you are also broke, but it sounds like you have enough to spend on camsites and risk sending across the world.

The only thing you can do for the future is be a little bit more cautious, and never trust a random "I need x money for this awful situation!", they are pretty classic scams. You will not get your money back though. And you definitely won't be getting the money you spent on site back seeing as that was legally hers as soon as you tipped it.

I'm also a little confused why a girl would agree to meet in real life if she'd scammed you. If I were you I'd move on, accept your losses and find someone a bit more genuine in the future.

I think you should drop the matter entirely nothing good is going to come from having an altercation outside her place of work. Just chalk up the money that you spent on her as a loss and move on. Dwelling on this isn't going to make you happy in the end.

If I were you I'd move on, accept your losses and find someone a bit more genuine in the future.

I agree that this is the best thing to do, but it still irks me. It just leaves her free to prey on another. I mean, if our house is burgled, we don't chalk it up to not having good enough locks or security system. But, in the end, I guess there is really is no good remedy today.

I'm not picking on you, Isabella, your response was just the latest.

I think... If you had been genuinely in love with her then you wouldn't have been asking her for the money back. So while what she did was very very wrong, claiming you were in love with her is just not true. If it were someone I were in love with I would have wanted to help them out and it not being a loan. At the end of the day, not just with camgirls, but often with real life situations with people you're close to, "loans" often don't get paid back.
Exactly. You should be happy to help the girl you love. Not making a big deal out of $350 on a forum she's not a part of.

I agree that this is the best thing to do, but it still irks me. It just leaves her free to prey on another. I mean, if our house is burgled, we don't chalk it up to not having good enough locks or security system. But, in the end, I guess there is really is no good remedy today.

But there are things you can do to stop her, you can report her to the camsite. Most girls who do this get banned quickly. The OP also mentioned it being streamate, I am pretty sure there is a review system there. I understand that it is difficult to accept, but you've got to understand that as sex workers many of us have been scammed far more times than members on camsites. For every camgirl out there looking to scam people there seems to be about 20 dudes. Some of these guys are pretending to be camgirls preying on people on various social media platforms, and some of them are out there looking for sex workers to scam out of shows. But in these cases they don't do it because they're broke, they do it because they enjoy having power over others. It's not a male versus female thing, I think it's an anonymity thing. If you're a camgirl your face is directly linked with your profile, it's much easier to be a member who can simply change their username. It is all wrong and it shouldn't happen, but I guess if you face most work days with someone trying to scam you, you kind of develop a "it happens, move on" attitude.
And when it comes to men threatening to get "revenge" on anyone, especially a woman who appears in a vulnerable position, I lose all sympathy. I don't care if that just means you're going to try to get your money back, using the word revenge puts pretty horrific ideas in my mind. £350 is not worth the trouble. She has done wrong, yes, but at the end of the day, it's just money.

But there are things you can do to stop her, you can report her to the camsite.

This is so true. Streamate has a no model customer contact rule. If this is her first offense (or first time getting caught) she will get a warning. If this is a multiple complaint, she will be suspended or banned.

I like the burgled house analogy, but is it really appropriate in this situation? I could see it if his account was hacked, someone breaking in and taking every token or dollar without his consent. But this situation is akin to finding a panhandler on the side of the road, begging for money. Instead of giving them a few dollars, you give them your wallet, asking them to pay you back next week. And you're shocked when they don't show up. He had his money stolen - but he gave it to a stranger on the internet in the first place?

I don't even let people I know super well borrow money from me. I have seen a lot of people borrow money from others - acquaintances and best friends and family alike - and I can count on one hand the number of times it's actually been paid back. I've seen a lot of good friendships fall apart because of it. Is it wrong to not pay back money you've borrowed? Of course. But honestly, I wouldn't let anyone borrow money that I couldn't afford to lose, or money that I actually expected back. (Heck, I don't even let people borrow books or movies unless it's something I don't mind losing.) Because people can be shitty, no matter how well you know them. And money makes people even weirder, man.

I think it's a pretty valuable lesson to learn on the internet. Don't give money to strangers if you want to see it back?

If you are naive and think everyone is who and what they are on the internet, you will be scammed. It sucks but it's the truth. We teach this to new cam-girls all of the time because people try to scam us every single day. It's important to recognize those predators and their scams, so you can avoid them. You cannot stop them completely - not when there are so many other innocent targets in the world. But you can save yourself and you can teach others to do the same. Education is just as valuable as prevention!

But there are things you can do to stop her, you can report her to the camsite. Most girls who do this get banned quickly. The OP also mentioned it being streamate, I am pretty sure there is a review system there. I understand that it is difficult to accept, but you've got to understand that as sex workers many of us have been scammed far more times than members on camsites. For every camgirl out there looking to scam people there seems to be about 20 dudes. Some of these guys are pretending to be camgirls preying on people on various social media platforms, and some of them are out there looking for sex workers to scam out of shows. But in these cases they don't do it because they're broke, they do it because they enjoy having power over others. It's not a male versus female thing, I think it's an anonymity thing. If you're a camgirl your face is directly linked with your profile, it's much easier to be a member who can simply change their username. It is all wrong and it shouldn't happen, but I guess if you face most work days with someone trying to scam you, you kind of develop a "it happens, move on" attitude.
And when it comes to men threatening to get "revenge" on anyone, especially a woman who appears in a vulnerable position, I lose all sympathy. I don't care if that just means you're going to try to get your money back, using the word revenge puts pretty horrific ideas in my mind. £350 is not worth the trouble. She has done wrong, yes, but at the end of the day, it's just money.

Oh, I agree that models get scam attempts way more often than members. It was just the "move on" idea that rubbed me wrong, but if it's an everyday thing, I can see how that attitude is needed.

I always have to stop and think how things are different from that side of the camera.

Agree that in the end, you paid for her extra time and attention, you paid for that fantasy. She was very good at making you believing it, (adding you on facebook, facetiming, etc) and you bought into it. I don't know what the ppm rate for streammate is, but something tells me you got your monies worth of her time. ($350 is a little more than an hour on mfc and I think you definitely got more than an hour of offline entertainment.)

And I also agree that if someone was in a situation where they needed help and it was someone you loved, you wouldn't put the condition on a loan. I will help you with your finances baby, but pay me back! Not really a gesture done out of kindness or love in my opinion.

Anyway man, you will definitely spend way more than $350 going to and from Romania, eating and hotel cost, so why put yourself through that mental and emotional torture. You don't need to see her in person for closure. You already have your closure.

Don't put anymore of your time, mental energy or money into someone who doesn't deserve it or a fantasy that will never happen.

-Welcome to the Jungle

As someone who's traveled a lot in Eastern Europe a word of advice. You do NOT want to create that type of scene in an unfamiliar country involving people you don't know. The local police are not going to be on your side if there's a problem. If she, or the studio, claim that you're stalking or harassing her or there's a disturbance, you have a serious problem.

Stay home.

( I'm giving the studio the benefit of the doubt, some organizations wouldn't bother with law enforcement)

And I also agree that if someone was in a situation where they needed help and it was someone you loved, you wouldn't put the condition on a loan. I will help you with your finances baby, but pay me back! Not really a gesture done out of kindness or love in my opinion.

I should throw this out there....

Last year, I met someone online on FB. We had a number of things in common and became good acquaintances, and a little flirting. But, nothing more than that. She ran into a bind, and I offered to "loan" her some money. She said she wouldn't a couple of times while we were talking over a few days. Eventually, she broke down and asked if the offer was still there.
I told her it was, and that she could pay it back whenever as wasn't any rush for it. I also wanted to make sure that she wasn't put out trying to pay me back. I pretty much wrote off the amount, like I usually do as I don't loan out money I can't afford to lose.
Took her about 18 months. But, she finally paid me back and everything was paid within the last three months, nothing prior to it. She kept telling me she wanted to pay me back, etc. and I kind of thought she was just saying it to keep me guessing.

So, it can happen that people will pay back. But, still in this case, I'd just write it off and be done with it.

Your title for this thread is "My experience of falling in love..." it's the word love in your title that strikes a bad note for me when taken with everything else you have written in the thread, especially with the term revenge. You need to be honest with yourself, you lent her money because you thought that you would get something out of it, because you thought that you would end up with her and now you are upset because things didn't turn out how you wanted. Let it go and move on and learn the lesson that you can't buy love.
Also never lend anyone money, because it always ends in tears. If people I really care about really need money I give them it, if they choose to give it back later then that's great, if not well it was a gift so it doesn't mater! and most importantly it doesn't fuck up something far more important than money.

Agree that in the end, you paid for her extra time and attention, you paid for that fantasy. She was very good at making you believing it, (adding you on facebook, facetiming, etc) and you bought into it. I don't know what the ppm rate for streammate is, but something tells me you got your monies worth of her time. ($350 is a little more than an hour on mfc and I think you definitely got more than an hour of offline entertainment.)

Anyway man, you will definitely spend way more than $350 going to and from Romania, eating and hotel cost, so why put yourself through that mental and emotional torture. You don't need to see her in person for closure. You already have your closure.

Don't put anymore of your time, mental energy or money into someone who doesn't deserve it or a fantasy that will never happen.

-Welcome to the Jungle

did the student become the teacher? :)

I don't know what the ppm rate for streammate is,

Depending on the model, any amount from $0.99 to $19.99 that ends with a 4 or a 9, we get to pick our own rates.

Best case for revenge: The model gets fired and the OP will feel like a horrible human being for the rest of his life.

Worse case for revenge: OP gets himself killed in a foreign country.

Do you think it's worth $350? If the answer is yes, sorry my friend, you have a life filled with bad decisions ahead of you.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
This girl was a scammer, there are the odd one about, sometimes from Romania, sometimes from other countries. I think more from Romania due to the culture around sex work, but you definitely shouldn't say that all Romanians think this way. There are fuck loads of amazing girls from Romania who would never scam anyone.

Thank you for saying this Isabella, since i am romanian and im nothing like the studio girls and i am very honest and i work hard for every tokens i ever made and i am close to lots of fellow models and members and everyone who knows me can say i am nothing like the rumors and i cant help it but to get hurt when someone says something bad about romanians on social media or mfc etc .. every country has theire bad apples and we shouldnt judge someone because they simply come from the same place and most of the people who says this things usully they heard someone else saying and they dont actully know what they are talkin about .. When they hear i am romanian i am put into a category right away and they dont give me a chance to prove myself and show that i am diffrent , if they only stayed around and get to know me they will see i am a good person ! We all have diffrent backgrounds and personality and education so i shouldnt be put into the " romanians are scammers " category , it hurts , oh well !

What...the fuck.

I gotta get showered for work, but some of y'all gotta stop "falling in love" with every cute chick who smiles at you and calls you "bb"/"baby."

What...the fuck.

I gotta get showered for work, but some of y'all gotta stop "falling in love" with every cute chick who smiles at you and calls you "bb"/"baby."
Agreed, and that goes for offline too! Just be nice and don't aim to be a knight in a shining armor.

Thank you for saying this Isabella, since i am romanian and im nothing like the studio girls and i am very honest and i work hard for every tokens i ever made and i am close to lots of fellow models and members and everyone who knows me can say i am nothing like the rumors and i cant help it but to get hurt when someone says something bad about romanians on social media or mfc etc .. every country has theire bad apples and we shouldnt judge someone because they simply come from the same place and most of the people who says this things usully they heard someone else saying and they dont actully know what they are talkin about .. When they hear i am romanian i am put into a category right away and they dont give me a chance to prove myself and show that i am diffrent , if they only stayed around and get to know me they will see i am a good person ! We all have diffrent backgrounds and personality and education so i shouldnt be put into the " romanians are scammers " category , it hurts , oh well !
It is kinda crap that people treat you like that based on where you are from. I think that the problem is that people don't talk enough with each other so they don't benefit from gaining a broader world view. My experience with Romanians have been fairly good both on MFC and in real life. In my book Romanians are just ordinary people living in a country that is a bit poorer than the rest of the EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.