AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Question for anyone using Skrill outside of USA + round up of fee's of Bitcoin V Skrill

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2018
Twitter Username
@TalkingTrouble
Chaturbate Username
TalkingTrouble
Hi everyone,

With the new higher fees for Bitcoin, I'm looking at Skrill as an alternative as I'm outside the US. Mostly a question for those who use Skrill as a payment option where currency conversion applies.

This link states that a 3.99% conversion fee applies to currency conversion https://www.skrill.com/en/siteinformation/fees/#Currency-conversion

Chaturbate fee: Payment by Skrill (1.25% Processor Fee, $25 max)

Will this conversion fee apply on top of the chaturbate fee? Any knowledge or confirmation of this would be really appreciated as I'm trying to weigh up the cost of fee between Bitcoin & Skrill. I'll put what I know down in case anyone else wants to know or add to!

Let's do a value of $1000

Bitcoin:

0.0005 BTC Network Fee (current time of writing) 28.6 USD (20.61 GBP / 23.80 EUR) + your exchange/wallet fees whatever they may be.

So looking at around 971.4 USD... Not the worst ever all things considered.

Total Fee (at time of not including exchange fees): 28.6 USD / 20.60 GBP / 23.80 EUR

Skrill:

1.25% of value at $12.5 = $987.50

(Potential) currency conversion fee 3.99% of $987.5 = $39.4

Withdrawal fee: 6.63 USD / 4.77 GBP / 5.50 EUR

Total fees: 58.53 USD / 42.13 GBP / 48.69 EUR

Total fees without currency conversion: 19.13 USD / 13.78 GBP / 15.92 EUR

SO, and I am literally the worst person in the world for maths & fees! If I did this correctly the currency conversion fee is the killer here. Hopefully this may help someone out! Typing it out helped me for sure!

Just really want to know if that conversion fee will be applied, my guess is yes it will but I'm terrible at knowing these things!

@punker barbie would you know if that currency conversion fee would be applied? Thank you!

Last edited:
Did you manage to figure this out yet @TalkingTrouble? I'm considering switching to Skrill after the Bitcoin fee hike but this also sounds like a lot of fees 😖

Maybe not so bad if the currency conversion fee doesn't apply...

EDIT:
Looking at the Payment Info page they seem to have lowered the Bitcoin transaction fee to 0.0004 BTC which is only $19.21/£13.45 at the time of writing

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello @TalkingTrouble I saw on your post that you've been using bitcoin as a payment method on CB. Does the 0.0005 network fee apply per cash out? Or the rest of payout period? I did my first $220 convert to cash yesterday so Im wondering. Im new on CB and selected bitcoin as payment method. Thanks

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.