AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

PVTS and spying

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Short but sweet answer:
Maybe dependent on the site but I've not seen any where there's a direct indication of who you're private with.

Not so short answer:
Not too hard to figure out at times depending on the room even to those not spying. e.g., On Cb you can see who disappears/reappears from the room at the same time as the model. On Strip, they still appear in the user list and if the room isn't busy kind of easy to know who it is. On another site I recall you could see their private tips in the main room, etc. Also if you use the Lovense overlay and they tip, their name will appear.

Reactions: Smoothie
Can people that spy see who I am in a private with? Short but sweet :happy:

On CB, there’s no direct indication of who took you private. But you can often figure it out.

In the specific case of spying on a private show - as bbbbadddd said, when the model has the Lovense tip timer displayed on screen during the private show, and the member tips, their username will appear for x number of seconds while the Lush (or whatever) timer winds down.

(Source: I spied on a show yesterday and this exact thing happened)

If the model is speaking to the member out loud, they might also call them by their username during the course of conversation.

Never spied before, so haven't thought about that - only wondered if the model could see in real time who is spying.
So on the CB example, if you are a spy, who do you see in the list of users in the room - just yourself and the model (like it's your private), everyone in the private, or all users in the room?

Reactions: Smoothie
Can people that spy see who I am in a private with? Short but sweet :happy:
On SC, no. It is posible to speculate reasonably accurately I guess, (from the user list) but impossible to know. Certainly not just from spying.

On a vaguely related note, on SC if you have a ticket show or group show, whilst the non-paying users cannot see the show, they can see all "public" chat in the window including who tips what.

Never spied before, so haven't thought about that - only wondered if the model could see in real time who is spying.
So on the CB example, if you are a spy, who do you see in the list of users in the room - just yourself and the model (like it's your private), everyone in the private, or all users in the room?
My friend says she knows who is spying because she can see who is tipping to spy. (At least on CB and SC). This does not apply to fan club members who spy for free. She can not see them.

My friend says she knows who is spying because she can see who is tipping to spy. (At least on CB and SC). This does not apply to fan club members who spy for free. She can not see them.
Thanks. The model who I mod with told me she can see from her token stats who is spying, but it's not like seeing a list of users in the room. And too much on her mind during a private to pay attention to that - just becomes something she looks at later, and notes who was spying.

Reactions: Smoothie and Ozzie_
Never spied before, so haven't thought about that

Honestly, it was a long time before I tried it too. I normally equate spying with voyeurism, which isn’t really my deal. And I still never use it for any model I visit regularly (in that case I just buy my own private show).

But I’ve learned it’s a reasonable way to check out a new-to-me model if I’m on the fence about buying a private. Spying allows me to dip my toes in the water in a way that still pays the model for her time, and is less risky than just buying a private show blind (because when you spy, you can bail at any time … no minimum number of minutes).

On CB, the user list you see while spying on a private is identical to the list you’d see if you just hung out in the model’s public chat waiting for the show to end - you see everyone who is in the room but NOT the model or the member buying the private show.

So when you buy a private, you see 2 people in the room (you + model). When you spy, you see everyone on the list except for those two.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Status
Not open for further replies.