AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Question to Members!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

How do you like to be thanked for tips?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2017
USA
Twitter Username
@aliceinbows
MFC Username
Alice_in_Bows
I've been lurking the forums a lot and I have noticed some consistent opposite opinions on this...

Do you prefer if the model thanks you verbally (on cam/through mic) or types out in the chatroom "Thank you" for any tips? Or do you prefer if the model doesn't thank you at all/doesn't call you out?

I've seen a lot of "It's rude not to be thanked" and a lot of "Members don't like to be put on the spot."

How do you guys feel?

Reactions: ACFFAN69
For me it really depends on the situation and the amount tipped.

If you are in the middle of a show please don't interrupt what you are doing....

If you are not in the middle of a show, a smile and some discreet thank you is nice, only if an appropriate amount has been tipped. What is more important for me is if a model remembered me and said hello when I came back into her room, especially if I have been there a few times recently.

For me personally I don't really want to be shown up if I tip. The way I see tipping is a thank you to the model for sharing her time with me and providing good entertainment. I know some models post their "heroes" on their wall, to me this has no value, as the only two people who really need to know about it are the model and myself. However I can see that some guys might like that sort of attention.

Good luck with your first shows.

A thank-you of any kind is fine; I don't feel put on the spot by it ever. Models thank members in a variety of ways, whatever habit a model feels good with is okay by me.

I tend to tip to see if the model is paying attention, so a thank-you may not be enough.
For instance tonight I was in a model's room and tipped for something off her topic but never got the item. I got the thanks, the usually friendly chat, but the lack of attention did have me ultimately remove her from friends list (she had also done it before with me). I tipped a few more times unrelated to her topic and enjoyed my time with her as usual before leaving. This hundred token item may cost her 1000's in tips, at least that is the feeling for right now. My point is a thank-you only works when you actually notice the tip/s: they are not all alike.

a lot of "Members don't like to be put on the spot."
Usually when this is discussed, it's in the context of greeting members by name when they enter the room. I think the majority of people who tip (at least visible tips, hidden ones should be treated differently) are hoping for a direct thank you.

If you are not in the middle of a show, a smile and some discreet thank you is nice, only if an appropriate amount has been tipped. What is more important for me is if a model remembered me and said hello when I came back into her room, especially if I have been there a few times recently.

For me personally I don't really want to be shown up if I tip. The way I see tipping is a thank you to the model for sharing her time with me and providing good entertainment.

Good luck with your first shows.

That is an interesting outlook I've also heard before, and probably my favorite one. Also thank you for the luck!

A thank-you of any kind is fine; I don't feel put on the spot by it ever. Models thank members in a variety of ways, whatever habit a model feels good with is okay by me.

I tend to tip to see if the model is paying attention, so a thank-you may not be enough.
For instance tonight I was in a model's room and tipped for something off her topic but never got the item. I got the thanks, the usually friendly chat, but the lack of attention did have me ultimately remove her from friends list (she had also done it before with me). I tipped a few more times unrelated to her topic and enjoyed my time with her as usual before leaving. This hundred token item may cost her 1000's in tips, at least that is the feeling for right now. My point is a thank-you only works when you actually notice the tip/s: they are not all alike.

Do you think PMing her about it or mentioning it in the tip note would have helped (not sure if you tried that)? I've seen some members have complaints before but they end up talking to the girl later and get it resolved. Though I know some models will purposefully avoid fulfilling requests which I hope isn't the case. Thanks for your input, by the way!

Usually when this is discussed, it's in the context of greeting members by name when they enter the room. I think the majority of people who tip (at least visible tips, hidden ones should be treated differently) are hoping for a direct thank you.

Thank you for this!! I have definitely learned that greeting by name is a huge spook to newcomers. It's the same way in my gaming streams outside of MFC. I usually just wait till they Follow/Subscribe/Tip because lurking is kinda the thing, which brought about this question. Slowly learning dat etiquette...lol

If I tip I would like to be at least acknowledged. Verbally by username. "Thank you SMuser69" is great. If you somehow do know my real name or whatever I wish to be called from a pvt, that should remain between you and me in pvt. "Thank you (insert actual name here)" will probably annoy members that gave you that information in confidence.

Reactions: Alice_in_Bows
If I tip I would like to be at least acknowledged. Verbally by username. "Thank you SMuser69" is great. If you somehow do know my real name or whatever I wish to be called from a pvt, that should remain between you and me in pvt. "Thank you (insert actual name here)" will probably annoy members that gave you that information in confidence.
pft you leave everytime before I can. :p

Any kind of thank you is a good thank you its nice to be acknowledged and a model is happy she got tipped, member is happy it was appreciated and good feels all round. The only kind I don't like are auto thank yous I would rather be totally ignored than get or see one of those.

• Helpful!
I did not vote because my answer can't be pigeonholed into any or all of those categories without context. A thank you is expected if it's not during a show and the room is not super busy. During a show, I would not expect it, just keep going. If the scroll is too fast, then a slight could be expected. But most rooms, during non-show times, yeah, say it, type it either way, just acknowledge it.

One thing to keep in mind, if the tip is not made public, definitely DO NOT mention the member by name. They tipped ninja for a reason, whatever that may be. "Thank you Ninja" is the proper response in those cases.

Other than the cases I mentioned "Thanks Rogue" would be the proper response, either said aloud or typed.

I didn't vote either, as it spans across a few different ones...

I tip simply because I enjoy to. Not because I expect anything in return (unless it's for a specific thing such as video or other item, which goes in the tip note). But, a thank you is appreciated.

It varies on the intent of the tip. Sometimes, I'll tip a few smaller ones, and kind of prefer if the model just keeps going with whatever she's talking about, or doing rather than doing a thank you. It seems that when she says a "Thank you" to every person whom tips, it can be kind of annoying for her and the room. The same is how I view tip sounds. Thus, why I tip silenty on MFC.
But, there's times where I'll tip larger amounts to get a reaction from her. Again, not that I expect a thank you. But, I do love the deer in the headlights look from a model at times as it might stop her in her tracks for a moment. And, or, put one big ass smile on her face.

Don't even care if she knows my real first name and says it, as a few models know it because of long standing regular in their rooms. But, as mentioned, if the tip was ninja'd, keep it secret. Keep it safe of where it came from. I've had a few comment and thank me for a ninja tip, and she's got a socked look on her face...

• Helpful!
Do you think PMing her about it or mentioning it in the tip note would have helped (not sure if you tried that)? I've seen some members have complaints before but they end up talking to the girl later and get it resolved. Though I know some models will purposefully avoid fulfilling requests which I hope isn't the case. Thanks for your input, by the way!
Given so many years at this, I tend to only mention missed requests if I really like the model. In this models' case I mentioned that she missed a request, but I wasn't willing to share the details. I thanked her for a good time (that she missed a tip request wasn't vindictive) and went on with my night. Later on I considered that keeping her on my friends list was inappropriate compared to those on there, so removed her.
She can get back on again but in the mean time I will be looking and spending elsewhere.

I have always found complaining over rated, this includes buying anything: For me the idea of helping someone out by complaining (especially something constructive) just creeps me out, I'd rather let them keep failing and feel the real cost of their type of business.

As it applies to models I look for emotionally authentic rather than honest, otherwise you risk being taken advantage of emotionally; not a game I enjoy. By missing the tip and it's meaning this model simply didn't match the other attention she was giving me... sign of someone far less interested than that attention dictates... sad for me as she is a very interesting woman, but not everyone will like you.

I try to thank everybody when they tip, occaisionally I type if I know they have no sound but usually verbally.
However, if I am in the middle of a show and someone tips for something off my tip menu I may miss it. I do say in my room please remind me if you have requested for something as I know i may have missed it. I only ever use real names after checking with them that they are ok with it otherwise I use member name as on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.